Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans (3759 Views)

Fayose: Buhari Forfeited Half His Salary? I Am Ready To Forfeit All Of Mine / BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters / Fuel Subsidy Palliatives Not Possible Again – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by Sirniyeh(m): 7:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
NOVEMBER 3, 2014 BY SAMUEL AWOYINFA, ABEOKUTA

A former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has
attributed the rot in the power sector to the
administrations that came to office after his tenure.
Obasanjo believed that if Nigeria must surmount the
power challenge, it must start generating additional
2,000 megawatts every year.

He said apart from his efforts to ensure stable power
while he was the military Head of State in 1979,
subsequent administrations did nothing on power
generation, up to the time he returned as a civilian
president in 1999.

The former President said this on Monday at a
programme tagged First Green Legacy Moment with
Chief Olusegun Obasanjo on Leadership and Human
Security in Africa, held in Abeokuta.

While he noted that part of the challenges confronting
the nation was lack of political will by Nigerian leaders,
he, however, warned that power should not be
“privatised to friends.”

He said, “Part of our problems is lack of political will on
the part of the leaders. What does a leader understands
about development? Any leader worth his salt should
know that power is very important. It is the driver of all
development, be it social, economic, and even political.

“When I was military head of state, I developed the
Jebba dam, I developed Shiroro, I started Egbin. Shagari
came and completed Egbin and inaugurated Jebba and
Shiroro.
“Between Shagari in 1983, until I came back in 1999,
there was no single dime invested in power generation.

If anything, the ones that were there were allowed to go
down.
“A country like Nigeria must be adding not less than
2,000 megawatts every year if we are to be moving on
the part of development.

“If you will remember, when I came back in 1999, my
first Minister of Power was late Bola Ige. I won’t say Bola
didn’t know what he was doing and he said publicly that
he would fix the power problems in six months.

“After one year, Bola, with his capacity, couldn’t fathom
what was wrong with power; it was riddled with
corruption. Then, we had no money. People have
forgotten that in 1999/2,000, the price of crude oil was
US $9 per barrel.

“When we started having money, we started the National
Integrated Power Plant. When we said the money we
had should be invested in power, my successor (Umar
Yar’Adua) didn’t understand; he stopped it.

“If for almost 20 years, we did not achieve anything in
power generation, then we may not be able to get it
again.”

www.punchng.com/news/obasanjo-blames-rot-in-power-sector-on-successors/
Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by bigFOOTcaveMAN(m): 7:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
Headless chicken gropping in the dark.

GEJ till mama calls grin

5 Likes

Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by BigBizzy(m): 8:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
Wetin remain na make we tell obj to run for another election ....this man wayo no get size

trying to fool everyone but we the smart ones really know

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
OBJ talking about power reforms and blaming GEJ? Oh am fed up with Nigeria.
Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 03, 2014
Thief Obasanjo you had eight years to fix Electric Power problem. you even took $16Bn from our treasury for this purpose, but you only gave us more darkness.
Now you're saying your plans have been shelved?

So you spend your time in office looting us dry and squandering our wealth and then when you leave office you criticise your successor for not carrying out your plan for development. Genius!!

Thief Obasanjo, Nigerians are not 5 year olds kids

12 Likes

Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by ireneony(f): 8:31pm On Nov 03, 2014
Jonathan is trying, this is what I got to say

2 Likes

Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by tit(f): 8:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
Sirniyeh:

corruption.

is that why you killed him?
Olorun maje!

2 Likes

Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by eunisam: 8:48pm On Nov 03, 2014
what you couldn't do in 8 years,you want some one else to do in 4years?
Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by free2ryhme: 8:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
Space booked
Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by Johnnyessence(m): 9:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
PDP is falling apart in their bid see what baba obj is saying here telling Nigerians that we should be vigilant Cos' d devil agent PDP is embracing av failed us in every sector imagine see what is happening in kwara ummmm I smell dune for this great country our power sector is worst see hike in our bills every month no improvement just to privatize d whole thing and loot as usual PDP will be disappointed come first election in February polls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by tit(f): 9:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
Sirniyeh:

Killed who?
Beware to avoid being tracked. Putting on mask to spit rots does not mean you can not be tracked down. Before warn is before harm

ode.
track who?
am i hiding?
tompolo will beat you die.
fool!

why are you licking the arse of the man who called the governor to confirm bola ige's death?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by oduastates: 9:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
GenBuhari:
Thief Obasanjo you had eight years to fix Electric Power problem. you even took $16Bn from our treasury for this purpose, but you only gave us more darkness.
Now you saying you plans have been shelved?

So you spend your time in office looting us dry and squandering our wealth and then when you leave office you criticise your successor for not carrying out your plan for development. Genius!!

That You repeat it 1 million times does not make it the truth.
Obj invested only 5 billion dollars into the power sector and built 5 power stations ,substations , transmission facilities which dumbo is trying to claim .
This in addition to the 3 power stations built by oil companies and the 250MW Enron station conceived by the tinubu led LASG.

2 Likes

Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by brainpower(m): 9:21pm On Nov 03, 2014
This is the kind of time when I support those that say that this man should be rotting in jail. Imagine how he is rubbing the fact that he failed woefully on our faces. Talking about privatising to friends, was he not the one that grounded Ibeto cement so that Dangote could sell? Was it not in his time that Mike Adenuga went on exile that's after begging him to give him license to start Glo but he refused and instead gave to SA company? After 8 good years with the kind of influence and personal connection he had he couldn't do half of what the current president has achieved in the power sector. I won't blame him, its the so called human right activists that couldn't sue this wife beater to court. And yet. Some political stakeholders went to meet him to be their "navigator".

7 Likes

Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by atlwireles: 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
tit:

ode.
track who?
am i hiding?
tompolo will beat you die.
fool!

why are you licking the arse of the man who called the governor to confirm bola ige's death?

You people will not kill me on NL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by eaglechild: 9:37pm On Nov 03, 2014
OBJ should learn to shut it.

He failed woefully with his phantom power plans that never saw the light of day, even though he had 8 years to do all he wanted.

1 Like

Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
In a sane society this man would be in jail, but we are in one were mere stealing isn‘t corruption.
Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by tellwisdom: 10:18pm On Nov 03, 2014
Sirniyeh:

Killed who?
Beware to avoid being tracked. Putting on mask to spit rots does not mean you can not be tracked down. Before warn is before harm

Abeg go sitdown for gutter...track who??...na u wan track am?? angry
Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by mazzi: 10:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
Johnnyessence:
PDP is falling apart in their bid see what baba obj is saying here telling Nigerians that we should be vigilant Cos' d devil agent PDP is embracing av failed us in every sector imagine see what is happening in kwara ummmm I smell dune for this great country our power sector is worst see hike in our bills every month no improvement just to privatize d whole thing and loot as usual PDP will be disappointed come first election in February polls.
but he was also indicting ur serial losser(buhari)?maybe u allowed sentiment to blindfold u.

2 Likes

Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by leighcon(m): 10:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
A failure he was in the power sector (opinions suggest so). However, we should not let one truth slide.....The Yaradua administration stopped some power projects.

Have we all forgotten the Hon. Elumelu Committee?

Some firms (Rockson Engineering etc) and Banks (Oceanic and Intercontinental) suffered for it.

He was right when he stated that slowed us down. And sure Oyel money was at its ebb at the start of his administration.

My opinion remains that he should shut his mouth at castigating though.
Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by sunkoye: 10:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
tellwisdom:

Abeg go sitdown for gutter...track who??...na u wan track am?? angry
your claim is callously wild. Pls dont throw caution to the wind like dat again. With the right tools I can be at your door step tomoro morning.
Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by jaso1(m): 10:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
Sirniyeh:

A former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has
attributed the rot in the power sector to the
administrations that came to office after his tenure.
Obasanjo believed that if Nigeria must surmount the
power challenge, it must start generating additional
2,000 megawatts every year.

He said apart from his efforts to ensure stable power
while he was the military Head of State in 1979,
subsequent administrations did nothing on power
generation, up to the time he returned as a civilian
president in 1999.

The former President said this on Monday at a
programme tagged First Green Legacy Moment with
Chief Olusegun Obasanjo on Leadership and Human
Security in Africa, held in Abeokuta.

While he noted that part of the challenges confronting
the nation was lack of political will by Nigerian leaders,
he, however, warned that power should not be
“privatised to friends.”

He said, “Part of our problems is lack of political will on
the part of the leaders. What does a leader understands
about development? Any leader worth his salt should
know that power is very important. It is the driver of all
development, be it social, economic, and even political.

“When I was military head of state, I developed the
Jebba dam, I developed Shiroro, I started Egbin. Shagari
came and completed Egbin and inaugurated Jebba and
Shiroro.
“Between Shagari in 1983, until I came back in 1999,
there was no single dime invested in power generation.

If anything, the ones that were there were allowed to go
down.
“A country like Nigeria must be adding not less than
2,000 megawatts every year if we are to be moving on
the part of development.

corruption. Then, we had no money. People have
forgotten that in 1999/2,000, the price of crude oil was
US $9 per barrel.

“When we started having money, we started the National
Integrated Power Plant. When we said the money we
had should be invested in power, my successor (Umar
Yar’Adua) didn’t understand; he stopped it.

“If for almost 20 years, we did not achieve anything in
power generation, then we may not be able to get it
again.”

In a sane country this old fool will be in jail.
Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by tellwisdom: 10:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
sunkoye:
your claim is callously wild. Pls dont throw caution to the wind like dat again. With the right tools I can be at your door step tomoro morning.

You are going down 6 feet if any attempt pops up. Pls go find the tools and prove me wrong. Mugu
Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by sunkoye: 11:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
tellwisdom:

You are going down 6 feet if any attempt pops up. Pls go find the tools and prove me wrong. Mugu
listen to yourself....is there wisdom in ur statement?
Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by viczing(m): 11:05pm On Nov 03, 2014
you were in govt for 8 years you couldnt do it , now you wanna blame him shameless man.....go and have seat....

we dey get light for gej tenure more than yours gej till 2019
Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by moneybag100: 11:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
What do you expect from a clueless ogogoro man.. Obj please wait a lil time longer...your good project will be complete by competent man.

Imagine Obama looking clueless like this...I bet you the next day, he would have been impeached.

Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by tellwisdom: 11:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
sunkoye:
listen to yourself....is there wisdom in ur statement?

Guy, go and sit down. Everybody can't be like you. Locate me??...u be winsh? sad
Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by Sunshineluv(f): 11:48pm On Nov 03, 2014
oduastates:

That You repeat it 1 million times does not make it the truth.
Obj invested only 5 billion dollars into the power sector and built 5 power stations ,substations , transmission facilities which dumbo is trying to claim .
This in addition to the 3 power stations built by oil companies and the 250MW Enron station conceived by the tinubu led LASG.
All these, yet we are still in total darkness? Abeg shut up

1 Like

Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by Sunshineluv(f): 11:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
GenBuhari:
Now you saying you plans have been shelved?

Is he not your party navigator again? Hahaha
Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by Sunshineluv(f): 11:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
sunkoye:
for your dream abi
Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by Sirniyeh(m): 12:20am On Nov 04, 2014
moneybag100:
What do you expect from a clueless ogogoro man.. Obj please wait a lil time longer...your good project will be complete by competent man.

Imagine Obama looking clueless like this...I bet you the next day, he would have been impeached.

Wow, this picture you shared indicates the man in picture is not a bastard. If you are born in south south and not conversant with Kain kain, we should query your mama. How do you expect a man who always high in weed to get mental balance to transform nigeria. He needs rehabilitation
Re: OBJ Furious Again: Jonathan Forfeited My Electric Power Plans by Nobody: 12:54am On Nov 04, 2014
God forbid!
Sunshineluv:
Is he not your party navigator again? Hahaha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obama Caught Kissing His Fellow Man In White House.. (photo) / A Letter Written By Late Dr. Vincent Eebee Against Solomon Indigbara. / And Nnamdi Kanu Goes To Court(live Report)9/26/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.