Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,069 members, 7,835,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Your Childhood Memories - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Childhood Memories (2754 Views)

If You Didn't Do These As A Child, Then Your Childhood Wasn't Awesome(pictures). / Which Of This Is Your Childhood Games (photos) / If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Childhood Memories by babaibadan(m): 6:16pm On Aug 04, 2006
A lot of us have different background cultures and traditions and this affects our activities as children.
I remember building houses with sand, Police and thief, making guns out of paper and the most famous ones DADDY and MUMMY play.i know a lot ofladies did TENTEN.What were the things u did as a child?

Re: Your Childhood Memories by iice(f): 6:23pm On Aug 04, 2006
Hmmmm i played indians and cowboys, cops and robbers, wrestling mania lol, i also always went on escapades, be gone for the whole day crossing lil creeks(was terribly adventurous then) and exploring the town also climbing the house and jumping frm buildings 2 water tanks and jumping fences (Yes i was a rebel) Got spanked everytime but i'd still do it the next day, played football with the guys, went on anything excursion the guys went on lol. I played jump ropes and tenten with girls. . . grin grin
Re: Your Childhood Memories by babaibadan(m): 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2006
iice:

Hmmmm i played indians and cowboys, cops and robbers, wrestling mania lol, i also always went on escapades, be gone for the whole day crossing lil creeks(was terribly adventurous then) and exploring the town also climbing the house and jumping frm buildings 2 water tanks and jumping fences (Yes i was a rebel) Got spanked everytime but i'd still do it the next day, played football with the guys, went on anything excursion the guys went on lol. I played jump ropes and tenten with girls. . . grin grin
u must definitely be a troublesome kid,gurl for that matter lol Are u still making truoble?
Re: Your Childhood Memories by iice(f): 7:24pm On Aug 04, 2006
Yes o i was trouble on legs lol, i've mellowed now grin
Re: Your Childhood Memories by LiquidMind(m): 8:07pm On Aug 04, 2006
I love climbing mango's trees and plucking them.
If the owner see me on the tree. i will have no choice but to do spiderman on him
Re: Your Childhood Memories by mamaput(f): 10:55pm On Aug 04, 2006
I used to climb trees.
Go to peoples compound to steal fruits. One person always had to stand guard and when the owner comes we will jump down and run for our lives.
I used to fill an empty tin with water kill a grasshopper add grass and put it in the sun to boil. The water got real hot.
I climbed the roof of the house.
Sometimes me and my sister will climb the hill in front of our house.
One day we walked from Enugu to hilltop , dont ask me how we got there we were only like 8 and 10 years old.
Fish in the stream.
play with potto potto. and when it raines play sking in the grass
Re: Your Childhood Memories by babaibadan(m): 10:59pm On Aug 04, 2006
mamaput u remind of the song we used to sing when its raining. Rain rain go away
I also stole fruits, i also played with rubber band. who remebers "counters" also the cover for coke i collected a lot of that.
dont forget mini mini mani mo father has a donkey and so on.
Re: Your Childhood Memories by mamaput(f): 11:20pm On Aug 04, 2006
The cover of coke i forgot.
And coso ( that thing that you spin and it falls on its mouth.
But we also played with asbestos and built house with it.
And that think has been banned.
I even played with toads. throw them as fas as bpossible or on my friends.
Re: Your Childhood Memories by ikamefa(f): 4:23am On Aug 05, 2006
i used to play with sand, chase all ma gradmas goats around the house, throw stones at the goats and all ma grandmas chickens in the compund, i used to go and uncover and smash lizard eggs buried in the sand around the house that was ma speciality tongue

i loved climbing trees especially the orange tree in front of ma fathers house and i would always get whipped , i still went back any way tongue

i played a lot of ten tens, boju bojus, iya ati babas.
Re: Your Childhood Memories by babaibadan(m): 4:30am On Aug 05, 2006
ikamefa:

i used to play with sand, chase all ma gradmas goats around the house, throw stones at the goats and all ma grandmas chickens in the compund, i used to go and uncover and smash lizard eggs buried in the sand around the house that was ma speciality tongue

i loved climbing trees especially the orange tree in front of ma fathers house and i would always get whipped , i still went back any way tongue

i played a lot of ten tens, boju bojus, iya ati babas.
i feel you i also did similar things. seems like we all like climbing trees as little children
Re: Your Childhood Memories by ikamefa(f): 4:32am On Aug 05, 2006
babaibadan:

i feel you i also did similar things. seems like we all like climbing trees as little children

its cos our mother would always warn us not to climb least we fall and break our legs,arms whatever ! but u known a child's curiosity would always get the better of that child.
Re: Your Childhood Memories by nike4luv(f): 4:34am On Aug 05, 2006
ten ten, mummy and daddy, bread and butter [jaskelebe, ma je o gbona cheesy], omo oba kan n geshin lo wink,

didnt climb because i was afraid of breaking something, but i did crawl undecided
Re: Your Childhood Memories by iice(f): 7:24am On Aug 05, 2006
Yes oh climbing trees were fun, i used 2 do it even in boarding house was almost caught once, mango acid even burn a tiny patch on ma face, thankfully its gone now lol in primary school even broke me arm because i fell out of a tree due 2 some climbing plant tying itself round my legs lol. grin ;Dl. I played counters o, loved that one and whats that game called? when u throw stone up and pack the remaining stones before the other stone falls and u catch it? i was a pro in that one. grin Rode bikes around the town hehehe had so much fun as a kid, u notice we were quite fearless as a kid cheesy
Re: Your Childhood Memories by babaibadan(m): 11:04pm On Aug 05, 2006
did anybody roll tires? dodging!! Fire!!
Re: Your Childhood Memories by mamaput(f): 11:16pm On Aug 05, 2006
Me but no fire or tie them to a tree and use as swing.
Re: Your Childhood Memories by babaibadan(m): 11:22pm On Aug 05, 2006
mamaput:

Me but no fire or tie them to a tree and use as swing.
u really had a time growing up.
Re: Your Childhood Memories by iice(f): 7:29am On Aug 06, 2006
Yes i rolled tires o, but no dodge fire lol. I used this crib looking thing will rollers(Don't knw what they call em) and roll down the street just dodgin potholes and rocks or else na 2 fly out of the thing grin
Re: Your Childhood Memories by mamaput(f): 8:49am On Aug 06, 2006
or walking on empty milk tins.
We used to put a hole in the middle of the tins attach a rope to them and hold the rope with toes as support to walk
Re: Your Childhood Memories by snazzydawn(f): 1:34pm On Aug 07, 2006
did anyone also roll motorcycle wheels on the road? I have so many mischievous things I did when I was a kid.I recall putting unripe guavas in my mum's pot of soup because she flogged me.I always had an endless supply of stones and unripe guavas in the pockets of my shorts and would not hesitate to stone anyone with them,especially from up the tree.I loved to play in sand,spraying it around and looking for trouble everywhere.I remember the first day I saw my vagina,I thought it was a sore I developed while playing rough and I cried so hard.When my mum would make my hair to go to school in the morning,I would come back with everything all out so to solve that problem,she used a shaving stick to shave off all my hair and you know what happened the next day?I used paper to cover my hair and dared anybody to laugh at me because mennnn,I looked horrible!!!
Re: Your Childhood Memories by iice(f): 1:42pm On Aug 07, 2006
Ahahahaha the hair part is funny snazzydawn. But i did carry stones and unripe guave to stone people lol. Also did the motorcycle tires too hehehe.
Re: Your Childhood Memories by babaibadan(m): 2:06pm On Aug 07, 2006
@snazzydown
ha that guava in the pot part is interesting, so did yur mum discover ur mischief or did the whole house eat guava soup.
Re: Your Childhood Memories by shantell(f): 8:41pm On Aug 07, 2006
i pretended playing a model with my friends, flying paper planes,yeah tenten,even cooking i used to go to our kitchen and take somethings like rice and other things and pretend i was cooking for people
Re: Your Childhood Memories by babaibadan(m): 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2006
I also remember those times when i did sth wrong in the presence of visitors,my mum would use "eyes" to talk to me if u know what i mean. Whenever i am back from skool i rem my older ones asking me to recite poems i learnt in skool that usually ends up in comedy cus i dont know the lyrics just the ryhmes so i end up with my own words. Poems like Two lil birds sitting on a wall ,one named peter, and so on. I also had problems learning the national anthem and of course state and capital.
@shantell
almost all young gurls cook imaginary food that no one will be able to eat.LOL
Re: Your Childhood Memories by Busta(f): 4:10pm On Aug 09, 2006
- playing with my BMX bicycle
- going for an easter family picnic at Gurara falls
- travelling home from xmas and putting on new clothes, pants and shoes, feeling sooooooo cool
- my 10th birthday, felt like a queen

some memories!
Re: Your Childhood Memories by mamaput(f): 8:03am On Aug 10, 2006
Sometimes we used to scratch broken white plates on the stone ground till it forms powder and use it to polish our finger nails. Till they shine
Re: Your Childhood Memories by babaibadan(m): 4:06pm On Aug 10, 2006
mamaput:

Sometimes we used to scratch broken white plates on the stone ground till it forms powder and use it to polish our finger nails. Till they shine
did that, egg shells were used instead.
Re: Your Childhood Memories by babaibadan(m): 4:07pm On Aug 10, 2006
@busta
u had an ajebota childhood, cant be compared to ajepako one;so full of fun. wink
Re: Your Childhood Memories by ikamefa(f): 4:28pm On Aug 10, 2006
I remember ma mum sending me to buy Ghana bread for her from the next street from our house and a couple of ma childhood friend were skipping ropes, i left ma mamas money by the side of the road and skipped rope with them. My mum tired of waiting for the bread met me there and gave me the whipping of ma life." grin" Did it on several occasions too and i got thumped each time. grin
Re: Your Childhood Memories by Oracle(m): 5:47am On Aug 22, 2006
Do i have any childhood memories? no i don't grin
Re: Your Childhood Memories by mustafar1: 5:53am On Aug 22, 2006
stealing meat from the pot which later led to trying to steal popcorn while it was still popping. u open the pot up and voila na hot popcorn attack ur face.
Re: Your Childhood Memories by Ndipe(m): 8:38pm On Aug 22, 2006
http://nigerianmemories..com/

Riding bike with my brothers and cousins.

My 10th birthday, five days after my sister's baptism was just the best birthday I have ever had.

Hunting for snails with my brother and cousins at Housing Estate park in Calabar, shortly after rainfall. What happened? The maid fried them for us.

Listening to Christmas carols during Christmas, decorating the house with artifical Christmas tree from "Whispering pine" tree.

Annual Christmas party at Unical Staff School, complete with Father Christmas.  Ok, that one, I was a regular, even when I left for secondary school.

My mother taking me and my siblings for Christmas shopping along that Marian Road, have forgotten the name of the shopping 'plaza'

How can I forget, baking ChinChin and cookies (Gingerbread man and the rest) with my mother and siblings. That was a treat!!!.

Fetching water at the pump, sometimes at UNICAL staff quarters and a nearby well in the village.

Heck, how about gathering firewood during harvest of palm fruits in the village?

Watching Television with my family members.

Life in Nigeria generally was memorable. Thank God for those wonderful memories.
Re: Your Childhood Memories by trully: 1:27am On Aug 25, 2006
I remember sometimes grinding up chalks and rolling them up in a paper and pretending to smoke. Once in a while my brothers and I would roll up papers and lit them up and pretended to smoke. My mom caught us once and bit the 'devil' out of us.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Your Reckoning As A New Year Is Beckoning? / Please Is It Right Or Wrong / Tattoos Idolising.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.