Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,671 members, 7,813,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

2015: Jonathan Gets N98m donations For Nomination Form - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Jonathan Gets N98m donations For Nomination Form (1020 Views)

2015: Jonathan Will Win Across Board – PDP / AGRIFEST 2015: Jonathan Okays N26 Billion For 2015 Dry Season Farming (Photos) / PDP Targets N500m Online Donations For Jonathan’s Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Jonathan Gets N98m donations For Nomination Form by dmostcheerful(f): 12:08am On Oct 30, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan has received a total
donations and pledges of N98.165 million from
some Nigerians and communities towards
assisting him purchase the Peoples Democratic
Party (PDP) Presidential nomination form which
costs N22 million.
This was disclosed by the Special Adviser on
Media and Publicity to the President, Dr. Reuben
Abati, while briefing State House correspondents in
Abuja.
According to him, arrangements have been
concluded for the President to buy his nomination
form on Thursday.
Abati said: “President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
will tomorrow, Thursday, October 30 pick up the
PDP nomination form for the 2015 Presidential
elections.
“President Jonathan thanks all Nigerians, members
of the PDP, friends, associates, and all groups who
in sincere appreciation of the achievements of the
administration in the last four years, have been
urging him to seek a second term in office.
“President Jonathan is greatly encouraged by the
overwhelming outpouring of goodwill and support,
as well as the confidence of the generality of
Nigerians in his ability to continue to transform the
country for the good of all of its people.
“The President is also grateful to all the persons,
groups and communities who have sent donations,
and made pledges to assist him to pay the
required N22 million for the PDP presidential
nomination fee and expression of interest form.”
The President assured the donors that he will
continue to do his utmost best at all times to fully
justify the great confidence they have placed in his
leadership.
Abati listed the donations and pledges to include:
Mr. Kennedy Ikenna Odoeme – N5, 000, Mr.
Ezemagu Sunday Nnamdi – N10, 000, PDP
Governors – N22million, Transformation Agenda of
Nigeria (TAN) – N22m, Ogbia LGA Stakeholders,
Bayelsa State – N5million, Otuoke Community
Stakeholders – N2million, Brass LGA Stakeholders,
Bayelsa state – N50, 000, Bayelsa State PDP
Stakeholders- N5million, Northern Youths’ Forum
– N2million, Central Market Traders Union, Kaduna
State – N1million, PDP Stakeholders, Zaria LGA –
N500, 000 and PDP Stakeholders, Yobe State –
N500, 000″
Others are – PDP Stakeholders, Kaduna State-
N2million, Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore – N5million,
The Goodluck Support Group, Gombe State –
N1million, Adamawa State PDP Stakeholders –
N3million, Ebonyi State PDP Stakeholders-
N2million, Kogi State PDP Stakeholders –
N5million, Rivers State PDP Stakeholders –
N5million, The 2015 Project – N1million, Team
Goodluck, Ondo North Senatorial District –
N5million, Middle Belt PDP Women Support Group
for GEJ 2015 – N500, 000, King David Generation
Foundation, Jos – N200, 000, Behwong Weneng
Yere Duk, Jos – N200,000, Redemption 3 Youth
Organization, Plateau State – N500, 000, Plateau
State Indigenes Association, Abuja – N300,000,
Gombe Youth United for Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
2015 – N500, 000, Gombe Youth Vanguard for
PDP- N500, 000, Yamahu/Deba Goodluck Support
Group – N200, 000, Coalition of Gombe Support
Groups for Goodluck Ebele Jonathan – N2million,
Hinna Youth Coalition for Goodluck – N500, 000,
Nigerian Women Pray for Jonathan – N1million,
National Association of Widows – N100, 000,
National Council of Women Societies – N500, 000,
Female members of the PDP Board of Trustees –
N500,000, Joint Association of Persons with
Disabilities – N100,000, National Association of
Market Women – N500, 000, Community
Awareness and Development Network – N1million.
from
thenationonlineng.net/new/2015-jonathan-gets-n98-165m-donations-for-nomination-form/
Re: 2015: Jonathan Gets N98m donations For Nomination Form by Anoruo(m): 12:16am On Oct 30, 2014
Can't read all this now
Re: 2015: Jonathan Gets N98m donations For Nomination Form by dmostcheerful(f): 12:34am On Oct 30, 2014
you don't have to read it all, just know that our president is good to go come 2015.
grin grin grin
Re: 2015: Jonathan Gets N98m donations For Nomination Form by denkingy(m): 1:21am On Oct 30, 2014
SEE HOW AMAECHI FINISHED JONATHAN
GOVERNOR AMEACHI TO NIGER DELTA PEOPLE >
>
He (Goodluck Jonathan) says he is your brother
and
the
"Hausaman" is your enemy.
Who built PH refinery? Tafawa Balewa.
Who built Eleme Petrochemicals in PH?
IBB and Abacha.
Who built Warri refinery? Shagari.
Who built Bonny LNG? IBB.
Who established Niger Delta Ministry? Yar'adua.
What has he (Jonathan) done for you? The crowd
answered "Nothing". Tell me one original project
"Nothing". No, tell me even half.

After he finished saying that, I laughed in Swahili & I asked " who is the best president that has ruled Nigeria", yet the answer was "JONATHAN".
GEJ till 2019.....
grin grin grin grin .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015: Jonathan Gets N98m donations For Nomination Form by internetpo(m): 2:12am On Oct 30, 2014
Wow! Its good they are declaring funds meant for elections. we now following the style of world politics esp. how its been done in the US.

Before people come to start condemning, its usual for individuals and organisations to donate to political campaigns. Doesn't mean they will or should get something in return if the individual finally wins the election. Its left on the elected official to use his discretion in doling out favours, political appointments or policies to favour the groups.

A step i the right direction I must say. All parties should declare their sources of funds for political campaigns and there should be a maximum cap to their spending.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan Gets N98m donations For Nomination Form by denkingy(m): 2:42am On Oct 30, 2014
internetpo:
Wow! Its good they are declaring funds meant for elections. we now following the style of world politics esp. how its been done in the US.

Before people come to start condemning, its usual for individuals and organisations to donate to political campaigns. Doesn't mean they will or should get something in return if the individual finally wins the election. Its left on the elected official to use his discretion in doling out favours, political appointments or policies to favour the groups.

A step i the right direction I must say. All parties should declare their sources of funds for political campaigns and there should be a maximum cap to their spending.

on point.
I think its on point for aspirants to publicize such matters for public to take note for future critics or analysis after voting. in a case were GEJ got a larger donation to GMB it won't be far fetched for people to understand if he happens to win the election.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Gets N98m donations For Nomination Form by lonelydora: 3:04am On Oct 30, 2014
Nigerians sowing their seeds and hoping to reap it in 10 folds. Put in another way, Nigerians casting their bread upon the waters, which they will find after many days in 10 folds.

Not a bad idea to donate for campaign but I am sure my fellow Nigerians are donating because they know they will reap it in folds.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Gets N98m donations For Nomination Form by dmostcheerful(f): 3:38am On Oct 30, 2014
lonelydora:
Nigerians sowing their seeds and hoping to reap it in 10 folds. Put in another way, Nigerians casting their bread upon the waters, which they will find after many days in 10 folds.

Not a bad idea to donate for campaign but I am sure my fellow Nigerians are donating because they know they will reap it in folds.

on a virtual sense yes you have a point, but on a normal sense its not acceptable, its not like GEJ don't have ten folds of the money for the form but all this are for the public to know that he has backings and suporters. on another note don't forget that this claims might as well be lies but to back himself up against his opponents.
Buhari started it anyway, when he said his bank loaned him part of the money for his form and the public completed, forgetting that GEJ can always state his own and being a wise man he(GEJ) needed 22million for the form he said the public donation is 98million which exceeded d forms money and I hope he will state latter that the lot will be for campaign.
so virtually the election is on and GEJ is winning because his donation from the public is higher.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Gets N98m donations For Nomination Form by amjou: 5:20am On Oct 30, 2014
dmostcheerful:

on a virtual sense yes you have a point, but on a normal sense its not acceptable, its not like GEJ don't have ten folds of the money for the form but all this are for the public to know that he has backings and suporters. on another note don't forget that this claims might as well be lies but to back himself up against his opponents.
Buhari started it anyway, when he said his bank loaned him part of the money for his form and the public completed, forgetting that GEJ can always state his own and being a wise man he(GEJ) needed 22million for the form he said the public donation is 98million which exceeded d forms money and I hope he will state latter that the lot will be for campaign.
so virtually the election is on and GEJ is winning because his donation from the public is higher.
Good one.
GEJ 2019
Re: 2015: Jonathan Gets N98m donations For Nomination Form by macpetrus(m): 5:29am On Oct 30, 2014
Wow... GEJ till 20......

National Association of Nairaland donated e-Warriors.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Gets N98m donations For Nomination Form by Emulti(m): 5:30am On Oct 30, 2014
OK
Re: 2015: Jonathan Gets N98m donations For Nomination Form by denkingy(m): 6:08am On Oct 30, 2014
dmostcheerful:

OMG
GEJ till 2019...... grin grin
Re: 2015: Jonathan Gets N98m donations For Nomination Form by rhymaster: 9:47am On Sep 16, 2016
dmostcheerful:

The retardeenic GEJ was a slimy corrupt fellow and this was one of the attempts in which he knew you and your people will lap it up - thank goodness he failed!! So how market na? Which 4X support did he get or is it not money stolen from Nigerians that is being laundered here to look like he got some phantom N 98 M donations? Chai, people are so gullible! Now the Patience shepopo is fighting to keep $15 M or > N 6 B and you think 98 M meant anything to them? The economy will bounced back and hopefully corruption is drastically reduced in that country! All the GEJ 2019 nonsense are disappointed!
Re: 2015: Jonathan Gets N98m donations For Nomination Form by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:08am On Sep 16, 2016
denkingy:
SEE HOW AMAECHI FINISHED JONATHAN
GOVERNOR AMEACHI TO NIGER DELTA PEOPLE >
>
He (Goodluck Jonathan) says he is your brother
and
the
"Hausaman" is your enemy.
Who built PH refinery? Tafawa Balewa.
Who built Eleme Petrochemicals in PH?
IBB and Abacha.
Who built Warri refinery? Shagari.
Who built Bonny LNG? IBB.
Who established Niger Delta Ministry? Yar'adua.
What has he (Jonathan) done for you? The crowd
answered "Nothing". Tell me one original project
"Nothing". No, tell me even half.

After he finished saying that, I laughed in Swahili & I asked " who is the best president that has ruled Nigeria", yet the answer was "JONATHAN".
GEJ till 2019.....
grin grin grin grin .

Epic threads like this should be ressurected

(1) (Reply)

Cramjones: Where Is Your Conscience? / We Have Forgiven Buhari, You Should Also Do That. / Ghanaian Professor Blasts Goodluck Jonathan, Says: “this Guy Is A Joke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.