Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,142 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari (44628 Views)

Jonathan ‘has Nothing To Fear From Me’- Buhari / I Knew Babangida Was Plotting To Overthrow Me / Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by PhockPhockMan: 3:47am On Nov 02, 2014
Former Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari has stated that he was aware that Ibrahim Babangida was planning to overthrow him in 1985.

Buhari, a retired major general and presidential aspirant on the platform of All Progressives Congress (APC), told TheCable: “It is true that I learnt he was planning a coup against me. And I sat and discussed it with him in my office.

“He brought the news that he went to Kano and people complained that I pulled a pistol during a council meeting. I said Ibro ? I called him Ibro because I was just senior to him by a few months ? I said whoever wants to sit on this chair let him come and sit here. And he decided to do it.”

Reminded that the punishment for coup making was death and he could have put Babangida on trial, Buhari told TheCable: “Yes. Remember how many people he killed subsequently for trying to overthrow him? But when I came in, there was no bloodshed. I think a couple of policemen were killed and [Brigadier Ibrahim] Bako also died in an ambush.

“But deliberately, nobody was killed. I was in the front, the real front in the Nigerian civil war. I had seen enough of death and I know what God means by human life. Any human being, God values their life. And anybody who hopes to meet God, he should be careful about killing.

“When there is law and due process of law took place, the question is clear. Like the cocaine convicts that were executed, the decision was taken in supreme military council.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-know-babangida-was-planning-to-overthrow-me-buhari/

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by eye4eye: 3:55am On Nov 02, 2014
Rubbish!

The PDP, and saTAN ambassadors planting rubbish in the press to cause a rift so Babangida can support the Otuoke dunce. I bet this interview did not happen as it is being reported by Punch. Buhari is too smart to say such things.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by PhockPhockMan: 4:07am On Nov 02, 2014
Imagine the kind of useless man that want to rule Nigeria.

Cc tomakint, Idumuose, atlwireles, Nigerianvenom, chukwudi44, Descartes, Apcontherun , firefire, Brownwood, Sunnybobo3, biafranqueen, truckpusher, theassassin.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by seunlayi(m): 4:27am On Nov 02, 2014
another odechucks in the making. He knew and he allowed him to remove him from power even as a military ruler. What if he was a civilian then? man without idea

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by eaglewingz(m): 5:28am On Nov 02, 2014
Very funny
Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by Oklander: 5:31am On Nov 02, 2014
Propaganda... Buhari all the way!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by Descartes: 6:13am On Nov 02, 2014
We all know that Buhari is clueless. angry
But his fans will not admit it.
Imagine a presidential aspirant who wants to rule the most populous black nation spewing such in a public domain. angry

Atleast PDP and Metuh have something to campaign against him embarassed

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by gramci: 6:38am On Nov 02, 2014
Buhari the daft General, a serial loser,no wonder Idiagbon was in charge during his regime.

I wonder where's confidence is coming from now after three decades.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by theshadyexpress(m): 6:46am On Nov 02, 2014
Imagine the leader of the most populous black nation pulled a gun in a security council meeting.this man is indeed a terrorist.....he can never rule dis country.
And some people will want me to believe APC is not a party of boko haramists

May GOD judge them all

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by jamace(m): 6:53am On Nov 02, 2014
This has further confirmed my belief that Buhari is not man enough to handle Nigeria. Imagine a military man and Cin C for that matter allowing himself to be swept from office with ease, like a house boy. In fact, when I saw him shedding tears after losing election in 2011, I said to myself, "Buhari is a complete weakling and should never be entrusted with a position of leadership".
I like Buhari's moral stance but he lacks the courage, charisma and gut required of a president to move Nigeria forward at this moment.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by Mogidi: 7:13am On Nov 02, 2014
Whats Buhari's problem, he forgot those who live by the gun die by the gun. He was not the only person blessed with knowledge of coup planning, Babangida played a fast one on the dunce.

(Edited)
Every thing Buhari says now is to get sympathy votes but this was a big mistake. Knowing someone was going to commit a treasonable offence and remove you from power and doing nothing is the height of cluelessness.
This man should not be allowed near a microphone, he shoots himself at the foot each time....damn!!

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by Janedoe26(f): 7:14am On Nov 02, 2014
B

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by Sibabasibaba1: 7:24am On Nov 02, 2014
Do we now need any other evidence that Buhari was the chief planner of the 31 December 1983 coup? Buharistans always tell white lies that their pay master never plotted any coup but was in fact INVITED by the planners of the 1983 coup to become Head of State because of his honesty. Now judge them from this Buhari's comment:

“Yes. Remember how many people he killed subsequently for trying to overthrow him? But when I came in, there wasno bloodshed. I think a couple of policemen were killed and [Brigadier Ibrahim] Bako also died in an ambush. “But deliberately, nobody was killed".

Indeed, the comment above does not suggest that Buhari did not know about the coup. It does not suggest that Buhari was only invited to lead Nigeria by the coup's dramatis personae as we have been erroneously made to believe.

By saying "deliberately, nobody was killed", Buhari is stating clearly here that 'we met and agreed that we should not shed much blood. We should only kill if there is resistance by Shehu Shagari's guards.

Indeed, this has vindicated Tanko Yakassai's revelation that Domkat Bali told his wife in 1983 that "they were meeting in Buhari’s house to stage a coup. Buhari was the GOC in Jos at the time, and he told her not to tell anyone" ( see: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/150148-exclusive-why-dying-yaradua-was-sneaked-into-nigeria-without-jonathans-knowledge-tanko-yakasai.html).

So, when Buharistans tell you again that their principal never plotted any coup, refer them to how their principal 'deliberately' did not want people to be killed during the coup.

The problem of Buhari is his blind followers. They present him as a flawless and perfect man who has the magic wand to solve Nigeria's huge problems. So, they perpetuate lies to sell him even when history is there to show that Buhari has too many flaws. Buhari is an idealess, visionless criminal coup plotter who as a young man in his early 40s could not achieve anything in his 20 month despotic reign.

We can't allow a man with analogue ideas to rule us in this digital age. To paraphrase Bill Clinton on Bob Dole, it is not the age of Buhari that is our problem, it is the age of his ideas'.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by iamrealdeji(m): 7:34am On Nov 02, 2014
jamace:
This has further confirmed my belief that Buhari is not man enough to handle Nigeria. Imagine a military man and Cin C for that matter allowing himself to be swept from office with ease, like a house boy. In fact, when I saw him shedding tears after losing election in 2011, I said to myself, "Buhari is a complete weakling and should never be entrusted with a position of leadership".
I like Buhari's moral stance but he lacks the courage, charisma and gut required of a president to move Nigeria forward at this moment.
You've said it all,dont forget Tunde Idiagbon spearheaded everything in his regime,and did he really pull out pistol?he didn't deny it,also,the coup is one thing he'll never forget,he makes reference to it all the time,and this coup even happened before I was born

8 Likes

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by iamrealdeji(m): 7:35am On Nov 02, 2014
jamace:
You've said it all,dont forget Tunde Idiagbon spearheaded everything in his regime,and did he really pull out pistol?he didn't deny it,also,the coup is one thing he'll never forget,he makes reference to it all the time till date,and this coup even happened before I was born

2 Likes

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by ntyce(m): 7:35am On Nov 02, 2014
The ist thing this phockpussyman does when he wakes up is to scan the internet on Buhari news and bring them to nairaland.
Why so much addiction and stalking? He hasn't even won the APC primary yet. This shows you are bothered and he's a pin in ur sorry phockphockass.
I swear na Buhari matter go kill you.

20 Likes

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by jamace(m): 7:37am On Nov 02, 2014
iamrealdeji:

You've said it all,dont forget Tunde Idiagbon spearheaded everything in his regime,and did he really pull out pistol?he didn't deny it,also,the coup is one thing he'll never forget,he makes reference to it all the time till date,and this coup even happened before I was born
That's right. Gen Tunde Idiagbon (may God bless his soul) was all in all in that govt. Buhari was just an armchair king feeling good and taking glory at the excellent performance of his deputy.

15 Likes

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by eaglewingz(m): 7:39am On Nov 02, 2014
gramci:
Buhari the daft General, a serial loser,no wonder Idiagbon was in charge during his regime.

I wonder where's confidence is coming from now after three decades.

Thank you, people with little knowledge of history will come and say buhari did this and this during his regime when he actually did nothing. Idiagbon was the one actually pulling all the strings in that regime and that was why Babaginda was able to overthrow buhari when Idiagbon was out of the country.
jamace:
Janedoe26:

Right! And Jonathan does? At least Buhari has a moral stand while Jonathan has what exactly: corruption, public drunkenness, pettiness, a meddlesome first lady and a penchant for abusing his office.

Don't decieve yourself, buhari has no good moral stand,they try to make us believe that he was the one that fought corruption in his regime but the fact remains that Idiagbon was the chief actor in that campaign and buhari was just a figure head.

Moral stand my foot. what happened when he was PTF chairman?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by anonimi: 7:41am On Nov 02, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Former Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari has stated that he was aware that Ibrahim Babangida was planning to overthrow him in 1985.
Buhari, a retired major general and presidential aspirant on the platform of All Progressives Congress (APC), told TheCable: “It is true that I learnt he was planning a coup against me. And I sat and discussed it with him in my office.
“He brought the news that he went to Kano and people complained that I pulled a pistol during a council meeting. I said Ibro ? I called him Ibro because I was just senior to him by a few months ? I said whoever wants to sit on this
chair let him come and sit here. And he decided to do it.”
Reminded that the punishment for coup making was death and he could have put Babangida on trial, Buhari told TheCable: “Yes. Remember how many people he killed subsequently for trying to overthrow him? But when I came in, there was no bloodshed. I think a couple of policemen were killed and [Brigadier Ibrahim] Bako also died in an ambush.
“But deliberately, nobody was killed.
I was in the
front, the real front in the Nigerian civil war. I had seen enough of death and I know what God means by human life. Any human being, God values their life. And anybody who hopes to meet God, he should be careful about killing.
“When there is law and due process of law took place, the question is clear. Like the cocaine convicts that were executed, the decision was taken in supreme military council.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-know-babangida-was-planning-to-overthrow-me-buhari/

His 'senseless & useless' followers claim he knew nothing about the coup that brought him into power in 1983 yet he brags about it being DELIBERATELY bloodless due to his own civil war front experience

This old soldier must think we are just as clueless & daft as he is.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by Descartes: 7:44am On Nov 02, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Former Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari has
stated that he was aware that Ibrahim
Babangida was planning to overthrow him in
Buhari, a retired major general and presidential
aspirant on the platform of All Progressives
Congress (APC), told TheCable: “It is true that I
learnt he was planning a coup against me. And I
sat and discussed it with him in my office.
“He brought the news that he went to Kano and
people complained that I pulled a pistol during a
council meeting. I said Ibro ? I called him Ibro
because I was just senior to him by a few
months ? I said whoever wants to sit on this
chair let him come and sit here. And he decided
to do it.”
Reminded that the punishment for coup making
was death and he could have put Babangida on
trial, Buhari told TheCable: “Yes. Remember how
many people he killed subsequently for trying to
overthrow him? But when I came in, there was
no bloodshed. I think a couple of policemen were
killed and [Brigadier Ibrahim] Bako also died in
an ambush.
“But deliberately, nobody was killed. I was in the
front, the real front in the Nigerian civil war. I
had seen enough of death and I know what God
means by human life. Any human being, God
values their life. And anybody who hopes to
meet God, he should be careful about killing.
“When there is law and due process of law took
place, the question is clear. Like the cocaine
convicts that were executed, the decision was
taken in supreme military council.”

The sins of 'saint' Buhari are numerous!!

21 Likes

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by eaglewingz(m): 7:51am On Nov 02, 2014
ntyce:
The ist thing this phockpussyman does when he wakes up is to scan the internet on Buhari news and bring them to nairaland.
Why so much addiction and stalking? He hasn't even won the APC primary yet. This shows you are bothered and he's a pin in ur sorry phockphockass.
I swear na Buhari matter go kill you.

Why should someone be bothered by a serial and perenial loser like buhari?
Its good he brings this news to nairaland so that everyone reads it and knows more truth or is that not the essence of this forum to share news and ideas?

I'm not a big PDP fan but why can't buhari just retire from active politics and act as an elder stateman and allow young and vibrant people like Fashola or my state governor Oshios baba like is mostly called to contest. You must not rule to affect the life of the populace, infact I have more respect for Tinibu than buhari. Allow young people to come out and contest and not you contesting against your son's mate and still lose. That's a disgrace.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by major466(m): 8:02am On Nov 02, 2014
Gen Buhari got what he deserves. What you do unto others, the same thing will be done unto you. Nigeria needs a Democrat. He's not a Democrat. He's an unrepentant dictator.

Gen Buhari was part of those who master mind the coup that toppled a democratically elected government in 1983 from the very beginning. Contrary to what his apologists would want us to believe.
The same guy who toppled democracy wants to come back and contest under a democracy he detest just 31 years ago.
You can't have your cake and eat it. Gen Buhari should go and tend to his cows at home.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by nigerianvenom(m): 8:13am On Nov 02, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Imagine the kind of useless man that want to rule Nigeria.
Cc tomakint, Idumuose, atlwireles, Nigerianvenom, chukwudi44, Descartes, Apcontherun , firefire, Brownwood, Sunnybobo3, biafranqueen, truckpusher, theassassin.

na today?
buhari decieving himself since time immemorial

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by GuyFawkes: 8:17am On Nov 02, 2014
The coup would still have taken place if Idiagbon was in the country, he would have been arrested just as Buhari and other targets. Units of the Brigade of guards were already loyal to the coupists led by IBB.
Idiagbon may have cut a stern image among the civil populace, even as COAS it had been quite a while since he directly commanded troops. There he had no command link with any viable body of troops he could have used to fight the coupists anyway.

2 Likes

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by nigerianvenom(m): 8:29am On Nov 02, 2014
eye4eye:
Rubbish!

The PDP, and saTAN ambassadors planting rubbish in the press to cause a rift so Babangida can support the Otuoke dunce. I bet this interview did not happen as it is being reported by Punch. Buhari is too smart to say such things.

seun,u are pretending not to see this

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by nigerianvenom(m): 8:34am On Nov 02, 2014
Janedoe26:

Right! And Jonathan does? At least Buhari has a moral stand while Jonathan has what exactly: corruption, public drunkenness, pettiness, a meddlesome first lady and a penchant for abusing his office.

d fact that ur fadaa is a drunk doesn't mean everyone follows his path

29 Likes

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:40am On Nov 02, 2014
theshadyexpress:
Imagine the leader of the most populous black nation pulled a gun in a security council meeting.this man is indeed a terrorist.....he can never rule dis country.
And some people will want me to believe APC is not a party of boko haramists

May GOD judge them all
what else will a military man pull? A walking stick?

7 Likes

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by alingo4life: 8:47am On Nov 02, 2014
major466:
Gen Buhari got what he deserves. What you do unto others, the same thing will be done unto you. Nigeria needs a Democrat. He's not a Democrat. He's an unrepentant dictator.

Gen Buhari was part of those who master mind the coup that toppled a democratically elected government in 1983 from the very beginning. Contrary to what his apologists would want us to believe.
The same guy who toppled democracy wants to come back and contest under a democracy he detest just 31 years ago.
You can't have your cake and eat it. Gen Buhari should go and tend to his cows at home.
Eyaaah.does he have cows at home niii?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by LastProphet: 9:01am On Nov 02, 2014
Sorry young nigerians born in the 80's. And to the pdp laptop squad (who i even know one personally-igala boy living on airport road abuja with senior brother living on gbemisola street ikeja) may God almighty who sees the suffering of nigerians under corrupt gej and his wife punish u all abundantly until u repent

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by ogb5(m): 9:07am On Nov 02, 2014
GuyFawkes:
The coup would still have taken place if Idiagbon was in the country, he would have been arrested just as Buhari and other targets. Units of the Brigade of guards were already loyal to the coupists led by IBB.
Idiagbon may have cut a stern image among the civil populace, even as COAS it had been quite a while since he directly commanded troops. There he had no command link with any viable body of troops he could have used to fight the coupists anyway.

Babangida knew that Idiagbon was the only obstacle to the success of the coup that is why they waited for him to travel out of the country before staging the coup.

Buhari was just a figure head in that government. The overthrow of buhari was very easy once Idiagbon was out of the country. Babangida just placed a call to buhari that he should vacate dodan barracks within 15mins and the mumu Buhari vacated the seat in less than 10 minutes. Even faster than the requested time.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 02, 2014
He had no courage to take on a fellow army general trying to overthrow him but he has the heart to invent a new decree, apply it retrospectively to kill 3 defenceless young boys?

15 Likes

Re: I Knew Babangida Was Planning To Overthrow Me - Buhari by GuyFawkes: 9:17am On Nov 02, 2014
[s][/s]
ogb5:

Babangida knew that Idiagbon was the only obstacle to the success of the coup that is why they waited for him to travel out of the country before staging the coup.

Buhari was just a figure head in that government. The overthrow of buhari was very easy once Idiagbon was out of the country. Babangida just placed a call to buhari that he should vacate dodan barracks within 15mins and the mumu Buhari vacated the seat in less than 10 minutes. Even faster than the requested time.

Balderdash undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why We Attacked Zakzaky, Other Shiite Members – Nigerian Army / Fayose Accuses INEC Of Working For APC In Ondo Election / Olusegun Obasanjo Celebrates His 80th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.