Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants - Education (515) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants (1088843 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants Call 07037300634 / Federal University Of Petroleum Resources {fupre} 2015/16 Applicants / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (617) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by cassyrooy(m): 10:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
along01:
~~~Prof. Wole Soyinka says, 'WHERE DID WE GO
WRONG? WAKE UP NIGERIAN YOUTHS!'~~~
"Awolowo was 37 years, Akintola 36, Ahmadu
Bello 36, Balewa 34, Okotie-Eboh 27 and Enahoro
27 and they led the struggle for Nigeria
Independence after the death of Macaulay. Only
Zik was 42 at the time!
In 1966, the first military coup was led by K
Nzeogwu who was 29 years and countered by M. Mohammed 28, T. Danjuma 28, I. Babangida 25,
J. Garba 23, Sani Abacha 23, and M. Yar'adua 23,
and brought into power Y. Gowon 32, Ojukwu 33, Obasanjo 29, and Buhari 24!
Most of the military governors who governed the states under the successive military regimes were
under 30 years.
Also, the brief democratic dispensation which
interjected the military interregnums also saw
some Senators and members of the House of
Representatives, in particular, populated by
persons under 30!
Under 30's were also not in short supply with
appointments - we have examples of MT Mbu
who became Nigeria's Foreign Affairs Minister at 23 and Pat Utomi who became a Federal Adviser at 27 and
so on and so forth!
NOW: Why is it that almost all this age bracket is today still sleeping in 3-seater chairs in their parents’ homes?
Why is it that this age bracket is today still
collecting pocket money from their parents?
writing JAMB?
Why is it that this age bracket today still 'sagg'
their trousers?
searching for jobs and not yet married?
Why is it that this age bracket is today no longer
qualified to even be leaders of youth wings of
political parties?
Why is it that this age bracket is today so docile?
Why is this age bracket today incapable of feeding itself?
Why is it that this age bracket is today barred
from
even aspiring to certain political offices?
Why is it that this age bracket is today
incapacitated,
unwilling, unable and incapable of asking
questions? GOD BLESS NIGERIA!"

This is real Food for Thought.
Our fathers and mothers failed us for not being leaders of their time and now how do we lead in our own time when we are written off as not informed or too lazy to work our way up in society?

Oh! I didn't state that those guys you mentioned above derailed our nation to being this hellish a place where tribalism and religious intolerance strongly prevail. They struggled, maimed and intimidated themselves thereby created the badblood that degenerated into tribalism.

Competition is a productive tool but now, its all about godfatherism, longleg(especially in education) and many other socioeconomic and societal rubbish.

Competition is healthy but marginalization and discrimination is counterproductive, it creates dire dissatisfaction and intolerance, we have to look inward and see if what was passed onto us is humane and sustainable, if not idiological refashioning will save us from ultimate peril.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by dearpiriye: 6:45am On Jan 11, 2016
am0s:
where the Electrical engineers
direct entry here dey,
showface
there is a de thread.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by am0s(m): 7:10am On Jan 11, 2016
dearpiriye:
there is a de thread.
ok,
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by PrinceCEE(m): 8:44am On Jan 11, 2016
yvonne111:
on a serious note....its not sleek...i might be a guy ....who knows....or a girl......just stop guessing grin

@ the bolded....

then u must be a gay grin

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by PrinceCEE(m): 9:03am On Jan 11, 2016
along01:
~~~Prof. Wole Soyinka says, 'WHERE DID WE GO
WRONG? WAKE UP NIGERIAN YOUTHS!'~~~
"Awolowo was 37 years, Akintola 36, Ahmadu
Bello 36, Balewa 34, Okotie-Eboh 27 and Enahoro
27 and they led the struggle for Nigeria
Independence after the death of Macaulay. Only
Zik was 42 at the time!
In 1966, the first military coup was led by K
Nzeogwu who was 29 years and countered by M.
Mohammed 28, T. Danjuma 28, I. Babangida 25,
J.
Garba 23, Sani Abacha 23, and M. Yar'adua 23,
and
brought into power Y. Gowon 32, Ojukwu 33,
Obasanjo 29, and Buhari 24!
Most of the military governors who governed the
states under the successive military regimes were
under 30 years.
Also, the brief democratic dispensation which
interjected the military interregnums also saw
some Senators and members of the House of
Representatives, in particular, populated by
persons under 30!
Under 30's were also not in short supply with
appointments - we have examples of MT Mbu
who
became Nigeria's Foreign Affairs Minister at 23
and Pat Utomi who became a Federal Adviser at
27 and
so on and so forth!
NOW: Why is it that almost all this age bracket is
today still sleeping in 3-seater chairs in their
parents’ homes?
collecting pocket money from their parents?
writing
JAMB?
Why is it that this age bracket today still 'sagg'
their
trousers?
searching for jobs and not yet married?
Why is it that this age bracket is today no longer
qualified to even be leaders of youth wings of
political parties?
Why is it that this age bracket is today so docile?
Why is this age bracket today incapable of
feeding itself?
Why is it that this age bracket is today barred
from
even aspiring to certain political offices?
Why is it that this age bracket is today
incapacitated,
unwilling, unable and incapable of asking
questions? GOD BLESS NIGERIA!"

This is real Food for Thought.

I've seen this post several times Buh never quoted it. Am just kinda happy that it made its way into this thread.

This is really an interesting topic to grapple on based on the status quo of this country.

First off, how many of those guys up there are still alive?
How many of them are still in office?
How can the youths assume office when tons of those old morons are still in office?

I think that it's more plausible if a coup should be carried out but now it'll be led by the youth and not the military. But seeing that we're in a Democratic country where democracy isn't fully implemented tends to make coup ' a no option'.

Every part has its own game to play starting from the government to the youths. The youths should know what's rightfully theirs while the government should create room for them.

Conclusively, we can't make any headway nor take off from the runway when the government is in shambles.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by 11michael(m): 1:01pm On Jan 11, 2016
Whew. Just left UI everywhere is still packed with people .... Mehn pharmacy students dey try.. They wrote pha 304 exams today heamatopoetics gastrointestinal tract or something like that.... #pharmacypeeps we will conquer.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 11, 2016
I thought ui is already on break?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by kelechiug: 1:32pm On Jan 11, 2016
juininho:
I thought ui is already on break?
that's according to the calender, in reality some stalites are still in session and ,some just resumed like final year students ...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Praissey: 2:14pm On Jan 11, 2016
11michael:
Whew. Just left UI everywhere is still packed with people .... Mehn pharmacy students dey try.. They wrote pha 304 exams today heamatopoetics gastrointestinal tract or something like that.... #pharmacypeeps we will conquer.
Pharmacology of the Haemopoietic System/GIT. smiley What were you doing there anyways?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by 11michael(m): 2:44pm On Jan 11, 2016
Praissey:
Pharmacology of the Haemopoietic System/GIT. smiley What were you doing there anyways?
I went to the bookstore for some books, just used the opportunity to familiarise myself with my faculty.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by horhlarhshaynee(m): 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2016
Are you a fresher? Cus you going ahead to buy textbooks means you are a staylite
If however you are a fresher, tell me how you got to know about the textbooks to be bought
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Praissey: 3:41pm On Jan 11, 2016
11michael:
I went to the bookstore for some books, just used the opportunity to familiarise myself with my faculty.
Oh, are you staying in 'High Bee' or got some sort of accommodation ni?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Praissey: 3:47pm On Jan 11, 2016
11michael:
...and BTW, I wanted to send a private message but I couldn't even type the message. I'm a newbie tho'.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by 11michael(m): 4:08pm On Jan 11, 2016
Praissey:
Oh, are you staying in 'High Bee' or got some sort of accommodation ni?
I stay in ib
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by 11michael(m): 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2016
Praissey:
...and BTW, I wanted to send a private message but I couldn't even type the message. I'm a newbie tho'.
Oh aight. #teampharm we move.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Praissey: 6:49pm On Jan 11, 2016
11michael:
Oh aight. #teampharm we move.
Na so bro.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by itsurgirlella(f): 8:27pm On Jan 11, 2016
Hi guys,I'm a nursing student 200l fresher..any other nursing stu in d ous..and pls is it true resumption is feb13,aw sure is it

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Lexxybooy(m): 8:34pm On Jan 11, 2016
Hi guys good evening greatest Uitees. It's been a wyl here hope you are all good. Happy new year, hope you are getting ready for d task and fun ahead in University of Ibadan. Hopefully it's gonna be a back2back hit by God's Grace grin.

This information is to All fresh Educators I.e those that have just been Admitted to the great Faculty of Education(D.E students inclusive). Depts of; Library Archival and Information Studies, Adult education, special education, Guidance n Counselling, health education, human kinetics, early childhood, teacher education n educational management .

A whatsapp group has been created to provide and assist u with Adequate Information needed, as well as to help u get integrated to ur various departments on time.

The NUESA President as well as other intellectual stalites of various departments are in place to assist.

#Lexy

If interested, add up n notify:
Whatsapp - +2348066523344.
BBM- 5681EF07.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by dearpiriye: 9:07pm On Jan 11, 2016
itsurgirlella:
Hi guys,I'm a nursing student 200l fresher..any other nursing stu in d ous..and pls is it true resumption is feb13,aw sure is it
drop ur no. There are de watsapp grps. Iv met 2 admitted nurses already. Yh it is.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
Ekaale ooo.. Greetings to u all... just wanna hlp wiv some stuffs as much as i can remember concerning your registration stuffs.

1. Try to pay your school nd accommodation fees on ur arrival day(if possible) or one or two days.
**Print out ur 'payment advice' before proceeding to pay at the bank.
**Go nd print out ur payment confirmation slip online after payment at the bank(a pin ll b given to u after payment which ll b needful here) ... this payment confirmation iz what u ll use to get ur school receipt.

2. Try to take ur x-ray early (on or a day after arrival) ... nd keep it safe in ur room till u ll need it.

3. Wake up early, infact if possible dnt bath or brush (free advise, take it or leave it..*grins*) rush to ur medical test centre coz the queue there is always like mtn registration centres.

**You ll take ur B.P(na blood pressure oo nt boiling point) test, height nd weight measurement plus eyes test here.(if u cnt withstand the long queue here, u can skip it nd go for ur urine test before coming back for this test)

4. This is about ur urine test. It's normally conducted at jaja, just ask ppl around they ll direct u there. You ll b given a small plastic bottle or xo to go nd 'wewe' inside nd return it to em. seems they also draw blood here for a test like that or xo ... u ll b asked to come back for ur result an hour later.. it could b two hours though.

Then if I'm right, those are all the tests for the first part.

You must ve completed all before moving to the next.

5. Take ur x-ray result to the sick-bay... it around that jaja area. u ll meet a doctor who ll check maybe ure fit from the x ray result nd then comment nd sign ur medical form. NB: You ll ve to pay for the x ray... maybe 1 or 1.5k...

After this you can then get ur jaja card.

To the new stalites, if there's anywhere i missed out, u can hlp to fill it up.

Now part 2... You can do any of this part along with the medical clearance stuffs.

1. General studies registration @GSP.. The registration here is categorized into each faculty.. nd u ll ve to register on the day designated to ur faculty or else u would wait for a whole week before another opportunity. The materials needed for registration ll b pasted on their notice board.

2. Faculty nd departmental registration. you may ve to pay some money here... nt that stressful though.

3. signing of course forms or they sometimes call it manual registration. Very stressful nd time consuming especially if the lecturer to sign for u iz forming. chai! buh u ll overcome.

4. The library registration ll also come up around this period, maybe during second or third week of resumption. It's nt that stressful just follow rules.

You must learn to stand for hours in queues...

After all this blah blah blah, u can finally call urslf a fresher nd nt jambito again.

Wishing you guys all the very best nd success!

Anyone with any other additional information can add it just to help. #cheers

Signed: OluwaTommybob.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Gbengem(m): 10:36pm On Jan 11, 2016
itsurgirlella:
yea d date hasn't changed
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by iXavier: 7:03am On Jan 12, 2016
Have to say registration can be quite frustrating

You will wake up early only to meet people already there grin
But y'all have to do it so that you won't have issues when lectures start eventually

And one more thing

If you get your room in the hall, and you meet properties there
Do not tamper with them or throw them out.
People that own them, will all come for it

So, you will get your space back.
You all will understand a bit of this when you end 100 level.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by itsurgirlella(f): 7:13am On Jan 12, 2016
08172786933..pls kindly add dis no to d whatsapp group
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by itsurgirlella(f): 7:16am On Jan 12, 2016
And sum1 said i shud go and do my xray,dunno if its being done already
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Lexxybooy(m): 10:27am On Jan 12, 2016
itsurgirlella:
not yet, they will notify u when it starts.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by itsurgirlella(f): 1:51pm On Jan 12, 2016
Lexxybooy:
not yet, they will notify u when it starts.
tnx..i appreciate
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
itsurgirlella:
If u reside in IB, u can go for ur X-ray examination now..... Just to avoid d queue
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by drizlad(m): 7:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
Anticipation toward resumption.the mistake I made in my 100l Iwon't
1) here in ui before reading any textbooks please read your note throughly if u want to spank 7point
2) don't leave any class for any registration process u can do that later
3)remember 100l is the foundation. Level please do not mess up with it start with a very good CGPA
4)remember again that here in UI there are no hard courses only exaggeration just read through and 7 point is sure
If u want to know the list of courses you will be doing in your 100l you can comment your department below I can help you get them ordo i'm a science student chemistry but I will help you get your course regardless of your department REMEMBER 'WHEN PREPERATION MEET EXPECTATIONS NOTHINH BUT SUCCESS IS ASSURED'

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by cassyrooy(m): 8:05pm On Jan 12, 2016
olatunji21:

If u reside in IB, u can go for ur X-ray examination now..... Just to avoid d queue
Hey bro, will it be accepted if i do my chest X-ray in facilities such as National Institutes for Pharmaceutical Researching & Development(NIPRD) or Maitama General Hopital and other top medical facilities in Abuja?

I have a NIPRD card.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by ajosegabriel(m): 8:07pm On Jan 12, 2016
If u reside in IB, u can go for ur X-ray examination now..... Just to avoid d queue [/quotewhen did they start that? ?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
cassyrooy:
Hey bro, will it be accepted if i do my chest X-ray in facilities such as National Institutes for Pharmaceutical Researching & Development(NIPRD) or Maitama General Hopital and other top medical facilities in Abuja?

I have a NIPRD card.
No Sir... Only UI designated venue....
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by itsurgirlella(f): 8:25pm On Jan 12, 2016
olatunji21:

..yh,i stay @ ib...will go 4 it,tnx much..

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (617) (Reply)

NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE / The medical students and aspirants thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.