Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode (70676 Views)

Buhari Town Hall Meeting In US Turns Into An Embarrassment / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Ovamboland(m): 10:35am On Nov 01, 2014
sunnyshayne:
The said Prof is more of an embarrassment to mankind. With his level of education he still stooped low to insult a constituted authority!

If he was looking for prominence he has just proved himself to be a mad man.

Throwing jibes at authority has suddenly become a crime with these TANoids and misguided youths. You think the military guys were chased out of power by the indefatigable Gani's, Falana's, Chima Ubani's, Agbakoba's and many other activist with nice words and 'rankadede'. It was okay to call them names then and your types did not crawl out of your hellhole to stop these activist then. Now that your 'bloda' is in power it becomes anathema to call him whatever names suites the citizens fancy.

For your information Jonathan is not my father or principal, he is an employee of all Nigerians. We did't go on the streets during the military era to have our freedom of speech censored or emasculated by anyone's whims or bloated ego.

And you think in your small minds that the hard won democracy was all about taking away our rights to express ourselves freely about our leaders performance? If Jonathan can't take the heat he should get out of kitchen and he feels slandered or libeled the courts are there as the arbiter not the self-help of an imperial king as you conceive in your small mind.

Jonathan i believe, is not clueless enough like his deluded supporters to attempt anything against the Professor for what he said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by agamenon(m): 10:45am On Nov 01, 2014
Bim pole.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by HENROSHUN(m): 11:06am On Nov 01, 2014
JayKaba:
PhD degree is not a certification of intelligence. It only takes the knowledge of an aspect of a singular discipline to obtain a PhD. A PhD holder in Sociology for example would definitely not know how to solve the least Calculus problem. GEJ does not have a PhD in management or "governance" so his PhD degree should not be a subject of reference when trying to castigate his style of leadership.
U jus said it all!
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 01, 2014
Ovamboland:

Throwing jibes at authority has suddenly become a crime with these TANoids and misguided youths. You think the military guys were chased out of power by the indefatigable Gani's, Falana's, Chima Ubani's, Agbakoba's and many other activist with nice words and 'rankadede'. It was okay to call them names then and your types did not crawl out of your hellhole to stop these activist then. Now that your 'bloda' is in power it becomes anathema to call him whatever names suites the citizens fancy.

For your information Jonathan is not my father or principal, he is an employee of all Nigerians. We did't go on the streets during the military era to have our freedom of speech censored or emasculated by anyone's whims or bloated ego.

And you think in your small minds that the hard won democracy was all about taking away our rights to express ourselves freely about our leaders performance? If Jonathan can't take the heat he should get out of kitchen and he feels slandered or libeled the courts are there as the arbiter not the self-help of an imperial king as you conceive in your small mind.

Jonathan i believe, is not clueless enough like his deluded supporters to attempt anything against the Professor for what he said.

See another Akuya talking
GO and DIE
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by tolustx(m): 1:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
Omimah:

Akin Oyebode is a fulfilled man, having attained the highest level, professorship, in his career as an academic.
Just wen I tot to unfollow d topic, I stumbled on this. That is sooooo dumb. So his professorship is what makes him fulfilled? That shudnt be coming out of a person who studied in d university but if u attended anoda tertiary inst, then I understand. But if u attended or u r a student of a university and u still uttered dis, then shame on u. It means u dnt ve a path 4 ur life yet. U nid Jesus!
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by tolustx(m): 1:40pm On Nov 01, 2014
Ovamboland:

Ur statements are not even coherent. What exactly is ur point? Why not type in ur native language if u are not sure of hw to express ursef
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by peedeeasobie(m): 1:49pm On Nov 01, 2014
Ilekokonit:
Jonathan is an Embarrassment to Ph.D Holders - Unilag Professor of Int Law

Start watching at 1min 29secs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWbHLgiieeE?t=1m29s

This is the statement of a core ignoramus!
Prof. Go and be the President of the most populous black nation in the world let us see!

Men that have never contributed anything to the nation except criticism.

Talkative!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by tolustx(m): 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2014
abeylevels:

What the professor is saying is that, a well Educated person does not run the affairs of this country the way he does
Which organization or grp has d professor headed b4 dat he opened his stinking mouth talk nonsense. I believe if he bcoms a vc alone, he'llmisbehave soooo much. Rubbish!!!

For those of you saying GEJ is Good, let me ask you?

How is electricity in your area? Your Road? Hospital? Job? Security?

Some of we youths will say the problem had been there before GEJ came to power.

Well, he knew there were there and promised to solve them if we vote for him 4 years ago.

Has he solved them?

Can he do EVERYTHING in four years? D problems his ancestors ve been creating since long b4 1960, u want him to solve in four years. Pls be reasonable. And can u boldly say dat he has done NOTHING? Not that anyone lyks d situation of d nation but we can't blame it ALL on one man! If d president has failed, then citizens ve all failed but if we all stick 2geda, working for a better nation, we wil get dr! Shalom
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Omimah: 2:33pm On Nov 01, 2014
tolustx:
Just wen I tot to unfollow d topic, I stumbled on this. That is sooooo dumb. So his professorship is what makes him fulfilled? That shudnt be coming out of a person who studied in d university but if u attended anoda tertiary inst, then I understand. But if u attended or u r a student of a university and u still uttered dis, then shame on u. It means u dnt ve a path 4 ur life yet. U nid Jesus!
Could you point out what is wrong with the word?
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Omimah: 2:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
tolustx:

Which organization or grp has d professor headed b4 dat he opened his stinking mouth talk nonsense. I believe if he bcoms a vc alone, he'llmisbehave soooo much. Rubbish!!!

Can he do EVERYTHING in four years? D problems his ancestors ve been creating since long b4 1960, u want him to solve in four years. Pls be reasonable. And can u boldly say dat he has done NOTHING? Not that anyone lyks d situation of d nation but we can't blame it ALL on one man! If d president has failed, then citizens ve all failed but if we all stick 2geda, working for a better nation, we wil get dr! Shalom
No. Tell me what he has achieved in 4 years.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by tolustx(m): 2:40pm On Nov 01, 2014
Omimah:

Could you point out what is wrong with the word?
I tot u were gonna tell us oda interesting things d professor has achieved and remarkable things he has invented or theories he has propagated to benefit people but No. U jst said being a professor makes him fulfiled. What u mean by dat is dat All professors are fulfiled humans beings because they've gotten 2 d peak of dr careers. U beta go arnd esp to some states in d south West, and see many hungry, ill-mannered and coward professors

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Omimah: 2:47pm On Nov 01, 2014
tolustx:
I tot u were gonna tell us oda interesting things d professor has achieved and remarkable things he has invented or theories he has propagated to benefit people but No. U jst said being a professor makes him fulfiled. What u mean by dat is dat All professors are fulfiled humans beings because they've gotten 2 d peak of dr careers. U beta go arnd esp to some states in d south West, and see many hungry, ill-mannered and coward professors
You're confused.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by tolustx(m): 2:49pm On Nov 01, 2014
Omimah:

You're confused.
If that's all u can say, then I smh 4u. Let ppl jusge who exactly is confused.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by dharamanil(m): 7:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
Lanister:

Your ignorance is chronic and malignant. Only a chronic and malignant deliverance can deliver that. Just to know that you are less of an ambitious person. I am certain youve never been to school or a drop out.

Ph.D sociology can be diversified. In fact, you can have phd sociology in public governance, health, crime, guns, environement, in economics, in mathematics, in any course.

If you have a Phd in Sociology of Health and have a Masters in Public health, you can work in health institutions and earn more pay. You can be a political sociologist. Anything in sociology. So what are u saying?

Back to the Topic: We have Ph.D with pedigree and Ph.D just for fun. Jonathan had the Ph.D for fun and not for continuous research purpose. And in fact, what is re-searchable in the zoo. Are we animals?

Nigeria needs Ph.D holders in sociology with specialization in public governance, public policies, politics, environment, industry, economics and health. Not Ph.D in animals.

Some leaders are born while some are trained.... politics is of every man but leadership is for few. PhD in all the aforementioned does not guaranty good leadership.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Ovamboland(m): 10:53pm On Nov 01, 2014
tolustx:
Ur statements are not even coherent. What exactly is ur point? Why not type in ur native language if u are not sure of hw to express ursef

products of second hand education can never read and understand
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Tattooboy: 11:01pm On Nov 01, 2014
i'm more intelligent than this so called professor cuz i can neva insult the president of a Nation.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by ayindejimmy(m): 11:06pm On Nov 01, 2014
Lanister:

Your ignorance is chronic and malignant. Only a chronic and malignant deliverance can deliver that. Just to know that you are less of an ambitious person. I am certain youve never been to school or a drop out.

Ph.D sociology can be diversified. In fact, you can have phd sociology in public governance, health, crime, guns, environement, in economics, in mathematics, in any course.

If you have a Phd in Sociology of Health and have a Masters in Public health, you can work in health institutions and earn more pay. You can be a political sociologist. Anything in sociology. So what are u saying?

Back to the Topic: We have Ph.D with pedigree and Ph.D just for fun. Jonathan had the Ph.D for fun and not for continuous research purpose. And in fact, what is re-searchable in the zoo. Are we animals?

Nigeria needs Ph.D holders in sociology with specialization in public governance, public policies, politics, environment, industry, economics and health. Not Ph.D in animals.
i wuld av 'liked' ur comment, but 4 d insults. Highly unwarranted.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 02, 2014
JayKaba:
PhD degree is not a certification of intelligence. It only takes the knowledge of an aspect of a singular discipline to obtain a PhD. A PhD holder in Sociology for example would definitely not know how to solve the least Calculus problem. GEJ does not have a PhD in management or "governance" so his PhD degree should not be a subject of reference when trying to castigate his style of leadership.
you lied ... PhD implies Doctor of Philosophy in a particular branch of knowledge and also gives the ability to be able to deduce philosophically whether some patterns are conforming to positivity or negativity ....

A PhD holder is equipped to relate with anything also an expert in his own field !!
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by wiloy2k8(m): 2:26am On Nov 02, 2014
eye4eye:
Jonathan has been an embarrassment to Nigeria and Nigerians at large. How can this guy have Ph.D and still does things the way he rules Nigeria? Jonathan embarrasses this country anywhere he goes. Jonathan and PDP are like cancer that we have no choice but to kill that cancer wherever it is found. So this committee convening President must be chased out of power on February 14 at all cost.

Jonathan Must Go!

PDP must be killed and buried!

now u make me believe ur ACN .
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by wiloy2k8(m): 2:29am On Nov 02, 2014
Ilekokonit:
Jonathan is an Embarrassment to Ph.D Holders - Unilag Professor of Int Law

Start watching at 1min 29secs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWbHLgiieeE?t=1m29s

Reading this , makes me feel the professor is brain sick . trying to support a different party . and we Nigerians still vote for money .
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by hansad: 2:58am On Nov 02, 2014
Ovamboland:

Freedom of expression in any society has responsibilities attached to it. The foolish ones who engaged in insulting - instead of criticizing - those military leaders of yesteryears paid severe prizes; but the brilliant citizens of G34, NADECO, etc, forced the military to leave governance in Nigeria. Teacher, pls do not teach us falsehood. Oyebode belongs to the group that engaged in insulting leaders, instead of criticizing leaders.
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by lastpage: 9:39am On Nov 02, 2014
JayKaba:

I thought it took at least twenty years of class room education (minimum), to obtain a PhD?
If in that amount of time, you still cant muster some "intelligence" ...... even in "human and resource management' that a bus driver or food kiosk operator displays at random, then something is definitely wrong with that sort of education.

But then, reading your post, l am sure you are one of the products of "GEJ Educational system".!

Like Lecturer, like student!
wink wink

Lastpage!
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 02, 2014
ayindejimmy:
i wuld av 'liked' ur comment, but 4 d insults. Highly unwarranted.

Really?
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
EldaTimba:

1. Education: I guess you know the number of universities, polytechnics GEJ built. The alimajaris schools and the improvement in the last NECO SSCE are failure?
2. Unemployment: Are you jobless? If your answer is NO, then that is striked out.
3. You have forgotten our giant strides in Ebola, polio vaccinations so quickly.
4. Infrastructure: Benin-Ore road, ongoing Lagos/Ibadan road, railways are among failure?
5.Corruption: we say he is corrupt, kindly point out "how" with proof. If I say Buhari is corrupt based on rumours, will you accept that?
6. Impunity: GEJ would have jailed this prof Oyebode, Lai Mohammed then
7.Increase in poverty: Yet phone manufacturers flood this country with various android phones. Are the phones free? Increase in poverty also means browsing easily I guess. If I may ask, have you eaten Today? If yes, then there is "NO POVERTY"
8. Homelessness: I guess people are no longer building houses. What of FG's housing scheme.
9.Security: Can you sleep in your home? Do you have to fidget to go to your working place? If your answers are "NO", then you are secure.

Interesting!

I think you should mention more so that I can enlighten you on GEJ's style of leadership
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by gr8femfred: 11:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
Only a fool w not knw dis i wonder ppl support GEJ.d man don't have plan 4 nigeria and his ppl knw dis.. To me is wast dan Gen s. Abacha..
manutdadex:
wtf is dis man Well its not ur fault jst thank ur star dat we re in a civilian dispensation. Una go jst dey abuse Gej as una like forgetting he is ur head. God bless Nigeria. God bless Gej and God bless whoeva bcomes our next presido!!!
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by manutdadex(m): 7:08am On Nov 03, 2014
gr8femfred:
Only a fool w not knw dis i wonder ppl support GEJ.d man don't have plan 4 nigeria and his ppl knw dis.. To me is wast dan Gen s. Abacha..
he has no plan for Nigeria?? Am not defendin him but no president as faced half of wat he is facing! If u are so botherd abt d opposition, y avnt they talk of cuttin recurin expid and reducing d cost of governance? Pdp or apc are d same...Buhari is nt jst it for dis country!! So respect whoeva is there!
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by manutdadex(m): 4:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ovamboland:

Typical black man thinking of self before community, a flawed philosophy that has ensured we are the most backward of all races in the world.
It is not just hoping the stupid policies of the cluless one will favour me but about the good of the greatest majority.

I never knew you will want to keep the tumor and your head intact and lose your life.
its nt black man...am sure if u re d minister for one tin, nobody go hear ur voice or complaint! I think d broke, unemployed, aw many billionaire u see wey dey complain!
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by musiwa95: 10:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
Even While Professor Oyebode is a respective Professor. I Dont think , He should be teaching anymore. From listening to this video. He looks like Professor Oyebode is not well uneducated. I believe university of lagos may stripe Professor Oyebode off his PHD.

Why do I say so, You see Professor Oyebode claim to have a PHD. And if Professor Oyebode claim he had a PHD in international law. Then I am sorry for all his student.

The University of Lagos should be ashamed for some of this things Professor Oyebode said. I am not a supporter of Goodluck Jonathan and Have never been a supporter of Goodluck Jonathan. I have been a fair judge.

But I believe a Professor of International law should speak base on international law.. Professor Oyebode is a typical example of what is wrong with Nigeria university system. He should upgrade his skill and knowledge of international law.

Can you see this document. Professor Oyebode does not have to address Goodluck Jonathan. Professor Oyebode has to address me. Musiwa

Goodluck Jonathan have no business replying him. Nigeria is scamming Western Nigeria. Goodluck Jonathan knows about the scam.

If you take for example the execution of Mohammed Buhari, it was inlaw with international law because Mohammed Buhari have no business campaigning in the Independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria. While Professor Oyebode have no business addressing Goodluck Jonathan.

Mohammed Buhari or anyone who is from Nigeria who campaign in Western Nigeria is expected to be executed by the army because you are violated the human right of the people of Western Nigeria.

Clearly Professor Oyebode does not know what a trade treaty means. And he has no business teaching anyone. Or age have got over him.

It is because we have Professor like Professor Oyebode who do not know much. That why we are in this mess. With no disrespect to him.

I get the impression that Goodluck Jonathan knows more about international law than Professor Oyebode, who claim he read international law. something seem to be wrong here.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by stanislaus67(m): 6:34am On Nov 13, 2014
dmozart:
Did they make the govt ungovernable by stealing $20Bn?
Do u have any proof to that effect? Is that not enough for his impeachment? Guess what? Those on Abuja knows the true. But intelligent you know not
Re: Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode by stanislaus67(m): 6:36am On Nov 13, 2014
dmozart:
Did they make the govt ungovernable by stealing $20Bn?
Do u have any proof to that? Is that not enough for his impeachment? Guess what? Those in Abuja know better. But unintelligent you know not!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

RATTAWU Receives Palliatives From Enugu Government / The first Oil Field In Northern Nigeria (Photos) / Buhari Leads As INEC Commences Announcement Of Results In Kano - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.