Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Tunde Bakare: I Dumped Deeper Life Church Because Television Is A Devil’s Box - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tunde Bakare: I Dumped Deeper Life Church Because Television Is A Devil’s Box (1616 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church Because Bible Condemns It / Lady Narrates How She Was Mistaken For Mammy Water In Church Because She's Fair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Tunde Bakare: I Dumped Deeper Life Church Because Television Is A Devil’s Box by news9ja: 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
In case you don’t know, Pastor Bakare was once a member of the Deeper Life Bible Church and has finally spoken out, explaining when he dumped the church because of doctrines that were against the will of God. He had risen through the church rank until this hilarious incident;

Pastor-Bakare-3

“…But one day while I was ministering and a brother was interpreting, I was giving example of the “faith cometh by hearing and hearing the word of God” and I said, ‘Supposing you go to a supermarket to buy soap, you might not know what soap to buy but because you watched the advertisement of Joy soap on television, then you would look for Joy soap because you have been hearing about it.’

And his interpreter said: “If you have been watching the devil’s box … “

I told him I didn’t say devil’s box but television, and he repeated saying the devil’s box and Brother Kumuyi was behind us. I said I didn’t say devil’s box and that the normal interpretation is amu ohun mu aworan, (the box that captures both the voice and the visuals). Anyway, he still said what he said.

“The following Sunday, Brother Kumuyi came up with what he called “Sunday Exaltation”; he said that even if you repair television, you are a child of th..
Source: http://www.plug.ng/tunde-bakare-left-deeper-life-church-television-devils-box/
Re: Tunde Bakare: I Dumped Deeper Life Church Because Television Is A Devil’s Box by kilokeys(m): 5:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
so all the caricature images in thier fearful hell resounding magazines was printed from heaven?

then what would we call flat screens?.. devil's plate

then ipad nko? devil's pad

some pple dey reason with their kidney sha
Re: Tunde Bakare: I Dumped Deeper Life Church Because Television Is A Devil’s Box by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
Hypocrites
Re: Tunde Bakare: I Dumped Deeper Life Church Because Television Is A Devil’s Box by benega: 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
Smh Nutin 2 say,jst check ma signature smh
Re: Tunde Bakare: I Dumped Deeper Life Church Because Television Is A Devil’s Box by omineous: 6:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
Re: Tunde Bakare: I Dumped Deeper Life Church Because Television Is A Devil’s Box by UyiIredia(m): 6:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
Hope they don't use phones and video cameras. But wait, they do.
Re: Tunde Bakare: I Dumped Deeper Life Church Because Television Is A Devil’s Box by dein77(m): 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
After 13 years, I left when the doctrines of Deeper Life were more demanding than even.the words of Christ.

It all became too mechanical. The sin consciousness was a burden on its own. Apart from that, it's a great place of worship.
Re: Tunde Bakare: I Dumped Deeper Life Church Because Television Is A Devil’s Box by Alexk2(m): 7:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
op, you raised this issue as if both party are still having same misunderstanding. it happened like 20years ago or more and as one grow in Christ, we have a better understanding of how to life; same thing with these men of God. Deeper life have matured over years and it remain one of the best place to find the true WORD of God. If you ask Pastor Bakare today, He'll likely have a very different view of the Church.

I respect these two men of God among others and i also know there are humans like us liable to make mistake and itz obvious they arent arrogant or proud to make correctn when necessary.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare: I Dumped Deeper Life Church Because Television Is A Devil’s Box by Seun(m): 2:07pm On Nov 04, 2014

(1)

Epic Evidence From The Bible That States Jesus Is Not And Cannot Be God / Incredible! Joshua Iginla Dashes A Destitute Woman Brand New House In Botswana / Emmanuel TV, Station Of TB Joshua, Celebrates 11th Anniversary!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.