Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

:-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! (2694 Views)

Webmasters,help Me Rate My Website. / Webmasters Help Me In Criticizing My Blog / Pls, Dear Nairaland Webmasters, Help Me Review My Website. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

:-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by josyisback(m): 6:32pm On Jun 19, 2008
i design a site for a school last year and now they are asking me to make the site result checking enabled.please i would like someone to help me with a script that could do something like.let say some thing l;ike waecdirect.org or myjambresult.com ,it most not use in and exam number,it could be using username and password.please i would like this as soon as possible.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by yawatide(f): 7:05pm On Jun 19, 2008
wat u r asking for my friend is a full blown app, an app that can't be implemented on a forum. If you have no idea of what to do, I strongly suggest you pay someone to do it or c if there is someone willing to collab with you, that you get them involved.

Hopefully, when you built version 1, you made it such that you could easily plug in other sections.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by josyisback(m): 7:24pm On Jun 19, 2008
yawa-ti-de:

what you're asking for my friend is a full blown app, an app that can't be implemented on a forum. If you have no idea of what to do, I strongly suggest you pay someone to do it or c if there is someone willing to collab with you, that you get them involved.

Hopefully, when you built version 1, you made it such that you could easily plug in other sections.

i have built the site,all i need is a folder as in/result where student of the school can check thier result online.please i need the script.and about collabo,i could do such but i want something i could use to do more because am webmaster to three school site.i could pay anyone that would get me the script.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by josyisback(m): 7:38pm On Jun 19, 2008
and note that it most not be implemented here,i can be given a link to the script like a script stored in rapid share.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by SamMilla1(m): 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2008
why dont you try posting the url here.
That will be easier for people to determine the kind of script that will be good for he site.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by zizou4me: 7:44pm On Jun 19, 2008
If u want to have it done callme on 08056461656,08035745927.call me noooowwwwwwwwwww
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by yawatide(f): 7:47pm On Jun 19, 2008
@josyisback
Trust me. You will need more than copy and paste. Why? because when something goes wrong, since you are copying and pasting without understanding, you wont know how to debug.

Just give it to someone else to do. That's the best advice i can give you, which something tells me you probably won't take cos you want to chop by yourself and so r willing to work hard and not smart.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by smartsoft(m): 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2008
You think say na beans to cook up codes ? can i have a chat with Ya wa huh ?
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by yawatide(f): 8:29pm On Jun 19, 2008
@smartsoft
my email address is public. all u hv to do is send an email
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by Afam(m): 9:55am On Jun 20, 2008
If you have PHP and MySQL enabled on your server I can build the script for you.

Send an email to afam@justwebservices.com and carefully list your requirements and functionalities including the information that may be stored and retrieved especially the parameters that would be used to retrieve information from whatever you want stored.

Considering the fact that this is an existing project you will be required to pay N20,000.00 only and in 24hrs of accessing the money your script will be handed over to you. The script will be developed from scratch so as to accommodate any requirement you may have.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by josyisback(m): 11:47am On Jun 20, 2008
SAM MILLA:

why don't you try posting the url here.
That will be easier for people to determine the kind of script that will be good for he site.

you see,i have removed the former pages from the server.so there is nothing thier presently.all you need is to just give me any script you have in mine and i would try it out

yawa-ti-de:

@josyisback
Trust me. You will need more than copy and paste. Why? because when something goes wrong, since you are copying and pasting without understanding, you wont know how to debug.

Just give it to someone else to do. That's the best advice i can give you, which something tells me you probably won't take because you want to chop by yourself and so r willing to work hard and not smart.
ok can you do it?
smartsoft:

You think say na beans to cook up codes ? can i have a chat with Ya wa huh ?

i no sey no be beans but i needed it and i thought this is the best place to ask.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by Afam(m): 1:36pm On Jun 20, 2008
@josyisback,

Check your mail quota, the reply to your email was rejected based on user exceeding the disk quota.

Error 01373: User's Disk Quota Exceeded.
Sorry, your intended recipient has too much mail stored
in his mailbox.
Your message totalled 4 Kbytes.
However a small (< 1Kb) message will be delivered should
you wish to inform your recipient you tried to email.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by yawatide(f): 4:01pm On Jun 20, 2008
@josy
Yes, I can do it and as a matter of fact have done it many, many times.

Will I do it for you? If you are paying, yes but if you aren't, no, unfortunately not. Why? I have mouths to feed.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by Afam(m): 6:12pm On Jun 20, 2008
yawa-ti-de:

@josy
Yes, I can do it and as a matter of fact have done it many, many times.

You have done it several times? Could you confirm that you have done this several times.

Your response will go a long way in addressing an important issue here on this forum.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by yawatide(f): 6:19pm On Jun 20, 2008
@Afam
Sorry, but my works are not for public display. If you want to know me and/or what I do, (virtually) meet with me and I will be glad to show you what I have done.

I know who I am and what I can and can not do and as far as this issue is concerned, I can and have done it, so much so that I don't even bother writing it from scratch - I just copy, paste and change around db parameters and db form field names. Am I bragging? Nope. I am just saying it like it is.

I could paste the code on here but what help will that do? The poster will just copy, paste, experience problems and then come back here to ask us to debug the code. I have seen it on other posts on here. Why would this one be any different? Besides, the poster won't be learning this way.

Again, if he is on a tight deadline, my advice is to find someone who will do it for him. It doesn't have to be me, but if it is, I will be 1000% honest, I have bills and won't do such for free. Debugging html, sure but not business logic.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by Afam(m): 6:36pm On Jun 20, 2008
@yawa-ti-de,

Thanks for your reply. I have confirmed what I needed to confirm.

No, my question had nothing to do with your capabilities neither was I asking you to display it here.

Rather, it was to bring out the inconsistency in your positions as regards one person doing web projects.

On another thread you used the word incest to describe the idea of one person doing a web project.

Now, you have done this over and over again. Why you? Why one person?

Why not a team? Why not get a database expert, web design expert, a tester, ok you do the coding, get a project manager and of course an interface guy so that you could develop the project?

I would want to believe that the reason you were able to do it yourself (correct me if I am wrong) is that you understood the different aspect to the extent you could handle it.

Knowledge is there for anyone that wants it.

People should not be insulted or criticized for doing things they know how to do.

Like I stated, my question was not about your capabilities, in fact I admire people that learn a lot of things.

I am a chemical engineer with process engineering experience yet I run www.justwebservices.com alone and www.justalternativepower.com with about 4 people and these businesses are doing well.

I chose to say bye bye to paid employment after having short but memorable stints at 2 multinational oil companies in the world and I do not have any regrets whatsoever.

My point is this, it is not a crime for someone to know enough to do what 2, 3 or 4 people could have done.

Good luck.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by yawatide(f): 6:54pm On Jun 20, 2008
@Afam
Well, funny you didn't ask but I will tell nonetheless:

I have 2 jobs actually. I have a professional job (where I work with a team, aka collaboration) and I have a side job (where I work by myself. Why? Because I can't afford to pay for workers so I make do with my situation. That in no way means I know it all. As they say, na condition dey make crayfish bend) where I do maybe 5 jobs a year. Basically, it is for residual income.

Having said that, I still stand my ground that working in groups as opposed to working in isolation is the best. You benefit that way from economies of scale. And yes, and perhaps the word was too strong for you, when you work alone, sure you know what you know, but it is limited, hence my use of the word, "incest" or "in-breeding" - all you know is based within you, not shared between peoples. When you die, it dies with you. If something tragic happens in your life (I am not wishing it on you but things happen), it is trapped within you. Counter that with sharing knowledge with different peoples, benefiting form that knowledge and applying it to your daily lives. Why do you think it is a fact that a business partnership or joint stock situation is better than sole proprietorship?

By the way, your alternative power business, you say you are working with 4 pple. That my friend is collaboration. Why do you have 4 pple wen you could easily run that by yourself? I won't make any assumptions and wait for you to answer that, if you so wish.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by Afam(m): 7:00pm On Jun 20, 2008
Hello,

We shall continue this tomorrow.

Sharing knowledge is not exactly the same thing as collaboration, mind you.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by SamMilla1(m): 7:13pm On Jun 20, 2008
You guys are moving away from solving the problems of the poster.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by yawatide(f): 8:38pm On Jun 20, 2008
@SAM_MILLA
Yeah, true. Sorry about that.

@Afam
I would have loved to "continue this tomorrow" but sorry, no be fight. Also, based on the following statement:
Sharing knowledge is not exactly the same thing as collaboration, mind you.

On that. I bid my adieu, yield the floor to the actual topic and remove my notification to this thread.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by OmniPotens(m): 10:26am On Jun 21, 2008
Please can you duo get to the main topic of the post? The collab thread is there and still fresh to sort this out. I must tell you something, this single and collab issue cannot be easily solved.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by josyisback(m): 1:13pm On Jun 21, 2008
@yawa-ti-de,i want to also learn it as u do it,if not so,i would have contacted other webmasters in jos(we have alot here).you see,i want to maintain by position as an individual freelance and i expected you to help me out.

@SAM MILLA
cant you be of any help?

@yawa-ti-de
how much would you charge me,if i may ask?
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by Afam(m): 1:18pm On Jun 21, 2008
@yawa-ti-de,

"Continuing this tomorrow" meant I didn't have the time to do a reply, I am not fighting with you as there is no reason to.

The point has been made. You also suffer from in-breeding and you have agreed that your style is incest. This was what I wanted to clarify as the inconsistency has been exposed.

@topic,

I guess solutions have been provided to the guy needing help. It all depends on what is agreeable between him and anyone willing to provide the script.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by josyisback(m): 2:02pm On Jun 21, 2008
i have not yet gotten the solution.so wats up?

@afam,i didnt get ur email,send it again.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by Afam(m): 2:49pm On Jun 21, 2008
josyisback:

i have not yet gotten the solution.so wats up?

@afam,i didnt get your email,send it again.

Hi. The MTA program at mta5-2.us4.outblaze.com was unable to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error.

<jossylala@fastermail.com>:
Error 01373: User's Disk Quota Exceeded.
Sorry, your intended recipient has too much mail stored
in his mailbox.
Your message totalled 5 Kbytes.
However a small (< 1Kb) message will be delivered should
you wish to inform your recipient you tried to email.

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Return-Path: <afam@justwebservices.com>
Received: (qmail 6469 invoked by uid 0); 21 Jun 2008 13:39:30 -0000
X-OB-Received: from unknown (192.168.9.134)
by mta5-2.us4.outblaze.com; 21 Jun 2008 13:39:30 -0000
Received: from app01.sm.onr.chicago.hostway (fw.mfg.onr.siteprotect.com [64.26.60.152])
by spf5-1.us4.outblaze.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 3BB3E63D23
for <jossylala@fastermail.com>; Sat, 21 Jun 2008 13:39:29 +0000 (GMT)
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by app01.sm.onr.chicago.hostway (Postfix) with ESMTP id 2575E8DC0B0
for <jossylala@fastermail.com>; Sat, 21 Jun 2008 08:39:29 -0500 (CDT)
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: AtMail PHP 5.2
Message-ID: <51937.1214055569@justwebservices.com>
To: obinna onwude <jossylala@fastermail.com>
Reply-To: afam@justwebservices.com
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="=_2cc97483dbf2053c53c5d9ccd24ad0a4"
X-Origin: 82.128.22.27
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 08:39:29 -0500
Subject: Re: Re: result checker

--=_2cc97483dbf2053c53c5d9ccd24ad0a4
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by yawatide(f): 5:53pm On Jun 21, 2008
@Afam
Ignored

@josy
I did say I wouldn't reply to this but seeing your post and your approach, I am compelled to break my promise. Send me a URL and/or contact me via my email address and I will see what I can do. I won't charge you by the way. I was only kidding to see your reaction and judging from it, I can tell you are a very humble person.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by OmniPotens(m): 6:17pm On Jun 21, 2008
I will like to know how to do this task. If anyone is willing to offer me with a tutorial on this, I will appreciate it so much. I wouldn't mind if you charge me anyway. The knowledge is all I need and I guess may webmasters out here will also want to learn to do this too.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by Afam(m): 6:30pm On Jun 21, 2008
yawa-ti-de:

@Afam
Ignored

Typical Nigerian hypocrite, say one thing, do another. And when exposed they either avoid the issue or turn to insults.

I am cool to know that you consider what you do incest and in-breeding. Next time think well before putting down your thoughts on a public forum.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by OmniPotens(m): 7:02pm On Jun 21, 2008
@Afam
Why not forget this stuff and get busy with more important things. It is needless emphasizing on this issue all day because there will certainly be no victory there. Let go the argument. There are more important things to talk about.

Ok, back to the thread's topic, can you teach me how to make up the codes for such a project?
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by Kobojunkie: 5:49am On Jun 22, 2008
From reading your many posts @Poster, I am not exactly sure what "script" you are actually looking for here. From what I understand so far, it seems Jamb/WAEC exposes some services you are looking to consume and as someone said earlier, you need more than copy and paste to get that working. At least, this is what I think you are trying to accomplish.

I would suggest you look at the documentation available on the service or API and usually you are given an idea of what exactly you need to do to take advantage of the service. Problem is you fail to inform us of what technology is involved here and actual information on what you have done and if possible, what errors you may have run into.
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by Afam(m): 2:59pm On Jun 22, 2008
OmniPotens:

@Afam
Why not forget this stuff and get busy with more important things. It is needless emphasizing on this issue all day because there will certainly be no victory there. Let go the argument. There are more important things to talk about.

It is not about victories, it is about exposing one's inconsistency and hypocrisy.

OmniPotens:

Ok, back to the thread's topic, can you teach me how to make up the codes for such a project?

The same logic behind using usernames and passwords to access restricted information is used here, this time with either names, exam numbers or any other parameter and a passcode which may be regular password or number etc.

If you can create a user restricted page then you can create the script.

The bottomline is that information will be retrieved based on any set of parameters you choose to filter the information.

Hope this makes sense. Enjoy!
Re: :-[webmasters Help Need Urgently! by uspry1(f): 10:11pm On Jun 22, 2008
@Kobojunkie
Poster asks for helping to seek webmaster(s) to create secured login system the similar to the following links he wants at below:
waecdirect.org

myjambresult.com

@topic
There are free secured login system that is depend on what kind of programming and database server your webhost has included.

Google it!

For me, I would use PHP scripting retrieving to the MySQL database for login system as well as JAMB result. Like @Afam has said it all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Start Up Review: Socialreachng / Cost To Build A Konga-like Site / Free Webmail From Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.