Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Start Up Review: Socialreachng - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Start Up Review: Socialreachng (2695 Views)

How Much Does It Take To Start Up A Website Or Blog? / Start up company Needs A Low Budget Website / Post Your Nigerian Start Up Dot Com Ventures Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Start Up Review: Socialreachng by payne4real(m): 3:43pm On Nov 03, 2014
pls review my new Start Up - Socialreachng. Pls constructive criticisms thank you and God bless. Please wish me luck!

(c)@onyegbu

About
Socialreachng is a new crowd-speaking platform that lets supporters of a cause pledge to share a message at a certain time, thereby boosting the audience of the message by substantially. Users can opt to share the predetermined message on their personal Twitter or Facebook accounts. It can be described as an “online flash mob” as it allows you to reach users that you wouldn’t usually be able to. It’s important to note that when you sign up to use Socialreachng, you’re authorising the app to share a single message on your behalf. After the campaign is over, Socialreachng promises not to spam your account.

Socialreachng is open to use for non profits, government agencies, individuals, and anything in between.

How do I use Socialreachng?

In order to create a Socialreachng account you need a Facebook or Twitter account to connect it with. When you log in, you’ll be directed to a dashboard that will give you an overview of your scheduled Socialreachng. To start a new Socialreachng go to the top right hand corner of the screen and click “Start a Socialreach.” That will direct you to the next screen where you’ll be able to fill out a name, category, message, and photo. The “message” is what your followers are going to tweet out, so we suggest the use of few hashtags and keeping it short incase anyone wants to add a message before the tweet. You can see what your message looks like in the top right hand corner and personalize it to make sure it looks just right.
You also might want to personalize the picture you use, and share the same picture across multiple social media platforms to add some consistency to your campaign. Campaigns are typically authorized between 1-3 days, the entire website is free (unless you want to use Standard for #15,000 or Premium for #30,000 per campaign) and it’s really easy to use.
Another really cool part of Socialreachng is the option to create updates for your followers. You can do this in the “Project Update” tab under the “My Socialreach” section of your admin page. Supporters love staying up to date and to see how they’re making a difference in your campaign, every before it’s over. Also, saying “thank you” never hurt anyone! Thank your supporters for their support up until this point, or thank them after the campaign is over.

How do I market Socialreachng?

Socialreachng.com has a guide on how to promote and run a successful Socialreachng campaign. The guide includes how to optimize your campaign, marketing templates, and much more.
Here’s a quick summary of the guide:
• Keep your message short and sweet (I support meaningful volunteer experiences #TeamUnitedNigeria)
• Set a deadline of 2-3 weeks.
• Socialreachng suggest promoting through email, embedded website, twitter, Facebook, tumblr, and youtube.
• Make sure to have a clear call to action and to specify that you want them to join through Socialreachng(not just “like” your Facebook status)
• Use “Updates” to rally support for your campaign and/or to update supporters on your campaign’s progress.

https://www.facebook.com/socialreachng/info
https://twitter.com/socialreachng
https://socialreachng.com

1 Like

Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by onyengbu: 5:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
Cool...

1 Like

Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by maekhel(m): 5:11pm On Nov 03, 2014
nice concept. cool and simple layout. OK my review:
1. its not responsive
2. the search feature not working

1 Like

Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by spikesC(m): 7:11pm On Nov 03, 2014
The idea makes sense. I love it

But i don't like the design. The simplicity is ok, but it is too plain.
The colour combination is awful (Red, blach, grey and green)

I suppose you would want to market this internationally, so why the Nigerian representations everywhere

3 Likes

Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by payne4real(m): 7:20pm On Nov 03, 2014
maekhel:
1. its not responsive
ok noted thanks
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by payne4real(m): 7:23pm On Nov 03, 2014
spikesC:

I suppose you would want to market this internationally, so why the Nigerian representations everywhere
thanks Bro.i don't have the fund to go international
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by onyengbu: 7:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
maekhel:
1. its not responsive
Good.

It was responsive for only < 320px screen; now I have fixed that for up to 640px, so that is fixed.

Search feature will be live in a flash too.

Thanx.
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by onyengbu: 8:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
maekhel:
1. its not responsive
Search is also go!
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by spikesC(m): 8:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
payne4real:

thanks Bro.i don't have the fund to go international

Trust me, i would market this idea internationally before Nigeria
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by payne4real(m): 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
Keep it coming web master
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by josieboy55(m): 8:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
spikesC:

Trust me, i would market this idea internationally before Nigeria

My broda tell him ooh , such ideas are nt easily sold in Nigeria .

The design is so wack (Hence d reason he cnt go international) . Color Riot
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by josieboy55(m): 8:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
spikesC:

my broda tell him ooh . Na dis kind design dey make user close website after 2 seconds of visit.
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by onyengbu: 8:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
josieboy55:

My broda tell him ooh , such ideas are nt easily sold in Nigeria .

The design is so wack (Hence d reason he cnt go international) . Color Riot
Butt hurt school boy grin WHat do you know about colors?
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by josieboy55(m): 9:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
onyengbu:

Butt hurt school boy grin WHat do you know about colors?

be humble nd learn more , ur design is so wack .

go to w3schools nd learn css3 , simple.
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by onyengbu: 9:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
josieboy55:

be humble nd learn more , ur design is so wack .

go to w3schools nd learn css3 , simple.
LOL! I expect you to present your review not throw insults. Everyone knows you can throw insults well.

Just be specific so we will know you understand what you are trying to cricticize.

We are talking about actual webdesign/development here not copying and editing templates like you do.

Ol boy, I just cant help you just go and hide make beta people talk.
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by josieboy55(m): 9:11pm On Nov 03, 2014
onyengbu:

LOL! I expect you to present your review not throw insults. Everyone knows you can throw insults well.

Just be specific so we will know you understand what you are trying to cricticize.

We are talking about actual webdesign/development here not copying and editing templates like you do.

Ol boy, I just cant help you just go and hide make beta people talk.

hahaha . don't u get it .

My review is "Your Design is Wack" .

Did somebody actually pay for this
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by CreativeWeb2: 9:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
It's a nice idea. You actually wanted to do a clone of thunderclap.com, but I think you should have done a better UI.

1. The logo is a no no.
2. It's not responsive. You did for 320px, but you need to do others like 480px, 640px, 800px.
3. The UI is really poor (I can actually overhaul the UI for you. Just a small fee).
4. The color theory is poor.
5. The forntend doesnt look professional.
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by onyengbu: 9:42pm On Nov 03, 2014
CreativeWeb2:
It's a nice idea. You actually wanted to do a clone of thunderclap.com, but I think you should have done a better UI.

1. The logo is a no no.
2. It's not responsive. You did for 320px, but you need to do others like 480px, 640px, 800px.
3. The UI is really poor (I can actually overhaul the UI for you. Just a small fee).
Now thats a review BUT here are my answers:

1. Logo is not mine.
2. Can I get screenshots of your 480px, 640px
3. No leave the UI like it is; like you said, its a clone of thunderclap and thats exactly what the owner wants. If the UI is not like thunderclap tell me.
4. The color theory again is thunderclap and some of them change dynamically with the number of supports received on that particular campaign.
5. How does a professional front end look like? Abeg tell me.

Apart from minor rearrangement of the homepage, its clone of thunderclap.
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by CreativeWeb2: 10:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
onyengbu:

Now thats a review BUT here are my answers:

1. Logo is not mine.
2. Can I get screenshots of your 480px, 640px
3. No leave the UI like it is; like you said, its a clone of thunderclap and thats exactly what the owner wants. If the UI is not like thunderclap tell me.
4. The color theory again is thunderclap and some of them change dynamically with the number of supports received on that particular campaign.
5. How does a professional front end look like? Abeg tell me.

Apart from minor rearrangement of the homepage, its clone of thunderclap.

Maybe a homepage like this. With flat design.

Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by CreativeWeb2: 10:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by onyengbu: 10:22pm On Nov 03, 2014
CreativeWeb2:

ok. So that one is professional? I see.
Is that a 640px screenshot of the socialreach site you posted last?
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by onyengbu: 10:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
CreativeWeb2:

ok. So that one is professional? I see. What made you think the owner will choose your "professional" over what he already have.
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by josieboy55(m): 10:43pm On Nov 03, 2014
CreativeWeb2:

1. The logo is a no no.

My brother if i talk e go be like say i dey beef d guy .
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by onyengbu: 10:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
josieboy55:

My brother if i talk e go be like say i dey beef d guy .

mtseww...
By the way, why you come comot your modified template website from your profile just because I called you out earlier.
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by moderatorr: 5:25am On Nov 04, 2014
onyengbu:
ok. So that one is professional? I see. What made you think the owner will choose your "professional" over what he already have.
@CreativeWeb actually posted a much better design. You should take a cue or pay him to fix your design.
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by payne4real(m): 8:15am On Nov 04, 2014
Ok, waiting for more
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by onyengbu: 8:48am On Nov 04, 2014
moderatorr:

@CreativeWeb actually posted a much better design. You should take a cue or pay him to fix your design.
Ol boy, I thought you said I cant get it to be like thunderclap. Now you want me to go for a "better" design abi? Sorry, we dont want a better design, we have a focal point and we based everything on it. What you should be concerned about now is to review it on that line.

The sheer amount of energy you guys spend on trying to get a job from another persons job is such a shame.
Abeg go and face your taekwando lessons. We are talking web design here.

**I dont know if you know I actually enjoy your back-and-forth. The last time we did it on the other thread, it landed me mouth watering jobs. So maybe we should do it again.**
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by josieboy55(m): 9:05am On Nov 04, 2014
onyengbu:
mtseww...
By the way, why you come comot your modified template website from your profile just because I called you out earlier.

u think say na everybody they clone website , or use templates like you

and ur brain no tell u make u inspect the source see wether na template

Poor Boy
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by josieboy55(m): 9:08am On Nov 04, 2014
onyengbu:

Ol boy, I thought you said I cant get it to be like thunderclap. Now you want me to go for a "better" design abi? Sorry, we dont want a better design, we have a focal point and we based everything on it. What you should be concerned about now is to review it on that line.

The sheer amount of energy you guys spend on trying to get a job from another persons job is such a shame.

**I dont know if you know I actually enjoy your back-and-forth. The last time we did it on the other thread, it landed me mouth watering jobs. So maybe we should do it again.**

u couldn't even clone d website properly . lol

even with expo u no fit pass exam
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by onyengbu: 12:26pm On Nov 04, 2014
josieboy55:

u couldn't even clone d website properly . lol

even with expo u no fit pass exam
If you dont have anything to say about the website, create a thread for insults and invite me there.
I told you I am done talking with kids and I mean it.
Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by moderatorr: 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
onyengbu:

You always think everybody is against you, then you start attacking every comment.
The owner of the site asked for review. When web masters give their review, instead of effecting changes you jump out and start attacking like a stray dog.
On the other thread, another of your client showed up asking for review on a website you did for him and complaining about your skills and arogance ( www..com ), when web masters said your design was very poor. Instead of asking clearer questions you decided to start attacking everybody.
You even quoted me there, asking for comments. I just didn't want to comment.
If you insist on knowing my comment on your design on www..com too. It would be a painful one to here. The site is a disaster on pc.

This one too ( www.socialreachng.com . You tried to your level, but you are very very poor with design.
People have already mentioned that, so i'm going to talk about something else.
The site is very slow. It has less than 50 users and opens 10 times slower than nairaland!
What will happen when it gets to 1000 users?
I don't even need to start pointing out more design flaws and how best to approach their correction because you are too proud for your coat.
Forget web design, You should just go into blogging because you are big talkative or you come and get schooled on web design.
Honest review is not easy to get. Your best friends are those who can review your work and tell you whatt is wrong without giving a shii about who you are. Customers will just walk away.
Be professional when you relate to people.

1 Like

Re: Start Up Review: Socialreachng by josieboy55(m): 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2014
moderatorr:

You always think everybody is against you, then you start attacking every comment.
The owner of the site asked for review. When web masters give their review, instead of effecting changes you jump out and start attacking like a stray dog.
On the other thread, another of your client showed up asking for review on a website you did for him and complaining about your skills and arogance ( www..com ), when web masters said your design was very poor. Instead of asking clearer questions you decided to start attacking everybody.
You even quoted me there, asking for comments. I just didn't want to comment.
If you insist on knowing my comment on your design on www..com too. It would be a painful one to here. The site is a disaster on pc.

This one too ( www.socialreachng.com . You tried to your level, but you are very very poor with design.
People have already mentioned that, so i'm going to talk about something else.
The site is very slow. It has less than 50 users and opens 10 times slower than nairaland!
What will happen when it gets to 1000 users?
I don't even need to start pointing out more design flaws and how best to approach their correction because you are too proud for your coat.
Forget web design, You should just go into blogging because you are big talkative or you come and get schooled on web design.
Honest review is not easy to get. Your best friends are those who can review your work and tell you whatt is wrong without giving a shii about who you are. Customers will just walk away.
Be professional when you relate to people.

Right on point.

I just pity all the clients that wasted their money . and Payne4real.

That is why you should thoroughly review every web developer / designer's portfolio before giving out a project.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scam Alert: Don Williams Oseni Is A Broke Scammer / :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! / FCMB Webpay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.