Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,320 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants - Education (559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants (1087081 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants Call 07037300634 / Federal University Of Petroleum Resources {fupre} 2015/16 Applicants / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (617) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nphzzycute(f): 2:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ofatfoed:
what matters is if u are not corrupt yourself...
hmmm fact
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 30, 2016
Khan1993:
those are educative channels. Programmes like gray anatomy and medical detective, i find appealing.
guy, which course are u in for?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Khan1993: 2:46pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ofatfoed:
guy, which course are u in for?
i thought you digged when i said esprit de corps the other day?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Khan1993: 2:50pm On Jan 30, 2016
PrinceCEE:

U can still stream with ur laptop if u've.
don't have one now but w'll see.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by temidayodamoye(m): 3:04pm On Jan 30, 2016
owoleola:
hi temi,can I av ur num?
... 09051467859
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Bukkiminat(f): 3:08pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ofatfoed:
pls, what do we need "40 passports for a start reading lamp" for?

U may need up to 40 passports for all dos rubbish registration. A particular registration may jxt ask u to submit 5 at a time.
I cud remember I went Wt 40 also n glad I did.

A reading lamp,yh! UI can b funny,xpecially if ur hall is located in GRA
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by morayho(m): 3:12pm On Jan 30, 2016
Good pm
Any info about tedder hall will be helpful i.e
the floor and room to choose, how many student per room, nearness to toilet, water and kitchenette.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Bukkiminat(f): 3:12pm On Jan 30, 2016
GetOvaMe:

WTF!

Like.... are you for real??

Now, this is riddiculously absurd!

Lool,ahhh, ts jxt for u to look formal that day naa...

N by d way
Shebi u will cook rice for ur matric,mah con chop
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Praissey: 3:17pm On Jan 30, 2016
Bukkiminat:
One more thing

Guys make sure u get a tie

U'll need dat on ur matriculation day or else u will b sent back to ur hall
shocked What a drag! undecided
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 30, 2016
Khan1993
also a radio freak
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
Bukkiminat:
One more thing

Guys make sure u get a tie

U'll need dat on ur matriculation day or else u will b sent back to ur hall

No....It's not compulsory dear...I was not dressed formally on my matric day talk less of using tie...

And I was not sent back!

I entered d venue like that! Not just me, many of my friends too!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Khan1993: 3:32pm On Jan 30, 2016
mistytohcute:

also a radio freak
i see. Thats nice
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by PrinceCEE(m): 3:34pm On Jan 30, 2016
sammydyds:

The journey no close at all..

Are food stuffs cheaper in the north?

U should be in a better position to answer that.

What about those from the east
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by PrinceCEE(m): 3:34pm On Jan 30, 2016
misspresident:

lol that's not the reason.....i posted here yesterday...how r u? hope u r having an amazine weekend??

Really hectic here embarassed
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by zezeny: 3:35pm On Jan 30, 2016
SEVEN PRINCIPLES YOU NEED TO KNOW TO REMAIN AMONG THE TOP STUDENTS IN YOUR CLASS
From my Experience
By: Adegoke Kehinde K.Cent
Faculty of Law, 400 level
I will like all newly admitted students of the University of Ibadan to take this piece serious. I have applied it and it has worked for me. Now that your halls of residence and matriculation numbers have been given to you, you are now a semi-student of the University (until you are fully matriculated). The next thing you need to start knowing now is how to build a good cgpa when you resume. Do not foget that 100 level is the easiest place to build a strong cgpa since the common rule is "the higher you go, the tougher it becomes". Below are some of the important principles that can help you build a strong cgpa, thereby remaining among the top in your class
(1). ATTEND CLASSES
Attending classes is one of the most important things you need to do before you can become part of the best in your class. It is very rare for you to see a good student in UI who don't attend classes. This is because it is in attending classes that you get to know the secret of each lecturers. That is where you get to know the likely questions that comes out in the examination. There are certain things you might not be chanced to read during exams which you will only be able to answer well in exams simply because you were in class when the lecturer taught them, and you could still remember how he taught them. This worked for me in one of my courses in 100level.
(2). LISTEN WELL WHILE IN CLASS
This principle goes alongside the first principle. It is not enough for you to attend classes, in addition, you must also listen in class. There is no difference between a person sleeping in his room and a person who goes to class distracted. From listening well in class, you tend to get the weak point of the lecturer, what he likes and what he doesn't like. Infact, if you listen well in class, for some courses, you can easily guess the questions that will be set in the exams.
(3). READ AHEAD OF EXAMS
This is also another very important principle. The University is a place different from secondary school. Here, you have bulk of topics to cover for each course. The habit of waiting till exam comes before reading cannot help you if you want to be among the top students in you class. This is because, if you read ahead of exams, all you just need to do during exam is to revise what you have read not starting afresh which will make the topics new to you. Also, if you read ahead of exams, during exam you don't read under pressure since you are already familiar with the topics and all you just have to do is revision. But when the notes are too much because you haven't been reading them, you tend to read under pressure because you want to cover as many topics as possible within few time and this may negatively affect your assimilation rate.
(4). BE ON GOOD TERMS WITH YOUR LECTURERS
This is such an important principle to note. Your relationship with your lecturers also matters. A good student does not disrespect his/her lecturer. This is because, these lecturers have power over your scripts after you might have submitted them. There are some mistakes you make, which could be over-looked depending on the lecturer's discretion. Your relationship with your lecturers will determine whether such mistake will be over-looked for you. No matter how brilliant you are, if you are not in good terms with your lecturers, your efforts might be frustrated. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying being in good terms with your lecturers guarantees you A's, NO, I'm only saying it may work for you sometimes when the lecturer needs to use his/her discretion in some cases
(5). DISCUSS WITH A PARTNER AND HAVE THE MINDSET OF 70
Discussing what you've read during exams also help. That is why some people form group discussions. It really helps because what you've said with your mouth in such discussion and you've analysed, you cannot forget again. For people that don't like group discussion (like me), it is better you have a reading partner. This person must obviously be a serious minded fellow as well. If you do, both of you will force each other to read, because you don't want the other person to by-pass you. And when you discuss what you've read together, you have better understanding of them.
The other part of this principle is that you need to have a mindset of 70s. No matter how tough a course might seems, you need to work towards at least 70. If the worst now happens, you may eventually get a 5 point, which may still be okay in some cases. But if you relent on a course because it is too tough, the result might be woeful. Also if you know that there is likely a course where you might possibly not do well, the best thing for you is to make sure you have the best result in the other courses so as to cover up for the losses in the one you didn't do well. That is how it works. First Class Students are not magicians, they also perform woefully in some courses, but they cover up for such woeful performance by doing extra-ordinarilly well in other courses. You may also try that.
(6). KNOW THYSELF; DO NOT COMPROMISE
The act of compromising might not do you any favour because what works for A might not work for B. If you know you are the library type, that is, you cannot read and assimilate unless you visit the library, then do that often. But if you are not the library type, but you go to library because you see your friends going there and you don't want to be tagged the "unserious type", I tell you, you are making a big mistake because in the long-run, you will find out you have totally wasted your time. Some people are the type who cannot assimilate until they visit the library, for some it is a quiet place but certainly not the library, while for some it is in their room, on their bed (like me). You need to know where you belong. For my four years in the University of Ibadan, I have never stepped into the Keneth Dike Library (KDL) to read before. I have also not gone out of my hostel to read before. I read inside my room, and it's working for me. Yet some will immediately sleep off if they try that. Meanwhile, I will sleep off if I go to read in the library. So I know what works for me and I applied it, and it's working for me. So also, you need to apply this principle so as to excel in your course of study.
(7). BELIEVE IN GOD
This is the most important principle. The 'G' factor is very compulsory. It is God who crowns our efforts. There are some mistakes you make in exams which you don't know yourself, this is where God comes in again. It takes His grace for the lecturer to overlook such mistake. Once you have submitted your script in an exam, you don't have power over it any longer, it is now God in action to make the lecturer favour you. It is He that will make the lecturer mark your script at that time when he is in a good mood not when he is in a bad mood and will wrong every little mistake. So if you are a Christian, after each exam, commit it into God's hand. If you are a Muslim, commit it into Allah's hand.
In conclusion, a strict application of the seven principles above will make you be among the best in your class. I have tried it, it works for me. I have recommended it to people before you, they gave testimonies. I believe if you strictly abide by them, after your first year in the University of Ibadan, you will come back to thank me. To be a First Class student is not magic. It is not hard. It is infact one of the simplest things on earth. You just need to understand and apply some principles some of which is written above. They are more than this but time and space will not allow me to write everything in my head. Feel fee to contact me on my numbers below if you are passionate about being the best in your course of study in UI, so that we can put you through. To see you guys excell is my joy.
Once again, I welcome you to the University of Ibadan.
Pls re-broadcast this to as many groups as possible
Goodluck !
Signed:
K.CENT
BB Pin: 2944604E
Twitter: @UI_Gossipz

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by jhybho: 3:45pm On Jan 30, 2016
morayho:
Good pm
the floor and room to choose, how many student per room, nearness to toilet, water and kitchenette.
u wanna kwn? wats in it 4 me bruv?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by mkdonald(m): 3:52pm On Jan 30, 2016
Packup:
u will do 6courses
Eco104(mathematics for economists)
Eco101(introduction to economics 1)
Ges101(general studies)
Other 3borrowed courses frm other dept(geo,pols,soc)
thanks man..ges 101 is use of english and eco 101 is about microeconomics right?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Packup(m): 4:10pm On Jan 30, 2016
morayho:
Good pm
we ve 3floors nd a dungeon...........I will recommend 27 to 50,they allocate 3per room with sometimes 3,2bunks and a cupboard,nearness to toilet?lol u like to dey shit,deres is always water......d kichenette is ok,but it will become useless after like 4th week
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Packup(m): 4:11pm On Jan 30, 2016
mkdonald:
thanks man..ges 101 is use of english and eco 101 is about microeconomics right?
yeap
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by kumpharm(f): 4:18pm On Jan 30, 2016
Nphzzycute:
no big deal u say...nigeria is so much corrupt

Hello young lady... Last year, the x-ray thingy was done by a man too. You'll be asked to pull off your top or anything you have on, but then you'd be given a kinda blue hospital gown to wear... Nothing's gonna be seen.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by GetOvaMe: 4:20pm On Jan 30, 2016
Bukkiminat:

Lool,ahhh, ts jxt for u to look formal that day naa...
N by d way Shebi u will cook rice for ur matric,mah con chop
Lol. Abi.. That's if all the stress no kill me before that day...

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by kumpharm(f): 4:21pm On Jan 30, 2016
Taylor184:

No....It's not compulsory dear...I was not dressed formally on my matric day talk less of using tie...

And I was not sent back!

I entered d venue like that! Not just me, many of my friends too!

Formal dressing was made compulsory last year.. Lotta peeps were sent back and also those without a tie...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2016
kumpharm:

Formal dressing was made compulsory last year.. Lotta peeps were sent back and also those without a tie...

That's serious...

UI be forming serious school sha
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by dearpiriye: 4:37pm On Jan 30, 2016
Is it compulsory to go for the matric as a fresher?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by AOIF(m): 4:48pm On Jan 30, 2016
Taylor184:

That's serious...

UI be forming serious school sha
It's The Mindset Of Seriousness From The Onset.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by kumpharm(f): 5:00pm On Jan 30, 2016
dearpiriye:
Is it compulsory to go for the matric as a fresher?

It ain't compulsory, but it's necessary. It's compulsory you sign the Matriculation Register as the Register will be closed by 3pm on the Matriculation day. Plus a few necessary infos are said during the ceremony.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by morayho(m): 5:30pm On Jan 30, 2016
Packup:
we ve 3floors nd a dungeon...........I will recommend 27 to 50,they allocate 3per room with sometimes 3,2bunks and a cupboard,nearness to toilet?lol u like to dey shit,deres is always water......d kichenette is ok,but it will become useless after like 4th week
thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 30, 2016
Khan1993:
i thought you digged when i said esprit de corps the other day?
yea. i asked that "are u a fresher"? and u said "esprite de corps" so i knew u are a fresher. but i didn't ask for ur course then. so, what's ur course?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 30, 2016
Bukkiminat:

U may need up to 40 passports for all dos rubbish registration. A particular registration may jxt ask u to submit 5 at a time.
I cud remember I went Wt 40 also n glad I did.

A reading lamp,yh! UI can b funny,xpecially if ur hall is located in GRA
so, what size are we going to get for the passports? is it 5.2cmx5.2cm or normal size? and with what colour background? white abi?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by mhizfranca: 5:42pm On Jan 30, 2016
kelechiug:
na firewood sure pass grin grin
loool
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 30, 2016
kumpharm:

Hello young lady... Last year, the x-ray thingy was done by a man too. You'll be asked to pull off your top or anything you have on, but then you'd be given a kinda blue hospital gown to wear... Nothing's gonna be seen.
thank you jare. at last there is an answer. cc: Nphzzycute
Re: University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
zezeny i already followed u on twitter, here's my account: @TheMedicaid

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (617) (Reply)

NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE / The medical students and aspirants thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.