Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,114 members, 7,953,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:53 PM

Conspiracy Theories: A Defensive Mechanism Against Leaks? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Conspiracy Theories: A Defensive Mechanism Against Leaks? (416 Views)

Panama Papers Leaks: Nigerians 'praying' As The World Is Outraged / Biafra, Sincerity, Strategy, Justice And Mechanism / STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Conspiracy Theories: A Defensive Mechanism Against Leaks? by fr3do(m): 2:53pm On Nov 01, 2014
Nothing unites the people of a country like a discussion filled with conspiracy theories about a perceived enemy nation! Conspiracy theories personally give me a rush, but I don't indulge too much for the sake of my sanity.
Conspiracy theories aren't all disadvantageous for the entity they are directed at, an entity with a pool of conspiracy theories trailing it won't be so worried about leaks and anonymous whistle blowers and the controversies they bring, because with no authority (unanonymous whistle blower) or evidence attached to such information it will be left in the pool and not acted upon.

The nasty ebola-chan prank made conspiracies (not necessarily true or false) about Ebola being a bioengineered virus less convincing and the conspirators look silly.

So is there a chance that agencies and other organizations sponsor conspiracy theories directed towards themselves?

(1) (Reply)

Longer Night Shorter Day / Solution To Boko Haram Challenge / Panicky Jonathan Wants Defence Minister Aliyu Gusau As VP;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.