Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,845 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? (15642 Views)

Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs / Technical & Brain Teaser Questions Asked During Job Interviews / Graduates Fail Primary School Questions At Job Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by Betasms: 5:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
There are questions that employers commonly ask at job interviews and it's important to be prepared to respond to those interview questions. I have never gone for a job interview before, i have read about the potential questions online, and practically memorized their answers but i still feel that I will freeze on the day of the interview.

I dont want to be put on the spot during the job interview. What can I do?
Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by kilokeys(m): 5:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
Bros when thou hast tarried in the labour market for many years.. thou shalt learn to be courageous

E get as suffer go turn your sporting waves to dada... You go man up sharperly

When millions of us are praying to be put on the spot, one on one with the likes of Donald trump, you are here being shy. Keep shying your shy!

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by Gosj01(m): 5:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
The things just relax and be sure 2 defend every answers 2 will give. jst remember ITS NOT A DO OR DIE AFFAIRS.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by Ploy(m): 6:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
If you go there with the impression that If you lose the opportunity you're finished, you will definitely guff. Just dress well, read well then go there.

If they engage you, good for you and them, if they don't, na them sabi. Don't be anxious, about anything, provided that you remember to have a godfather.

By the way, look into their eyes you have every right to do that. If you shy, remember that Batch-C NYSC don de camp.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by Lero15(m): 6:31pm On Nov 03, 2014
Just remember this: your interviewers are humans too, they won't bite.

Those things u read online should be a guideline. Don't cram. This is not an exam.

Be ready to defend anything u say with Confidence. You may shiver at the beginning, summon courage as you speak. Best wishes.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
Drink some rum or smoke some weed or both. Verily verily I say unto thee, thou shalt greatly increase in thine confidence.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by LordMecuzy(m): 8:34pm On Nov 03, 2014
Just Assume D Interviewer is ur DAD

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 03, 2014
Its not easy. When you hear next.. And the next person seems to be you. Im sure ur walking step will change and ur heart will pound heavily. But swallow enough spit to calm it down and pretend to be bold. A3ter a minute or two. The tension is gone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by amosisinsin(f): 1:28am On Nov 04, 2014
Wear Dark Shaded Eye Glass like Dbanj own. I swear it works. If they want to know why, tell dem dat: u no dey look Uche face!!!!!!!!

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by Gherrokid(m): 6:19am On Nov 04, 2014
amosisinsin:
Wear Dark Shaded Eye Glass like Dbanj own. I swear it works. If they want to know why, tell dem dat: u no dey look Uche face!!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin Na wa for you Oh.......

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by bigtimemugu(m): 6:53am On Nov 04, 2014
drink 1alomo ,i swear b4 dem talk u don talk am finish

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by nellyquash(f): 7:14am On Nov 04, 2014
Very funny response
Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by Lero15(m): 7:46am On Nov 04, 2014
nellyquash:
Very funny response
cheesy grin
Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by crudedude(m): 7:53am On Nov 04, 2014
Gosj01:
The things just relax and be sure 2 defend every answers 2 will give. jst remember ITS NOT A DO OR DIE AFFAIRS.

Its not a do or die affairs at all. OP I know its easier said than done but they try too see interviews more like friendly conversations. it'll help relax your system.
Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 04, 2014
First off, Confidence is the belief that success is possible. That said, if you are not prepared, you won't even feel the tiniest of confidence, hence, preparation is key, and since you said you have done so. My recommendation is that you keep practicing, don't cram answers, instead use the ones you find on the internet as guide just as Lero15 had earlier mentioned. Model your own answers out of this responses, practice till you feel confident of your answers and not like a robot repeating programmed words.

You may feel some pressure initially as the interview begins, trust me, most of us do. However, do not let that worry you, with time you will get in the flow. Don't mind those interviewers with indifferent facial expressions, it is meant to scare the crap outta you. (Them no reach)

Remember, it is not a do or die affair, there are only two possibilities, you get the job or learn from the experience. We never lose. wink

Greatluck.
Cheers.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 04, 2014
Lero15:
Just remember this: your interviewers are humans too, they won't bite.

Those things u read online should be a guideline. Don't cram. This is not an exam.

Be ready to defend anything u say with Confidence. You may shiver at the beginning, summon courage as you speak. Best wishes.

You just Described my motto!!!

Interviewers are Human, as a matter of fact they want to HIRE you. You dont need anything Extra.

Just go to Interview venues as you. Be yourself.

Not every graduate is suitable for every Company. What Nestle, Shell, NBC and KPMG needs in their staffs are uniquely different.
What I'm I trying to say?
Oando might find you "not" suitable and NLNG might just describe you as their "Perfect" candidate.

Be yourself and It might just be a Walk in the pack.
Impress no one but you, you'll do fine wink

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by Lero15(m): 9:23am On Nov 04, 2014
taiwolusol:

You just Described my motto!!!

Interviewers are Human, as a matter of fact they want to HIRE you. You dont need anything Extra.

Just go to Interview venues as you. Be yourself.

Not every graduate is suitable for every Company. What Nestle, Shell, NBC and KPMG needs in their staffs are uniquely different.
What I'm I trying to say?
Oando might find you "not" suitable and NLNG might just describe you as their "Perfect" candidate.

Be yourself and It might just be a Walk in the pack.
Impress no one but you, you'll do fine wink
you are right, boss.
Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by chymystique(f): 10:51am On Nov 04, 2014
post=27694596:
There are questions that employers commonly ask at job interviews and it's important to be prepared to respond to those interview questions. I have never gone for a job interview before, i have read about the potential questions online, and practically memorized their answers but i still feel that i will freeze on the day of the interview.

I dont want to be put on the spot during the job interview.

What can I do?

#

*Nice Question*
Following
Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by iceberylin(m): 11:17am On Nov 04, 2014
Smoke lotta weed before going in grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 04, 2014
vg
Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by dammytosh: 11:19am On Nov 04, 2014
Go with the mind of Nothing dey happen.
Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by politricks: 11:19am On Nov 04, 2014
Chew chewing gum like Alex ferguson.......it helps
Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by braine(m): 11:20am On Nov 04, 2014
Simply look at the interviewers like they're your bitches you don't give a fukk about, trust me, you will flow. It works well for me.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by Guykhena(m): 11:21am On Nov 04, 2014
Practice in the mirror undecided ?

Or better still to ginger yourself

Vote For Rokiatu

1 Like

Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by MadCow1: 11:21am On Nov 04, 2014
Get High..

No jokes.. Just get some kush into your system.

Walk in like you have lost the job and just enjoy yourself.

My last interview.. I was so high out of my mind, the only thing I remembered them saying was 'Thanks. for coming'.. grin

Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by soldierdollar(m): 11:21am On Nov 04, 2014
Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by ichidodo: 11:22am On Nov 04, 2014
One word...."Alcohol"...
Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 04, 2014
Just Believe You can, and the Grace will be there for you.

In Other News: The Miss Nairaland Thread is open for voting.

open the link below and comment "I VOTE NABSPRADA"

https://www.nairaland.com/1980633/miss-nairaland-deceemer-2014-contest#27706664

#teamYesWeCan

Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by missrock(f): 11:22am On Nov 04, 2014
LordMecuzy:
Just Assume D Interviewer is ur DAD

seconded
Re: How Do I Boost My Self-Confidence At Job Interviews? by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 04, 2014
Just be yourself, them no they flog pple for Interview.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would You Advice Someone To Study Law, The Noble Profession In Nigeria ? / AG Leventis PLC Fresh Recruitment (11 Positions) / Apply For First Bank Of Nigeria Limited Latest Job Recruitment (5 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.