Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,919 members, 7,863,226 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:25 PM

Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! (45313 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now / Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by seangy4konji: 2:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
Lol @ devils box.

3 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Larow(m): 2:29pm On Nov 04, 2014
Even the deeper life church now do a live transmission of their programs on cable TV and people have the opportunity to watch it live in the viewing centres.
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by alotofgrace(m): 2:29pm On Nov 04, 2014
is the tv not the medium tru which u watch mojo

trully its d devils box

buh dlbc followers watch it ds days

tu bad

2 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 04, 2014
The above story reflects a serious discussion about whether Television is godly.

Now, don't get me wrong. Television is very useful. I am a fan of television. I am also a Christian and an admirer of Dr Kumuyi (though not a member of his church).

But let's be honest....the trouble with TV is that it gives an unrealistic view of the world. It reduces serious political discourse to five second slogans. It reduces religious doctrine to pablum for the masses. It makes education too simplified. And don't get me started on the mindless entertainment.

I guess, as Christians....we should be careful....with television. Don't get addicted to it....but don't dismiss it.

6 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 04, 2014
Acidosis:
Mr Bakare shouldn't have walked out of the Church. Only riff-raffs do that.

We all know Kumuyi's level and authority today, while Bakare is somewhere in Lagos fulfilling the mission of APC whilst propagating Bible sermons.

TV is a devil's box (like it or not)! Only a pastoral riff-raff will make inference to a JOY soap advert on the pulpit! The same advert that depicts unclothedness, unclad models, et cetera.

By their fruits, we shall know them!
are u not being hypocritic ?
Instead of u to attack the double standards of deeper life church u are attacking the pastor n calling him names.
Smh for u

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by dein77(m): 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
Sparkle777:
Zeal without knowlegde.

Very dangerous!

3 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by hotice01: 2:32pm On Nov 04, 2014
Acidosis:

We all know Kumuyi's level and authority today, while Bakare is somewhere in Lagos fulfilling the mission of APC whilst propagating Bible sermons.

TV is a devil's box (like it or not)! Only a pastoral riff-raff will make inference to a JOY soap advert on the pulpit! The same advert that depicts unclothedness, unclad models, et cetera.

Your comment shows your level of maturity,everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You call someone who said the truth a 'riff-raff'.why are u using the internet isn't it also of the devil?did u even care to read his statements well?I'm not a member of his Church but he tells the truth.isn't it on same television that so many churches nw have their own TV stations?we should learn to stop trying to play politics with every issue.from your statement,you watching TV also makes u a child of the devil.

Note:
Until good men decide to stand up and do something (go into politics), the wicked will continue to rule.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by leshluap(m): 2:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
ok
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by holatin(m): 2:36pm On Nov 04, 2014
kennygee:

Space booker spotted. grin

I wish d mod is beside me for a hot slap, imagine loosing a first post on a thread.
Tell me u re not a member of space booker association of nairaland. Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 04, 2014
holatin:

I wish d mod is beside me for a hot slap, imagine loosing a first post on a thread.
Tell me u re not a member of space booker association of nairaland. Nairaland

I was the third to comment but my comment too didn't make it.
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Whizzdom(m): 2:40pm On Nov 04, 2014
Deeper Life is a very good church .... Jus dah i don't like " don't watch television of a tin "

On normal television ... dey don't show rubbish .... buh on foreign television like e.g Dstv and others, dey can show becos it is not govt

So they didn't by force you watch the bad side of the television ... Dey can't tel you to put ya hand in the fire and you would.

Yes ... You are right .,.. BUh Seun ... Dis post doesn't match the post title

Is der something wrong with the system or is it the Web ....

Please try and fix it.
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Barywhyte(m): 2:54pm On Nov 04, 2014
........ and Kumuyi was right afterall. As good as TV is, there is great evil embedded in it but we all still cant do without it (all of us).

For every invention or technology created by man, however brilliant it may be, there is death embedded in it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by cold(m): 2:54pm On Nov 04, 2014
The change in Kumuyi's stance on TV from referring to it as a devil's box to hosting his weekend magic shows on tv is exactly like yahweh going from a hot tempered rabid pitbull in the old testament to a sobered up recovering alcoholic in the new testament.
Moral of the story..times change,people change. If god can sometimes return to his senses what more of his creation.

3 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by mcdokwe(m): 2:55pm On Nov 04, 2014
vicchi12:

Jesus Christ abbors TV?!!!... All this lies you are sharing, there is God oooo!
I said they shouldn't shift grounds on the things Christ abhors, I didn't say he abhorred TV. Sweetie m, read again o.
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Galadimabawa: 3:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
Lat me go, I don't belong here
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by oviedeking: 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
The Bible says don't judge and u will not be judge. As long as we are still brething we all are learning.
So keep your mouth short.

http://www.Nairasky.ML
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by timilehing(m): 3:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
Acidosis:

I believe that devil's box is in your house right?? When Kumuyi labelled TV a devil's box then, but today he himself appears daily on that devil's box. Reasoning, seeing beyond what your eyes can see
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Timmytimmy: 3:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
Same old problem: Legalism and Wordliness. Two extremes we would do well to avoid. it's dangerous to paint everyone with the same brush. I'm sure Pastor Kumuyi was trying to evade Wordliness but ended up with Legalism.
NB: Jesus disliked Legalists than the worldly ones.

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Sibrah: 3:24pm On Nov 04, 2014
I don't quite agree with the idea of using a brand name in a sermon like that, but calling television the devil's box was a harsh thing to do. Maybe it happened during during the analog television era where tv station were unprictable with their content. Advert could come in almost anytime and the adverts where loosely regulated then. Now that we have digital tv things are more predictable.
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by roxell120(m): 3:26pm On Nov 04, 2014
devils box? Cud dat be teevee? grin plz dont go there oo,i cant do without dat box
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by streetzdreamz(m): 3:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
Acidosis:

gbam! U'v said it all.
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by chuksmad(m): 3:33pm On Nov 04, 2014
Acidosis:

Shut up there, that Television you called evil box, even ur GO (Kumuyi) is making use of it now. Some people has a long way to go in their thinking.
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Omimah: 3:36pm On Nov 04, 2014
Acidosis:

Rubbish! Tunde Bakare has shown publicly that he detests APC. He only moves close to Buhari because of the respect he has for him.
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by adewaleh(m): 3:47pm On Nov 04, 2014
Please where re they watching there Weekly activities. is it not in the devil's box

just wondering!!!!
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Joshkid(m): 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by IamTheophilus(m): 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
#Teamdeeperlife...we watch tv 4 my house sha...nd dhat doesn't stop God blessing at my place...staysafe...besmart#PG 18+ Ni koko. grin
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 04, 2014
Acidosis:

It seems you are the riff-faff here. He reserves the right to stay or walk away.

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 4:07pm On Nov 04, 2014
Peter Okoye Igbo Version Of The Lord's Prayer.
www.5rkpf2edn29
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by IamTheophilus(m): 4:09pm On Nov 04, 2014
Whizzdom:

Deeper Life is a very good church .... Jus dah i don't like " don't watch television of a tin "

On normal television ... dey don't show rubbish .... buh on foreign television like e.g Dstv and others, dey can show becos it is not govt

So they didn't by force you watch the bad side of the television ... Dey can't tel you to put ya hand in the fire and you would.

Please try and fix it.
#wtf...who taught yhu summary in high school..lol#meannodisrespect. cheesy
Whizzdom:

Please try and fix it.
#wtf...who taught yhu summary in high school..lol#meannodisrespect.
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by omodapson(m): 4:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
Acidosis:

We would probably not have known a certain Tunde Bakare if he had not walked out. How many pastors in Deeper Life do you hear of in Nigeria today? And to show your hypocrisy, the same pastor that condemned the TV is now propagating gospel on TV. Your approach to life is what makes the difference.
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Awedamoses(m): 4:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
He should have told the church leaders how wrong it is to call tv devils box instead of leaving
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by zoeee(f): 4:12pm On Nov 04, 2014
Acidosis:

undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman's Sex Scandal: "I Believe You Daddy!"- Lady Supports Him / You Have 14 Days To Apologize - Celestial Prophet To David Ibiyeomie / Philip Mensah: I Have Been Sleeping In Graves For 30 Years To Get Powers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.