Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) (30620 Views)

Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Gives his First Command As President (sahara Reporters) / Rtd. Gen. Aliyu Gusau's Reply On Muhammadu Buhari's WASC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by sakaguchi(m): 8:44am On Nov 04, 2014
R
Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 04, 2014
Sambo is an excellent VP!
Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by que4: 9:23am On Nov 04, 2014
Am I the only Nigerian that remembers GEJ promising in 2011 to not contest for 2015 election?

pointblanknews.com/pbn/articles-opinions/jonathans-2015-covenant-with-nigeria/

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by Jesusloveyou: 9:54am On Nov 04, 2014
EzePromoe:
Agharareporters, don't be deceived by what you see on the internet. You have to come down here to Nigeria and see things yourselves and not typing from a distant land. Buhari had that much followers and still lost election more than any political aspirant in history.
i have said it,several times,buhari has never lost election.gej know how he rig d election,he can't rig him out twice,that is why he is afraid now.70% of nigerians say they need change.enough is enough for pdp,they must be out,is better u don't rig,

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by ozo13(m): 10:14am On Nov 04, 2014
Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by eleko1: 10:15am On Nov 04, 2014

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by himselfmaji(m): 10:15am On Nov 04, 2014
From fire to flames!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by jaystar(m): 10:15am On Nov 04, 2014
Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by ddooskie(m): 10:20am On Nov 04, 2014
MrMcJay:
Mustapha Owerri.
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by eunisam: 10:22am On Nov 04, 2014
so sambo how is your political future going to look like if you are drop now? Anyway e no concern me.
Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by Bobbystanley(m): 10:22am On Nov 04, 2014
size38:
It is too late for PDP and GEJ to start their calculation. This is because even if GEJ picks Aliyu Guasu, which I blive he Guasu, is not interested. What the north need is president and not Vice president. For pressuring APC to drop Buhari and pick Tambuwal, GEJ has failed too because Tambuwal is not interested to be president now. Tambuwal is the next governor of sokoto state. Come 2015, Buhari will be our president.

He would be your President not Nigeria's President.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by bjdon: 10:24am On Nov 04, 2014
Why not after all Gusau has been such a success as Defense minister abi? BH have been roundly defeated and don't control a single inch of Nigerian land abi?

I must say though as a student of Nigerian political history this story may indeed be true. Gusau is a member of the Northern power block, It was his sacking by Buhari that was one of the main triggers of IBB's coup. Now I do wonder is this power block really comfortable with the notion of a Buhari presidency? They have QUITE a lot to loose should the people's general prevail and decide to confront them, so maybe they've decided it's best to pitch their tent with Mr shoeless clueless.
As the story is from Shara it must be taking with a pinch of salt but I would not rule it out completely.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 04, 2014
“The army after toppling our democratic regime have no option but to install Buhari as head of state so as to avoid credibility problems, especially in the sight of the international community because of his being an epitome of integrity."
- SHAGARI.

“There are only 2 honest & reliable Nigerians. Myself & Buhari. All what PDP is saying of Buhari being fundamentalist is mere hot lies. They just fear, let‘s go to jail “
– OBJ

General Muhammadu Buhari as a member of the Supreme Military Council and as Head of NNPC was by nature taciturn and introvert. But he took any work that was given to him very seriously. He is reliable as he is hardworking and honest, his path of moral probity and rectitude” Incorruptible
– President Olusegun Obasango , in his book, “Not My Will”.

“Buhari was a big brother & a father to some extent that mean nothing in life & to the nation always other than good. So, I fear no harm from him.“
– LATE YAR‘ADUA.

“Buhari was honest & sincere in all his conduct that perhaps, only very few Nigerians could match in integrity.“
–GEN. ABDUSSALAM

“Gen. Muhammadu Buhari was a true patriot, respected former head of state & elder statesman & a nationalist.“
-PRESIDENT JONATHAN.

“I have realized our collective mistake in over-throwing you. I have seen the terrible damage which our inaction caused to the Nigerian psyche. I am most sorry. Please, come and do what is best known about you. Patriotic service to the nation.“
–LATE ABACHA (PTF inaugural speech).

“If Buhari quit PTF job as he promises & as we knew him to mean his words, all along, I support the idea of scrapping PTF as no one else can do the job as him.“ –IBB

I respect Buhari. He was my Boss.He was an honorable man. And I can say this anywhere”.
-General Ibrahim Babangida.

“As a member PDP BOT, I decided personally to donate the #5,000,000 to Buhari‘s campaign organization because of my firm believe in his ability to right all the nation wrongs-
ALH. ISIYAKU IBRAHIM.

“Buhari is as clean as the book I am holding”
~ Alhaji Isiaku Ibrahim, a Member of PDP Board of Trustees @ a Book launch in Kaduna

“The issue of Gen. The Buhari‘s presidency was always being derided by the criminals who looted the nation to stupor by embarking upon a campaign of calumny so as to smear his name with a view to denying Nigerians having a leader who can improve their lots.“
–PROF. DAVID WEST.

“If the truth must be said, Buhari remain the only real threat to PDP wither he runs for the presidency or not due to his wider followership among the masses that now hit the elite circle.“
-SEN. MAKARFI.

General Buhari rose from the rank of a lieutenant in the army to a General. At one time, he was a GOC. He was later appointed Military Administrator of the old North-East. He was in the Petroleum Ministry as minister. In December 1983 he became Head of State via a coup. During late General Sani Abacha’s regime, he headed the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) before former President Obasanjo scrapped it. But I read in the papers where the General himself said after obtaining his CPC presidential form, which cost him over N5 Million, he is now left with less than a million Naira in his account. Now my task is to challenge all of us to ensure this man becomes President this year. General Buhari deserves to be given a chance. When he became Head of State after the 1983 coup, thousands of Second Republic politicians, including me, were picked and locked up by the Junta. But even in kirikiri, I discovered that the NPN elements among us were giving bribe to prison officials to ensure they got a double ration of food. It dawned on me that people who can offer bribes even in kirikiri have no reason to be our leaders. Buhari was vindicated.
- Balarebe Musa – Punch January 21,2011
GMB the inevitable positive change!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by onatisi(m): 10:25am On Nov 04, 2014
tomakint:

As much as I love the winning team of Jonathan/Sambo I think your suggestion of Muazu as a replacement in case of any eventuality is a wise one but Jerry Gana? I think not! Gusau is a spy that can never be trusted, Jonathan beware!
don't mind saharadesert reporters ,which yeye popularity does buhari have in the north that is giving gej headache? How u dey jare egbon mi?
Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by fxskye: 10:25am On Nov 04, 2014
RockMaxi:
@CFC, this post has a lot of sensational headline loaded in it. smiley

Aliyu Gusau should please accept the offer for the sake of the helpless and displaced citizens suffering under Bokoharam.
The north should not be sacrificed to Bokoharam. embarassed

I find it difficult to believe that Some1 is still begging somebody to accept or vie for a political post which that person doesn't make his/her mind for.

Not surprising anyway, since he himself was begged to plea for 2nd chance as stated in d recent advert.

Both of them can't make any meaningful or better still positive impacts on citizenry. You guess the reason......because they are begger.

Shameless political party without democratic process.....print of only 1 form for presidential position. A big cari-cachop party.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by eleko1: 10:26am On Nov 04, 2014
Dnt be surprise,the reality will dawn in a month time.And let me tell U dis,TANOIDIANS are playing Pappy Joe with their Propaganda,he'll surely hand over to GMB come MAY,2015.The masses don suffered enuf
Pizzanatty:
Nonsense...And I Repeat This Is Pure Bullshit From Sahara Or What Have You.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 04, 2014
mikeansy:
Sambo an excellent VP? You call a docile man excellent?
You're very funny o!

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:31am On Nov 04, 2014
CFCfan:

http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/03/panicky-jonathan-wants-defence-minister-aliyu-gusau-vp-working-have-apc-choose-anyone.
His current deputy, Namadi Sambo, is held as having no political weight anywhere in the North.
Chai!
May you & I not be useless in our place of work!
Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by tecmon: 10:36am On Nov 04, 2014
Point of correction; Sahara gossipers, not newsmen

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 04, 2014
He can pair with Tony Aninih, he will still lose

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by FolabiCash: 10:40am On Nov 04, 2014
Why is Sahara Reporters using "Rigged Out" ?
This is pure pettiness.
Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 04, 2014
sarcasm!
mikeansy:
Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by iamodenigbo1(m): 10:41am On Nov 04, 2014
pure propaganda

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by valencia25(m): 10:45am On Nov 04, 2014
Dear Nairalanders,
please let us help this woman, she has lost her womb already and she have a 2 year old boy to care for... please for the love of God, let us help her... She's battling for her life.

I have created a thread here if you need info https://www.nairaland.com/1980111/please-mother-2-year-old-boy-maureen
Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by Segadem(m): 10:45am On Nov 04, 2014
AlienSPY:
Jonathan best bet Is Alhaji Adamu Muazu the current PDP chairman for VP while the Party leadership should be entrusted to Jerry Gana.
Ribadu should have been a sure bet.
Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by toyecoach(m): 10:46am On Nov 04, 2014
VP Sambo is not the Problem but the President himself whom seems to be bereaved Of leadership skills in contemporary Nigeria partly due to his inexperience.
Bringing in Gusau can not save him,Nigerians are tired of ineptitude,corruption,deceit and impunity at that level.
It is said Jonathan never won an election!
Nigerians are not fools wait...but I thot they said 12millions Nigerians has TANned him for 2015 why then shaking!!
I symphatise with our dear President but whom do we blame? Did I hear u say the gods! No I blame Mr Olusegun Obasanjo for giving Nigerians this kind of system starting from Late Yardua!!
Since 1999 attainment of political leadership in Nigeria is fraudulent.
The way forward,let there be CHANGE!
Hey....not APC change o but a change that would prevent all current leaders from National to Local level from participating in governance for the next 4years!! Yes.. Because they have FAILED a natiion called Nigeria and people named Nigerians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by Muscomide: 10:48am On Nov 04, 2014
que4:
Am I the only Nigerian that remembers GEJ promising in 2011 to not contest for 2015 election?

pointblanknews.com/pbn/articles-opinions/jonathans-2015-covenant-with-nigeria/

Me sef remember o! The man no get principles
Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by koikoi2(m): 10:49am On Nov 04, 2014
This is typically amebo news.
Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by GuyFawkes: 10:49am On Nov 04, 2014
Gusau is one of the power brokers in the North and a staunch IBB ally. He will never accept to be VP under GEJ.
Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by liyalla(m): 10:49am On Nov 04, 2014
Not the best idea as well as not bad at all. Planning and re-planning
Re: Jonathan Wants Aliyu Gusau As Vice-President? (Sahara Reporters) by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 04, 2014
berem:
Sambo an excellent VP? You call a docile man excellent?
You're very funny o!

grin grin

The number one job of a VP is to wait in the wings and replace the President if he is not there.

He is only to be seen to the extent that the President wants him to be seen.

He can serve as a reliable adviser to the President. He is not expected to try to outdo his boss!

For this reason Sambo is an excellent VP!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Today March 28, It's Exactly A Year We Voted For Buhari, Do You Regret? / How Fayemi Was Attacked In 2014 By GEJ/PDP Led Federal Government / Yoruba Nation Group Releases Names Of Agitators Allegedly In Police Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.