Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Proposed National Airline: What Model Would Work? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proposed National Airline: What Model Would Work? (2212 Views)

Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari / FG Sets Up Committee On National Airline / Buhari Orders ‘quick Action’ On New National Airline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proposed National Airline: What Model Would Work? by faithin9ja: 11:52am On Nov 05, 2014
[quote author=CFCfan post=27739671]
Yes, the airline could introduce low fares for the first few months of operations to attract customers of the other carriers. [/quote,

Young man, are you thinking?
So Federal Government should subsidise air travel even for a few months, so you the elite can travel cheaper?
Why should the Federal Government not subsidise public transport so market women,petty traders,secondary school children can travel cheaper?

Have you forgotten so soon the debacle with fuel subsidy?

Let the private sector deal with air travel, government role is just to make sure the travel is 100% safe.

Let the Arik,Virgin, BA, KLM, Ethihad battle amomgst themselves for our patronage.

Let government concentrate on government work.

Please youth of today get our priorities right
Re: Proposed National Airline: What Model Would Work? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 05, 2014
^^
So I guess you'd be comfortable if it's a 100% private venture. That's plausible too.
Re: Proposed National Airline: What Model Would Work? by faithin9ja: 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2014
CFCfan:
^^
So I guess you'd be comfortable if it's a 100% private venture. That's plausible too.
[color=#006600][/color]

100% private, no government interference except on matters of safety,just like Chisco and Young Shall Grow. if they decide to call themselves national carrier, na dem toro....
Re: Proposed National Airline: What Model Would Work? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 05, 2014
faithin9ja:
[color=#006600][/color]

100% private, no government interference except on matters of safety,just like Chisco and Young Shall Grow. if they decide to call themselves national carrier, na dem toro....
And I think they'd have to get permission from the government to use the name "Nigeria Airways". I stand to be corrected though.
Re: Proposed National Airline: What Model Would Work? by feedthenation(m): 6:20pm On Nov 05, 2014
I thought the story from the 'ex-Dame of Aviation' was that there will be a functional national airline by end of this year.

News but no quantifiable results.
Re: Proposed National Airline: What Model Would Work? by faithin9ja: 6:41pm On Nov 05, 2014
CFCfan:

And I think they'd have to get permission from the government to use the name "Nigeria Airways". I stand to be corrected though.

Why would they want to use 'Nigeria' ? see how British Airways calls themselves BA- the world airline.

Corporations are trying to make themselves global players, not small local players.

They build a good names for themselves the whole world will know their pedigree without having to attach the name Nigeria - if they are smart they will be known as that great airline from Nigeria.

But we should not spend our tax money or any government to shore up any airline or si-called image of national carrier, like I said before, vanity projects do not help the masses of this country
Re: Proposed National Airline: What Model Would Work? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 05, 2014
faithin9ja:
[color=#006600][/color]
Why would they want to use 'Nigeria' ? see how British Airways calls themselves BA- the world airline.
Corporations are trying to make themselves global players, not small local players.
They build a good names for themselves the whole world will know their pedigree without having to attach the name Nigeria - if they are smart they will be known as that great airline from Nigeria.
But we should not spend our tax money or any government to shore up any airline or si-called image of national carrier, like I said before, vanity projects do not help the masses of this country
BA still uses the "British Airways" name on their planes. But I get your point about the carrier being a global player. The likes of KLM-Air France, and BA-Iberia blaze the trail.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Must Read Revelation About Jonathan From A Celestial Prophet / Questions Obasanjo Asked Jonathan At The Abeokuta Meeting In The Presence Of.... / Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Interview @ Chatham House Is Now Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.