Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,810 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency (13760 Views)

Nigeria GDP Confirms What Central Bank Denies: Naira Hurts / Football Betting System That Guarantees No Loss Of Bet Capital And Steady Profit / MTN Makes $6.7bn In Six Months With A 21.5% Rise In Nig, 7% Loss In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Liability(m): 6:44pm On Oct 31, 2014
g
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by hazyfm: 6:44pm On Oct 31, 2014
erico2k2:

Our currency actually gained against the Dollar and Pounds, it gained 12naira against the Pound

Losing value in local market
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nonybb: 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2014
We Nigerians have collectively shamed APC and their candidate's antics to make GEJ's administration ungovernable I rather suffer under GEJ's PDP Government than rejoice with APC Government. GEJ TILL 2019

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
eunisam:
alright. I hear. My point is the rise of GDP should reflect the core value of development. Which are 1.SUSTAINANCE: The ability to meet basic needs. 2.SELF ESTEEM:To be a person 3.FREEDOM FROM SERVITUDE:to be able to choose. Well just the way you said,it is slow.may be with time it will be rapid.

Stop arguing for argument's sake. Drink a cup of common-sense. Will you rather be happy if the news was that our Economy is in decline ? Where lie your loyalty ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by ideology(m): 6:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
post=27615922:
Ok....But when are you bringing our girls back?

Kikikikikikiki but This question should also be directed to those that arranged for their kidnap. When will they arrange for their release.

There is more to Chibok girls than what we read on papers.

If you get to Bornu, you may hear full story. As we speak some army men have been arrested in line with this kidnap.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Greatpooss(m): 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2014
Nigeria politicians should stop fooling us with GDP stability despite unemployment and poverty in the whole country. God dey!
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:03pm On Oct 31, 2014
Loke loke ni kamalo. (in sean tizzle voice)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by condralbede(m): 7:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
post=27615922:
Ok....But when are you bringing our girls back?
Why don't u go and find una girls....abi u hear say d girls dey nairaland forumdon't u knw how ur colleague go abt it.anyway ask oby ezekwezili.grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
Well terrorism in this countr has affected a region that contributes little to the economy. That said...we need to eradicate terrorism because it tarnishes the country's image and scares away potential investors.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
Okonjo Iweala has spewed hers now this.

This info is totally useless if nothing is done to improve the standard of living in this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Scout60(m): 7:14pm On Oct 31, 2014
QMark:
Nigeria's hunger, killings and kidnapping on steady rise in spite of GDP growth.

so u expect govt to give all the citizen jobs. O boy wake, find some business doing and contribute to our gpd. Even stats in usa shows that private investors contributes 70% of their annual gpd.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
m0r0ns. GDP rising!?.. Oil exports accounts for more than 90% of Nigeria's GDP so what the heck are you talking about.. What happens when Oil prices drop.. Nigeria's economy is doomed. Oil Revenues drive National Budget not Agriculture or Automobile Industry, definitely not TECHNO phantom phones our jobless youths scramble for. Oil revenues hit the Federal Level directly and are disbursed from that point. this is why there is no trickle-down effect.. no development. you think all the dangotes alakijas otedolas IBBs will care about you.. they care about their profit and will never invest in your development

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Osakah24(m): 7:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
This GDP wey no fit reduce garri price no be better one opportunity.Okonjo I hope no be online GDP?
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Scout60(m): 7:17pm On Oct 31, 2014
Greatpooss:
Nigeria politicians should stop fooling us with GDP stability despite unemployment and poverty in the whole country. God dey!

so u expect govt to give all the citizen jobs. O boy wake, find some business doing and contribute to our gpd. Even stats in usa shows that private investors contributes 70% of their annual gpd and contributes 75% of their employment
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 31, 2014
Na waoo .... hunger rises with this GDP ... It should be the reverse.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by naijatruth: 7:25pm On Oct 31, 2014
o2k:
True. The only reason why the GDP is still growing is because the insurgency is in the north- east, where they contribute very little to the nation economy. We all can still remember how the economy fared when there was unrest in the south-south.
. You are right, North contributes nothing to Nigerian economy that is why GDP is growing despite their Boko Haram madness, whenever there is unrest in Niger Delta area, GDP will flat.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2014
Scout60:

so u expect govt to give all the citizen jobs. O boy wake, find some business doing and contribute to our gpd. Even stats in usa shows that private investors contributes 70% of their annual gpd.
is that how they just start business ... will the banks grant him facilities if he request for loans , if they do ... whats the interest rate . in the usa you mentioned you can get facilities to support you ... pls there are some comparism we should not make.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by samento: 7:32pm On Oct 31, 2014
Icon4s:

My friend with a 7.4% rise in GDP annually u dnt expect a massive Improvement in those areas you mentioned.
Although paid jobs are getting more difficult to come by these days but people are now getting self employed, going into acting and entertainment and this also accounts for the rise in GDP. Remember the article says Nigeria is now second largest in d entertainment industry.
So everybody must be musicians before we live a better life. Ha! Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2014
Icon4s:

My friend with a 7.4% rise in GDP annually u dnt expect a massive Improvement in those areas you mentioned.
Although paid jobs are getting more difficult to come by these days but people are now getting self employed, going into acting and entertainment and this also accounts for the rise in GDP. Remember the article says Nigeria is now second largest in d entertainment industry.
entertainment you say , should that be a trend for a country wth no technological development. if all the youths go into acting ... what becomes of the country tomorrow.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by ayukdaboss(m): 7:36pm On Oct 31, 2014
Billyonaire:

Stop arguing for argument's sake. Drink a cup of common-sense. Will you rather be happy if the news was that our Economy is in decline ? Where lie your loyalty ?
What Loyalty are you talking about? Is it today we started hearing about rise in GDP? What major difference has been noticed? Although we can't change the status quo with our comments but some people refuse to type "Wow..Fresh Air..GEJ Till 2078". Let the gullible Nigerians do that.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by micolaj: 7:37pm On Oct 31, 2014
Scout60:

so u expect govt to give all the citizen jobs. O boy wake, find some business doing and contribute to our gpd. Even stats in usa shows that private investors contributes 70% of their annual gpd and contributes 75% of their employment
USA practises CAPITALISM.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by samento: 7:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
kendrick93:
Jona is d man.. whether by hook or crook he will/must be d president cum 2015... Gej till 2019, #teambringbackjona#
Hmmm. Jonathan, learn a lesson from Burkina faso.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
samento:
So everybody must be musicians before we live a better life. Ha! Na wa o!
little wonder when you check on the rap battle thread you find secondary school students and undergraduates ... and you begin to wonder.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by samento: 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2014
lilprinze:
Weather APC(Anti progressive change) or BH like it or not GEJ till 2019.
your name spoke it all ill prince. You are really sick.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by ayukdaboss(m): 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
is that how they just start business ... will the banks grant him facilities if he request for loans , if they do ... whats the interest rate . in the usa you mentioned you can get facilities to support you ... pls there are some comparism we should not make.
Don't mind that guy. How can you compare USA with Nigeria in terms of starting off a private business? Most businesses in Nigeria run at serious loss due to the fact they have to provide electricity for themselves which is the total opposite in USA.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by ayukdaboss(m): 7:41pm On Oct 31, 2014
samento:
your name spoke it all ill prince. You are really sick.
Very Sick for that matter
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by ayukdaboss(m): 7:43pm On Oct 31, 2014
Scout60:

[s] so u expect govt to give all the citizen jobs. O boy wake, find some business doing and contribute to our gpd. Even stats in usa shows that private investors contributes 70% of their annual gpd and contributes 75% of their employment [/s]
The only way we can move this country forward is by saying things how they are instead of being blinded by political bigotry.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by ademega(m): 7:52pm On Oct 31, 2014
This what am saying GEJ is trying . Imaging
This will make my article a complete one now ... Make i add am .

He has giving us at least 20 hour constant and stable electricity in all parts of the country (if only for this achievement self, he has done well, there is need for more shout of GEJ till 2019 by all and sundry), schools are doing fine , no strike ,the standard can compete not only in Africa but Europe and America , students are now trooping in from all over Africa to get standard education, the standard of living is too much oky , can't u see? people are not traveling out again . Go and see the arrival arena/terminal at the airport people are rushing down in millions to be partaker of the nations goodies and national cake. See our roads very smooth, most especially the roads in the east . See our security , u can move to anywhere anytime of the day without fear . Nite culture is now back to our country .unemployment is a thing of the past , we are thinking of how to start giving visa to Ghanaians and other African countries to come help us with our dirty and menial jobs in our factories. Water is everywhere , we are even missing pure water and bottle water. See how corruption has gone away in virtually in all sectors, see the faces of corrupt leaders in prison. Gone are the days we import our own exported crude oil. In fact ,u can see how much we get a liter compare to four years ago. See the diversification of our economy,no more dependency on our oil. Our hospitals are now receiving rich patients on like before when our leaders and big men get treatment and die in foreign hospitals. This man has done magic , he must be from another planet . Pls u can add to these numerous achievements of our president. MR PRESIDENT KEEP DOING IT! We want more of these . GEJ till 2019 .
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
ayukdaboss:

What Loyalty are you talking about? Is it today we started hearing about rise in GDP? What major difference has been noticed? Although we can't change the status quo with our comments but some people refuse to type "Wow..Fresh Air..GEJ Till 2078". Let the gullible Nigerians do that.
Whats the definition of Gullible ? My life and those of hardworking people around me has changed immensely, you might want to reset your mental processes to default mode and start thinking like ecumenical human instead of pessimistic c*u*n*t.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by SmellOfSecondMonkey(f): 7:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
I need a cool guy who has a big and long diick to be my 2nd boyfriend. I love sex and one man can't please me. If you are capable you know what to do smiley
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
irunobo2:
I need a cool guy who has a big and long diick to be my 2nd boyfriend. I love sex and one man can't please me. If you are capable you know what to do smiley
Just long and big diick ? What of big purse and abysmal pocket ? Ole.
Re: Nigeria’s GDP On Steady Rise In Spite Of Insurgency by ayukdaboss(m): 7:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
Billyonaire:
Whats the definition of Gullible ? My life and those of hardworking people around me has changed immensely, you might want to reset your mental processes to default mode and start thinking like ecumenical human instead of pessimistic cunt.
Kudos to your immensely changed life. Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Divestment: Shell Sells 4 Oil Fields In Nigeria / Fire Outbreak In Sabon Gari Market, Kano (PICS) / Segun Agbaje Wins CEO Of The Year In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.