Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Lets Talk About Estonia - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk About Estonia (878529 Views)

Are There Nigerians In Estonia? / Need Information On This Three European Country Latvia,estonia & Lithuania / Estonia Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by LiveIndia: 7:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
europestudy2015:
Estonia is a small beautiful North Eastern European country. It has a population of less than 1.4m people. Its capital is in Tallinn, that borders between Russia and Finland. Though many people regard Estonia as another poor Eastern Europe country but the reverse is the case. Estonians regards themselves more as Scandinavian countries with Denmark, Sweden and Finland. They have a high living standard with low unemployment rate.

Estonia is a member of European Union, Schengen zone, and also a member of NATO(Cyber security headquarter of Nato is located in tallinn, Estonia). A very advanced country in Information Technology. One of their most popular start up is SKYPE though later sold to Facebook.

IT in Estonia
A popular IT system here is the use of ID Card. with this card, u can virtually access all Government services like Health care, transport, Business registration etc and banking and all other business. Infact, government services in Estonia runs 24 hours. As simple as it may sound, E Governance in Estonia is quite complex system. All database of information of all public and private organization are connected with a technology called X- Road. Serious countries all over the world send their citizens here for training to learn how Estonia e governance work. (Google e Estonia).

A brief scenario of how the system work as regards to police
An offender committed a crime in lets say UK and decides to come over to Estonia to settle whereas UK govt is on the look for him. If come here and enter a public bus, the system will notify the Estonia police of his current location. If he decides to use his own car, a camera that scans Plate nos detects his location because the car registration is linked to him. So crime here is extremely low because everything is connected.

Just a small correction Skype was sold to Microsoft.

Thanks for your valuable inputs smiley

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by LiveIndia: 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
simonns:

We are saying the same thing, I said admission decision is latest by June 15th. It's on their website.

Can you share the web page btw I had applied for software engg and comp science
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by bollyfolly: 8:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
I don't think they accept the result statement. You can apply first for another Bsc, if you eventually got admitted then you can change I believe before then, you would ve gotten all ur docs at hand.

Just my thought though.

jennyugochi:
hi everyone, please I need a quick answer to this question. I want to apply for Environmental Protection in Euroaacademy. can I apply with a notarized statement of result (bsc). my sch is on strike and can't collect my original bsc cert at the moment. the deadline for application is fast approaching.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 12:10am On Apr 28, 2016
jennyugochi:
hi everyone, please I need a quick answer to this question. I want to apply for Environmental Protection in Euroaacademy. can I apply with a notarized statement of result (bsc). my sch is on strike and can't collect my original bsc cert at the moment. the deadline for application is fast approaching.

U no get BSc certificate? U can use dat n statement to apply while u send a mail to dem regarding d delay u are experiencing with d original transcript. At least dey can use dat for ur pre-evaluation process to check ur eligibility. And I believe b4 dem ask u to send by post d real one suppose to don land
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 28, 2016
bollyfolly:
I don't think they accept the result statement. You can apply first for another Bsc, if you eventually got admitted then you can change I believe before then, you would ve gotten all ur docs at hand.

Just my thought though.

That's not entirely true.

I got admission into an Erasmus Joint Masters program and another admission into a German University using my notification of result. But under the condition that i provide my BSc certificate before the end of August 2016 ( Program starts Sept).

The best best would be to contact the school, explain your situation and hear their feedback. (Mine was that degree certificates are only collected after convocation which is done every 2 sessions)

cc; jennyugochi

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by omitobi: 11:28pm On Apr 28, 2016
Oh its such a long time from this graceful land....how's application going...?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by omitobi: 11:34pm On Apr 28, 2016
simonns:
Hi all, I'm happy I discovered this thread. I applied to Uni of Tartu, received a supporting letter and also applied Estonia govt scholarship. Admission decision is latest by June 15th. I discovered online that there is a lot of racism in Estonia. Notably, the attitude of Estonian towards Black-American soldiers sent by NATO to help Estonia secure its territory from Russia.
If you're in Estonia, kindly give some information about this. Cheers.

Most information about racism in Estonia is out of date. Even though black color is very unique, racism is not so popular again because it's a sensitive issue. I would enjoin you to come to Estonia and see for yourself.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by omitobi: 11:36pm On Apr 28, 2016
LiveIndia:

Can you share the web page btw I had applied for software engg and comp science

Just believe what he told you, the latest date is June 15. Note the word "latest".
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by omitobi: 11:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
tlk2Prince:
To the gurus in the house, i greet you all for your tireless effort to keep this thread updated and valid information.
I have one question/more or less a suggestion.
Have anybody considered applying for Estonian Visa in Turkey? Because i thought it's closer and could help save some money..

India...
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by omitobi: 11:43pm On Apr 28, 2016
tobzzy:
I emailed their embassy sometimes ago and it was a no.. I even tried Egypt also but I got same response

Go through India. It's hassle free
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by tobzzy(m): 8:42am On Apr 29, 2016
omitobi:

thanks boss.. I will be joining you soon

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Santi222(m): 9:16am On Apr 29, 2016
yoyolagos:

Boss! U wan apply for PhD?
Yes Sir...
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by uzhi(m): 9:04pm On Apr 29, 2016
It's actually isn't an understatement that open criticised racism has reduced, except when they get drunk. But whoever is coming should come with CLEAN HAND. There was and still a dark spot as regards the authenticity of people's credentials. Due to some people who falsify ENIC/NARIC certificate. This might cause delay in response to some applications and thorough scrutiny too.
To those who are paying tuition, you will get menial jobs, but don't aim too high as per pay. After 6months you might break even. Go work a bit will always have ur back.

4 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 30, 2016
Registered! i hope admission is still on?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by ajishomo: 10:52pm On Apr 30, 2016
Just received a mail yesterday that my application had been waitlisted.
Is there anyone in the house who had his application waitlisted before an offer of admission was made? I am really worried...
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by tobzzy(m): 11:42pm On Apr 30, 2016
ajishomo:
Is there anyone in the house who had his application waitlisted before an offer of admission was made? I am really worried...
waitlisted simply means you are qualified for the admission but the number of applicants are more than the number of students they want.. so the admission office will look for the best (25) if that's the number they are looking for among you... just hope and pray June 15 is almost here

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by sobastical: 12:19am On May 01, 2016
omitobi:

Oga boss! Salute

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 8:30am On May 01, 2016
Harbioollah:

That's not entirely true.

I got admission into an Erasmus Joint Masters program and another admission into a German University using my notification of result. But under the condition that i provide my BSc certificate before the end of August 2016 ( Program starts Sept).

The best best would be to contact the school, explain your situation and hear their feedback. (Mine was that degree certificates are only collected after convocation which is done every 2 sessions)

cc; jennyugochi

Please, can I have a word with you off Nairaland? I was happy to learn that you got an Erasmus Mundus. Could you be so kind? I wish to learn and get counsel from you. I am considering EMJM program at the next advertisment.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 8:32am On May 01, 2016
I hope admission is still on?for undergraduate studies?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 9:00am On May 01, 2016
LostCity:
I hope admission is still on?for undergraduate studies?

If na TUT or TU! Admission don close since April!
But I don't know of others but u can check www.studyinestonia.ee
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by AdeyemoSOT(m): 10:32am On May 01, 2016
uzhi:
It's actually isn't an understatement that open criticised racism has reduced, except when they get drunk. But whoever is coming should come with CLEAN HAND. There was and still a dark spot as regards the authenticity of people's credentials. Due to some people who falsify ENIC/NARIC certificate. This might cause delay in response to some applications and thorough scrutiny too.
To those who are paying tuition, you will get menial jobs, but don't aim too high as per pay. After 6months you might break even. Go work a bit will always have ur back.

What about those who applied for tuition free courses? Is there no job opportunities for them either? Thank you as I await your response.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by tobzzy(m): 10:46am On May 01, 2016
yoyolagos:

If na TUT or TU! Admission don close since April!
But I don't know of others but u can check www.studyinestonia.ee
all Institutions that are on Estonia dreampply application has closed.. but you can check euroacademy
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 01, 2016
AdeyemoSOT:

What about those who applied for tuition free courses? Is there no job opportunities for them either? Thank you as I await your response.

Email me. harbioollah at gmail dot com

I hope you understand.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by ajishomo: 7:26pm On May 01, 2016
tobzzy:
waitlisted simply means you are qualified for the admission but the number of applicants are more than the number of students they want.. so the admission office will look for the best (25) if that's the number they are looking for among you... just hope and pray June 15 is almost here
Thank you....that's exactly why I'm so worried- d dept gat only 10 slots...
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by bollyfolly: 7:49pm On May 01, 2016
Euroakaademia is still receiving application till may 20th.

tobzzy:
all Institutions that are on Estonia dreampply application has closed.. but you can check euroacademy
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by tobzzy(m): 8:48pm On May 01, 2016
bollyfolly:
Euroakaademia is still receiving application till may 20th.

euroacademy nah sure school.. how I wish they have science courses
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by phemmisky(m): 9:43pm On May 01, 2016
ajishomo:

Pls @ajishomo, what university TUT or UT ?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 9:51pm On May 01, 2016
ajishomo:

Thank you....that's exactly why I'm so worried- d dept gat only 10 slots...

Oga! even if na one slot d department! just make sure u give it your best! and hope for d best! no use worry kill urself b4 dem announce d admission outcome
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by ajishomo: 6:38am On May 02, 2016
phemmisky:

Pls @ajishomo, what university TUT or UT ?
TUT
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by ajishomo: 6:39am On May 02, 2016
yoyolagos:

Oga! even if na one slot d department! just make sure u give it your best! and hope for d best! no use worry kill urself b4 dem announce d admission outcome
smileyThanks
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by gbaby4live: 7:29am On May 02, 2016
ajishomo:

smileyThanks

Hello Ajishomo,
Sometimes, you just don't get out of wait-list by just waiting for them to select you..

Here's my #1cent...
Since you've received the notification, all you just have to do is convince the admission team a lil more that you are really interested in the admission and u gat passion for the course by sending a mouthwatering motivation letter to them through mail..
I believe that will make you stand out from all other wait-listed candidates out there and the chance of being selected will increase...

Not by sending them motivation letter every day/ week tho. Just send it to them once and you are good to go..
Trust me...

I have experienced the same issue, where I made it to the waiting-list of one Ivy-league schl.. But, I missed the scholarship and few of my friends in another country who made it to the wait-list sent them an amazing motivation letter after receiving the waiting-list notification and they actually got in...

PS: Just once o, cos the admission team will not even look at your application if you are sending them motivation letter everyday tho..

#MY1CENT
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 9:54am On May 02, 2016
gbaby4live:

Hello Ajishomo,
Sometimes, you just don't get out of wait-list by just waiting for them to select you..

Here's my #1cent...
Since you've received the notification, all you just have to do is convince the admission team a lil more that you are really interested in the admission and u gat passion for the course by sending a mouthwatering motivation letter to them through mail..
I believe that will make you stand out from all other wait-listed candidates out there and the chance of being selected will increase...

Not by sending them motivation letter every day/ week tho. Just send it to them once and you are good to go..
Trust me...

I have experienced the same issue, where I made it to the waiting-list of one Ivy-league schl.. But, I missed the scholarship and few of my friends in another country who made it to the wait-list sent them an amazing motivation letter after receiving the waiting-list notification and they actually got in...

PS: Just once o, cos the admission team will not even look at your application if you are sending them motivation letter everyday tho..

#MY1CENT

I don't know about other school oooo! But as far as TUT is concern! Once you have be given a score after your Skype interview, if u like write Oyinbo pass wole Soyinka, nothing will change ur ranking. You Chance of getting admission is function of ur overall performance in respect to other applicants. That y d school gave u opportunity to write your mouth-watering motivation letter during your application stage. Dem no wan read anything after dem don put u waiting list.

Dey won't sacrifice someone dat hv a beta rating dan u for u bcoz u write a post-application motivation letter. It is just like campaigning after election. Even if d election results hasn't been announced.

You can only pray n hope. So save ur ink

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (399) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

Viewing this topic: 3434tunde(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.