Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Igbos And Christmas Love - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos And Christmas Love (4715 Views)

The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. / Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. / The Marvelous Culture Of The Igbos And Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by DeepZone: 5:13am On Nov 20, 2008
They already know from way back that they have it biennially so if you miss one,you wait another 2 years.
Moreover most Igbo towns have their village organizations in almost every city in Naija and overseas.
haven't you attended Igbo kporakpo parties here

It's true coupled with the fact they usually have igbo villages every where in the world. May be those that are not disengaged from home can get immediate info about home from those places.
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by osisi6(f): 5:17am On Nov 20, 2008
DeepZone:

What of those igbos that have those huge multi million transport companies like ABC motors, ekene chuku motors, The young shall grow motors, Claudio and Alessio etc. Where are they from? Greyhound village? grin

Most of those transporters are from anambra state.
let me tell you about Igbo business men by region.

Most spare parts people are Nnewi of Anambra state
Most textile traders including okirika are abiriba,Alayi,Item area of Abia state
Most electronics dealers are Nkanu area of Enugu state and Mbano area
Most cosmetics  and shoe traders are anambra area
Most Chemist owners are Orlu and Nkwerre side of Imo state.

Of course not limited to these areas but quite a nyumber are from there.
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by osisi6(f): 5:18am On Nov 20, 2008
DeepZone:

It's true coupled with the fact they usually have igbo villages every where in the world. May be those that are not disengaged from home can get immediate info about home from those places.

Igbo villages ke?
where are they in the USA ?
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by DeepZone: 5:21am On Nov 20, 2008

Igbo villages ke?
where are they in the USA ?

I know one in German town and there is another in Richmond. It's like China town but many igbos assemble in joints, own most businesses there and live in that area too. It's like they have such thing somewhere in New york state.
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by osisi6(f): 5:21am On Nov 20, 2008
which Germantown?
Maryland?
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by DeepZone: 5:22am On Nov 20, 2008
yes
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by DeepZone: 5:23am On Nov 20, 2008
Most of those transporters are from anambra state.
let me tell you about Igbo business men by region.

Most spare parts people are Nnewi of Anambra state
Most textile traders including okirika are abiriba,Alayi,Item area of Abia state
Most electronics dealers are Nkanu area of Enugu state and Mbano area
Most cosmetics and shoe traders are anambra area
Most Chemist owners are Orlu and Nkwerre side of Imo state.

Of course not limited to these areas but quite a nyumber are from there.

So orange drugs is from imo or anambra?

I am off to sleep jare.
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by osisi6(f): 5:25am On Nov 20, 2008
DeepZone:

I know one in German town and there is another in Richmond. It's like China town but many igbos assemble in joints, own most businesses there and live in that area too. It's like they have such thing somewhere in New york state.

I think it's more a Nigerian thing than Igbo.You know how Nigerians like to cluster around each other .One person buys a house in Bowie before you know it,all the Nigerians are moving to bowie and suddenly you'll have  10 Nigerians living on the same street.
It's so annoying.
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by osisi6(f): 5:26am On Nov 20, 2008
DeepZone:

So orange drugs is from imo or anambra?

I am off to sleep jare.

na u sabi which one is orange drugs
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by DeepZone: 5:27am On Nov 20, 2008

I think it's more a Nigerian thing than Igbo.You know how Nigerians like to cluster around each other .One person buys a house in Bowie before you know it,all the Nigerians are moving to bowie and suddenly you'll have 10 Nigerians living on the same street.
It's so annoying.

It's mainly igbos that cluster in those areas for some espirit de corp reason. i don't find it annoying because that is how the chinese built themselves here. By helping each others business. Today, they have majority of the gas stations and own their personal banks. Igbos like to do espirit de corp so much, why?
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by KarmaMod(f): 5:31am On Nov 20, 2008
*osisi:

I think it's more a Nigerian thing than Igbo.You know how Nigerians like to cluster around each other .One person buys a house in Bowie before you know it,all the Nigerians are moving to bowie and suddenly you'll have  10 Nigerians living on the same street.
It's so annoying.

Lmao. I've heard someone (a Nigerian) complain of this very thing, she lives in Bowie too. lol
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by DeepZone: 5:35am On Nov 20, 2008
Lmao. I've heard someone (a Nigerian) complain of this very thing, she lives in Bowie too. lol

Nigerians shouldn't be complaining about that thing. It helps business a lot and aids in building a community. How do you think the Chinese achieves their success and hides their petty crimes in the western world?. Do you know they may have more criminals than we do but they are professionals in hiding themselves in their village while they are amassing money.
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by osisi6(f): 5:35am On Nov 20, 2008
KarmaMod:

I hate it.I have relatives in the area and everyone lives a stone throw from one another.
Tufia.
You can be cooking peppersoup and send your little child to walk across and get one vidalia onion plus thyme from your naija neighbor next door
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by KarmaMod(f): 5:38am On Nov 20, 2008
DeepZone:

Nigerians shouldn't be complaining about that thing. It helps business a lot and aids in building a community. How do you think the Chinese achieves their success and hides their petty crimes in the western world?. Do you know they may have more criminals than we do but they are professionals in hiding themselves in their village while they are amassing money.

Perhaps these Nigerians dont wanna be in the same area as those with bad reputations?
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by Hotstepper(f): 5:40am On Nov 20, 2008
hehhe, thats funny, living in such communities gat advantage and disadvantages, I personaly dislike it, 2/3 naija families will do for me,

yes, ma tonw gat it all, rich, educated and the houses dere hhh,, God, o di kwa egwu, hard 2 find any kind of house dere now, cant 2 go home ooooooo

I will take pixs of ma town and post it here wen I come back
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by osisi6(f): 5:44am On Nov 20, 2008
Hotstepper:

hehhe, thats funny, living in such communities gat advantage and disadvantages, I personaly dislike it, 2/3 naija families will do for me,

yes, ma tonw gat it all, rich, educated and the houses dere hhh,, God, o di kwa egwu, hard 2 find any kind of house dere now, can't 2 go home ooooooo

I will take pixs of ma town and post it here when I come back

More disdvantage than advantage.
before you know it gossiping and backbiting will start.
he said,she said
people will start accusing others of wanting to snatch their men.
Go to Houston Texas.
dis husband and another man's wife
communal marriage
tufiakwa!!
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by osisi6(f): 5:45am On Nov 20, 2008
goodnite ladies.
we go see tomorrow.
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by DeepZone: 5:49am On Nov 20, 2008
Perhaps these Nigerians don't want to be in the same area as those with bad reputations?

Will that affect them in any way unless they are trying to deny their Nigerianess?. I don't know but I think that we Nigerians should be building our business empires in America by now otherwise we will end up like other black people clocking in and out for white folks.
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by DeepZone: 5:50am On Nov 20, 2008
*osisi:

More disdvantage than advantage.
before you know it gossiping and backbiting will start.
he said,she said
people will start accusing others of wanting to snatch their men.
Go to Houston Texas.
this husband and another man's wife
communal marriage
tufiakwa!!

Why is Houston Texas very notorious for everything? They lead in 419, every other fraud and wife snatching. Tufiakwa. Do you live in Houston?
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by shotster50(m): 7:50am On Nov 20, 2008
DeepZone and her never ending questions lol.
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by osisi6(f): 6:41pm On Nov 20, 2008
DeepZone:

Why is Houston Texas very notorious for everything? They lead in 419, every other fraud and wife snatching. Tufiakwa. Do you live in Houston?

The greater Houston area has more Nigerians than any where else in the USA from what I hear so it's normal for the 419ers to be more represented over there.
No I don't live in Houston.
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by DeepZone: 11:36pm On Nov 20, 2008
*osisi:

The greater  Houston area has more Nigerians than any where else in the USA from what I hear so it's normal for the 419ers to be more represented over there.
No I don't live in Houston.

Are you sure they have more Nigerians there than NYC and LA?
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by osisi6(f): 1:13am On Nov 21, 2008
yes I am
There are even more Nigerian in Atlanta than LA and NYC area
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by DeepZone: 1:27am On Nov 21, 2008
Where do you live? Alabama or wyoming or where? kiss
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by whatever90(f): 1:47am On Nov 21, 2008
na u sabi which one is orange drugs

huh??osisi u no know orange drugs?i think hes from ur side sef undecided another billonaire in igboland cool
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by DeepZone: 2:16am On Nov 21, 2008
huh??osisi u no know orange drugs?i think hes from ur side sef Undecided another billonaire in igboland

The dude is the biggest pharmaceutical name from west Africa. 1/4 Nigerians use at least one of his over 200 products in Nigeria everyday.
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by whatever90(f): 2:41am On Nov 21, 2008
DeepZone:

The dude is the biggest pharmaceutical name from west Africa. 1/4 Nigerians use at least one of his over 200 products in Nigeria everyday.

d guy is a trillonaire my sister,I'm so surprised osisi does not know about him,we dey even hear of am here sef,his generation even to yet unborn will never suffer

wt d pretty girls he uses for his "delta soup" advert kiss kiss kiss  the wife is another beauty,even bianca ojukwu can't stand her,d man is blessed ojare
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by ElosAgos(m): 2:45am On Nov 21, 2008
Onwa Disemba erubego!!!!!!!!!!

Igbos And Christmas Love ======= Igbos Love Christmas
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by DeepZone: 10:16pm On Nov 21, 2008
d guy is a trillonaire my sister,I'm so surprised osisi does not know about him,we dey even hear of am here sef,his generation even to yet unborn will never suffer

wt d pretty girls he uses for his "delta soup" advert Kiss Kiss Kiss the wife is another beauty,even bianca ojukwu can't stand her,d man is blessed ojare

How will Osisi know him when she only notice men with big yansh like RMD. grin.
Re: Igbos And Christmas Love by osisi6(f): 2:35am On Nov 25, 2008
DeepZone:

How will Osisi know him when she only notice men with big yansh like RMD. grin.

ROFL.
the Ikebe was all over my screen,na the man show me the thing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hip Hop Culture: Who's The Better Rapper - Nas Or Jay Z? / Meaning Of BUHARI / Tribute To Winnie Mandela!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.