Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Lets Talk About Estonia - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk About Estonia (878452 Views)

Are There Nigerians In Estonia? / Need Information On This Three European Country Latvia,estonia & Lithuania / Estonia Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by prittygift114: 12:12pm On Sep 25, 2016
ananaosei:

i used Ecobank in paying mine, from what i know it should reflect within 5-7 working days. am sure they're aware it takes longer that's why the ask the student to send a scan copy of the receipt to their mail to start working on your docs even before it reflect.....stand to be corrected though. %$#@HE IS OUR STRENGTH@#$

Were you giving any receipt immediately after u finish paying with form A? Based on what I heard they don't just give receipt immediately after payment until they are done with the transaction. Lets pour more light on this please.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by striker9(m): 12:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
Made123:
@mryoung16 and Aragon1, thanks for the encouraging post. I have been thinking of the possibility of meeting up with February 2017 start date. Since the deadline for application is 30th, I don't think I can make it. these are my reasons below:
1. after having sent the electronic copies of my credentials via email, I will have to wait till I get an approval of my documents and invoice payment receipts for registration fee sent me of which while sending my docs via email, I have to include the invoice receipts also.
2. I don't know if the payment could he done via credit card to beat the deadline.
3.I intend applying for masters and it takes like a week to get my transcripts sent from my school to any foreign institution which will have passed the deadline. The reason why I'm keen towards applying for masters is because of TRP accessibility within Estonia.
3. the reasons I can't apply for Higher Professional is because of TRP ish and I don't have my secondary school transcripts(don't know if weac online results/ secondary school testimonial + a notarized copy of my own transcripts can suffice)
Btw
prittygift114 I also had this thought in mind my for a while but I concluded that when one gets to the bridge, he/she will cross it. this is where self determination to succeed comes in and I know you've got that within you 100%

now as regards TRP, can one just do it online of you will have to go and apply within the country where an Estonian embassy is located nearest to you(I.e for those going for HPDiploma)
You have valid points, I also decide to wait for next app cos rushing things is not advisable at all but having proper plan without any hassle.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by prittygift114: 12:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
prittygift114 I also had this thought in mind my for a while but I concluded that when one gets to the bridge, he/she will cross it. this is where self determination to succeed comes in and I know you've got that within you % 100

Honesty, I wonder why our brothers and sisters that are currently studying in Estonia never said anything about it even when you asked question...am surprised though. Anyway thanks MADE123

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by striker9(m): 12:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
prittygift114:

Hello my good people, please someone should help me answer this question. ....I really need to know the answer. Thanks
No one can guarantee such but it all depends on what you have to offer.Its achievable, with good grades and being able to speak the language fluently can be an added advantage.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by prittygift114: 12:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
striker9:
You have valid points, I also decide to wait for next app cos rushing things is not advisable at all but having proper plan without any hassle.

You are on point but what kills most about that jaunary intake is that you have to wait till September 2017, the year has ended u no? My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by striker9(m): 1:52pm On Sep 25, 2016
prittygift114:

You are on point but what kills most about that jaunary intake is that you have to wait till September 2017, the year has ended u no? My opinion though.
I understand you,if u have all your docs intact then its still OK to proceed with the application.Waiting till September might be long tho cos I know how much we all wish to be there earlier, all the anxiety of being a new and conducive environment, meeting new friend and starting another stage of life.The advantage of waiting for January intake cannot be overlooked, there would be opportunities of more courses and schools to choose from, longer period to get all docs available and also enough time to plan for visa.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Aragon1: 2:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
[quote author=Made123 post=49655486]@mryoung16 and Aragon1, thanks for the encouraging post. I have been thinking of the possibility of meeting up with February 2017 start date. Since the deadline for application is 30th, I don't think I can make it. these are my reasons below:
1. after having sent the electronic copies of my credentials via email, I will have to wait till I get an approval of my documents and invoice payment receipts for registration fee sent me of which while sending my docs via email, I have to include the invoice receipts also.
2. I don't know if the payment could he done via credit card to beat the deadline.

In response to Q1, to be honest I got my doc approval the same day I sent my electronic docs..and the invoice of registration is only sent after you have forwarded your docs by post to the School and in my own case it was also the same day...they are fast and I guess it's because the current admission term isn't a regular one as most universities do not admit this term.

Q2 I doubt that but you could still mail the school to ask but one moniker made mention of the fact that if you can pay and forward the payment invoice or telex copy of your transaction then the school will actually know u paid before d given due date and your docs could be attended to on this grounds...note dat the payment invoice will come after u have posted your docs..

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Made123: 2:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
@striker9 you have a point here because the application for tut Tallinn will open next year at dream apply. it's just the ideology of leaving naija that is really playing mind games with us. Anytime I remember a guy who applied to another country same day with me and got his while i was delayed, the same guy had to withdraw from his program coupled with the fact that he had difficulties with adaption to the new environ due to the rush hour as he told me on chat.

Well I will notarized my docs including transcript and send my docs via the schools email like that, let me see the out come. You can also do likewise.

prittygift114 you are welcome and have you applied already to euroacademia

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by striker9(m): 2:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
Made123:
@striker9 you have a point here because the application for tut Tallinn will open next year at dream apply. it's just the ideology of leaving naija that is really playing mind games with us. Anytime I remember a guy who applied to another country same day with me and got his while i was delayed, the same guy had to withdraw from his program coupled with the fact that he had difficulties with adaption to the new environ due to the rush hour as he told me on chat.

Well I will notarized my docs including transcript and send my docs via the schools email like that, let me see the out come. You can also do likewise.

prittygift114 you are welcome and have you applied already to euroacademia

As long u have all your docs then u can apply, if u don't meet up at least your app will be treated first before new ones in December. I think euro academia is easiest uni to get admission in Estonia as it is private uni and they need the money Lol

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Aragon1: 2:53pm On Sep 25, 2016
@Made123 I also know that it's your Notarized Waec cert with a scratch card that is needed..don't think dy demand secondary school transcript but I stand to be corrected..sending your transcript from your uni is what I v always been concerned about and dats why I suggested HPD.....

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Made123: 3:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
Aragon1:
@Made123 I also know that it's your Notarized Waec cert with a scratch card that is needed..don't think dy demand secondary school transcript but I stand to be corrected..sending your transcript from your uni is what I v always been concerned about and dats why I suggested HPD.....
@ Aragon, thanks and noted. in fact the hpd is a good one since it has an internship program that would enable one break into the Estonian Labour Market but I'm more concerned with getting a masters degree at the moment. Moreover, I'm just worried with the TRP wahala. I read that HpD applicants cannot apply for TRP within Estonia and this is the stress I'm trying to avoid.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Made123: 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2016
striker9:
As long u have all your docs then u can apply, if u don't meet up at least your app will be treated first before new ones in December. I think euro academia is easiest uni to get admission in Estonia as it is private uni and they need the money Lol
lol even EBS is also a private uni and they need the money too. The even opened a branch in Helsinki mindless of the fact that the government of Finland stated that any degree obtained from EBS in Helsinki branch will not be treated as a degree obtained from Finnish uni but rather an Estonian uni

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by striker9(m): 4:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
Made123:

lol even EBS is also a private uni and they need the money too. The even opened a branch in Helsinki mindless of the fact that the government of Finland stated that any degree obtained from EBS in Helsinki branch will not be treated as a degree obtained from Finnish uni but rather an Estonian uni
Now I think I know where you going and why u so adamant about EBS Lol ..... I said euro is easiest cos how they waive proficiency test and EBS is kinda more expensive.. e be like say na that Finland own go make sense pass Lol
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Made123: 4:53pm On Sep 25, 2016
striker9:
Now I think I know where you going and why u so adamant about EBS Lol ..... I said euro is easiest cos how they waive proficiency test and EBS is kinda more expensive.. e be like say na that Finland own go make sense pass Lol
lol let's watch out and see how everything unfolds. So as regards Euro academia can you still make this coming week or your docs are still pending at the moment
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by striker9(m): 5:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
Made123:

lol let's watch out and see how everything unfolds. So as regards Euro academia can you still make this coming week or your docs are still pending at the moment
My docs are still pending o unless I wanna apply for bsc ,so I'll just wait till January while I sort everything sortable...
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by ananaosei: 5:07pm On Sep 25, 2016
prittygift114:

Were you giving any receipt immediately after u finish paying with form A? Based on what I heard they don't just give receipt immediately after payment until they are done with the transaction. Lets pour more light on this please.

I barely have an idea what the form A is, in Ghana when one need to make a swift transfer, all the person needs is a FUND TRANSFER FORM and nothing like form A.

when i was going to transfer mine, the lady at the bank told me it cant be done today due to system slow down, so she made me fill the form providing my account number as i was transferring directly from my dollar account to that of the school.

she gave me a receipt indicating i have made a transfer to the schools account.
I got a message from them the next day showing the transaction has been done.

I went to the Indian consulate last Friday only to be told Ghanaian passport qualifies for E-visa, no interview and it takes 5 working days to be ready. Processing fee of $48 nothing more.
too good to be true o_o

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Made123: 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
ananaosei:

I barely have an idea what the form A is, in Ghana when one need to make a swift transfer, all the person needs is a FUND TRANSFER FORM and nothing like form A.

when i was going to transfer mine, the lady at the bank told me it cant be done today due to system slow down, so she made me fill the form providing my account number as i was transferring directly from my dollar account to that of the school.

I went to the Indian consulate last Friday only to be told Ghanaian passport qualifies for E-visa, no interview and it takes 5 working days to be ready. Processing fee of $48 nothing more.
too good to be true o_o
bro you country has an organized system which is really helping toying plans work timely and well planned. kudos
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mryoung16: 5:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
[quote author=ananaosei post=49664872]

I got a message from them the next day showing the transaction has been done

@ananaosei, are u saying that I can pay the 100 Euro with my domiciliary account?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mryoung16: 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
Made123:

@made123, how far? What's the plan? Canny or Estonia, for me am expecting my Gcms this week, will refire once I get it, in terms of Estonia, I go dey follow am up...no harm in trial.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mryoung16: 5:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
striker9:

Easiest Indeed bro..
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by ananaosei: 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
[quote author=mryoung16 post=49665475][/quote]

Hopefully yes, through swift transfer. Normally the charge is higher but quite convenient. i was charge $75 for transferring 300 euros.
you could go to your bank tomorrow and explain/tell them you want to do a swift transfer. you should get a receipt that very same day though. Hopefully that should be possible in Nigeria
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by ananaosei: 5:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
Made123:

bro you country has an organized system which is really helping toying plans work timely and well planned. kudos

Biko! i pray o
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mryoung16: 5:55pm On Sep 25, 2016
ananaosei:

Hopefully yes, through swift transfer. Normally the charge is higher but quite convenient. i was charge $75 for transferring 300 euros.
you could go to your bank tomorrow and explain/tell them you want to do a swift transfer. you should get a receipt that very same day though. Hopefully that should be possible in Nigeria

Ok thank you.. Hopefully I will do that tomorrow.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Aragon1: 7:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
ananaosei:

Thanks so much for this information @mryoung16 oyaaaaa let's hit the bank tomorrow ....happy Sunday folkss
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Made123: 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
[quote author=Aragon1 post=49660902][/quote]
Alright, then if that's the case, the electronic copy of my notarized docs will be ready by Tuesday and I will mail it to the school. if I can get approval by Wednesday I will send my docs via post same day. then I have no choice than to see if it get to the school before Friday. then if I can't make the payments by Friday, I will just hands down and allow the uni enroll me into their next start date. (nothing spoil)
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Made123: 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2016
ananaosei:

Biko! i pray o
lol
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Aragon1: 7:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
Made123:

Alright, then if that's the case, the electronic copy of my notarized docs will be ready by Tuesday and I will mail it to the school. if I can get approval by Wednesday I will send my docs via post same day. then I have no choice than to see if it get to the school before Friday. then if I can't make the payments by Friday, I will just hands down and allow the uni enroll me into their next start date. (nothing spoil)
Please the electronic copies I sent weren't notarized ooo...send them like that very early Monday morning or right now so that u will get your reply tomorow before 12pm...it's the one u will post to them that should be notarized not the electronic copies..I want you to apply..send your docs please.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Aragon1: 7:42pm On Sep 25, 2016
ananaosei:

too good to be true o_o
Wowww...I just wish my country could be this good, even if it's just for a little while..Nigeria!!!..it's well
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Made123: 7:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
mryoung16:

@made123, how far? What's the plan? Canny or Estonia, for me am expecting my Gcms this week, will refire once I get it, in terms of Estonia, I go dey follow am up...no harm in trial.
Bro my head wan scatter I no lie you. this Estonia is just tempting me with its less expensive tuition fee for masters compared to that of Canada(even their pgd talk more of masters). Lol

on the other part, the lady I know refused help me out with GCMS file .
I don't want to just reapply via paper route anymore because of my passport. I intend to reapply online but now online is now have biometrics problem. bwtn the dollar is on a high side of which I still have like 9000$ tuition fee left to pay for pgd cert(can you imagine)

house please I'm sorry for derailing the thread. I forgot
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Aragon1: 7:47pm On Sep 25, 2016
[quote author=mryoung16 post=49666039]
Happy Sunday boss..I sent them a mail as regards that dollar payment stuff and am expecting a reply by morrow...will also go to my bank and make enquiries..
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Made123: 7:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
Aragon1:

Please the electronic copies I sent weren't notarized ooo...send them like that very early Monday morning or right now so that u will get your reply tomorow before 12pm...it's the one u will post to them that should be notarized not the electronic copies..I want you to apply..send your docs please.
Alright thanks for encouraging me bro. but it will be masters and I don't know If they will accept the transcript like that if I notarize and send it personally by post(just the same point you rose earlier on)
there is no error in trying. will do that tomorrow then
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mryoung16: 7:55pm On Sep 25, 2016
Aragon1:

Thanks so much for this information @mryoung16 oyaaaaa let's hit the bank tomorrow ....happy Sunday folkss

Exactly, will the there tomorrow morning.

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (399) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.