Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,760 members, 7,831,446 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

General Buhari Confesses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Buhari Confesses (1184 Views)

Buhari Confesses We Can’t End Queues!fuel Scarcity To Last For Two More Months / General Buhari's Military Government / General Buhari Likes President Jonathan's Smile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Buhari Confesses by Kokorokoo: 10:50pm On Nov 02, 2014
Summary of the General Buhari's confession;

Buhari confesses:
He was at the forefront of the genocide in 1967-1970.
He pulled a pistol at someone during a council meeting.
A couple of policemen and soldiers were killed in his operation to forcefully grab power whilst terminating existing democracy.
He is highly temperamental and intolerant.
He is stubborn and unrepentant, even when he was cautioned by his friend and colleague, Buhari dared them.

And recently....
Same Buhari made flammable remarks in 2011 elections, his failure at the polls spored ethno-religious crisis that's has not calmed in the northern Nigeria till date.

He is back again, let him in?

Here is the original General's statement as published on Punch Newspaper's website.

Former Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari has stated that he was aware that Ibrahim Babangida was planning to overthrow him in 1985.

Buhari, a retired major general and presidential aspirant on the platform of All Progressives Congress (APC), told TheCable: “It is true that I learnt he was planning a coup against me. And I sat and discussed it with him in my office.

“He brought the news that he went to Kano and [size=15pt]people complained that I pulled a pistol during a council meeting[/size]. I said Ibro ? I called him Ibro because I was just senior to him by a few months ? I said whoever wants to sit on this chair let him come and sit here. And he decided to do it.”

Reminded that the punishment for coup making was death and he could have put Babangida on trial, Buhari told TheCable: “Yes. Remember how many people he killed subsequently for trying to overthrow him? But when I came in, there was no bloodshed. [size=15pt]I think a couple of policemen were killed and [Brigadier Ibrahim] Bako also died in an ambush.[/size]

“But deliberately, nobody was killed. [size=15pt]I was in the front, the real front in the Nigerian civil war. I had seen enough of death[/size] and I know what God means by human life. Any human being, God values their life. And anybody who hopes to meet God, he should be careful about killing.

“When there is law and due process of law took place, the question is clear. Like the cocaine convicts that were executed, the decision was taken in supreme military council.”

Source link: http://www.punchng.com/news/i-know-babangida-was-planning-to-overthrow-me-buhari/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Buhari Confesses by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
FUNNY!
Re: General Buhari Confesses by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 02, 2014
[size=80pt]#TeamNdaIsaiahFORPRESIDENT[/size]
Re: General Buhari Confesses by Mogidi: 11:41pm On Nov 02, 2014
Buhari's words would continuously be used against him.

5 Likes

Re: General Buhari Confesses by DWJOBScom(m): 5:59am On Nov 03, 2014
APC should come up with a better candidate. I will not vote in a bitter man(from his antecedent I can only suspect him as one).

Nigeria at this point doesn't need such people - I will stick with the gentleman from otuoke, who is my president

#idon'ttrrustbuhariatikukwakwaso

1 Like

Re: General Buhari Confesses by pelvicky(m): 6:10am On Nov 03, 2014
The devil we know(gej) is better than the angel we assume to be good and we don't know him(gmb)

Honestly. Gej till 2019

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari Confesses by Candyrain(m): 6:29am On Nov 03, 2014
I'm not a fan of Jonathan, present Fashola, Rochas or Adams and I'll vote for APC but until then GEJ till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari Confesses by Sunshineluv(f): 6:39am On Nov 03, 2014
Candyrain:
I'm not a fan of Jonathan, present Fashola, Rochas or Adams and I'll vote for APC but until then GEJ till 2019.
Am sticking with GEJ. Buhari should go and rest

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari Confesses by Candyrain(m): 10:37am On Nov 03, 2014
Sunshineluv:
Am sticking with GEJ. Buhari should go and rest
Exactly. The guy has lots of skeletons in his cupboard with lots of unguarded statements.

3 Likes

Re: General Buhari Confesses by Orunto: 12:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
Bravo!!!!! The confession of a witch. Please don't stone him to death. We will pray for God's forgivenenn for him. Meanwhile, APC has either of two actions to take to make Nigerians look sane to the outside world: 1, beg Buhari to accept serving tutelage under Goodluck till 2019 and 2 field Fashionland(Fashola)/El Rufai for 2015:

1 Like

Re: General Buhari Confesses by AnodaIT(m): 1:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
DWJOBScom:
APC should come up with a better candidate. I will not vote in a bitter man(from his antecedent I can only suspect him as one).

Nigeria at this point doesn't need such people - I will stick with the gentleman from otuoke, who is my president

#idon'ttrrustbuhariatikukwakwaso
True

I wish APC presented Tambuwal for President, I would have preferred him.
But for now in the absence of any better alternative

GEJ Till 2019

But I don't understand why the opposition always present an unfavorable candidate forcing many to vote for the devil they know

From Obasanjo vs the relatively unknown Olu Falae
Then all through it has been PDP vs the serial loser with his 12m votes
www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/presidential-elections-1999-2011-in-figures/

Nigeria, true, needs a change but certainly not Buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Poll: Implementation Of Sharia By Boko Haram - Cramjones / Why Are Lagosians So Aggressive? / Temporary Arrival Lounge Of Jos International Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.