Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

»»BB Bold 7 Upgrade To Version 7.1 OS - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / »»BB Bold 7 Upgrade To Version 7.1 OS (1864 Views)

How To Manually Upgrade Android Kitkat OS To Lollipop 5.1 OS / BLACKBERRY 9720 'BOLD 7' / Here Are All The Leaked 7.1 Os For Your Blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

»»BB Bold 7 Upgrade To Version 7.1 OS by Inkredible(m): 7:28pm On Oct 29, 2014
I have a BB 9790 a.k.a bold 7 version 7.0 which I want to upgrade to version 7.1
I have already downloaded the BlackBerry Destop Manager, BBSAK and the version 7.1 file and all has been installed.
I backed up the phone with BDM (BB Desktop manager) and Third party apps with BBSAK. Now, I installed the downloaded version7.0 OS on my pc.

The problem now is that I can't find the RIM folder in C:/programs/common files/ which is supposed to contain the applauncher folder wia vendor.exe which am to delete is.
Now I tried loading the OS from BBSAK, but for Wia?

Pls who can help me out here.
Re: »»BB Bold 7 Upgrade To Version 7.1 OS by banjicom(m): 8:24pm On Oct 29, 2014
My Friend, There is Nothing like bold 7
9790 is bold 6

Why don't you use bb Desktop manager to upgrade it directly. It works
If it doesn't work just quote me and ask

Is your system a 32bit or 64bit?
Re: »»BB Bold 7 Upgrade To Version 7.1 OS by reaky(m): 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2014
I guess his pc is 64bit
Re: »»BB Bold 7 Upgrade To Version 7.1 OS by Inkredible(m): 8:40pm On Oct 29, 2014
Sorry. Its a bold 6. Its a typo. How do I check if the lappy is which bits?
Re: »»BB Bold 7 Upgrade To Version 7.1 OS by Inkredible(m): 8:44pm On Oct 29, 2014
banjicom:
My Friend, There is Nothing like bold 7
9790 is bold 6

Why don't you use bb Desktop manager to upgrade it directly. It works
If it doesn't work just quote me and ask

Is your system a 32bit or 64bit?

Using BDM to upgrade means I will have to be online ba?
Kindly explain how I can check which bit my lappy is. Thanks
Re: »»BB Bold 7 Upgrade To Version 7.1 OS by Inkredible(m): 8:45pm On Oct 29, 2014
reaky:
I guess his pc is 64bit
Why do u say so sir?
Re: »»BB Bold 7 Upgrade To Version 7.1 OS by banjicom(m): 8:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
Inkredible:

Using BDM to upgrade means I will have to be online ba?
Kindly explain how I can check which bit my lappy is. Thanks

Just right click the computer icon and click on properties you will see your computer rating and it will also show maybe ur pc is 32bit or 64bit.

BDM will works offline so far u have download and install ur phone Os on ur pc.
Re: »»BB Bold 7 Upgrade To Version 7.1 OS by Inkredible(m): 8:56pm On Oct 29, 2014
banjicom:

Just right click the computer icon and click on properties you will see your computer rating and it will also show maybe ur pc is 32bit or 64bit.

BDM will works offline so far u have download and install ur phone Os on ur pc.
How does my pc bits affect this upgrade?

I installed the OS over n over again buh my BDM can't see it. Maybe its something m doing wrong. Do you mind explaining how m to go about it with BDM?
Re: »»BB Bold 7 Upgrade To Version 7.1 OS by banjicom(m): 9:08pm On Oct 29, 2014
Inkredible:

I installed the OS over n over again buh my BDM can't see it. Maybe its something m doing wrong. Do you mind explaining how m to go about it with BDM?

Ok, you will still have 2 find a way 2 delete the vendor.xml file before you can upgrade ur phone.
The Location of the vendor.xml file is always hidden in anoder folder if you are using a 64bit pc.

That is why am asking you to tell me the version u are using so that I will tell u how to delete the file.
Re: »»BB Bold 7 Upgrade To Version 7.1 OS by banjicom(m): 9:12pm On Oct 29, 2014
Inkredible:

You can download this software, it will automatically help u locate d vendor.xml file and delete it. It is a very small software ( not even upto 1MB)

http://ubersurfer.com/files/vendeleteplus.zip
Re: »»BB Bold 7 Upgrade To Version 7.1 OS by reaky(m): 9:39pm On Oct 29, 2014
Or open my computer
Search for vendor.xml
Delete any of that file you see
Then try to use d bdm loader again
Re: »»BB Bold 7 Upgrade To Version 7.1 OS by Inkredible(m): 2:33am On Oct 30, 2014
My laptop is 64bits. I finally searched, found and deleted two vendor files from RIM in two different folders.
Re: »»BB Bold 7 Upgrade To Version 7.1 OS by Inkredible(m): 9:10am On Oct 30, 2014
Thanks Banjicom and Reaky. Its done n dusted. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: »»BB Bold 7 Upgrade To Version 7.1 OS by reaky(m): 9:42am On Oct 30, 2014
Inkredible:

Welcome bro

1 Like

Re: »»BB Bold 7 Upgrade To Version 7.1 OS by banjicom(m): 9:49am On Oct 30, 2014
Inkredible:

I hope you are now enjoying your phone cheesy
Re: »»BB Bold 7 Upgrade To Version 7.1 OS by Inkredible(m): 11:14am On Oct 30, 2014
banjicom:

I hope you are now enjoying your phone cheesy
Yep. Just swapped it with bold 4 and got some additional doe on top. Life's good.
Re: »»BB Bold 7 Upgrade To Version 7.1 OS by sirlongs(m): 12:20pm On Nov 21, 2014
How can I update my bold 6

(1) (Reply)

Check Out What A Nairalander Told Etisalat Cc(pictures) / Look What I Found On Twitter / Gionee S10 Plus Full Specification Features & Release Date,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.