Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:26 AM

Ten Questions To Theists - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ten Questions To Theists (10180 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? / Abortion In Nigeria: Legality, Morality And The Fear Of God (theists, Deists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by freeradical(m): 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2014
Pr0ton:

So you rather put you faith in evolution. If you must know evolution is a process that cannot kick-start itself. What set that ball of evolution rolling in the first place.
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
freeradical:

Follow the 2 greatest commandments.....Love God and Love your neighbour. I bet if you do you have found the way wink

Didn't your bible claim Jesus said take the log out of your eyes before helping another. Why must you love a "supposedly" loving being? That is a selfish commandment.

Talk about loving your neighbor, isn't that what a normal person should do? Did the Bible god justify that commandment by asking the Jews to annihilate their neighbors?
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by urheme: 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2014
ifeness:

Well like i said, men are responsible for all atrocities committed,including the creation of a God to brainwash people to divert their attention away from the main culprits. There is no God,only a fool will fall for the trap. After all the name of the first slave ship to leave Africa with slaves was called "Good Ship Jesus" The only way to stop a slave from retaliating is by converting them to Christianity.

That is history.
Religion has taken a dimention that is more worrisome these days, it is now an avenue for committing crimes such as fraud, stealing, cheating, rituals, murder etc

The christian religion have placed followers in state of untold hardship and their counterpart religion in nigeria is a tales of woes, yet it does not displace the existence of a loving God. This is my view.
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by freeradical(m): 10:44pm On Nov 01, 2014
ifeness:

Didn't your bible claim Jesus said take the log out of your eyes before helping another. Why must you love a "supposedly" loving being? That is a selfish commandment.

Talk about loving your neighbor, isn't that what a normal person should do? Did the Bible god justify that commandment by asking the Jews to annihilate their neighbors?

Yes God is loving and he extends that love to every of his creatures but he also expects you to reciprocate that love. When you give love of course it makes sense to expect love in return. Out of love he created man specially to have a higher reasoning power(not like the primitive life-forms that predate him) in his own image and likeness.

There is nothing normal about loving your neighbour because if it's as simple as you say a lot of the evil in the world today will not exist. Even many xtians find it difficult to truly love God and their neighbour...what most people do is lip service!
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 01, 2014
freeradical:

Yes God is loving and he extends that love to every of his creatures but he also expects you to reciprocate that love. When you give love of course it makes sense to expect love in return. Out of love he created man specially to have a higher reasoning power(not like the primitive life-forms that predate him) in his own image and likeness.

There is nothing normal about loving your neighbour because if it's as simple as you say a lot of the evil in the world today will not exist. Even many xtians find it difficult to truly love God and their neighbour...what most people do is lip service!

Please use the word "Bible God" because there is no God. There is no evidence,there can't be one. I am absolutely sure such an evil monster does not exist in our reality. Creation can never be attributed to the Bible God. I am not convinced that character described by the bible is intelligent enough to create our beautiful and mysterious planet. Lets leave creation and evolution to the experts. I'm very sure you visit the doctor when you fall ill and not a pastor.

I do not have to love my neighbor,it only makes sense to be in harmony with people around us. I need to love myself first before loving someone else.

4 Likes

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 01, 2014
urheme:

That is history.
Religion has taken a dimention that is more worrisome these days, it is now an avenue for committing crimes such as fraud, stealing, cheating, rituals, murder etc

The christian religion have placed followers in state of untold hardship and their counterpart religion in nigeria is a tales of woes, yet it does not displace the existence of a loving God. This is my view.

What is the use of a loving Bible God when their is suffering all over the planet. I make sure my car and apartment are tidy and neat all the time.If there were a "God" such a being would keep the planet tidy without asking for worship. Is that too difficult for your god to do? well unless its got emotional issues.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by urheme: 10:55pm On Nov 01, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin if laughs could kill.....
This post is too funny

plaetton:

Yeah, you have tried regular coke, now try diet coke.

It is much more refreshing, better flavor, less calories, and only 50kobo less than your previous bottle.

And for a limited time only, buy one christ and get the holy ghost and the father absolutely free. It's a buy one god get two free special promotion ( The devil and demons come seperately ).
Try it now.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by freeradical(m): 10:58pm On Nov 01, 2014
ifeness:

Please use the word "Bible God" because there is no God. There is no evidence,there can't be one. I am absolutely sure such an evil monster does not exist in our reality. Creation can never be attributed to the Bible God. I am not convinced that character described by the bible is not intelligent enough to create out beautiful and mysterious planet. Lets leave creation and evolution to the experts. I'm very sure you visit the doctor when you fall ill and not a pastor.

I do not have to love my neighbor,it only makes sense to be in harmony with people around us. I need to love myself first before loving someone else.

There is also no evidence to back HIS non-existence my brother so we are tied in between grin. I and many others like me choose to attribute creation to him....you just have to stomach that. Of course I do visit the doc when i fell under the weather....its the most reasonable thing to do. God made us in his image so we can advance in science and medicine for our own good wink.

So you do not love yourself? shocked
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2014
freeradical:

There is also no evidence to back HIS non-existence my brother so we are tied in between grin. I and many others like me choose to attribute creation to him....you just have to stomach that. Of course I do visit the doc when i fell under the weather....its the most reasonable thing to do. God made us in his image so we can advance in science and medicine for our own good wink.

So you do not love yourself? shocked

We are not tied because there is no evidence Santa-clause doesn't exist. There is no evidence you do not have a billion pounds in your bank account.But your lifestyle will show if you are a billionaire or not. Therefore we need to see the evidence of the Christian's sky sugar daddy in his followers lives. Most of them are obviously under-achievers,living from hand to mouth with their pastors massively wealthy,moving about in spacecrafts.

I love myself of course,if I don't i cannot love another.

1 Like

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by urheme: 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2014
ifeness:

What is the use of a loving Bible God when their is suffering all over the planet. I make sure my car and apartment are tidy and neat all the time.If there were a "God" such a being would keep the planet tidy without asking for worship. Is that too difficult for your god to do? well unless its got emotional issues.

If you need an answer to that then,
I will say it is not God's duty to look after you, His job stopped after creating you.

The holy books told you to worship, God does not need you to worship Him, the stones does that.
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 01, 2014
urheme:

If you need an answer to that then,
I will say it is not God's duty to look after you, His job stopped after creating you.

The holy books told you to worship, God does not need you to worship Him, the stones does that.

I do not worship BMW because they manufactured my car. In fact they service the car for free for me for a couple of years. It is barbaric to worship anyone,especially worshiping something without evidence.
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by freeradical(m): 11:13pm On Nov 01, 2014
ifeness:

We are not tied because there is no evidence Santa-clause doesn't exist. There is no evidence you do not have a billion pounds in your bank account.But your lifestyle will show if you are a billionaire or not. Therefore we need to see the evidence of the Christian's sky sugar daddy in his followers lives. [b]Most of them are obviously under-achievers,living from hand to mouth [/b]with their pastors massively wealthy,moving about in spacecrafts.

I love myself of course,if I don't i cannot love another.

@ bolded:That is so untrue....there are many Children of God who are well to do finiacially. As for the pastors ripping of the people and moving about in spaceships my advice to you is Let not another's lifestyle be the reason for your unbelief.

Personally I see every evidence in God's existence. Even my journey into science helped to affirm my belief in God. As a biochemist I have come to learn about organisation of life from the interaction and organisation of simple macromolecules. There is no way all of what we know about life can make sense to me if there is not a God-that I refuse to accept!
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
freeradical:

@ bolded:That is so untrue....there are many Children of God who are well to do finiacially. As for the pastors ripping of the people and moving about in spaceships my advice to you is Let not another's lifestyle be the reason for your unbelief.

Personally I see every evidence in God's existence. Even my journey into science helped to affirm my belief in God. As a biochemist I have come to learn about organisation of life from the interaction and organisation of simple macromolecules. There is no way all of what we know about life can make sense to me if there is not a God-that I refuse to accept!

90% of Christians are financially poor. The pastors are the Gods and the Bible is a tool they use to protect themselves " Touch not my anointing" But we do know no one anointed them.

You see evidence in the Bible god's existence? Can you elaborate please?
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by emeths: 11:22pm On Nov 01, 2014
@op, I can see you are an amateur atheist. your questions are so dumb. if you are an intelligent thinker as you claim, you will find the explanations around you. I wish you luck in your quest, shalom.
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by urheme: 11:22pm On Nov 01, 2014
You can be good without religion, worshiping something does not make you a good person either.

I acknoweledge God in my life because he works within me, i don't look for God any where other than within my self.

You want proof of evidence for God, i advise you to look within your self, check your conscience you may find the answers you want.

ifeness:

I do not worship BMW because they manufactured my car. In fact they service the car for free for me for a couple of years. It is barbaric to worship anyone,especially worshiping something without evidence.
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by freeradical(m): 11:33pm On Nov 01, 2014
ifeness:

90% of Christians are financially poor. The pastors are the Gods and the Bible is a tool they use to protect themselves " Touch not my anointing" But we do know no one anointed them.

You see evidence in the Bible god's existence? Can you elaborate please?
You keep jumping between God and bible God. We are talking about the existence of God or not(theism or atheism). Or do you believe there is a God even though it is most def not the Bible description of him?
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by macof(m): 11:41pm On Nov 01, 2014
freeradical:

There you are wrong bro. To believe in God or not to believe in God has nothing to do with your intellect. It comes from deep within an individual. I have a big laugh when I see the way atheist pride themselves as intellectually superior to arderents of other religion. Faith is what guides every soul. While the Christians/muslims choose to put their faith in God throu the tenets thought by their various religions you macof chose to put yours in the gods your ancestors worship while the atheist put their faith in the idea that God doesnt exist. To each his own belief. Now how does where one chooses to put his/her faith add to his intellect. Even if an atheist tries to sell the idea of atheism to me with all the strongest of arguments he can conjure for some reason I still will choose to be a christian. The same is expected if the roles are reversed and I was the one trying to sell christianity to an atheist. We both know that we have individuals of high intellect in both sides of the divide(theist and atheist) so lets come to terms with reality that atheism doesnt make people smarter.

You jst proved my point. Christians like u are morons
If you were intelligent u would realize that I never said atheism makes anybody intelligent
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by macof(m): 11:57pm On Nov 01, 2014
plaetton:

Energy is the only thing that we know to be self existent.
Unless, of course, you want to say that god is energy. Be my guest.
Plaetton this is epic

We however know that the religious mind would refuse to call his God energy because a religious mind only sees myths as reality. So to him God acts like a humanoid

Like joshthefirst, a religious person would rather make a fool of himself by saying Energy has a creator which is God, who lives in heaven watching our every move as he prepares hell for those who refuse to worship his son who was actually a Jewish man

3 Likes

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 02, 2014
freeradical:

You keep jumping between God and bible God. We are talking about the existence of God or not(theism or atheism). Or do you believe there is a God even though it is most def not the Bible description of him?

God is everything i can see around me. I do not need to worship them,but respect them.

I dislike the word "God" because its been hijacked by religion.
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by macof(m): 12:01am On Nov 02, 2014
urheme:

Thanks bro but the problem is people are no longer seeking the face of God, they are being led into delusion by business men who they call men of god.

Do you really think religion is a way to God?

very funny. If at all you a Christian wants to speak against religion you should take note that God(which ever one u prefer) is the integral element of that religion

So u can't take a God out of the religion that worships it
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 02, 2014
urheme:
You can be good without religion, worshiping something does not make you a good person either.

I acknoweledge God in my life because he works within me, i don't look for God any where other than within my self.

You want proof of evidence for God, i advise you to look within your self, check your conscience you may find the answers you want.

Does the God within you require tithe and offering,worship or a religious book?
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by macof(m): 12:06am On Nov 02, 2014
urheme:
Q10. Of what use is God,s existence

To make you behave well so you don't become a rebel.

If u only behave well because of fear in a God then you are a natural psychopath

then we can say religion should be used strictly as a rehab measure for criminals not for the general public

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Kay17: 12:36am On Nov 02, 2014
freeradical:

And because there is an interaction and organisation of simple macromolecules, you then made an assumption that all biological life necessarily have a Creator, right? How intelligent!
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by freeradical(m): 1:51am On Nov 02, 2014
macof:

You jst proved my point. Christians like u are morons
If you were intelligent u would realize that I never said atheism makes anybody intelligent

U are just one confused fellow. A theist that cannot hold his ground in the face of an atheist because of his hate for a fellow theist. I never said I was intelligent did I.....why will a genius like yourself make that inference? Maybe you are not as intelligent as you think grin grin grin
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by freeradical(m): 1:54am On Nov 02, 2014
ifeness:

God is everything i can see around me. I do not need to worship them,but respect them.

I dislike the word "God" because its been hijacked by religion.

That settles it then.....you agree there is God just that but not like various religions describe HIM/IT.
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by freeradical(m): 1:56am On Nov 02, 2014
Kay17:

And because there is an interaction and organisation of simple macromolecules, you then made an assumption that all biological life necessarily have a Creator, right? How intelligent!

Are you a biochemist? Do you understand much about the concept of life? I will like to know your field before i engage you in this section of discourse. So as not to bore you with scientific jargon.
What I am trying to say is that these macromolecules arent that simple when it comes to how they interact to make life as we know it even possible. The complexity of the whole thing makes it impossible for the whole process to have occured in that fashion merely by chance. There is so much order in the way life processes are carried out. Glycolysis and gluconeogenesis are 2 opposite pathways of glucose metabolism but they can never occur simultaneously in the same cell else the cell will encounter what we biochemist call a 'metabolic disaster'. Hence when one is running the other is tightly regulated. Even the gene structure is so mysterious. Do you know that a large fraction of the human genome codes for no known protein but if u splice it off the organism cannot exist.

And please you guys(atheists) should stop shouting intelligence each tym you argue with theist. Make you point and move on. I bet none of you can beat the average xtian in an IQ test yet you somehow like to stroke your ego with the fact that you are sounding smarter. Jeez you guys should outgrow that fallacy please grin grin grin grin
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:16am On Nov 02, 2014
plaetton:

Try to think about this for a second.

Your omnipotent and omniscient god creates a chaotic world for you, a sort of turbulent ocean, buts asks you to swim well and steadfastly because a paradise island, a paradise kingdom is waiting for you on the far horizon, if you manage not to drown in this turbulent ocean he has created for you.
Is that your position?
If so, does that make god even sensible?
...this application of reasoning & logical thinking is a sin to the 'faithful' christian mind! I rebuke the 'devil' speaking through you in jesus name!

2 Likes

Re: Ten Questions To Theists by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:40am On Nov 02, 2014
freeradical:

Are you a biochemist? Do you understand much about the concept of life? I will like to know your field before i engage you in this section of discourse. So as not to bore you with scientific jargon.
What I am trying to say is that these macromolecules arent that simple when it comes to how they interact to make life as we know it even possible. The complexity of the whole thing makes it impossible for the whole process to have occured in that fashion merely by chance. There is so much order in the way life processes are carried out. Glycolysis and gluconeogenesis are 2 opposite pathways of glucose metabolism but they can never occur simultaneously in the same cell else the cell will encounter what we biochemist call a 'metabolic disaster'. Hence when one is running the other is tightly regulated. Even the gene structure is so mysterious. Do you know that a large fraction of the human genome codes for no known protein but if u splice it off the organism cannot exist.

And please you guys(atheists) should stop shouting intelligence each tym you argue with theist. Make you point and move on. I bet none of you can beat the average xtian in an IQ test yet you somehow like to stroke your ego with the fact that you are sounding smarter. Jeez you guys should outgrow that fallacy please grin grin grin grin
Okay. You think you are cool now abi? Okay what purpose did Yahweh have in mind when 25% of Africans started having the horrific sickle cell gene? what purpose did god have in mind when he created the genes/chromosomes for functional&congenital disordes such as G-6-PD deficiency or Huntingtons chorea? what purpose does the it serve serve for some humans to be born without their reproductive organs e.g Mayer-Rokitansky-Kauster-Hauser syndrome? Are these the handiwork of a perfect, omnipotent ,omniscient,loving& merciful god?
I have also noted that religion actually becomes more dangerous in the hands of the compliant educated mind; all the bombers of 9/11 were graduates from schools in USA! Dear biochemist , your advanced knowledge in your field does not preclude your ability to manifest an astounding level of cognitive dissonance.
I know that 3.5billion years of evolutionary trial and error can fine-tune the evolutionary biochemical processes in the most complex of biological organisms and also that abnormalities we still get to see are testimonials of the evolutionary process...things can still go wrong despite the billions of years!
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by urheme: 7:23am On Nov 02, 2014
macof:

If u only behave well because of fear in a God then you are a natural psychopath

then we can say religion should be used strictly as a rehab measure for criminals not for the general public

Macof, i don't need your insult this sunday morning.

Every nigerian has a criminal tendecy, so why not?
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by urheme: 7:26am On Nov 02, 2014
ifeness:

No
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by urheme: 7:30am On Nov 02, 2014
ifeness:

No.

Those things you just mentioned are the real instrulments of church fraud, these aclaimed men of gods use it to box their deluded followers, not all though.

Some people go to church to get business or to steal the offerings.
Re: Ten Questions To Theists by urheme: 7:51am On Nov 02, 2014
macof:

very funny. If at all you a Christian wants to speak against religion you should take note that God(which ever one u prefer) is the integral element of that religion

So u can't take a God out of the religion that worships it

Thank you for laying ambush.

I know where you are going, pls just come back.
I don't believe in religion, i believe in God and ii don't see all the religions put together as a way to God,
Religion was once a leadership theory, then an instrulment of domination by the rulers, now it is in the hands of private business men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Be A Nigerian Pastor – By Segun Dada / Question To Pastor Chris On The Relevance Of Tithing In Christ / Death Is Not The Worst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.