Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,552 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances (14192 Views)

NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi / NYSC: My Unpaid Allowances / Senate Approves Increment Of Nysc Allowances. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by mukina2: 1:23pm On May 15, 2012
Some members of the National Youth Service Corps in Nasarawa State have decided to stay away from their duty posts over the non-payment of their April allowance.

Daily Trust gathered that the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) is yet to pay the April allowance nationwide. Speaking to our correspondent, a corps member, who does not want her name in print said, “We cannot continue like this, we don’t even have money to transport ourselves to work. For about two weeks now, I have been borrowing money to transport myself to work.”

The corps member added that she and five others, all serving in a government office, stayed away from work last week.

“This week too, we are going to stay at home. We understand several other corps members are no longer going to work because they don’t have transport fare,” she said.

Another corps member, who is also serving in a government office in Lafia, said, “I went to work last week, but I can’t continue like this. I will report for work today, but by tomorrow, I will join my colleagues who have stopped reporting for work.”

Source

1 Like

Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 15, 2012
I will continue going to work. Come on, i thought the motto was "service and humility". Pay or no pay, i'm working!

6 Likes

Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by Gatsby(m): 1:30pm On May 15, 2012
Nigeria Is Cash-Strapped, Can't Pay Monthly State Allocations And NYSC Allowances!

Sources in several state governments as well as the Federal Ministry of Finance have disclosed to SaharaReporters that Nigeria’s cash flow woes appear to be worsening. For the second month in a row, the Nigerian government was unable to meet the schedule for disbursing monthly allocations from the federation account to states.

Our sources accused President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration of depleting the country’s foreign reserves and recklessly overspending budgeted funds.
One source revealed that the Federal Ministry of Finance has paid March monthly allocations only to some states. The allocations for April and May 2012 remain unpaid. As a result of what some of the sources described as a major cash flow crisis, many civil servants and National Youth Corps members have yet to receive their April salaries or allowances.
In addition, the meeting of the Federal Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC) has been postponed indefinitely after the secretariat said the earlier meeting scheduled for today and tomorrow was no longer feasible. SaharaReporters obtained a text message announcing the cancellation of the meeting. Sent by Philip K. Angulu, the terse message apologized to recipients for any inconveniences caused by the postponement.

SaharaReporters learnt that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has not been able to make regular payments to the federation accounts as oil marketers and corporation are now deducting their share of profit in offshore accounts to avoid dealing with local bureaucratic bottlenecks.

A source within the Presidency described Mr. Jonathan as a confused pawn in the hands of members of his security team who manipulate him to approve huge “security votes” for the so-called fight against terrorism. “Many of the president’s security advisers just keep deceiving him into releasing more and more cash to them – and they have nothing to show for it,” said the source.

Another source in the Central Bank told SaharaReporters that fuel marketers continue to defraud Nigerians with undocumented and fraudulent claims. “As we speak, I can tell you that the government has virtually spent this year’s budget for fuel subsidies – and we are only in the middle of May,” said the source. He added, “Nigerians are calling on President Jonathan to prosecute those who committed fraud in collecting fuel subsidies in the past. They don’t know that the fraud has actually increased this year.”
One of our sources accused Christopher Kolade, the chairman of the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment (SURE) Committee, of deliberately misleading Nigerians when he claimed that N60 billion has been saved for the implementation of the phantom palliative program put in place by Mr. Jonathan’s government to pacify Nigerians who thronged the streets of Nigerian and foreign cities in January to protest the removal of fuel subsidy. “Dr. Kolade knows that no such fund exists,” said the source, a ranking official in the federal government.
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by jummy05: 1:34pm On May 15, 2012
What is Nigeria turning out to be? Just imagine,owing the people who have sacrificed their family,life and others in order to serve their fatherland!Ngozi Okonjo could afford to pay the politicians their allowances while leaving the corpers to languish in hunger all in the name of serving their fatherland.God punish Jonathan and his cohorts and serve Nigeria.This is too terrible.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by ijawkid(m): 1:36pm On May 15, 2012
Mumu country with foolish thief thief demonic leaders
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by coldiz: 1:39pm On May 15, 2012
Issokay,.... Issorai... I see...
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by bcomputer101: 1:47pm On May 15, 2012
Haba!!! dis suffering too much.... PLS SUPPORT, OCCUPY CORPERS INTERNET PROTEST......[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by baturef: 1:54pm On May 15, 2012
This is not fair o. Meanwhile mrs jona is cooking designer food in her kitchen. Godiswatching
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by tchaik(m): 1:56pm On May 15, 2012
No be only for Nasarawa;have reliable info that many Corpers are mobilising to stop going to their various PPA from tomorrow.
Very unfortunate!
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by noit(m): 1:57pm On May 15, 2012
Quic quid plantantor solo solo cedit
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by saintneo(m): 2:00pm On May 15, 2012
This is how this country will ignite. Jonathan is fighting boko haram with huge security votes, yet he is not working. Nnpc is in debt but oil is being sold by naija. Politicians are only seeking their pocket and nysc peeps are hungry.

More pressure on the government please
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by cyril83(m): 2:00pm On May 15, 2012
mukina2:

Source
"no money to transport ourselves to work"...dats vry funny,ao abt ones dey av paid dem,av dey squanderd it all?....u guyz had beta serve wit humility.
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by ariyebaba(m): 2:03pm On May 15, 2012
Nigeria is on the brink of COLLAPSE ! I pray that the Youth Corp Members will not turn to AREA BOYS & GIRLS,STREET URCHINS,THIEVES,PROSTITUTES,............................... grin sad shocked cool tongue embarassed undecided
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 15, 2012
Its scary when they said Nigeria is broke, I am even scared right now. No more crude oil money ?
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by peziz(f): 2:10pm On May 15, 2012
This is really heartbreaking. Please they better pay corp members their allowance.
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 15, 2012
The two major problems are okonjo and sanusi.. Okonjo made said this and am really what would make nigeria cash_ strapped despite the billions the country make daily. Sanuni came up with his last week regarding the introduction of 5000 and 2000 naira notes. This country suffers a lot not because of the violence of bad people but silence of good people.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by Nnaemiemax: 2:24pm On May 15, 2012
ollah1: The two major problems are okonjo and sanusi.. Okonjo made said this and am really what would make nigeria cash_ strapped despite the billions the country make daily. Sanuni came up with his last week regarding the introduction of 5000 and 2000 naira notes. This country suffers a lot not because of the violence of bad people but silence of good people.

GBAM!!!
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by 2sign: 2:28pm On May 15, 2012
i beg make them do pay oh,since january i neva colect alawi.na my mumsy dy help me like say i no dy work.
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by miteolu(m): 2:28pm On May 15, 2012
yorke: I will continue going to work. Come on, i thought the motto was "service and humility". Pay or no pay, i'm working!

I beg they don shop ur money
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by deeplow: 2:31pm On May 15, 2012
cyril83: "no money to transport ourselves to work"...dats vry funny,ao abt ones dey av paid dem,av dey squanderd it all?....u guyz had beta serve wit humility.

Will you stop talking.I bet you never served or won't ever.how much is 19,800 for an adult?some corpers eat good food o and have people to take care of.
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by pdpiperpippen: 2:34pm On May 15, 2012
Shey u've forgotten when u were singing under the sunshine and in the rain Nigeria we serve! Oya! Now is the time to proof it, next time don't sing what u will not do!
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by Seunakj(m): 2:36pm On May 15, 2012
I don't know reason for delaying their stipends or allowee or whatever. Despite these people surender themselves to serve their fatherland. I just want to appeal to Fg to pay their allowance in time. Abscond or absent from dutyposts is not the best. Let matter be solved amicably.
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by tchaik(m): 2:37pm On May 15, 2012
noit: Quic quid plantantor solo solo cedit
You just started your Land Law class, abi?
And you wan show urself?
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by poj(m): 2:37pm On May 15, 2012
This is indeed a confirmation of d fact that our dear nation is broke. Its high time pol ofic holdrs began to reduce their allowances if they r truly thr to serve.
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by Nyntynplus: 2:39pm On May 15, 2012
hmmn as tym dey go future dey bad, no money no action, guarantee is d money xpenses..
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by pdpiperpippen: 2:40pm On May 15, 2012
Govt has removed subsidy on allawi, every corper shld go and generate his/her own allowance. NO MORE SUBSIDY! Una money dey sure-p. GEJ will use it to make bomb available to all by year 2015 grin grin so that wen nxt BH bomb u, u bomb back grin this is sure security for all grin
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by grafikii: 2:52pm On May 15, 2012
Govt no pay NYSC allawie.Some Babes hair don dey smell, BIS don expire,food stuff don finish..
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by jummy05: 2:54pm On May 15, 2012
this is too bad.i wonder what Minister for Youth Development is doing.Our leaders should be ashamed of themselves.This is 15th day of the month,corpers have not been paid their April stipend.These leaders are disgrace to themselves.
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by charisel(m): 3:02pm On May 15, 2012
Its quite unfortunate, despite the huge resources we have and our presence in OPEC, yet the people still suffer perpetually because of some few swindlers, muggers, educated airheads turning the wheels of governance. What a shame!
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 15, 2012
This is serious o! Corpers dey suffer now afta enjoyin allowie increase.
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 15, 2012
yorke: I will continue going to work. Come on, i thought the motto was "service and humility". Pay or no pay, i'm working!
GOOD FOR YOU! .... also stopped going to work last week...Good radiance to bad rubbish
Re: NYSC Members Shun Work Over Unpaid April Allowances by Silva79(f): 3:14pm On May 15, 2012
Useless leaders! God is watching

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NYSC Batch C Calendar 2018 / Fake Corper To Serve In Prison / National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) Graduates And Nysc Exclusion Letter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.