Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,766 members, 7,955,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:40 PM

Yobe Politics: Can Apc Recant? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yobe Politics: Can Apc Recant? (3335 Views)

#how Can Apc's James Falake Be Registered To Vote In Lagos And Kogi? / Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? / Can APC Substitute Buhari If He Is Finally Disqualified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yobe Politics: Can Apc Recant? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 13, 2014
donmalcolm21:
are you scared that I will demystify you objectively? Since you are not an expert on constitutional law, swallow your pride and give up because you have earned your pay today. Troll
I don't take chest-beaters serious. I have given you attention. Will only respond to sensible reply from you.

Cheers
Re: Yobe Politics: Can Apc Recant? by donmalcolm21(m): 6:21pm On Nov 13, 2014
barcanista:
I don't take chest-beaters serious. I have given you attention. Will only respond to sensible reply from you.

Cheers
being you must be very boring, how will u survive post 2015? Get a life and experience happiness. My 50 kobo advice. Won't respond to ur rubbish no matter the thrash you spew AGENT PROVACATUER.

1 Like

Re: Yobe Politics: Can Apc Recant? by ayukdaboss(m): 7:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
donmalcolm21:
being you must be very boring, how will u survive post 2015? Get a life and experience happiness. My 50 kobo advice. Won't respond to ur rubbish no matter the thrash you spew AGENT PROVACATUER.
You just started attacking that guy for no reason at all.
Re: Yobe Politics: Can Apc Recant? by donphilopus: 7:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
barcanista:
The Constitution sees both the Governor and the Dep as a Teag Team. They are not distinct from each other. The purpose of Vice is to ensure that such vancancy doesn't exist or is minimised. It is not to "dash" anyone free office. Yaradua contested and won the 2007 along with Jonathan. he didn't win it alone. This was the Court Ruling in 1999 to INEC where it said Haruna won the ticket with Atiku.

No Sir, Nyako was first sworn in May 29, 2007. The Tenure will end May 29, 2015 (Ngilari will end it, and it counts for him i.e Ngillari) which is according to the SC 2012 ruling. Nyako was not the only one affected, Idris(Kogi), Wamako(Sokoto), Sylva(Bayelsa) and Imoke(cross river) were all affected. They will vacate office May 29, 2015.

In fact, Oduaguan election was nullified in 2010, a re-run held in 2011 which he won. His First tenure still ended 2011.

@bold, let's see how the court rules. Going by the bold, GEJ may be allowed to contest come 2015 on the condition of leaving the office on the 5th of May 2015 [that's if he wins, God forbid] which would mark his exact 8yrs in office!
Re: Yobe Politics: Can Apc Recant? by donphilopus: 8:09pm On Nov 13, 2014
A7:

@Bold, the plaintiffs have not yet make a say about that, and will never do because it will be inexplicably erratic, yes for the pdp to raise the issue I agree, but the moment anyone in the apc take his argument in that dimension the party will end up being an object of ridicule, it's like throwing the baby along with the bath water, just reminding us the most viable Apc candidate made similar statement in 2011.

No, Bros, APC would never take the issue to the court of law. They just know within themselves that he promised not to return to office come 2015.

Although I was young, what I heard and grow up to know was Atiku contested the election and won. But what I want us to keep in mind is, the focus of this discussion was about the actions of those lawmakers challenging the eligibility of govt officials that take oath of office twice and planning to seek another term, which according to them violates the nation's law.

Thatks where the issue lies. Though I was also very young during Boni Haruna/Atiku's saga, but I've read and heard so much about that. Nyako also took Oath of Office 3 times whether legally or illegally. I'm neither a Lawyer nor an expert on Constitutional Law, so I'd expect them to interpret that to us.

The court that stop Boni Haruna does so because his third bid is not in compliance with the law.

Exactly, that's why I've been saying his case is different. He governed Adamawa State for the stipulated period of 4yrs in each term before he later contested and won the 2003 election. If he had contested the 2007 election won, he'd have ruled that state for 12yrs, which is unconstitutional.

Voila! There lies the problem, Boni, Gej, and Geidam were both sworn in twice, Boni's fate was already decided, a legal hurdle awaits Gej, little or nothing was known about Geidam's case. Will the Apc drop its case against gej to make way for Geidam or they will proceed to set an example showing unlike the Pdp the party do not abet/tolerate sacred cows. ??

This' the first time I'm hearing of Geidam's hurdle and I don't seem to know anything concerning that. I don't even know if APC is in support of his Re-election or not!
Re: Yobe Politics: Can Apc Recant? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 13, 2014
donphilopus:

@bold, let's see how the court rules. Going by the bold, GEJ may be allowed to contest come 2015 on the condition of leaving the office on the 5th of May 2015 [that's if he wins, God forbid] which would mark his exact 8yrs in office!
loln there is nothing like "half" term. A term is 4 years. Yaradua/gEJ's term ends 2011, GEJ/Sambo Term will end 2015. Another term will commence from 2015-2019.whoever wins 2015 will rule for 4years except impeachment, resignation or death sets in. Even at that, the successor will rule till 2019. Gentleman agreement or "special" arrangement is alien to the law. The case is in Court, the judge wil decide, though I am very optimistic that Jonathan won't escape this.
Re: Yobe Politics: Can Apc Recant? by donphilopus: 8:15pm On Nov 13, 2014
barcanista:
loln there i§ nothing like "half" term. A term is 4 years. Yaradua/gEJ's term ends 2011, GEJ/Sambo Term will end 2015. Another term will commence from 2015-2019.whoever wins 2015 will rule for 4years except impeachment, resignation or death sets in. Even at that, the successor will rule till 2019. Gentleman agreement or "special" arrangement is alien to the law. The case is in Court, the judge wil decide, though I am very optimistic that Jonathan won't escape this.

Lol... Hope you know the country you're in?! Anyways sha, let's see what the court says come December 1st. They all will know their fate that day!
Re: Yobe Politics: Can Apc Recant? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
donphilopus:

Lol... Hope you know the country you're in?! Anyways sha, let's see what the court says come December 1st. They all will know their fate that day!
What will happen?
Did the country burn when IBB was forced out?
Did the country burn when the 2005 third term amendment was killed in the NASS?
Did the country burn when Yaradua died and Power was given to Jonathan?
The Country won't burn should the court disqualify Jonathan.

Forget the noise of Jonathanians my guy. Empty drums beat the loudest
Re: Yobe Politics: Can Apc Recant? by donphilopus: 8:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
barcanista:
What will happen?
Did the country burn when IBB was forced out?
Did the country burn when the 2005 third term amendment was killed in the NASS?
Did the country burn when Yaradua die and Power was given to Jonathan?
The Country won't burn should the court disqualify Jonathan.

Forget the noise of Jonathanians my guy. Empty drums beat the loudest

Waiting till December 1st sha. If he's declared ineligible, he would have no choice than to respect the court!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Illiterate EFCC Officer Spells "THIRD" As "3th". ---see Picture / WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria / Buhari And The 1983 Coup:the Facts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.