Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine (8119 Views)

Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. / Buhari Is Incompetent, Hopeless And Useless - El-rufai / Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by Ilekokonit: 12:24am On Nov 01, 2014
Boko Haram proves the Nigerian government to be corrupt and useless - Weekly Conservative British Magazine - 6 May 2014

The country’s annual defence budget is about £3.5 billion yet the frontline soldiers unfortunate enough to be sent into the areas where Boko Haram hangs out are by all accounts drastically under-equipped by comparison with the surprisingly well-provided terrorists.

This wretched affair should make us think twice about economic relations with Nigeria itself. Not just the amount of UK aid that goes there – about £238 million a year, it seems, almost all of it to non-state agencies, which is controversial enough – but investment in Nigeria generally.

Even today’s FT supplement on investing in Nigeria kicks off with a reminder that the place is not just riven with sectarian divisions, of which Boko Haram is the most obvious example, but drastic inequalities.
The country’s GDP is put at $510 billion for last year but about 70 per cent of the population lives in poverty.

Of course that brings us to the argument about whether it’s better to engage with unpleasant and corrupt states in order to make them better or leave them severely alone. Personally, when it comes to Nigeria, I’m all in favour of raising our skirts well above our ankles.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2014/05/boko-haram-proves-the-nigerian-government-to-be-corrupt-and-useless/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by ademega(m): 3:44am On Nov 01, 2014
They will soon come here and tell us APC agents at work

In this country "truth" is not part of us . Let me also assume i don't ve truth in me too .
Mr president should continue till forever,if possible rule after life self . He has giving us at least 20 hour constant and stable electricity in all parts of the country (if only for this achievement self, he has done well, there is need for more shout of GEJ till 2019 by all and sundry), schools are doing fine , no strike ,the standard can compete not only in Africa but Europe and America , students are now trooping in from all over Africa to get standard education, the standard of living is too much oky , can't u see? people are not traveling out again . Go and see the arrival arena/terminal at the airport people are rushing down in millions to be partaker of the nations goodies and national cake. See our roads very smooth, most especially the roads in the east . See our security , u can move to anywhere anytime of the day without fear . Nite culture is now back to our country .unemployment is a thing of the past , we are thinking of how to start giving visa to Ghanaians and other African countries to come help us with our dirty and menial jobs in our factories. Water is everywhere , we are even missing pure water and bottle water. See how corruption has gone away in virtually in all sectors, see the faces of corrupt leaders in prison. Gone are the days we import our own exported crude oil. In fact ,u can see how much we get a liter compare to four years ago. See the diversification of our economy,no more dependency on our oil. Our hospitals are now receiving rich patients on like before when our leaders and big men get treatment and die in foreign hospitals. This man has done magic , he must be from another planet . Pls u can add to these numerous achievements of our president. MR PRESIDENT KEEP DOING IT! We want more of these . GEJ till 20we want him to stop ruling us

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by Sibrah: 4:47am On Nov 01, 2014
Nigeria is well known for her systemic ineffeciency.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by persius555(m): 4:55am On Nov 01, 2014
I hope yourr excellency GEJ is reading this.Mr president, your government is a sequel of previous bad and terrible governance. Do we need othher nations to tell us how bad the PDP govt has been b4 you believe.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by Nobody: 5:04am On Nov 01, 2014
What about ISIS and the west? What does the inability of the west to defeat ISIS prove?

10 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by Arch1: 5:17am On Nov 01, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
What about ISIS and the west? What does the inability of the west to defeat ISIS prove?
insincere9grian
will you shut up already and stop giving silly excuse and analogy.
A City as strategic as Mubi was sacked the day before yesterday and till date we havent heard a single word from the presidency and DHQ. Reports also indicates that Vimtim, the hometown of the CDS Air Marshal Alex Sabundu Badeh has also been captured. It is said that Boko Haram commanders are presently lodging in his personal house. - what a shame

What happened to all the millions pumped into the defence budget? What happened to the $1billion loan borrowed for the purchase of arms?

JonaTAN has failed as a commander-in-chief. The areas currently under Boko Haram control is as large as the landmass size of the SS+SE. The sovereignty/territorial intergrity of the country has been breached !

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by Horus(m): 5:21am On Nov 01, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtn197fO71Q

[size=15pt]Nigeria Speakers Corner Debate on Corruption and Impunity[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by Adminisher: 6:40am On Nov 01, 2014
All these articles are wasted on our President. Jonathan cannot understand most of these and if he did would not be able to do anything about corruption, the stolen defence budget or income inequalities. He has even been heard to gloat over the number of private jets owned by billionaires, his people in Otuoke don't have light and millions of young people in the Niger delta are bursting crude oil pipes and engaging in crime and militancy. Is that a normal human being? Many people do not understand the serious intellectual limitations of our President. He was chosen carefully by the Godfathers for qualities that he lacks. The man is a delight to all those who work for him because they can do and steal anything and get away with it. He just does not understand much about anything, a complete blank tabular Rasa. This is the man they need to stay in office, speaking unintelligibly, blinking and flinching confusedly while they take apart the whole country.

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by LOC1(m): 10:19am On Nov 01, 2014
Nigeria has been driven into a state of an economic quagmire and you ask our leaders what they tell you is that the problem has been there since time immemorial but here is the big question 'What crime is it if they stop all these forms of corruption during their stay in office?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by slimfit1(m): 10:54am On Nov 01, 2014
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtn197fO71Q

[size=15pt]Nigeria Speakers Corner Debate on Corruption and Impunity[/size]

Ask tambuwa what he has been doing why they are paid so much to do jack sheet ? Jonathan doesn't even have to be blamed for some of these sheet happening the law makers are to be blamed.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by Gbawe: 11:19am On Nov 01, 2014
Adminisher:
All these articles are wasted on our President. Jonathan cannot understand most of these and if he did would not be able to do anything about corruption, the stolen defence budget or income inequalities. He has even been heard to gloat over the number of private jets owned by billionaires, his people in Otuoke don't have light and millions of young people in the Niger delta are bursting crude oil pipes and engaging in crime and militancy. Is that a normal human being? Many people do not understand the serious intellectual limitations of our President. He was chosen carefully by the Godfathers for qualities that he lacks. The man is a delight to all those who work for him because they can do and steal anything and get away with it. He just does not understand much about anything, a complete blank tabular Rasa. This is the man they need to stay in office, speaking unintelligibly, blinking and flinching confusedly while they take apart the whole country.

Candidate for post of the year !!! If na Gbawe talk am dem for say I hate Jonathan. Truth is that it is those who do not want Nigeria to work who continue to fight tooth and nail for the "worst President in the universe" to remain in power. All others, like the author of this article, simply say it as they see it and as things really are.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by divaoflife: 11:33am On Nov 01, 2014
It is really a shame the way things are going from bad to worse in this country.
Do we need a foreign magazine to tell us the very obvious?
Honestly,words fail me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by BlackTechnology: 11:33am On Nov 01, 2014
Arch1:
insincere9grian
will you shut up already and stop giving silly excuse and analogy.
A City as strategic as Mubi was sacked the day before yesterday and till date we havent heard a single word from the presidency and DHQ. Reports also indicates that Vimtim, the hometown of the CDS Air Marshal Alex Sabundu Badeh has also been captured. It is said that Boko Haram commanders are presently lodging in his personal house. - what a shame

What happened to all the millions pumped into the defence budget? What happened to the $1billion loan borrowed for the purchase of arms?

JonaTAN has failed as a commander-in-chief. The areas currently under Boko Haram control is as large as the landmass size of the SS+SE. The sovereignty/territorial intergrity of the country has been breached !

Is one Nigeria by force

Give BH their sharia nation

If it pains you, join the military.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by celeron40(m): 11:45am On Nov 01, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Is one Nigeria by force

If it pains you, join the military.
Sharia Nation...is it only muslims that live in the North? Or you feel safe down south because BH hasn't gotten down south? I have known you on NL for some time now to come to the conclusion that you have never failed to disappoint when it comes to reasoning like a Pry.1 pupil..I.diot.

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by BlackTechnology: 11:54am On Nov 01, 2014
celeron40:
Sharia Nation...is it only muslims that live in the North? Or you feel safe down south because BH hasn't gotten down south? I have known you on NL for some time now to come to the conclusion that you have never failed to disappoint when it comes to reasoning like a Pry.1 pupil..I.diot.

Wise man why didn't you apply when the military was recruiting boys to be deployed to NE

I maintain my stand

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by celeron40(m): 11:55am On Nov 01, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Wise man why didn't you apply when the military was recruiting boys to be deployed to NE

I maintain my stand

The North will NEVER belong to slave raiders no matter how much you southerners will love to see it burn.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by BlackTechnology: 12:04pm On Nov 01, 2014
celeron40:
The North will NEVER belong to slave raiders no matter how much you southerners will love to see it burn.

OK pretender

Now

Tell us the part of North you are from and the ethnic and religious group you belong to

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by celeron40(m): 12:09pm On Nov 01, 2014
BlackTechnology:

OK pretender

Now

Tell us the part of North you are from and the ethnic and religious group you belong to
I'm not from the North..I did my NYSC in Taraba 3 yrs ago and worked there briefly..Now stop being a bigot.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by BlackTechnology: 12:18pm On Nov 01, 2014
celeron40:
I'm not from the North..I did my NYSC in Taraba 3 yrs ago and worked there briefly..Now stop being a bigot.

OK

Tell us the part of Southern Nigeria you are from
Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by celeron40(m): 12:28pm On Nov 01, 2014
BlackTechnology:

OK

Tell us the part of Southern Nigeria you are from
Don't interrogate me.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by LordMecuzy(m): 12:33pm On Nov 01, 2014
The Only Sensible Post All tru This Thread is dat of Celeron40
Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by Quelme: 12:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
ademega:

In this country "truth" is not part of us . Let me also assume i don't ve truth in me too .
Mr president should continue till forever,if possible rule after life self . He has giving us at least 20 hour constant and stable electricity in all parts of the country (if only for this achievement self, he has done well, there is need for more shout of GEJ till 2019 by all and sundry), schools are doing fine , no strike ,the standard can compete not only in Africa but Europe and America , students are now trooping in from all over Africa to get standard education, the standard of living is too much oky , can't u see? people are not traveling out again . Go and see the arrival arena/terminal at the airport people are rushing down in millions to be partaker of the nations goodies and national cake. See our roads very smooth, most especially the roads in the east . See our security , u can move to anywhere anytime of the day without fear . Nite culture is now back to our country .unemployment is a thing of the past , we are thinking of how to start giving visa to Ghanaians and other African countries to come help us with our dirty and menial jobs in our factories. Water is everywhere , we are even missing pure water and bottle water. See how corruption has gone away in virtually in all sectors, see the faces of corrupt leaders in prison. Gone are the days we import our own exported crude oil. In fact ,u can see how much we get a liter compare to four years ago. See the diversification of our economy,no more dependency on our oil. Our hospitals are now receiving rich patients on like before when our leaders and big men get treatment and die in foreign hospitals. This man has done magic , he must be from another planet . Pls u can add to these numerous achievements of our president. MR PRESIDENT KEEP DOING IT! We want more of these . GEJ till 20we want him to stop ruling us

is this sarcasm.? Oh wait i didn't see this shit!!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by major466(m): 1:26pm On Nov 01, 2014
Meanwhile the exploit of ISIS in Iraq and Syria proves that the US government is corrupt and useless.

But who is the article writer trying to deceive? Some opposition agent probably living in the country posting an article on a UK blog site to influence the Nigerian public against GEJ. A desperate article garnished with hate to incite a Burkina Faso like protest in the country. Ingenious. Let them try harder.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by RockMaxi: 1:43pm On Nov 01, 2014
This is the kind of post that APC goons will be relishing with.

@ademega, you blew the lid off with this your sarcasm. grin grin
Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:47pm On Nov 01, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
kai!!! No brain whatsoever..even if na dirt dey ur skull, u go wise small...

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by bjdon: 1:51pm On Nov 01, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
kai!!! No brain whatsoever..even if na dirt dey ur skull, u go wise small...

My brother it's not that posters fault, na because they no take IQ test before approving use of Internet. Any brainless nematode can come on here and type trash, then go back home and start to look for where to find fuel for their generator to watch football. Too many people in this country are just darn brainless. In fact if there is a revolution it's not just the corrupt leaders that need to be culled!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by Truman155(m): 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
ademega:

source of this manufactured data or adonbelivit its like u are not in nigeria 1 people die everyday as a result of aviodable causes ie bokoharam and u say jonathan is working? maybe u havnt lost anyone to bokoharam 2.nigeria still import refined crude oil so get ur fact stright nextime u want to support gej administratiön 3nigeria is a fragile country voters are swayed by ethnic sentiments so brother people are coming to nigeria to park there belongings for the impending doom #caviet i am nither a gej supporter nor a buharri fan
Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by ademega(m): 2:18pm On Nov 01, 2014
U see my brother , am not a party guy , but i could rember all the promises this guy made during his election campaign , it is painful that to me he scored zero. I can't be more fair than that . There are few things one will do as a leader and people will see hope but this guy got their and mess everytin up . Fine , the place was messed up by past leaders and it will take time before we get to our dream land , but no democratically elected leader has any excuse in this dispensation that he can't do one significant thing seen the solid foundation obasanjo laid . This guy came and destroyed even the foundation. People expected much more from him . When he assumed power , my thought and that of most people generally was that he would face just power , when issue of power is solved , so many other problems would be solved including unemployment. What do we have as electricity now , worse than before ! That same ridiculous sayin "up NEPA" is even louder now cos if u get to see light after 3 to 4 weeks u tend to shout at the top of your voice . Sometimes when you get to some estates , u can't even differentiate between federal government light and generator light . Nobody waits for useless government irregular electricity again . Oky , corruption in oil sector unko , we are not even talking corruption generally but in this oil sector. At least that would ve been used for some other projects . Very painful , under the watch of our president , few are getting what is meant for millions ! And our president is a close friend to all these heartless rich . As we can see What we have in our oil sector is heart taking ! I dont want to talk of security , he tried his best , spending billions on weekly bases without any result to show for it . no thanks to bokoharam too, even at this , is any other place apart from the North east safe in this country? If you think so , u are dead before arrival . Security would have been easy if the judiciary has been fair and not corrupt like the one we have . My brother , am angry , people are angry , Jonathan is a failure .
Having said all these , am not doubting the fact that he would win come next year but it would ve to be the worst election ever conducted in the history of mankind . They will need to rig the election at not just gun point (cos it won't be a barrier) but at armored tank point just as if the want to fight bokoharam .
RockMaxi:
This is the kind of post that APC goons will be relishing with.

@ademega, you blew the lid off with this your sarcasm. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 01, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
talk about throwing pearl to the swine (the author of this post and those who liked it)
So ISIS now attacks parts of the US?
What kind of m0rons roam cyberspace these days?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by RockMaxi: 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2014
ademega:

U see my brother , am not a party guy , They will need to rig the election at not just gun point (cos it won't be a barrier) but at armored tank point .

grin grin How I wish we can rewrite the history of this nation. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by Eneze1(f): 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2014
major466:
Meanwhile the exploit of ISIS in Iraq and Syria proves that the US government is corrupt and useless.

But who is the article writer trying to deceive? Some opposition agent probably living in the country posting an article on a UK blog site to influence the Nigerian public against GEJ. A desperate article garnished with hate to incite a Burkina Faso like protest in the country. Ingenious. Let them try harder.

At times the way you people make useless comparisons is astonishing, is ISIS attacking any part of the US that you know of? please my friend try and reason well next time before you make baseless comparisons. What has GEJ achieved in almost his 6 years in power? corruption is high, no electricity, basic amenities are nothing to write home about, security is zero, pray tell what has he done? largest economy in Africa that has little or no effect on Nigerians just the same set of people holding the nation to ransome

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Proves The Nigerian Govt To Be Corrupt And Useless - British Magazine by aresa: 3:06pm On Nov 01, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

Den say you be thief, but you are saying it's not a big deal because other people steal too. Are you still not a damn thief.

So, your country should remain in the gutter because other countries are in the gutter too? How rrretarded can you backward and cavemen thinking losers be?

You people come up with the dumbest and unintelligent rationale ever...

They call you losers unintelligent TANoids and you try your very best to prove them right.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida / Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War / We Are Behind Boko Aram---gwarzo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.