Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Advice For Parents. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice For Parents. (1103 Views)

8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / How I Escaped Having Sex In My Early Teens (A Must Read For Parents)! / Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice For Parents. by Naslala(m): 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2006
Well i mean no disrespect to parents but its high time things are done in a more modernised way,parents should learn to stop arguing and fighting in front of their children cos it sure has a negative influence on them.And they should also try and teach their children about sex at their early stages in life.I have a lot to say but i want the house to join me on this
Re: Advice For Parents. by Coco29(f): 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2006
as i have 4 kids and value there opinion i will give you the same carry on cheesy cheesy
Re: Advice For Parents. by dondele(m): 7:52pm On Aug 05, 2006
hmmm, not when i have mine.
Re: Advice For Parents. by mamaput(f): 9:00am On Aug 06, 2006
You made a very good point.
I hope you do not forget it when you have children
Re: Advice For Parents. by kajad(m): 12:03pm On Aug 08, 2006
Naslala:

Well i mean no disrespect to parents but its high time things are done in a more modernised way,parents should learn to stop arguing and fighting in front of their children because it sure has a negative influence on them.And they should also try and teach their children about sex at their early stages in life.I have a lot to say but i want the house to join me on this

What is Modern about not arguing in front of kids? You must mean the reverse because argument in front of kids came with what you call modernisation.

The sex education thing . . . Carry go. . . but not practical o! grin grin
Re: Advice For Parents. by Eurphoria(f): 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2006
I agree with your point it is really damaging to kids to see parents rip each other apart verbally and physically. Like Kajad said it also came with what we call modernisation wink how true that is.

Sex at an early age, yes, i personally will but it won't be as advised by government, i will be careful not to also advocate or encourage teenage sex. I have my reasons and lets hope the work i put in from the moment i pop them out to the time they hit puberty pays off and they are smart and well rounded wink

I don't beleive in a written system on child rearing, i think parents should use their initiative and wisedom(if they have any) in child rearing. In the UK where government passes laws continuosly on how you should rear kids, and we now suffering from it, kids running amok and turning wild. In a way the old fashioned ways aint too bad, just need a lil tweaking here and there.
Re: Advice For Parents. by Oracle(m): 3:33am On Aug 22, 2006
Well you have a point, but sex education is not actually something with parents in Nigeria, some parents might never really talk sex with their kids until they grown and they expect them know about it for marriage and so on.
where do they expect them to learn it.

[img]http://images.google.com/url?q=http://www.goodlaughter.com/funnypictures/pics/sex.jpg&sig=__8B-ZNP5zHm-cP5m5seht_Pou_nY[/img]

(1) (Reply)

Meaning Of Chimaobi / What Makes A Man? / Meet Pa Jimoh Iti-ogede

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.