Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,673 members, 7,837,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

I’ll No Longer Tolerate Those Insulting Jonathan – Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll No Longer Tolerate Those Insulting Jonathan – Okupe (507 Views)

Stop Insulting Jonathan, Ex-ministers Tell Buhari / Chibok Girls' Kidnap, Plot Against Jonathan - Okupe / I’ll No Longer Tolerate Those Insulting Jonathan – Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’ll No Longer Tolerate Those Insulting Jonathan – Okupe by argon500: 9:20am On Oct 31, 2014
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, has stated that he is ready to tackle any Nigerian who takes delight in disparaging his principal, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan. The presidential aide said he was tired of tolerating “misguided jokers” who continue to bring their President, government and its institutions down.

In a series of messages posted on his Twitter page, he stated that there were many good things about Jonathan and his government that Nigerians should be proud of and showcase for the world to see. Boasting that he would deal with those who say “rubbish, insult my principal or disparage my country,” he added that he “can’t stand lack of patriotism or respect for an elected President.”

He accused Jonathan’s critics of failing to see beyond their nose, adding that the majority of them are “obviously handicapped” on issues relating to nationhood. Claiming that Americans do not abuse President Barack Obama like Nigerians allegedly do their President, Okupe described Jonathan’s critics as “shameless, unpatriotic and ignorant.”

According to him, fifth columnists who believe that there is nothing good to say about Nigeria “can go jump into the bar beach.”
“Some are shameless, unpatriotic and ignorant jokers. What I say is based on the facts that I have. If you feel that there is nothing good to say about your country you can go jump into the bar beach. If bar beach is too open for them, they can try Lekki beach or Kuramo waters. Nigeria will definitely not miss you.
“Nigeria conquered Ebola. But for foreign commendations, many would have reacted in denial. They say we are the largest economy in Africa, yet many still bellyache. Some people should bury their heads in the sand like ostrich, Nigeria will move forward without you.
“If you talk out of pure hate for your government and out of cerebral emptiness, we have a duty to help you. US citizens do not abuse, or disparage their nation. What is intellectual in ridiculing your nation from an ill-informed point of view?

Meanwhile, a presidential aspirant on the platform of the opposition All Progressives Congress, Rabiu Kwankwaso, has said that the majority of Nigerians “must be very angry” with the way and manner the President has been carrying on with the business of governance.
The Kano State governor wrote on his official Twitter page that religious and cultural differences should not deter Nigerians from voting out the Jonathan administration.
“We must be very angry with what is happening in our country; we must be very angry that an inept government is presiding over our affairs. I therefore call on all Nigerians to unleash their anger on their ballot papers by voting PDP out of power in 2015.
“Religious and cultural differences should not deter us from seeking good leadership at the centre and indeed at all levels – a leadership that will address our current security and economic challenges and make our unity stronger,” Kwankwaso said.

Source: PUNCH.
Re: I’ll No Longer Tolerate Those Insulting Jonathan – Okupe by slimfit1(m): 9:28am On Oct 31, 2014
Okupe long time , its you again after a long time of silence. The chief has come out of his hiding place. Youcomparing us with America how come that is the only time you do that. Why don't you tell mr president to respect himself like Obama. Care for his people like Obama, show leadership skills like Obama.

Mr okupe we didn't disturb you with your loot please don't hesitate to disturb us with our freedom of expression. No body has mentioned your name for over a year now just go back to sleep and chill with those routing abuja girls you are abusing. The girls that you should be sending to school with your money not your magic stick.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Second Military Officer Declares Self Burkina Faso’s President / Abacha Promises To Win Kano Governorship Seat For PDP / Boko Haram May Capture Entire 3 North East States In Weeks; Borno Dep. Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.