Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,536 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Death Is Not The Worst - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Death Is Not The Worst (10149 Views)

The Fake Prophecy About TB Joshua’s Death Is Not From Me - Prophet / Olagorioye Faleyimu: "TB Joshua’s Death Is Near, Buhari Will Rule For 8 Years" / Joyce Meyer Death Is A Canard! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death Is Not The Worst by PastorOluT(m): 6:43am On Jan 10, 2015
Over the years people have always thought of death as the worse thing that can ever happen to man, but this is very wrong because there is more to our lives than here and now. We are created for far more and death couldn't have been the end of such intricately created being such as us, it is just a passage or transition into the real world we are truly meant for this present one is just a shadow of the one to come.

God created us a spirit who has a soul and live in a body (flesh), so though we die in the flesh and loses our earthly container to decay, our actual self continue to live on for all eternity because we are created spirit to live forever. We use our spirit to contact the spiritual realm (this is the reason we can actually connect with God and other creatures can't), while we use our soul to cantact the intellectual realm (the soul consist of the will, the mind which comprises of intellect n senses, and the emotions), and lastly the body (our earthly tent which keeps us here on earth) to contact the physical realm. This is the reason though many at times we are ignorant of who we truly are, but we get a taste of the spiritual once in a while in dreams, vision, trance, intuition etc, this is a way of God reminding us of we truly are. So concluding life is no more than this is just being ingnorant and very short sighted, and not living purposeful life in this present one in preparation for the one to come it calamitious and the effect is far reaching.

A life without purpose is the worst that could happen to anyone, because we are all put here for a reason and a purpose that we might please the father. And we know purpose only and actually start with Christ Jesus because in Him we live, move and have our being, so developing a relationship and walking with Him brings you into a purposeful living. A wise man once said, "some people dies at 20 years but only get buried at 80 years", this is actually talking about poeple living purposeless lives even after the age of 20 and continue like that for good numbers of decades till they eventually dies. So obviously a life without purpose is the worst thing that could ever happen to anyone. But for anyone to even discover his purpose and start walking in it, he needs to encounter Jesus and walk with Him which only then will the true meaning of life be unveiled and he will be able to live a meaningful live that he was created for.

For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), [d] recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].

Ephesians 2:10 (Amplified Bible)

Stay blessed and remain rapturable

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Death Is Not The Worst by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 10, 2015
It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.... The words of Dumbledore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Death Is Not The Worst by SeverusSnape(m): 8:09am On Jan 10, 2015
youngpol:
It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.... The words of Dumbledore.
Yeah... but I can't remember, was it me he said it to?. I'm professor Snape.
Re: Death Is Not The Worst by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 10, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Yeah... but I can't remember, was it me he said it to?. I'm professor Snape.
Nah. He said it to Harry, On dat nite you killed him...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Death Is Not The Worst by SeverusSnape(m): 10:59am On Jan 10, 2015
youngpol:
Nah. He said it to Harry, On dat nite you killed him...
Oh!...Thanks, It was all for good though.
Re: Death Is Not The Worst by Oluwason(m): 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2015
?
Re: Death Is Not The Worst by PastorOluT(m): 6:34am On Jan 23, 2015
We are created for far more and death couldnt have been the end, so where do u spend the rest of ur life after death?
Re: Death Is Not The Worst by davien(m): 7:51am On Jan 23, 2015
PastorOluT:
We are created for far more and death couldnt have been the end, so where do u spend the rest of ur life after death?
do dead people still have lives?
Re: Death Is Not The Worst by CAPTIVATOR: 10:10am On Jan 23, 2015
PastorOluT:

Define Death ?
Re: Death Is Not The Worst by PastorOluT(m): 10:18am On Jan 23, 2015
davien:

Yes of course, God is not a God of the dead but of the living.

Luke 20
37 Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.
38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

3 Likes

Re: Death Is Not The Worst by edogho(m): 10:19am On Jan 23, 2015
davien:
good question. let me see anyone try to answer this...... do dead people still have lives?
Re: Death Is Not The Worst by PastorOluT(m): 10:38am On Jan 23, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

Define Death ?

Death is the transition of life from the flesh which as a result render the flesh useless and ineffective till decay sets in. This does not mean the end of man because he is more that just the flesh, there is something that makes the flesh alive which is the life of God in man and that life is his spirit.

Man is a spirit who has a soul and lives in a body.

1 Like

Re: Death Is Not The Worst by CAPTIVATOR: 11:15am On Jan 24, 2015
PastorOluT:

Death is the transition of life from the flesh which as a result render the flesh useless and ineffective till decay sets in.

WE NEED A WORKING DEFINITION

ACCORDING to your definition, "death" is a transition to another life ! Okay, remember all LIVING THINGS EXPERIENCE " DEATH" ..... So according to ur definition if my Dog experience "death" , it is transferred to another life ?

3 Likes

Re: Death Is Not The Worst by Hiswordxray(m): 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

ACCORDING to your definition, "death" is a transition to another life ! Okay, remember all LIVING THINGS EXPERIENCE " DEATH" ..... So according to ur definition if my Dog experience "death" , it is transferred to another life ?
So you and your dog are the same being?

2 Likes

Re: Death Is Not The Worst by CAPTIVATOR: 3:10pm On Jan 24, 2015
Hiswordxray:

So you and your dog are the same being?

Case closed ## ..... Its clear your definition of death is defined according to the myth of religion. AND NOT A TRUE DEFINITION that fits all sentences where the word "death" appears

Keep on swimmin in the lies, myths and propaganda of religion

2 Likes

Re: Death Is Not The Worst by Hiswordxray(m): 4:43pm On Jan 24, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

Case closed ## ..... Its clear your definition of death is defined according to the myth of religion. AND NOT A TRUE DEFINITION that fits all sentences where the word "death" appears

Keep on swimmin in the lies, myths and propaganda of religion
What myth?
Re: Death Is Not The Worst by PastorOluT(m): 4:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

Smile, I get where u driving at, but understand that human is quite different from animal and cant be compared. But to oblige u, death is the ceasation of life in the body which brings about the decay of the body.

Now when we say life, what kind of life are we talking about? Man is made up spirit, soul and body, the spirit of man in the body gives life to the body. So even though the body dies cos the spirit departs from it, the spirit still lives on. Do u believe the bible?
Re: Death Is Not The Worst by CAPTIVATOR: 6:32pm On Jan 24, 2015
PastorOluT:

Smile, I get where u driving at, but understand that human is quite different from man and cant be compared. But to oblige u, death is the ceasation of life in the body which brings about the decay of the body.

Now when we say life, what kind of life are we talking about? Man is made up spirit, soul and body, the spirit of man in the body gives life to the body. So even though the body dies cos the spirit departs from it, the spirit still lives on. Do u believe the bible?

YES, I believe the bible ! But answer this:

1) what is the spirit in man ?

2) is it the same with the breath of life ??

3) do animals have spirit in them ??

4) do animals possess the breath of life too ??

5) if the spirit in man that returns to God at death is an entity on its own ( that scripture says all spirit returns to God), didnt that means everyone either good, bad, righteous , unrighteous will go to heaven since God dwells in heaven ??

6) Why would the bible say "the dead do not praise God" ( psalm 115:17) IF THEY ARE ALIVE WITH GOD AS SPIRIT IN HEAVEN ??

7) was Jesus in heaven with God, the day his spirit left him ( Luk 23:46) ??

1 Like

Re: Death Is Not The Worst by PastorOluT(m): 12:17pm On Jan 25, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

YES, I believe the bible ! But answer this:

1) what is the spirit in man ?

2) is it the same with the breath of life ??

3) do animals have spirit in them ??

4) do animals possess the breath of life too ??

5) if the spirit in man that returns to God at death is an entity on its own ( that scripture says all spirit returns to God), didnt that means everyone either good, bad, righteous , unrighteous will go to heaven since God dwells in heaven ??

6) Why would the bible say "the dead do not praise God" ( psalm 115:17) IF THEY ARE ALIVE WITH GOD AS SPIRIT IN HEAVEN ??

7) was Jesus in heaven with God, the day his spirit left him ( Luk 23:46) ??

Ok I will answer ur questions by numbering accordingly.

1 The spirit of man is the life (Spirit) of God given to man which makes him Godlike. Now this is different from that of other creatures cos none was created in the image of God. Maybe u should do a little study on the image of God?

2 Not really but it definitely came as a result of the breath of life. The breath of life brought about the spirit of man and he became consciuos having a soul (the faculty of reasoning. emotion and will).

3 Obviously no, animals do not possess spirit cos though they were created by the breath, the breath only make them to become conscious and have soul bt not spirit.

4 Yes animals also possess the breath of life according to the scriptures.

5 Their returning to God doesnt mean to Heaven, remember all would stand judgment before God, so do all men not ultimately return to God?

6 Smile, this one sound so funny to me cos obviously u do nt understand death spiritually. There is a spiritual death and a physical death, those that are spiritually dead can never praise God. But surely I will not be biased to the context that was said (meaning physical death). Obviously men of old were limited in the world beyond, so not knowing wether the dead praise God or not. But also this can also be explained from the spiritual point too u know? Remember when Jesus said let the dead bury their dead?

7. I cant claim to possess knowledge to all, there are so much we are yet to know as concerning the transition of the old testament to the New, so I cant categorically says where He was. But obviously the bible says when He resurrected He was yet to reveal Himself to His father. But surely there was a paradise and He went there after death, so the question is where was paradise?

2 Likes

Re: Death Is Not The Worst by PastorOluT(m): 12:21pm On Jan 25, 2015
Sorry no scriptures attached, was using my phone n just came back from church. Though they are all scriptural n it will be provided as we discuss

1 Like

Re: Death Is Not The Worst by trisha01(f): 9:49pm On Feb 12, 2015
m jus hia to make front page smiley
Re: Death Is Not The Worst by bwgist: 9:49pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hmmm, post fron Jan 10 just made FP .... Hope...
Re: Death Is Not The Worst by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
Lols.

Who is me?

Re: Death Is Not The Worst by saxwizard(m): 9:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
bwgist:
Hmmm, post fron Jan 10 just made FP .... Hope...
Lol
Re: Death Is Not The Worst by adeoluadeola: 9:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
Become a professional web developer in just 2 months!
Learn all available web programming languages including (HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT)... and lots for FREE!
>> http://www.erisanolasheni..com/
Hurry Now Offer Closes Soon!
Re: Death Is Not The Worst by nanizle(m): 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2015

Re: Death Is Not The Worst by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2015
undecided

PASTOR SPARE US THIS BS

WE ALL KNOW ALL YOU WANT IS TO AMASS MORE GULLIBLE FOLLOWERS FOR MORE TITHES AND OFFERINGS
Re: Death Is Not The Worst by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
When a good thing goes bad is not the end of the world.
Re: Death Is Not The Worst by BUSHHUNTER: 9:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
MEANING?
Re: Death Is Not The Worst by englishmart(m): 9:54pm On Feb 12, 2015
a dead person is like a labourer granted rest.
The life we live isn't ours.
So whoever dies is at gain.

Just die, go to heaven and live your own life.
gringrin
Re: Death Is Not The Worst by OASTITE: 9:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
Are domestic animals created for some purpose too?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oritsejafor Re-elected As CAN President / What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) / Daddy Hezekiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.