Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,396 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Do Nigerian Men Prefer Braids To Weaves? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Do Nigerian Men Prefer Braids To Weaves? (1450 Views)

Worm-infested Weaves Now In The Market / ~ How Long Do You Keep Your Weaves, Braids & Cornrows~ / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ (2) (3) (4)

Do Nigerian Men Prefer Braids To Weaves? by Beazy(f): 6:54am On Nov 04, 2014
Beautiful TV personality, Stephanie Coker writes. Read below..
It’s no secret that women in Nigeria spend crazy amounts on weaves, some with the hope of completing their package to find “Mr Right.”
Ioften rock braids and big twists, and have noticed that I get a different type of attention and compliments from men in comparison to when I wear weaves. This got me thinking, “Do Nigerian men prefer braids to weaves”. Is the preferred hairstyle by our men the cheapest of them all? I asked some guys what they love about braids and these were their responses:
You will always know when women with weave have been in my room as their hair sheds as if they are cats, which I hate.
It looks more natural and makes black women look less artificial
Braids that are done well allow men appreciate the beauty in a woman
I love my braids and they are easy to maintain, but it can get a bit boring.
What do you guys think? Does your man, brother, dad prefer braids to weaves?

Natural Dreadlock. / Naija Brides Hair Do / Boot Cut Jeans Is Whats Up...

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6