Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience (9242 Views)

Phone Stolen More Than 7 Hours Ago, And Still Ringing. How Do I Track Location? / Phone Stolen, Can It Be Made Useless With The Imei No? / My Phone Stolen, Will The Robber Have Access To My Files If Code Broken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Mustay(m): 9:23am On Jul 02, 2008
eeya

Fight for ur rights o!

I can defend u in court grin
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by dragnet: 9:30am On Jul 02, 2008
Fight for how much?? N175 . .hw nice grin
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by jnoz23(m): 10:01am On Jul 02, 2008
After getting me drunk in sec school,my best buddy stole my first fone,a 6030.
I had gotten home b4 i noticed dat my fone had disapeared,so i ran back 2 his house to accost him,but he said he gave me & due 2 my drunken state,i didnt argue.
But d next day,i analyzed d whole situation and started tinking of ways to get ma fone back.
But i figured,he would sell it sharp sharp.
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by jnoz23(m): 10:38am On Jul 02, 2008
Can u imagine dat due to my gentle nature,he started playin with my intelligence.
A week lata,i hooked up with him & he told me dat one bros just bought d same type of fone 4 him,& wen i asked him if it was new,he said no.
Mehn!!! i was so sure it my fone.but wen i asked him to show me his fone,he started givin excuses.dat he is charging it,or he borrowed his paddy d fone,or d battery is dead or its in d house and he doesnt want 2 enter because his mother will disturb him,then he will ask wat i want 2 do with it.
All dat time,i neva lost my temper or gave my fears away.
Then one fine day,i caught him red handed with d fone,he had no option but to give it to me.and wen i checked d security code,
HOLY bleeping SHITE!!!
It waz none other than mine!
U see, i had changed d security code from 12345 to my fone numba.
Watch out for d final episode!
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by jnoz23(m): 10:51am On Jul 02, 2008
Nyway i gave him d fone back,and hired guys to beat d daylight out of him d next day.
My guy sick 4 two weeks,no fit stand up 4rm bed.
After dat,his mother returned d fone personally with apologies.
D ironic tin,waz dat i only used d fone 4 a week b4 d screen went blank.
And i had to get anoda fone.
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by samuelk(m): 12:10pm On Jul 02, 2008
Beating the shht out of him was the only wrong
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by jnoz23(m): 12:26pm On Jul 02, 2008
U tink so?
I live in a hood,where every small boi wants to be top nigga.
No sitting on d fence.
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by jnoz23(m): 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2008
abule 4 life
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by desgiezd(m): 1:44pm On Jul 02, 2008
I have lost two phones so far. The first one happened at about 8.30pm on a particular Sunday night in 2005, it was a Nokia 3400 and had just been released into the market. I was at a cyber cafe when I noticed some unusual movements around me. I didnt look up on time because I was engrossed in the surfing stuff. By the time I looked up, the guys - 3 of them, just beckoned on me to come over and I instantly stood up because one of them was holding a short gun while the other two were holding knives. They packed all of us inside a small room and made us to prostrate. With our own hands, and our faces on the floor, we were handing over handsets and money to them. This was directly opposite my residence along Ikorodu Road in Ketu, Lagos.

The second one happened also in Ketu at a bus stop called Tipper Garrage. It was on a Saturday evening in October, 2007. I was driving in from the Third Mainland Bridge and that particular bus stop was always a busy place. Traffic there was quite tight. There was a light shower and I rolled the window up but not completely. At a point, a boy came to my side of the car and started blabbing some senseless things, as he was doing that he was also banging on my door loudly. I knew something was going on but could place my hands on it. Shortly after that he disappeared, as I drove a few metres away from the place and was still thinking something was wrong. Suddenly, I remembered my phone and alas, it was gone. A Samsung D660 placed just under my hand brake. How someone squeezed himself to reach it where I kept it is still a mystery. I later called the number and negotiated. They asked for N4,000.00 and I was willing to pay. They appointed a place (Fruits market, just opposite Tipper Garage) and I went there but they refused to show up. Since that day, I have been keeping my phones in the pigeon hole provided at the side of the door, let's see who would reach them there.

I have also witnessed two incidents at Obalende in Lagos. I'll post them shortly.
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by dragnet: 1:55pm On Jul 02, 2008
desgiezd, hw abt ur pockets??

Which cafe was that?? The one that also houses a photography studio at d ground floor?? That just re-opend using direct on pc?
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Mustay(m): 2:25pm On Jul 02, 2008
desz

pigeon hole beside ur door huh grin

Who told u they can't [b]hop[/b]en u door?

samuelk:

Beating the shht out of him was the only wrong

true
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by hayprof(m): 2:53pm On Jul 02, 2008
D guy said he lives in a hood, he made d situatn clear. . .get It!

@drag, u dey watch too much of "Lagos Sense"
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Mustay(m): 3:32pm On Jul 02, 2008
abule is village not hood angry

My own abule is peaceful wid good schildren grin tongue
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by dragnet: 3:39pm On Jul 02, 2008
prof, hmm?? undecided
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by desgiezd(m): 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2008
dragnet:

desgiezd, hw about your pockets??

Which cafe was that?? The one that also houses a photography studio at d ground floor?? That just re-opend using direct on pc?

Dragnet, it is difficult retrieving a fone from the pocket while driving and a call comes in.

The cafe you mentioned is not the one where the incident happened. The cafe I talked about is just a few houses away from the one that uses DOPC dish, that is, when u move towards Iyana Sch Bus Stop. In fact, that cafe is almost dead now because that sort of incident happened there again after about three months and guys are now refusing to patronise the place.
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by hayprof(m): 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2008
@drag, a Tv programme on MitV. .
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by dragnet: 11:14pm On Jul 03, 2008
desgiezd, oh dat 0ne!! Yup d place is scanty. . .ppz just took solace there when d other 1 shut down

prof, d only program I kip u wt is el cuerpo del deseo
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by samuelk(m): 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2008
Oga o,a lota people are crazy are crazy bowt dis programme
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by sy2000(f): 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2008
LOl, i was careless about my phone. I was really hungry that day so i decided to go to Mcdonald. While eating, i was talking on the phone so after my conversion, i placed my phone on the table. Normally after using my phone, i put it in my bag or in my pocket but that day i seriously forgot. so right after i finish eating 2 mcchikens, i decided to go to the restroom forgetting that my phone was on the table. And Behold, before i came back for my phone after rememberin i left it on the table, it was gone. I was so mad because it was a sidekick phone i just got it like 2 weeks ago------- but i was lucky because the phone was insured.
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by hayprof(m): 6:20pm On Jul 05, 2008
sy2000:

----- but i was lucky because the phone was insured. . .

2 chiken got your 2 weeks phone lost in 2 mins ?

well, am Glad insurance works over there. . I wish that for Naija! wink
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by talk2medo(m): 11:23pm On Jul 05, 2008
Hum!!! No Be Niaja that one go happen. Insurance ke!
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Mustay(m): 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2008
u know the insurance sector don go 'renewnation'

which naija insurance company would do that?
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by hayprof(m): 9:28pm On Jul 09, 2008
I wondered 0oo!
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Kaybaba5(m): 7:05pm On Aug 19, 2008
i culd remember the time my boss sent me on errand within Abeokuta metropolis,when i arrived at shapon i tried to board taxi to iberekodo whereas some guys entered d cab with me b4 i know what is happening,my Nec 313 is gone with 128mb mmc which i bought at d rate of #16000 in 2005.i was shocked and confused because of hw to buy new one
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by talk2medo(m): 9:56am On Aug 20, 2008
Hey Yah!!
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Mustay(m): 9:09am On Aug 21, 2008
Actually, I've lost no phone till date cool
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by hayprof(m): 9:49am On Aug 21, 2008
@Qwester, move ova to the Adverts Section* pls. angry
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by chrisemi(m): 10:02am On Aug 21, 2008
keep on formulating stories nd lies simply because of 1,500naira 4 backup sim abi na sim backup.rubbish.
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by hayprof(m): 10:05am On Aug 21, 2008
You can even get the device for #1,200 last! cheesy
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Ogboraph(m): 2:41pm On Aug 21, 2008
Kai its very painful and distabilizes someone. Guys i realy didnt want to say it. But i just have to. Cos i cant believe that me TOO RO . Could lost my N70me without trase. Men i just cant stay with out Browsing that i have to get a tokumbo N70me before 24 hours and to pay in two installment.
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Holyrule(m): 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2008
Me i don loose my phone,no be one,no be two no be 3. The story about my phone funny oh! I keep my peace.
One love all. Keep on loosing,it's normal,man must wack!
Re: Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience by Ogboraph(m): 7:10pm On Aug 21, 2008
Who the man that must wark.? Do u mean those fapping people phone?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Application For China Phones (help) / Twitter Doubles Tweet Length For Some Users / Blackberry OS 10.3.1 Cool New Features Plus Blackberry OS 10.3.1.938 Autoloader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.