Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,858 members, 7,817,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? (68899 Views)

Kogi State Government Banned Female Teachers From Wearing Trousers To School / 50% Of Kaduna Teachers Are Unqualified – Yakowa / English Teachers Are Desperately Needed In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
Elan83:
bias judgment!

Very bias. I had a female teacher back then in primary who can flog hell outta somebody
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by Elan83(m): 10:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
Daninya1:
@Op,before I delve into my opinion, I will 1st state the etymological definition of what Education is.. It's derived from 2 Greek word..
EDUCARE-means to train...
EDUCERE-means to lead a person from known to the unknown, simple to complex, abstract to concrete etc.. A qualified teacher must know this..
A good teacher must know the ethics in teaching.. You don't have to teach maths if it's past noon, the students won't assimilate.. You must also know that there are slow learner and fast learners.. A good teacher must be kind, patience and loving..
A good teacher must have a background of psychology to handle students..
I Therefore opine that teaching is an art...
Gender is not the bone of contention here, but who is a good teacher not a teacher? Quality of a good teacher?. What are the ethics in the teaching profession?..
Shalom
shrt n smpl
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
Lols , the sexy female teachers of course ... hehehe , I remember the girls in my secondary school had this hatred for female teachers , they labelled one a witch because she was totally against any form of make up and mini skirts/tight housewears .I did not like my principal as he was against sagging ..lols , its a transgender thing.
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by herald9: 10:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
danaiks:
Female teachers too dey distract with dos two oranges in front... grin
Coming from supposed leader of tomorrow...

May Allah join hand with God.... Jesus and Mohammed bearing witnesses...forgive you
undecided
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by Olusharp(m): 10:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
herald9:
Did I just see SeverusSnapes?
cheesy

The one and only Potions master of Hogwarts..

Don't mind me...am such a huge fan of Harry Potter.
yea snapes the "half blood prince."
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by BruzMoney(m): 10:27pm On Nov 02, 2014
montestic:
Teachers are those that influence a student's life the most after their own parents. It is very difficult to measure teaching and impossible to judge the quality of teaching based on gender. A male or a female teacher can be equally good. The gender has nothing to do with teaching. Asking who is better between a male and female teacher is like asking who is a better parent amongst mother and father?
A teacher can be judged based on the following factors:

-Knowledge and Understanding of the subject.
-Ability to explain stuff to novices in the simplest of languages.
-Ability to resolve any doubts/queries of students.
-Being able to guide and mentor the students in suitable ways.
-Understanding of the psychology of children.

There are many other factors as well, but none of them is gender. A male teacher as well as a female teacher is able to fulfill all of the above requirements to be a very good teacher. So, both are equal and can guide several students to a bright future.

I love ur story
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by misshoree(f): 10:32pm On Nov 02, 2014
What a guy can do,a lady can do better
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by tomistelle(f): 10:34pm On Nov 02, 2014
briantext:

Dunno

FTC twice in a row

Lyk seriosly,r u for real??
Get sumfin doin if u cnt contribute undecided
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by echelons(m): 10:35pm On Nov 02, 2014
Better at what? It's an open question.
Better at gossip? Better at flogging?teaching?training?coaching?
Just asking.
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by pweetixandy: 10:35pm On Nov 02, 2014
Hordunlarmy:
Its females ooo. Female teacher are care , they are like school mothers
a number of yoruba people make this mistake @bolded...pls explain why
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by maureensylvia(f): 10:35pm On Nov 02, 2014
iceberylin:
Had this male teacher that 1/2 of his usual 40mins to woo my classmate called Timi,tge babe fine sha...then used the remaining 20 to solve few maths...

Had this female teacher that her phone dosnt stop buzzing, from beginning till end of class embarassed
Which one better undecided

where are u na, come to our thread

1 Like

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by Emenandez4lyf(m): 10:39pm On Nov 02, 2014
lalasticlala:
In my primary school days, I was taught by female teachers all through; but in secondary school, 85% of my teachers were females; while at the university, 100% of my lecturers were male.

I think female teachers are better teachers than their male counterpart because they are more tolerant when dealing with students.

Although some few female teachers could be very strict but in all they are better.

So who do you think makes a better teacher: male or female?
lalasticlala:
In my primary school days, I was taught by female teachers all through; but in secondary school, 85% of my teachers were females; while at the university, 100% of my lecturers were male.

I think female teachers are better teachers than their male counterpart because they are more tolerant when dealing with students.

Although some few female teachers could be very strict but in all they are better.

lalasticlala:

I agree with u, yeah females ones are more tolerant to associate with.
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
Female teachers r good at failing students...i vote for male teachers...
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by herald9: 10:41pm On Nov 02, 2014
Olusharp:
yea snapes the "half blood prince."
Hehehe... Let's not derail this educative thread abeg
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 02, 2014
montestic:
Teachers are those that influence a student's life the most after their own parents. It is very difficult to measure teaching and impossible to judge the quality of teaching based on gender. A male or a female teacher can be equally good. The gender has nothing to do with teaching. Asking who is better between a male and female teacher is like asking who is a better parent amongst mother and father?
A teacher can be judged based on the following factors:

-Knowledge and Understanding of the subject.
-Ability to explain stuff to novices in the simplest of languages.
-Ability to resolve any doubts/queries of students.
-Being able to guide and mentor the students in suitable ways.
-Understanding of the psychology of children.

There are many other factors as well, but none of them is gender. A male teacher as well as a female teacher is able to fulfill all of the above requirements to be a very good teacher. So, both are equal and can guide several students to a bright future.
Jesus! Could you believe how complex some people can be? I cnt believe this is answer to 'who'
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by lawrenceunaa: 10:43pm On Nov 02, 2014
nzeaji:
Female teachers are better. Male teacher de too flog. angry grin
ya that's y they are assigned to secondary school section in my sch those days
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by ezelous: 10:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
You people should stop deceiving yourselves. It is an endless argument. Both genders r great tutors. I have been teaching since 2002 and I am Proud to have produced excellent students as a male teacher.

2 Likes

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by IYANGBALI: 10:48pm On Nov 02, 2014
I learn faster under female teachers especially the young and single ones whose bweasts are still talking to heaven,that made me to pass my biology exams easily under miss bamise majekodunmi grin
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by IYANGBALI: 10:51pm On Nov 02, 2014
ezelous:
You people should stop deceiving yourselves. It is an endless argument. Both genders r great tutors. I have been teaching since 2002 and I am Proud to have produced excellent students as a male teacher.
but you too dey flog us and na so you dey carry our small small girls go home go teach dem praticals grin
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 02, 2014
FIGHT BOKO HARAM,NOT TAMBUWAL
THE JONATHAN GOVERNMENT IS
COWARDLY! .
INSTEAD OF FIGHTING BOKO HARAM, THEY
ARE FIGHTING TAMBUWAL
SEE HOW THEY WERE FOOLED,TO BELIEVE
THE BOKO HARAM CEASEFIRE!!! THE BOKO
BOYS ONLY USED THAT TIME TO REGROUP
AND RE-ARM.
AM IN TEARS AND SHOCK ,THAT, MUBI IS
UNDER BOKO HARAM RULE. A VITAL TOWN,
THAT HOSTS 2 TERTIARY INSTITUTIION,
AND JONATHAN IS IN ABUJA,
UNDISTURBED,UNPERTURBED ,FIGHTING
TAMBUWAL AT THE EXPENSE OF
DEFENDING THE PEOPLE THAT VOTED HIM
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by enifex(m): 10:52pm On Nov 02, 2014
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by IYANGBALI: 10:53pm On Nov 02, 2014
pweetixandy:
a number of yoruba people make this mistake @bolded...pls explain why
your sickness has come back again abi?its a pity I'm not around to get you your drugs now,just stay away from the internet till I return tongue

1 Like

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
pweetixandy:
Female teachers are horrible when its that time of the month..but male teachers are baaaaad everyday. Male teachers are never content with the teaching job and so put very little effort into it. Soooo..female teachers all d way!

which one is tym of d month again?
enlightenment abeg.
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by afolabiso89: 10:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
I'll prefer a male teacher cos they're energetic at doing their job. However, there should be room for balance as there are points where females beat males as well.
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
male teachers are good in the aspect or facet of SCIENCE... while the females are good in the aspect of... (my ink got finshed)

1 Like

Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by nwaobitex: 10:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
Female is better
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by SeverusSnape(m): 10:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
herald9:
Did I just see SeverusSnapes?
cheesy

The one and only Potions master of Hogwarts..

Don't mind me...am such a huge fan of Harry Potter.
yes sir,you just saw me,I'm the potions master,I'm at your service. cool
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
I hate this topic because it does not make sense to me , and I dont like comparing people.
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by Visocrate(m): 11:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
Well as a teacher I believe that male teachers are better even when employment in an institution is not based on gender rather on intelligence and qualifications however male teachers teachers are active during teaching and they are usually free in their discussions unlike female teachers that will leave some topics or contents untaught because of either the social implication or because they feel it may not be necessary to discuss it
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by Saraben(f): 11:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
male teachers are better oh
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by maxism2: 11:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
yungprof09:
i wil.neva understand how this poo of shit made frontpage
How would u undastand wen u were a dullard in schl taught by heartless f teachas. dullard.
Re: Male Teachers Vs Female Teachers: Are Women Better Teachers Than Men? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 02, 2014
Primary skul-male teachers
sec skul-female teachers. I mean....our c.r.s teacher literally showed us boobs to xplain d sin of lust. Hw beta can learning get??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle / How Can One Get Original NECO Certificate / University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.