Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,960 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? (23272 Views)

Wike Climbed Into The Governorship Seat Over Dead Bodies - Prof Itse Sagay / Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun / How The Governorship Elections Will Be Won And Lost - Premiumtimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Wisdytech(m): 6:19pm On Apr 01, 2015
By Eyo Nse,

Akwa Ibom State currently is a PDP state lead by Governor Godswill Akpabio who has since emerged victorious on his senatorial race for Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District.

The just concluded presidential election brought history to Nigeria were the opposition candidate Gen. Muhammadu Buhari of the APC won the incumbent president of the PDP.

Akwa Ibomites may not want the state to be an opposition state because of the lack of federal government presence usually experienced in opposition states in Nigeria and they may want to support the APC governorship aspirant Mr. Umana Okon Umana (a former SSG of the state).

Political experts foresee that Nigeria may become an APC filled state in the nearest future if only Nigeria President Elect Gen. Buhari will enact/fulfilled his manifesto proposed during his campaign.

Do you think Udom Emmanuel of the PDP will win the current Nigeria’s majority political party APC in Akwa Ibom State even though Akwa Ibom is a core PDP state?

Source: http://brainnewsng.com/opinion-can-apc-wins-the-governorship-seat-in-akwa-ibom-state/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Acekidc4(m): 6:27pm On Apr 01, 2015
Let's wait and See!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Edygrin(m): 7:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
Apc have the wrong candidate. Honestly I don't think Umana O. Umana can win akwa ibom for apc. He's not widely accepted and he was part of the Akpabio's government for seven years. He has been trying to ridicule the government he was part of. That's hypocrisy

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by tempest01(m): 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2015
I think Udom Emmanuel is the change and new breed needed in Akwa Ibom state keeping party affiliations aside.
He was also ssg, and given his experience rising to the top of his career with zenith bank, he has what it takes to move the state forward.

Umana umana is part of the old cabaI...his seeking of the governorship office made him decamp.

I think the only error Akpabio did was to give his zone the deputy governorship slot after doing 8 years. He should have given it to Uyo senatorial district.

But I am positive Udom will win nevertheless.

The issue of APC at the federal level shouldn't be a problem. Governors should be wise enough to be diplomatic so as to curry favour to their States, no matter the party affiliation

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Wisdytech(m): 7:48pm On Apr 01, 2015
tempest01:
I think Udom Emmanuel is the change and new breed needed in Akwa Ibom state keeping party affiliations aside.
He was also ssg, and given his experience rising to the top of his career with zenith bank, he had what it takes to move the state forward.

Umana umana is part of the old cabaI...his seeking of the governorship office made him decamp.

I think the only error Akpabio did was to give his zone the deputy governorship slot after doing 8 years. He should have given it to Uyo senatorial district.

But I am positive Udom will win nevertheless.

YOU HAD REALLY SPOKEN WELL! Thanks for the info

The issue of APC at the federal level shouldn't be a problem. Governors should be wise enough to be diplomatic so as to curry favour to their States, no matter the party affiliation
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Wisdytech(m): 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
Acekidc4:
Let's wait and See!!

sure!!!!
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by kestolove95(m): 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
With obong victor attah and don ettiebet....umana victory is sure

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by tempest01(m): 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
kestolove95:

Sure in some areas of Uyo senatorial district and Oron...it won't be enough to win the state

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Wisdytech(m): 8:02pm On Apr 01, 2015
kestolove95:

40% LOL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Wisdytech(m): 8:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
tempest01:

Sure in some areas of Uyo senatorial district and Oron...it won't be enough to win the state

Oron is not a friend to the current government.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by tempest01(m): 9:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
Wisdytech:

Oron is not a friend to the current government.

Oron wanted the governorship, forgetting that it's not just them that makes up the senatorial district....

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by seagulsntrawler: 9:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
It is possible if the government of the day does not truncate the will of the people by conniving with INEC staff,police and media to rig massively as witnessed on 28th of march. Many polling booths that had no international observers were deliberately starved of ballot papers and result sheets.
UOU should win comfortably in Uyo and eket senatorial districts while splitting the votes in ikot ekpene axis with Udom emmanuel.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by seagulsntrawler: 9:23pm On Apr 01, 2015
It is possible if the government of the day does not truncate the will of the people by conniving with INEC staff,police and media to rig massively as witnessed on 28th of march. Many polling booths with no international observers were deliberately starved of ballot papers and result sheets while PDP agents had a field day.
UOU should win comfortably in Uyo and eket senatorial districts while splitting the votes in ikot ekpene axis with Udom emmanuel.
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Wisdytech(m): 9:25am On Apr 02, 2015
seagulsntrawler:
It is possible if the government of the day does not truncate the will of the people by conniving with INEC staff,police and media to rig massively as witnessed on 28th of march. Many polling booths with no international observers were deliberately starved of ballot papers and result sheets while PDP agents had a field day.

So are you trying to tell us that PDP is known as a rigging party?

But come to think of this, Is PDP in Akwa Ibom still active?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by seagulsntrawler: 1:21pm On Apr 02, 2015
Wisdytech:

So are you trying to tell us that PDP is known as a rigging party?

But come to think of this, Is PDP in Akwa Ibom still active?

It is an open secret that PDP and APC to an extent are are adept at rigging and do so blatantly in areas where they are popular.
PDP`s popularity in Akwa Ibom is at an all time low cos Akpabio is trying to mount a successor, against the will of the majority Ibibios. Even though Udom Emmanuel is an Ibibio, most people see him as an Akpabio puppet and would prefer UOU.
Most PDP top guns like former governor Victor Attah( a respected Ibibio leader) and Don Etiebet(ex minister for petroleum) have openly endorsed UOU. The Oron Nation have been marginalised for too long and have the prospect of producing a deputy governor for the first time under UOU, hence, will vote massively for APC. Udom undermined his himself by picking a deputy from the annang clan. Ibibios are in the majority and will determine who becomes governor. Lastly, the Buhari factor will play a role cos the people would not want to be in opposition to the central government cos AKS has always been in alignment with the government at the centre.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Wisdytech(m): 6:30pm On Apr 02, 2015
seagulsntrawler:

It is an open secret that PDP and APC to an extent are are adept at rigging and do so blatantly in areas where they are popular.
PDP`s popularity in Akwa Ibom is at an all time low cos Akpabio is trying to mount a successor, against the will of the majority Ibibios. Even though Udom Emmanuel is an Ibibio, most people see him as an Akpabio puppet and would prefer UOU.
Most PDP top guns like former governor Victor Attah( a respected Ibibio leader) and Don Etiebet(ex minister for petroleum) have openly endorsed UOU. The Oron Nation have been marginalised for too long and have the prospect of producing a deputy governor for the first time under UOU, hence, will vote massively for APC. Udom undermined his himself by picking a deputy from the annang clan. Ibibios are in the majority and will determine who becomes governor. Lastly, the Buhari factor will play a role cos the people would not want to be in opposition to the central government cos AKS has always been in alignment with the government at the centre.

am absorbing it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by seagulsntrawler: 7:11pm On Apr 02, 2015
Wisdytech:

am absorbing it
UOU will also split the votes in Ikot ekpene senatorial district mainly populated by the annangs( akpabio`s clan) because the people from Abak LGA(a core annang council area) are aggrieved, and feels the senatorial seat should be theirs (rightly so, too) until Akpabio signified interest and muscled his way to the senate. Hence, they are more likely to vote against PDP since they do not have anything at stake and do not share the same sentiment as Akpabio.
With these underlying factors at play I don't think PDP has a chance against the agents of Change in the state.
When UOU first started his sojourn in APC, a lot of people were skeptical and never gave him a chance but today many oppressed Ibibios, mainly the elites,middle class and the poor now see him as a rallying point against an oppressor(Akpabio).
It will be interesting for you to know that many from Udom`s senatorial district(eket zone) do not even fancy him as a governor cos of the akpabio's link. Also, the majority in that district are ibibios too.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by poiZon: 9:10pm On Apr 02, 2015
seagulsntrawler:
It is possible if the government of the day does not truncate the will of the people by conniving with INEC staff,police and media to rig massively as witnessed on 28th of march. Many polling booths that had no international observers were deliberately starved of ballot papers and result sheets.

i dont think u r from akwa ibom, but if u r then u r a political novice.
if buhari lost in katsina then udom will lose in eket senatorial district where udom is from. n for ikot ekpene if osibanjo lost in southwest then i think moses ekpo will lose too cos that is his senatorial district n dont forget akpabio is from thr. the battle will be in uyo senatorial district. also dont forget the next senator reppng uyo is akpabio boy, the current speaker who hails from etinan na akpabio boy, onofiok luke na akpabio, coincidentally comes from d same lg wif umana. n whr dat boyy dey umana na toy!
am being realistic n i give it to udom!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Wisdytech(m): 12:22am On Apr 03, 2015
poiZon:

if buhari lost in katsina then udom will lose in eket senatorial district where udom is from. n for ikot ekpene if osibanjo lost in southwest then i think moses ekpo will lose too cos that is his senatorial district n dont forget akpabio is from thr. the battle will be in uyo senatorial district. also dont forget the next senator reppng uyo is akpabio boy, the current speaker who hails from etinan na akpabio boy, onofiok luke na akpabio, coincidentally comes from d same lg wif umana. n whr dat boyy dey umana na toy!

Fantastic analysis! You must be an annang man?
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by seagulsntrawler: 8:22am On Apr 03, 2015
poiZon:

Where I come from, is not what is up for discussion here. And you calling someone you don't know a political novice? Smh.
The factors you listed are to be taken into consideration but I've made my analysis and I am equally on ground to feel the pulse of the people as regards the coming election. Were you aware that campaign stickers of Udom, stuck on vehicles were forcefully removed at Ibom plaza,on tuesday evening when it became certain that Buhari had won, and the owners made to chant the APC- change slogan?
If you read the first post I made, you`d understand that PDP is scared of holding a free and fair elections here, which is very unfortunate. If the election is rigged massively as experienced last saturday then APC will have no choice than to go to court to get back its mandate.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by poiZon: 4:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
Wisdytech:

Fantastic analysis! You must be an annang man?
thanx man, funny enuf am minority ibibio amongst d annang majority.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Wisdytech(m): 10:04am On Apr 06, 2015
poiZon:
thanx man, funny enuf am minority ibibio amongst d annang majority.

Hehehehehehehehehehe so if i may convert you to an annang man.

Won't you accept it?
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by joedejana(m): 12:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
Like I care
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Ilekeh(f): 12:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
I doubt it because my akwa-ibom people still live in darkness. But nothing is impossible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by mcprince32(m): 12:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
Eko'o onibaje e. On the 2nd January 2015, I saw a vision of a big problem in the land, but none could help out. As all were contemplating over who would handle it, I heard Ifeanyi Agbaje. I further enquired and realised they were Ifeanyi Okowa (of Delta State) and Jimi Agbaje (of Lagos state) could solve these problems. I don't know them personally, but I hereby implore all concerned state indigens to pls Vote for them. God bless you all.
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by dridowu: 12:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
yes they can, though I don't know much about akwa ibom politics but as a political party APC can win it , even KOWA party can win also but I will be happy if APC wins it

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by missionmex(m): 12:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
If u want the truth, then the answer is NO!
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by jaymiebee(m): 12:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
Nigerians knows wats good for them... The people will always go for wats best for them.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Bevista: 12:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
Akwa Ibomites should rise up and wrestle the state from the machinations of the Akpabios.

Right now, there is genuine fear in the PDP camp. People now come out to boldly chant APC and the Change slogan in the state. PGEJ loss has changed the equation completely. It has weakened the incumbent and emboldened the oppositon.

My money is Umana Okon Umana (APC). It might not be a case of love for Umana but rather hate for Akpabio.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Situation001(m): 12:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
I agree
Re: Opinion: Can Apc Wins The Governorship Seat In Akwa Ibom State? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
APC MAY WINS AKWA IBOM BUT APC 'll SURELY WINS LAGOS.....that's it

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! / Top 6 Projects In Northern Nigeria / I Was Told To Raise Alarm That EFCC Invaded CJN's House - Odumakin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.