Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,917 members, 7,841,484 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

What Does It Really Mean For A Woman To Be Submissive - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does It Really Mean For A Woman To Be Submissive (1549 Views)

Why Women Of This Generation Are Not Submissive By Tosin Martins / What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. / I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Really Mean For A Woman To Be Submissive by xcamarie(f): 7:51pm On Nov 01, 2014
Hi y'all I recently went through a thread here and I saw a lot of the guys comments and opinion on a woman being submissive and just begin to wonder...

A lady is being born, brought up by her parents of different character and background, with a peculiar upbringing, went to school, studied a particular course, became matured and makes her own decisions before she met a man. Does submission means she'll throw all that away and follow what that man says and not have a mind of her own again?
Pls people share your definition and opinion about the topic.
Re: What Does It Really Mean For A Woman To Be Submissive by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2014
Being submissive doesn't mean a woman should become mumu-ish or ode-ish. Being submissive means you respect your man. When there is total respect for your husband other things follow.

Being submissive sometimes means you know and understand what he loves and hates. You place him as your head, allow him to fill the space. Etc

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Really Mean For A Woman To Be Submissive by nomabeeee(f): 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2014
I think submission simply...means totall service and obedience,not thinking about what you will gain.its a selfless service.you don't know submission untill ur will is threatened...submission is very important in marriage..for both parties..a man and a woman should be submissive to each other..most people make it look like submission is just for the woman alone..no no..the man has a role to play too..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Really Mean For A Woman To Be Submissive by Lawstudent: 9:01pm On Nov 01, 2014
I thinking making the man feel like the head even if in fact he is just a ceremonial head.
A woman that is submissive, not a slave will in most cases ignite the kingly nature of the man while she becomes the queen.
Recommend these books:
Surrendered wife by Laura Doyle
Secrets of fascinating womanhood by Nancy Campbell.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Really Mean For A Woman To Be Submissive by mployer(m): 9:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
Submission Is living the woman in your innermost being and not the one the media and the prevailing circumstance wants You to live.

I believe every woman is innately submissive, It makes them feel good I guess. But then a lot of factors tend to frustrate This virtue in many of them and they end up a différent Person.
Re: What Does It Really Mean For A Woman To Be Submissive by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 01, 2014
Submission is leaving urself
Re: What Does It Really Mean For A Woman To Be Submissive by Kanwulia: 9:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
Hia we go again!

So help me. . . . .*&%!
Re: What Does It Really Mean For A Woman To Be Submissive by lilmax(m): 10:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
Round 10
Re: What Does It Really Mean For A Woman To Be Submissive by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 01, 2014
xcamarie:
Does submission means she'll throw all that away and follow what that man says and not have a mind of her own again?
Absolutely not!
Submission is when one succumbs to the truth, not because one is being compelled to do so, but because its right and just before God and responsible/wise mortals.
Utmost submission can only be achieved when the conditions brought forward are mutually convenient....
Submission in the absence of love shows the superior's height of insensitivity thus subjecting the other to mere slavery in disguise.
Gone are the days when women allowed their brains to sink in ignorance and naiveity....
When a man truly loves you, your feelings and sincere priorities becomes his business, vice versa.
Love doesn't hurt... It merely guides/directs the heart's desires to the right path for mutual pleasure.
Re: What Does It Really Mean For A Woman To Be Submissive by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 01, 2014
To the young and unmarried I say,

Marry a wise man
Marry a man that submits to the authority of the almighty God
It is effortless submitting to a man with those two qualities
That is all I can say from experience

5 Likes

Re: What Does It Really Mean For A Woman To Be Submissive by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 01, 2014
temigracie:
Being submissive doesn't mean a woman should become mumu-ish or ode-ish. Being submissive means you respect your man. When there is total respect for your husband other things follow.

Being submissive sometimes means you know and understand what he loves and hates. You place him as your head, allow him to fill the space. Etc

According to the statement in bold, men who respect their wives are submissive, too.
Re: What Does It Really Mean For A Woman To Be Submissive by Nobody: 12:57am On Nov 02, 2014
It implies a woman should allow the husband to take the lead while guiding him in directing the affairs of the family as against taking up your man's responsibility when and where he doesn't show any weakness to the contrary just because you wanna show him no be by chest nor di:ck , boobs and ponyon dey craze too !!
Re: What Does It Really Mean For A Woman To Be Submissive by ogawisdom(m): 7:23pm On Nov 02, 2014
It means ur husband is ur oga tongue n u r under his leadership n ll obey him always except he asks u to disobey God wink
Re: What Does It Really Mean For A Woman To Be Submissive by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
xcamarie:

A lady is being born, brought up by her parents of different character and background, with a peculiar upbringing, went to school, studied a particular course, became matured and makes her own decisions before she met a man. Does submission means she'll throw all that away and follow what that man says and not have a mind of her own again?
So, then, upon achieving al this she doesn't need to acknowledge her bosses at work? Or even the authority of her supervising colleagues on the same salary and grade but with more experience on the job? That means she suddenly has "no mind of her own?" The husband is the head of the household. Understand it and deal with it.
Re: What Does It Really Mean For A Woman To Be Submissive by hedonistic: 5:28pm On Jul 27, 2015
Hard for me to define it. But I know a submissive woman when I'm befriending one, and God knows I always go to the end of the world to please this sort of woman and treat her like my queen (within my abilities). In fact, she ends up having her way on most issues, without the need for us to argue or fight.... something the typically 'I too know' or 'I sabi my right' kind of confrontational and unyielding women would never achieve with me.

I don't know the psychological process that underpins this fact, but it is a fact for me nonetheless.

(1) (Reply)

Girl Vows To Marry Own Father Because No Man Gives Her S*x Like Him / The Power Of Unripe Pawpaw / The 42-year Old Great-grandmother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.