Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,751 members, 7,817,081 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants - Education (539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants (1088604 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants Call 07037300634 / Federal University Of Petroleum Resources {fupre} 2015/16 Applicants / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (617) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Bboy1015(m): 1:29am On Jan 27, 2016
Khan1993:
so how am i suppose to access its boxes. Only heard of yahoomail and gmail. Is there uimail?
its powered by gmail. Just goto gmail and login
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 4:24am On Jan 27, 2016
IamLucy:
sorry so which block and room do you suggest we pick? for queen idia
Block B

Room 35-45!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Damyoung(m): 5:44am On Jan 27, 2016
good morning. #TEAM ZIK#Baluba bois

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by linconab(m): 5:55am On Jan 27, 2016
plx guyssss....help a friend ooooo I need an apartment around ui environ plx... u can whatsapp me on 09033256950
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by gaylussac: 6:06am On Jan 27, 2016
Damyoung:
good morning. #TEAM ZIK#Baluba bois
chai I was also placed in zik bt all this baluba no dey interest me ooo....I would av loved somewhere calmer sad
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by AOIF(m): 6:36am On Jan 27, 2016
Fembleez1:
This Independence(Indy) hall matter ehn. Na God go help boys o. sad

I Also Belong To Independence Hall, How Do We Go About The Accomodation Payment? Kindly Help A Kantagite.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by AOIF(m): 6:38am On Jan 27, 2016
Good Morning, Please How Do I Go About The Hall Accomodation Payment And The Mail Password?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Khan1993: 6:57am On Jan 27, 2016
Bboy1015:
oh! I see. So password am i to use. Its surely not the one we use to login our portal. Thanks in anticipation of your reply
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 27, 2016
AOIF:
I Also Belong To Independence Hall, How Do We Go About The Accomodation Payment? Kindly Help A Kantagite.

Drop your Watsapp no if you are on whatsapp!

I'm a kantagite! full blooded!

Good morning bro!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by kumpharm(f): 7:18am On Jan 27, 2016
IamLucy:
sorry so which block and room do you suggest we pick? for queen idia

Block B... Rooms from 22-60 are cool... Wouldn't advice anyone to pick 1-21 cos it's in the dungeon. 55 nd above are in the topmost floor, would'nt advice this too cos of the stress of lifting water nd all.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 27, 2016
Awoites. Block D 1-9
18-26
On no account should u choose above that,when you get there you ll understand what I mean.
Block F
1-18
E:
1-22.
And u have to be fast as in very fast in applying for accommodation

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by lurlay(f): 7:43am On Jan 27, 2016
Vibra:
[b][/b]Hmm ...To all freshers who have Obafeni Awolowo as their hall of residence....let me welcome you the way I was welcomed.

You all are welcome to Obafemi Awolowo Hall(Awo hall).Hall of amazing women only,Awo hall is the largest hall in West Africa with a total of 8 blocks.Each block contains at aleast 6floors(that is where the saying 'if you want to know an awoite check her leg).
Block A and B is for postgraduate while block C and G is for finalist hence be careful when choosing room,leaving D,E,F and H for stalites and freshers,I has just been renovated so I don't know who they wanna put there.if you want to enjoy your days as a fresher choose D or E.

They call us Awoites but we call ourselves Amazing women.
They said we are rash and not formal but we are still their Mothers.
Awo Hall is the only female hall you can live without a stove and you will get homemade soup for 2weeks(the sisterly love is there).
We don't see a sister without letting the whole venue know two awoites are greeting.
The only females that can reply and laugh at zikites and katangites during an Aro.
The only female hall that can survive more than 2 weeks without light.
The only female hall that sneeze and the whole UI shakes.

Yes we are not gentle but we are amazing.you mess with an Awoite,you mess with the whole hall.
We are their Mothers, we are their girlfriends, their sisters,their babes,zikress,the katangress.
We don't pretend to be what we are not.

We are Awoites...
good morning pls which rooms and blocks are best to choose from
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by blackblizy17: 7:44am On Jan 27, 2016
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 27, 2016
FredBloggs:
This is where they started feeling themselves. Awo has terrible water supply plus hypertrophy of the gastrocnemius muscle after 2 weeks in Awo is inevitable! sometimes we wonder weather you guys are mountain climbers or bodybuilders. oya bite me vibra. plus we came to Awo that day, the atmosphere was tensed after Idias' incident or maybe you were in one hole- reading room- jacking like no 2Mao.
lol....but you didn't enter inside,like five tedderite came in and were throwing chin-chin.I was outside shaking my head while other awoites were booing you guys

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 27, 2016
lurlay:

good morning pls which rooms and blocks are best to choose from
Check my post on it
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by zezeny: 8:50am On Jan 27, 2016
Ofatfoed:
@zezeny, i'll follow u on twitter. follow me back @themedicaid
No p bro
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by cassyrooy(m): 9:08am On Jan 27, 2016
Fembleez1:
This Independence(Indy) hall matter ehn. Na God go help boys o. sad

If you ain't scared of height then from B45 rock.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by dearpiriye: 9:19am On Jan 27, 2016
Vibra:
Awoites. Block D 1-9
18-26
On no account should u choose above that,when you get there you ll understand what I mean.
Block F
1-18
E:
1-22.
And u have to be fast as in very fast in applying for accommodation
tanks
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by cassyrooy(m): 9:24am On Jan 27, 2016
Bboy1015:
It has not been activated for use by UI, going ahead in accessing the mail only creates another account on Gmail with the UI proposed username.

UI might delete/deactivate the account for parameter breaching and violation.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Bboy1015(m): 9:27am On Jan 27, 2016
cassyrooy:
It has not been activated for use by UI, going ahead in accessing the mail only creates another account on Gmail with the UI proposed username.

UI might delete/deactivate the account for parameter breaching and violation.
i dnt think something of such exist, all i know is u'll be prompted to change ur password immediately u login, besides to me the email is useful only for hostel purpose.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by cassyrooy(m): 9:46am On Jan 27, 2016
Bboy1015:
i dnt think something of such exist, all i know is u'll be prompted to change ur password immediately u login, besides to me the email is useful only for hostel purpose.
Okay, ayaf heard you.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Bboy1015(m): 9:48am On Jan 27, 2016
cassyrooy:
Okay, ayaf heard you.
ok, which hall r u allocated
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Lexxybooy(m): 9:54am On Jan 27, 2016
AOIF:
Please How Can I Get Courses To Be Offered In Edu/cla? And The Factual Date Of Resumption. 'am New Here, Kindly Help.
welcome to Faculty of education bro! We are the nation builders, of u on whatsapp u can drop ur digits,would assist u on that
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Lexxybooy(m): 9:59am On Jan 27, 2016
Seems there are very few Kutites here, unlike last year. undecided

For Kutites tho, BLOCK A and C are freshers block.

Would advise you to pick block C, middle floor. We are three per room.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by cassyrooy(m): 10:00am On Jan 27, 2016
Bboy1015:
ok, which hall r u allocated
Nnamdi Azikiwe Hall
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by tosinpaul31(m): 10:15am On Jan 27, 2016
i rep sultan bello!!!!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Fembleez1(m): 10:26am On Jan 27, 2016
cassyrooy:
If you ain't scared of height then from B45 rock.

Hope the toilet gara sha?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Fembleez1(m): 10:28am On Jan 27, 2016
AOIF:

Boss Taylor should be in the best position for that bro.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Fembleez1(m): 10:31am On Jan 27, 2016
Mesopotamia, how far is your crib from UI?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Fembleez1(m): 10:33am On Jan 27, 2016
This Awo girls don too plenty. Which kind madness UI do self angry Now, I get too many wives for Awo. Disaster!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Bukkiminat(f): 10:35am On Jan 27, 2016
Each Hall of Residence With Its Peculiarities.
By Ojo Aderemi.
In no particular order, let's examine each of them.

1) Kenneth Mellanby Hall... (Est. 1952) Mellanby hall is a hall that is neither black nor white. You probably have heard of that saying that an average Mellanbite is a journalist. Lol. That hall has dominated the journalistic scene of UI in recent years producing the presidents of the Union of Campus Journalists 4 times in 5 years. (we'll come back to that). Mellanby Hall was the home of Nigeria's First Student Martyr -'Kunle Adepeju.

2) Lord Tedder Hall:- (Est. 1952) If you are a fresh student and your hall is Tedder you will be fine. Tedder has produced more intellectuals with global recognition than any other Hall of Residence in Unibadan. Tedder also has a history of radical students unionism. In 1952 Tedderites pulled down the wire fence that had been built around the hall. They claimed they can't live like "Zooites" and that the fence was an infringement on their freedom. As a result all Tedderites were EXPELLED from Unibadan. The "revolution" spread to other halls of residence. Funny all students were expelled. Those who wanted to come back the following session had to reapply. The ring leaders were expelled. Some later attended the University of London but still claim Lord Tedder Hall. It was the headquarters of students unionism for many years. The Hall is famous for public speaking and has, hitherto, vowed to debate Harvard University in the coming period. The tradition of radicalism in Tedder Hall will always be there. Some have posited that the hall was built on revolt. Periodic revolt against "oppression" still happens in the hall.

3) Reverend Kuti Hall:- (Est. 1954) If you have been allocated Kuti, it is either you know somebody somewhere or you know somebody that knows somebody somewhere. Or rather you are one of the luckiest freshmen. Kuti is the Hall of butter boys (based on speculation). It looks like a hotel and had been regarded the neatest Hall in previous times. Despite the dyspeptic character of the hall, it has produced more Students Union presidents than any other Hall since 1999. That is mystery.

4) Sultan Bello Hall. (Est. 1962) Sultan Bello Hall could be the most beautiful hall in Unibadan as regards its architectural design. The architect who designed the hall must have been a genius. Bello Hall is also known for public speaking and British Style of politics..

5) Queen Elizabeth II Hall. (Est. 1956) Queens Hall is a hall I don't understand. The uniqueness never dies but sometimes enters 15% or "battery low". Once in a while queens spark at you when you cross the red line. The thing I do not understand is that queens don't warn you about the Red Line. If you talk to them harshly they will reply you with equal measures. More female fresh student wants Queens Hall.

6) Great Independence Hall:- (Est. 1961) Katanga Republic is, to tell the truth, a hall of stubborn boys. The hall was built on revolt as well. Funny Katangites protested days into the commissioning of the hall. The stubbornness has continued till this day. It used to have the capacity to mobilize quickly. However, there was a period when the hall housed several extraordinary students who could engage professors in arguments (with references to adequate sources of information and facts). Those were the glory days of Great Independence Hall. When you know too much, you become too stubborn.

7) Queen Idia Hall:- (Est. 1975). If you are not an Idite, please cry. The most unique female hall of residence on the entire continent is Idia Hall. Let me tell a brief story to back my assertion. Queen Idia was mother of Oba Esigie of Benin Empire (in the 1400s). Way before the advent of Oyinbo people, Queen Idia had been advancing her feminist ideas. She was a soldier who lead field operations. She lead the Benin Empire to victory in the battle of Idah. Google search Idia or consult the Student Information Handbook (page 67-68). So you know what the character of the inhabitants of the hall will be like. A hall of lovable but stern girls -since the beginning. The hall has been involved in student struggles at every stage of it. FACT!!! Idia Hall has stampeded male halls more than 10 times in 10 years. Please don't name your kids after tough people -Idia as a case study.

cool Obafemi Awolowo Hall:- (Est. 1986) Awo hall is the largest hall of residence in West Africa. It was housed male, female and post graduate students.

9) Nnamdi Azikiwe Hall, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria:- (Est. 1962). FACT! Nnamdi Azikiwe Hall had the highest number of First Class students during the 2012/13 session with over Seventy-One Zikites on First Class. Nnamdi Azikiwe Hall is the most radical hall of residence in Nigeria. "Zik Hall" as it is famously called has a famous saying that "we will not and by shall not tolerate anything that comes in form of oppression". Zik Hall has maintained a tradition of discipline right from the beginning. Human Rights Activism and social democracy has been a long time culture of all Zikite since the beginning. They (Zikites) regard themselves as intellectual and active defenders of Human Rights. In 1971/72 sessions Zikites went on hunger strike to protest against the corruption of the hall management and the inattentiveness of the University management. The hunger strike lasted for 48 hours. Eventually a protest broke out and several students were shot. Kunle Adepeju (whom the University will be remembering in coming weeks) was killed during the protest. Zikites never vandalize properties during riots. They take it as "unnecessary". Zik Hall only allows members of the hall to contest in the Students' Union elections periodically. So the hall has not produced too many presidents of the Students' Union yet is the capital of students unionism in the University of Ibadan. Zik Hall has a tradition of ejecting student leaders who "under-perform" from the hall. When Zik Hall sneezes, it is said that the entire University of Ibadan community catches cold. Zikites, although intellectuals, are not to be insulted. A Vice Chancellor of the University once committed a blunder he wished he never did. He said Zikites are ungrateful for the kind of "toilets and bathrooms" they have... It took a plethora of pleas from the entire University community before Zikites released him from the toilet in which he was locked. The Hall Chairman was asked to face the SDC alongside other "rascals" (who are now successful people). The entire Hall went to attend the SDC sitting to solidarise with the Hall Chairman... The Zik Hall story goes on and on. If you are a Zikite please go get and read the 200 page book "Scoro 108" written by a Zikite. Zikites go any length to protect their dignity.

IN CONCLUSION, every Hall of Residence is great but some Halls of Residence are in their golden age.
NB. In the University of Ibadan there is no such thing as past glory, glory lasts forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by 11michael(m): 10:41am On Jan 27, 2016
Fembleez1:

Hope the toilet gara sha?
Gara what? Na university hostel na you go bath inside urine and poop. Normal dubz grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (617) (Reply)

NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE / The medical students and aspirants thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.