Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 (25517 Views)

Jiayu F2 4G LTE Phone Personal Review / Tecno M5(my Personal Review / The HTC One Android Smartphone - Full Specification And Price In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 04, 2014
I used it last year, i dont like it, the phone is classless.
Stupid fone
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Anyi3(m): 9:35am On Nov 04, 2014
walks out of thread

1 Like

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by eleko1: 9:37am On Nov 04, 2014
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 04, 2014
Not interested

Moto x or nexus 6
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Seaen(m): 9:39am On Nov 04, 2014
We've seen you spent 99k on the phone.. brother ..and you're the only one who owns it in your dept.... grin...Thank you for the honest review....
Rocking my OnePlus One tho.... cool

3 Likes

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by eromspete(m): 9:43am On Nov 04, 2014
Great phone no doubt. But don't diss Samsung at all. Note 3 is a boss in its own right.. cool

HTC One M8 sells for 96 or 99k??

1 Like

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Abbey2sam(m): 9:43am On Nov 04, 2014
mrbillz:
Not a bad phone tho...value for money at least. Rocking ma Note II anyways. all day long without charging still dey kampe 3100mah

team note11

though I'm planning an upgrade to note3 come January
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by CuteMaro(m): 9:44am On Nov 04, 2014
Ur personal view..
But I'll go 4 my Gionee e3 anyday.
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by IAMGEJ(m): 9:46am On Nov 04, 2014
Who nor go nor know sha...

Have you ever wonder taking a selfie under the pool?

xperia z3 rockz cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Acidosis(m): 9:47am On Nov 04, 2014
sexyseun:
Stupid fone
grin

Phone wey come out April 2014 na im u use last year

Chei

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 04, 2014
Nice review and good phone as well but won't trade my one year old Note 3 for this. I might get my hands on the M9 or Nexus 6.
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by ozo13(m): 9:50am On Nov 04, 2014
Gerrard59:
The most beautifully designed android in the market. Rare to see around, the Apple of Android.

I have been looking for an android to buy all these while, thought of GS4,LG G2, SONY XPERIA Z1,Z1c, even thought of the One M7. finally LAID MY HANDS ON THIS MACHINE (as Nigerians will call high end phones).

Straight to the review, am no GSMarena. The main basics. Bro u forgot to tel us d price.think I will like to buy it asap if the price is within my budget range grin

THE BATTERY
ONE_M8 comes with 2600 amah, 300 more than its younger sibling . The battery during my use last quite very well, I am not your heavy user as I don't have nor play games, videos on the phone. I am strictly browsing, which is where the phone is quite poor according to my standard, besides where I reside, there is light at 20 hours a day. Non-removable, which for me is acceptable, as I rarely and I don't like removing the battery of my phone. (It signifies laggy things). Good enough , at least it helps you avoid carrying powershits around. Make sure to turn on the Power saver.

9/10

AUDIO

The best and only audio ranking phone in the world, comes in-built with BOOMSOUND effects, so LOUD, CLEAR, FLIUD, CRYSTAL, the only phone that made me to use its earpiece . Even a deaf man will regain its hearing kept aside this beautiful creature the front facing speakers are louder than the Xperia's, Galaxies, G2/G3, the Iphone whistles when placed near it.

If you want to get an android specifically for music, audio; this is it.

10/10

Design/Construction

It screams Beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All aluminum expect the sides that concern the volume controls. A beauty to behold, the ONLY Droid that comes close is the Xperia's, the plastics Galaxies are no where to be found, even if you use torch light, you won't still sight them talk more seeing them. Walking round school, dudes and gals looking at the phone with some even gasping. To quote one guy, " I have seen many android phones, but this is the most Beautiful I set my eyes on". For me, if this phone were a lady, I would have proposed.

10/10

CAMERA

This is where the phone "fall" hand, mere taking a picture , even an android tyro would know that the camera is worth the phone. Forget all the grammar of Duo effects, the primary camera no be am. The selfie rear is worth it, 5MP, I would say the front takes better than the back.
If you like taking pictures, don't go near this phone. As for me, only thrice I have used it.

5/10

SPEED/PROCESSOR
Fast, Fluid, No hanging, No time to waste time so says the phone, SnapDragon 801. No added apps like Samsung would do and take half the memory space. Just the basics and that's all. Sense 6 is sweet like a lollipop . Think Bolt's speed, think sense 6.

10/10

DISPLAY

5.0 incher. Perfect for browsing, videos, pictures viewing, games player and a lots more. But quite large when compared to its mates esp. G3, G2.
Once again, pardon me, but the audio, speakers are just too wonderful.
The software updates comes with Split camera(take pics using both cams simultaneously),HTC branded torchlight, EYE effects, etc but I would advise for one to just download the 4.4.3 and wait for lollipop 5.0. Jump and pass 4.4.4.

Comes with 16 GB/32GB, 10GB left after software, 25GB . Far better compared to Samsung 8GB. Touchwiz is rubbish.
That's my little review of the HTC_ONE M8==ONE AND ONE ONLY

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by oskaaay(m): 9:50am On Nov 04, 2014
Cool review here...Android seems to be the turning way for phone lovers now in Nigeria...Why is BB?

Update: Get Free Foreign UK Phone Number That Redirect To Your Nigeria Phone FREE at https://www.nairaland.com/1980840/get-free-foreign-uk-phone
Acidosis:

grin

Chei

Don't feed the troll
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Lakeshizu(m): 9:50am On Nov 04, 2014
shocked grin This phone that came out May 2014, I fear you
sexyseun:
Stupid fone
Acidosis:

grin

Chei
I said i used it last year, abi wetin sef? angry

1 Like

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 04, 2014
sexyseun:
Stupid fone

Last year? The M8 was released April this year. This is HTC we're talking about not Tecno so GTFO!

3 Likes

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by lezz(m): 9:55am On Nov 04, 2014
Gerrard59:
More...
What a Shame !!! Nairaland has gone to the dogs!!! This phone was released in March 2014. We're in 4th November and this is making front page. Htc M9 is already set to be announced.

How much does it take for junky, non-news to make front page?
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 04, 2014
eromspete:
Great phone no doubt. But don't diss Samsung at all. Note 3 is a boss in its own right.. cool

HTC One M8 sells for 96 or 99k??

Bought the Note 3 on launch and it's 1yr 2 months old and still works like a boss. Mint clean with no scratches (I don't use a case or screen protector). Running latest android OS 4.4.2 KitKat and battery still goes strong.

4 Likes

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by born2boink(m): 9:56am On Nov 04, 2014
TDonald:
Vanity or Insanity
abeg work hard or ke gbenu pamo. When someone is working hard, you won't say vanity, when it's time to reap his hard labour, una go remember vanity

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Ochife(m): 9:57am On Nov 04, 2014
[color=#770077][/color]HTC 10 Samsung 0
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Acidosis(m): 9:58am On Nov 04, 2014
Qoigord:

Don't feed the troll
Lol! cheesy
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Rilwayne001: 10:01am On Nov 04, 2014
I have a friend using it here.

The camera of this phone is a total bulshitt. There is no difference between its camera and that of Tecno N3.

HTC really fall my hand for this one undecided
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Whizkel(m): 10:03am On Nov 04, 2014
xtervaganza:
Are you making an htc review or yabbing Samsung?

You made your choice by purchasing htc which is a fantastic phone, no need to prove yourself right again by mentioning samsung much more than htc in your review.

Good phone I must say. But the Samsung you keep yabbing made android really popular
xtervaganza:

You made your choice by purchasing htc which is a fantastic phone, no need to prove yourself right again by mentioning samsung much more than htc in your review.

Good phone I must say. But the Samsung you keep yabbing made android really popular
xtervaganza:

Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Rilwayne001: 10:03am On Nov 04, 2014
sexyseun:
Stupid fone

hummmm humn undecided

You can lie oooo shocked shocked
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by 4site4: 10:04am On Nov 04, 2014
Nokia product is no 1
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Lakeshizu(m): 10:07am On Nov 04, 2014
sexyseun:
whether used or buy o, u are wrong angry
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Donjcco(m): 10:08am On Nov 04, 2014
Daluuzor:
cheesy HTC rocks!!! #teamHTCvelocity grin

same too... but GTA vice city hangs on my HTC velocity + battery takes longer time to charge than to be used... pls any help ? ... thanks
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:10am On Nov 04, 2014
the camera should be 1/10 not 5/10 its so poor like wtf
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by feeona1: 10:12am On Nov 04, 2014
Hey is the phone a single or dual sim type?
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Collinz2(m): 10:15am On Nov 04, 2014
sexyseun:
how come u use phone wey come out this year for last year.

this one is serious.
Re: My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 04, 2014
This one una dey complain about m8 camera dry surprise me oh,I use an m7 and the camera dey ok.

#teamHTCstill

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Smartphone Shelf Life – What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Smartphone? / What Type Of Phone Are You Using At The Moment? / Etisalat Nigeria Blackberry 10 Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.