Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,543 members, 7,850,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:09 AM

What Do You Think About You Name? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Think About You Name? (988 Views)

What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? / What Do You Think About A 50/50 Marriage? / What Do You Think About The Ongoing Kola Boof/Djimon Hounsou/Kimora Fab Saga?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About You Name? by plappville(f): 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2008
Some People say that names given to us by our parents has some significant to how we behave in reality. What do you think about name and how it affect us? do you think yoUr name has something to do with Ur character? or have u ever change ur name because you do not like it or for other reasons??
Re: What Do You Think About You Name? by SeanT21(f): 8:13am On Nov 20, 2008
My name has alot of history behind it.I was born Edwina Tomah Peace Gbargaye.When My Mom Left My Dad,My step dad changed my name to AFFI PEACE WHITE.People usually call me AFFI.Its Ghanaian For Friday.Your Character Have absolutely nothing to do with Your name.Your Name does not DEFINE YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL!!

Whats in a name?
Re: What Do You Think About You Name? by iice(f): 8:39am On Nov 20, 2008
To a certain degree i think yes. My name and my appearance mesh but my character erhhh does not grin
My bro was aptly named. I called him destroyer when we were kids grin. I didn't like my name in highschool because there were about 4 people in the school with that name ughhh. I wanted something like Oscar or Maximillian grin grin Yeah didn't quite take with everyone undecided
Re: What Do You Think About You Name? by plappville(f): 1:54pm On Nov 20, 2008
iice:

To a certain degree i think yes. My name and my appearance mesh but my character erhhh does not grin
My bro was aptly named. I called him destroyer when we were kids grin. I didn't like my name in highschool because there were about 4 people in the school with that name ughhh. I wanted something like Oscar or Maximillian grin grin Yeah didn't quite take with everyone undecided

My own name was something with stronge meaning. I think it has to do with a past bad event or so.
I hate when i was called by this name because of it's negetive meaning, it means, My enemies are more than my friends shocked how could one be happy that his enemies are more than his/her friends? i wonder why i should be bearing a weird name like that, i had to change it to (a sent smelling flower) which does really match my person and appearance.

(Maximillia) Maxime is my son's name smiley
Very beautiful.
Re: What Do You Think About You Name? by plappville(f): 2:03pm On Nov 20, 2008
SeanT21:

My name has alot of history behind it.I was born Edwina Tomah Peace Gbargaye.When My Mom Left My Dad,My step dad changed my name to AFFI PEACE WHITE.People usually call me AFFI.Its Ghanaian For Friday.Your Character Have absolutely nothing to do with Your name.Your Name does not DEFINE YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL!!

Whats in a name?

You may be right ooo, but i know one guy that is called WORRIOR, shocked shocked the guy dey worry dey go like no man's business his friends have adviced him to change his name but he refused.
Re: What Do You Think About You Name? by iice(f): 5:58pm On Nov 20, 2008
plappville:

My own name was something with stronge meaning. I think it has to do with a past bad event or so.
I hate when i was called by this name because of it's negetive meaning, it means, My enemies are more than my friends shocked how could one be happy that his enemies are more than his/her friends? i wonder why i should be bearing a weird name like that, i had to change it to (a sent smelling flower) which does really match my person and appearance.

LOL! grin grin My sis also wanted to change her name, but she decided to settle for making sure her kids have 'bam' names grin
Awww maxime, cool. Like that name smiley
Re: What Do You Think About You Name? by plappville(f): 11:21am On Nov 21, 2008
iice:

LOL! grin grin My sis also wanted to change her name, but she decided to settle for making sure her kids have 'bam' names grin
Awww maxime, cool. Like that name smiley

Is she finding it difficult to change her name or what?

Yes is better she mind the names she give to her kids, u know those days parents name their children in parable names, some names are really troublesom expecially those from a polygamous family grin grin
May God help us to choose nice and cute names for our children.
Re: What Do You Think About You Name? by Gamine(f): 11:26am On Nov 21, 2008
My name means Praise, its hard to pronounce as many people say, but thats why i love it! grin
My english name isnt too common either
Re: What Do You Think About You Name? by Moyola(f): 11:33am On Nov 21, 2008
plappville:

Some People say that names given to us by our parents has some significant to how we behave in reality.

it sometime does. . . .  undecided

plappville:

do you think yoUr name has something to do with Ur character?

In a way yeah. . . .  smiley

plappville:

or have u ever change ur name because you do not like it or for other reasons??

've never n 'll never change it

bikuz

I lurv mah names. . . . Z.M.B.A.M.D 'Moyo' - I rejoice kiss
Re: What Do You Think About You Name? by plappville(f): 11:50am On Nov 21, 2008
Gamine:

My name means Praise, its hard to pronounce as many people say, but thats why i love it! grin
My english name isnt too common either

Praise You got a nice name.
Re: What Do You Think About You Name? by plappville(f): 11:55am On Nov 21, 2008
Moyola:

it sometime does. . . . undecided

In a way yeah. . . . smiley

've never n 'll never change it

bikuz

I lurv mah names. . . . Z.M.B.A.M.D 'Moyo' - I rejoice kiss

it sometime does. . . . undecided

Tell us how plz
Re: What Do You Think About You Name? by Moyola(f): 12:14pm On Nov 21, 2008
Take for instance a person by the name 'Lucifer' - it sure would affect d person undecided
Re: What Do You Think About You Name? by plappville(f): 12:19pm On Nov 21, 2008
Moyola:

Take for instance a person by the name 'Lucifer' - it sure would affect d person undecided

Lolsssssssss, you are right, but i don't think in the next generation any1 will bear that name grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Think About You Name? by origina9ja(f): 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2008
oluwadamilola dat mi name
nd me proud kiss kiss luv me self

@ poster
i dont think its a good idea to name a child according to what is going on around you. undecided
Re: What Do You Think About You Name? by iice(f): 3:57am On Nov 22, 2008
plappville:

Is she finding it difficult to change her name or what?

Yes is better she mind the names she give to her kids, u know those days parents name their children in parable names, some names are really troublesom expecially those from a polygamous family grin grin
May God help us to choose nice and cute names for our children.

Too much hassle for her. So she's sticking to making sure her kids have good names. But definitely the boys in my family will be named after my brother the destroyer grin cheesy grin
I kindda like the name Lucifer or rather more specifically the name Lucien (a variation) means Light Bearer or bearer of Light
Lucifer in greek mythology means morning star. Same as i like the name Diablo grin grin
Re: What Do You Think About You Name? by desthan(m): 12:57pm On Nov 22, 2008
luv my name, its tells so much bout my persona, my un-mistakable aura & style, my utter nonchalance and unflappabable demeanor, its even amplifies my future / destiny, making it shine so so so bright that i have to use 'Ray Ban' sun glaSSES cool to luk at em, jus luv de sound of it, can neva 4get u zillah, i luv u n will always do kiss
Re: What Do You Think About You Name? by plappville(f): 6:10pm On Nov 22, 2008
origina9ja:

oluwadamilola that mi name
nd me proud kiss kiss love me self

@ poster
i don't think its a good idea to name a child according to what is going on around you. undecided

you are right, it's a old school thing, parents do it those days though embarassed
Re: What Do You Think About You Name? by plappville(f): 6:19pm On Nov 22, 2008
iice:

Too much hassle for her. So she's sticking to making sure her kids have good names. But definitely the boys in my family will be named after my brother the destroyer grin cheesy grin
I kindda like the name Lucifer or rather more specifically the name Lucien (a variation) means Light Bearer or bearer of Light
Lucifer in greek mythology means morning star. Same as i like the name Diablo grin grin

Please don't name boys in ur family after a distroyer brother, is it a good thing to call someone a destroyer? abeg give the boys goos name, they mustn't be like their brother.

You seem to like names with strange meaning, Diablo is not a nice name shocked my hubby's aunty has a black cat called Lint, be became wicked for no reason so they change her name to Diablo. grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Think About You Name? by iice(f): 7:07pm On Nov 22, 2008
Hehehehehe it is a good strong name. A powerful name wink One that can unite or destroy civilizations grin So yeah am liking the destroyer name tongue

Yeah am a strange person undecided
Re: What Do You Think About You Name? by MrCrackles(m): 7:10pm On Nov 22, 2008
My name is awesome

Just a bit girly!! embarassed
Re: What Do You Think About You Name? by plappville(f): 7:22pm On Nov 22, 2008
ahaha,  i can see how strange u are now. shocked shocked shocked

what do u think about naming the boys in the family by a name called DEVIL or EVIL this will make me respect how strange u are grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Wife Is A Lesbian! / How Can You Tell Your Adopted Child That You Are Not His Biological Parents? / Nanny Kidnaps A Boy For N3m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.