Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,395 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House (27333 Views)

Senate Will Reconvene To Consider Ministerial List — Saraki / GEJ Plotting To Reconvene House – APC / Sovereign National Conference: North Set For Showdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by arewafederation: 10:57am On Nov 01, 2014
maestroferddi:
Spare yourself the tantrums...

Tambuwal's headache will only get more intense. Yesterday, I watched him on TV looking rather sober and penitent as they went to file a motion in court seeking reliefs.

The pen he was writing with looked limp on his hands as he must have been reflecting on not only possible but probable loss of relevance till the Sokoto gubernatorial elections in 7 months. An election he might, as well, not win.

Issokay! Time shall tell.

At least the imprudence of PDP has been further established.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by condralbede(m): 11:00am On Nov 01, 2014
citizenY:

Sorry, the legacy parties , now APC made it possible for Tambuwal to become spreaker. He is now kissing the hand that feeds him , without any pretence as he was doing previously. And they are enjoying the exercise.
Good for them.... hope their unionism will last longer!
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by shegsrules(m): 11:01am On Nov 01, 2014
Why can't we just have 1 house of parliament, wetin senate or house of reps d do wey d other no fit do. But d motion was moved and seconded for them to reconvene on the 4 of December so why is it that it's now they remembered some bills need to be discussed on, just because d speaker join APC.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by tuyi19: 11:06am On Nov 01, 2014
chukwudi44:

There are merely enforcing section 68 of the constitution. Tambuwal is no longer the speaker and is in no position to reconvene the house

what did the section said? he said IG or president you declare his seat vacant? why cant your jonathan allow the house to remove him before embarking on impunity and lwalessness? i have lost respect for jonathan with the way he is playing this 2015 politics.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Myself2(m): 11:09am On Nov 01, 2014
[quote author=tunwumi post=27626114]This will dent the bad image of GEJ more as he is seen as anti northerners.

But do we still have a constitution in this nation.
quote]

Did you ever have a constitution in Nigeria?
That is why Tambuwal can display such rascality and try to use long adjournment of sitting to coll tempers,nonsense
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 01, 2014
shegsrules:
Why can't we just have 1 house of parliament, wetin senate or house of reps d do wey d other no fit do. But d motion was moved and seconded for them to reconvene on the 4 of December so why is it that it's now they remembered some bills need to be discussed on, just because d speaker join APC.

The motion was moved before Tambuwal dropped his bombshell and hit the gavel to adjourned.

He tried to pull a fast one on PDP/members in the house, or do you think if he informed them of his defection earlier in the day they would have agreed to wait till dec. before treating his 'Bleep-up' grin

The situation at hand is like 'a cat and mouse game' but i can't see Tambuwal winning.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Osakah24(m): 11:38am On Nov 01, 2014
If you must come to equity, come with clean hands,I dont understand how APC will go about bringing change when all they display is tantamount to lawlessness.Tambuwal is just hiding behind the impeding court case to abuse the law and he is still playing the role of the victimized.If we are to follow section 68 then Tambuwal wont be allowed into the house from hence. same goes to other legislative decampees in the states and fct.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by maestroferddi: 11:41am On Nov 01, 2014
arewafederation:

Issokay! Time shall tell.

At least the imprudence of PDP has been further established.
Na you sabi...

If you expect Jonathan/PDP to fold their arms and watch some over ambitious upstart threaten/usurp one of Africa's most powerful and most sought after jobs, then you are in for a rude shock!

Tambuwal apparently pushed his luck too far. He sowed some wind, but the resultant whirlwind will precipitate in exponential proportions.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Alary: 12:00pm On Nov 01, 2014
omenka:
Would you kindly stop spamming my mentions?? You re becoming irritating?? Earlier you said something I never said, I asked you to show me where I ever said such and you went "blablabla". Now u are here again saying rubbish. Don't you have better things to do
Don't mind the F.O.O.L. . Even at that how can he equate the post of CBN Gov to an ELECTED Hon. The CBH Gov was appointed by the president while the Hon member was voted for from his constituency , before being voted for again by the majority of the house members to become the speaker. So president don't have power over him but his colleagues .

1 Like

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Malawian(m): 12:09pm On Nov 01, 2014
if a yoruba man was the deputy speaker, you would have seen the yoruba linch mob. shofistication grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by ibnjarir93(m): 12:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
tonyot:
Tambuwal made a very big mistake. No matter how smart he thinks he is, one thing that is certain is that "You can't fight the power that be".
Gej till 2019
Remember he fought the power before he was elected as Speaker.

1 Like

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by deebrain(m): 12:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
WWE presents

HOUSE SHOWDOWN

(in Michael Cole's voice) wao! We gonna to see it live in Nigeria! Whe are gonna to see the speaker go one on one with an opponent that is yet to be decided. Are we gonna see a traditional survival series elimination match? You can catch us live for that match inside the prestigious National Assembly Complex!

And there is word that the WWE heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar, will make a suprise appearance in the complex! Yes! And trust me when i say that when a beast comes to a complex, someone is gonna hurt! Here indeed comes the pain!

1 Like

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Mogidi: 1:13pm On Nov 01, 2014
Lets see how Tambuwal intends to win this one when he's no longer allowed access to the house of rep, he can preside over his house in sokoto.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 01, 2014
profjustine458:

Nigeria Democracy is laughable. Mimiko Defect
from
labour party to PDP,his security details were
beefed up
and added. Ohakim defect from PPA to PDP,it
was
democracy at work. Yuguda defect from ANPP
to
PDP,he was celebrated. 5PDP Governor defect
to
APC,PDP is paying the court to declare their
seats
vacant. Now Tambuwal has left PDP for
APC,The
president has ordered the withdrawal of his
security
Details. What kind of democracy is this? Does
Nigeria
Constitution only permit PDP to receive
defectors? PDP
as a party is a liability to Nigerians
. 100,000,000 likes.U nailed it.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 01, 2014
grin cheesy grin grin[color=#990000][/color]
awoononi:
Were PDP reps sleeping when Tambuwal adjourned proceedings? Why didn't they move against him then? Make them go sleep jare till december 3.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by enugwunno: 2:33pm On Nov 01, 2014
Damalex4luv:
Tambuwal will win this battle, he's a lawyer and will have played his game very well before coming to conclusion of de camping to APC.. Jonathan and co will see for sure that APC is now the party to be feared by all and sundry...
GEJ till 2015
GMB till 2019
where exactly is buhari going to get the vote to win, unless maybe from sambisa if not then its impossible for him to win

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by emmyz09(m): 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2014
S3un:
wetin concern me??

PDP o
APGA o
APC o
As far as Say Na GoodLuck B Dia Rep Den Gbam!!! U Av It..GEJ aint good I know but I prefer him to a consecutive loser who has nothing to prove
Even from ur signature note I can see u r a pdp bigot a do or die person. 4get wining Mr nairaland, and tell ur gej to return to his village even if he goes to mecca to pray rather than Isreal he has lost this battle in d HOR. My 2 naira.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by ndcide(m): 4:13pm On Nov 01, 2014
All I see are bunch if angry APC supporters insulting others just because Tambuwa joined APC.

look at the way they insulted ribadu and even wished him bad, just because he joined PDP.

will APC tolerate Ikuforoji of LAHA. if he joins PDP?

why I don't worry posting on topics like this, is because of prejudiced reactions.

people are talking about ondo state. what about IMO state.

look at how the speaker in Edo state is treating those who joined PDP. even an APC chieftain was asked on channels TV. he told Seun okinbaloye. that APC was enforcing the constitution since the PDP guys left the party.

Hypocrisy everywhere.

and we focus on Abuja way too much. that even the meat that is close to the fire (their state government) is already rotten.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by ecnuel: 5:51pm On Nov 01, 2014
chukwudi44:

There are merely enforcing section 68 of the constitution. Tambuwal is no longer the speaker and is in no position to reconvene the house

Whose duty is it to enforce the constitution? Is it PDP? If Tambuwal does not resign, then only a competent court of law can remove him.
Before you start bashing me, I dont belong to any political party. I also do not support Tambuwal's actions. But PDP should not take the law into her hands.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by eyan1: 7:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
I am sitting on the fence watching two elephants jostle for mandate. humm, will the grass not suffer for this?
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 01, 2014
I really don't know why people are breaking their heads over the former speaker of a Tambuwal boy. The dude is just an Ordinary Sokoto mallam now and no longer matter in the scheme of things.
The constitution allows the PDP to reconvene by next week once the get the 1/3rd signatures and that's a simple 120.
So any member who fails to attend and issues are discussed and passed should not come out later to rant. They shall be duly communicated.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Max24: 10:34am On Nov 02, 2014
Its unfortunate that Tambuwao is instigating an unnecessary crisis. He has the right to defect but he should have stepped down since he got there on the platform of PDP. This can only happen in Nigeria. Irrespective of its legal interpretation, Tambuwals action is morally wrong. He is setting a bad precedence. It will lead to desperation in 2015 elections. If Tambuwal wants to retain his post by all means then others might also decide to win elections by all means. Hope we wont go back to those days.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Max24: 10:48am On Nov 02, 2014
arewafederation:

PDP politicians are naturally daft and can only exist in a country filled with clueless People.

Such abuse of power, denigration of the Nigerian constitution by the evil PDP is enough reason for the people to push the out of power.

Only lower animals will see nothing wrong with the actions of the executive in this matter.
Instead of abusing others why not cite instances of Tambuwals action in other civilized democracies. Then we will know it is acceptable universally. Or is this a case of one of Nigeria's contraptions -so called home grown democracy? Danger lies ahead.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by arewafederation: 11:20am On Nov 02, 2014
Max24:

Instead of abusing others why not cite instances of Tambuwals action in other civilized democracies. Then we will know it is acceptable universally. Or is this a case of one of Nigeria's contraptions -so called home grown democracy? Danger lies ahead.

Simple question for you.... Did Tambuwal do anything unconstitutional?
If he did, the right thing for PDP to do is take him to court and not resort to illegal means... We are not animals my friend.
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Brush1: 6:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
Here is photo of an information Minister, Jaja Wachukwu, sleeping, dreaming and perhaps snoring at the UN council meeting of October 14th, 1960. Nigeria government disappointing us since 1960.

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by klkl: 7:43pm On Nov 02, 2014
its always a problem if one defects from PDP to other party but its a normal thing if its otherwise. na wah o

1 Like

Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by meccuno: 9:43pm On Nov 02, 2014
Must we rain curses and abuses before we make our points known? PDP and APC.....we don't have any future in these two parties.....am yet to see a real Nigerian Who doesn't think about his tribe but the well being of all......wonder why we are so blind to see that these politicians don't mean well for us........ But tribalism has eaten deep into most Nigerians...God help us...
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by picaso77: 8:53am On Nov 03, 2014
dlox147:
Tambuwal's timing was just wrong. And for those shouting, do you think taking the resumption date to dec 3 was a wise move?? cos of his selfish interest you decide to slow the pace of governance in Nigeria?? when we have dwindling oil prices and need to review the budget benchmark if need be, the PIB and other important issue and you guys(tabuwal supporters) choose to to be comfortable with his selfishness...
Where the PDP members not in the house when they all agreed for that date?
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by AsuquoEKenn(m): 2:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
Ohhhhhh tanx God for democracy at least one is free to say his mind .Let no man or woman, APC ,PDP or anyone try to take away this singular right.On Tambuwa defection. To the best of my knowledge, democracy is a game of majority. I belived that formerly unknown Barrister Tambuwa became known and relevant just of this democracy.He was elected as a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on the plateform of PDP a party which he equally used as a plateform to become the Speaker, a plateform which he has dully served all this while until recently.To be honest Mr Tambawa has served his party without any infringements with his party members until near expiration of his tenure in 2015.Like the greate econimists said that human wants are unsatiable which has made him to display this human tendency by trying to seek further recognisance in APC. Good and fine. He being a barrister should have known history and how he came to be what he was. On the other hand, having studied other world's democracy, there is nowhere a minority member could have been selected as the speaker of the house of representative. please for those who are using the constitution as a yardstick go and make further references. Though our constitution which is just a product of the Nigerian or man as a whole is nothing but products of imperfection.Man from creation is imperfect hence his laws are not perfect, hence several constitutional ammendements as witness worldover.Those who are reading the Nigerian constitution knows fully that democracy is a game of number and there will never be any condition where a minority can be assigned such highly exalted position from a minority party. So my candid opinion is that Barrister Tambuwa should stop disturbing this country for his selfish interrest.He wants to become the governor of Sokoto state, good and fine but go and put your house in order. Tambuwa cannot eat his cake and have is. Due process must be followed to the later. Do not drag this country back please
Re: Reps Set For Showdown Over Move To Reconvene House by Max24: 9:22pm On Nov 04, 2014
arewafederation:

Simple question for you.... Did Tambuwal do anything unconstitutional?
If he did, the right thing for PDP to do is take him to court and not resort to illegal means... We are not animals my friend.
Its only in Nigeria that someone will commit murder in broad daylight, right in the presence of witnesses and still get away due to lawyers looking for loopholes in the law. And that's why we are not progressing. Bill Clinton almost lost his Presidency due to his indecency with Monica L. He had to appear before the US Senate and apologise to Americans. If it were Nigeria, no apology. Nigerian politicians will ask u to show them what is unconstitutional in indecency.Like i said before,morality and commonsense dictates that Tambuwal should not have done what he did even if its not directly written in that big book we call the Nigerian constitution. Must everything be in the constitution? UK, Canada, New Zealand etc don't have a written (or codified) constitution yet they have effective judicial system. The judges know when something does not make sense- like what Tambuwal did. The judges can set precedence by themselves without referring to any big book called the Constitution. Nigerian politicians should stop ridiculing us in the International community.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Return: There Is A Bigger Fraud Being Perpetrated - Saraki / Aviation Sector Is Collapsing —FG Cries Out / Labour Party Facial Effect On Tiktok (Video, Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.