Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,641 members, 7,847,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! (45291 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now / Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by PenSniper: 6:28am On Nov 08, 2014
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by AVO88(m): 3:12pm On Nov 08, 2014
Acidosis:
Mr Bakare shouldn't have walked out of the Church. Only riff-raffs do that.

We all know Kumuyi's level and authority today, while Bakare is somewhere in Lagos fulfilling the mission of APC whilst propagating Bible sermons.

TV is a devil's box (like it or not)! Only a pastoral riff-raff will make inference to a JOY soap advert on the pulpit! The same advert that depicts unclothedness, unclad models, et cetera.

By their fruits, we shall know them!

Wat a bloody religious bigot u'r
Why has ur pastor kumuyi gone on Tv
Why is there a deeper life television station.
ROTFL!!!! Hypocrites!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by AVO88(m): 3:17pm On Nov 08, 2014
Sparkle777:
Zeal without knowlegde.

U took d words out of my mouth bro.Dat is exactly wat is happenin 2 90% of deeper life church members.Dey so concerned abt outward appereance and self rightousness.

2 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by AVO88(m): 3:20pm On Nov 08, 2014
Sparkle777:
Zeal without knowlegde.

U took d words out of my mouth bro.Dat is exactly wat is happenin 2 90% of deeper life church members.Dey r so concerned abt outward appereance and self rightousness.Wit holier dan Jesus christ atitude dey exhibit.Hypocrisy of d highest order.Na d devils box dem dey use broadcast to all their church branches.LOLSS.Lyk sum1 said judgement day go bloody!!
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by DoctorStephen(m): 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2014
I like people commenting on what they understand.
In Christendom, actions are based on being "fully persuaded". Though it is gravely risky to be sincerely wrong. That is why we are enjoined to "search the scriptures".
If I am serious about getting to heaven, there are some things that I will gladly abstain from, even if it is not a sin, but just part of the "appearances of evil", that the scriptures say we should abstain from.
The Deeper Christian Life Ministry is one of people separated to God, like the old testament levites.
God bless you all.
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by okotv(m): 8:00pm On Nov 08, 2014
AVO88:

U took d words out of my mouth bro.Dat is exactly wat is happenin 2 90% of deeper life church members.Dey r so concerned abt outward appereance and self rightousness.Wit holier dan Jesus christ atitude dey exhibit.Hypocrisy of d highest order.Na d devils box dem dey use broadcast to all their church branches.LOLSS.Lyk sum1 said judgement day go bloody!!
sorry to say this but you don't sound like a Christian, instead you sound like one who is jealous of the denomination....please refrain from saying things you don't grab and for your information acidosis is not a member of the denomination
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 09, 2014
EvilSeeed:
Was born and spent my childhood in Deeperlife Bible Church (Gbagada Branch).

The one thing I can say for certain is that then, Televisions were not allowed to be owned by members. But my Mum being a renegade kept our small President Black and White Devils Box.. grin

When Pastor Kumuyi finally eased up on Televisions, members cried and even started praying for him as they believed he had backslided.

Till today, many Deeperlife homes still dont have televisions in em.

Haha, I can relate bro.

Was also born a deeper life member.

When members eventually started buying, Mum told Dad to buy.

Dad's reply was, "The same mouth with which I once condemned TV cannot be used to price it"

Mum eventually bought and surprisingly, Dad, watches grin

You're wrong about the last part though. Many deeper life homes now have TV.

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by LordReed(m): 10:34am On Nov 09, 2014
Acidosis:

We all know Kumuyi's level and authority today, while Bakare is somewhere in Lagos fulfilling the mission of APC whilst propagating Bible sermons.

TV is a devil's box (like it or not)! Only a pastoral riff-raff will make inference to a JOY soap advert on the pulpit! The same advert that depicts unclothedness, unclad models, et cetera.

Much like the device you use to access the internet is the devil's device, yet you use it. And Kumuyi is now appearing in the devil's box and asking his followers to watch the devil's box.

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 09, 2014
Acidosis:

You are a bigger riff raff.

2 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 09, 2014
zappyj:
I respect Tunde Bakare, d guy says it as it is.

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by femi4: 1:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
DoctorStephen:
I like people commenting on what they understand.
In Christendom, actions are based on being "fully persuaded". Though it is gravely risky to be sincerely wrong. That is why we are enjoined to "search the scriptures".
If I am serious about getting to heaven, there are some things that I will gladly abstain from, even if it is not a sin, but just part of the "appearances of evil", that the scriptures say we should abstain from.
The Deeper Christian Life Ministry is one of people separated to God, like the old testament levites.
God bless you all.
Hypocrite!

Internet/Nairaland is full of appearances of evil.

2 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Acidosis(m): 3:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
LordReed:

Much like the device you use to access the internet is the devil's device, yet you use it. And Kumuyi is now appearing in the devil's box and asking his followers to watch the devil's box.

not refuting that.

"We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one."

1 John 5:19
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by LordReed(m): 3:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
Acidosis:

not refuting that.

"We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one."

1 John 5:19

So I suppose you are wearing devil's clothes and shoes while you eat devil's food too.

2 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Deadlytruth(m): 8:57am On May 02, 2016
femi4:
Yes, we do. The likes of Benson Idahosa

Thanks. There were others like Obadare on NTA Akure back then, etc. In Europe and North America there were already hundreds of Christian TV channels. Now. If what made TV the devil's box was the absence of Christian TV programmes or stations, does it therefore mean that the TV was not the devil's box in Europe back then but was the devil's box only in Nigeria? It is like saying the cultural environment of a people as regards the level of development is the standard for judging what is sinful or holy and no longer the Bible.
Meanwhile I worked with a Deeper Life pastor for five years in which I sacrificed so much of my time and energy to successfully grow his firm from bankruptcy to financial breakthrough. However all he could do in appreciation was to increase my salary by N3,000 in all those five years of self-destructive hard work on my part. As if that was not enough he even tried to cancel my annual leave of just two weeks on the excuse that we needed to work more to improve standards and market share. He altered my daily resumption time and closing time from those we agreed on at the point of negotiation just before I joined his firm in management capacity. It must be noted that I did not apply to join him but he it was who kept begging me for 18 months before I finally accepted. When our level of patronage had increased more than ten times what it was as at when I joined, he decided to come up with policies which he knew would be offensive to me and therefore make me resign. I actually resigned and vowed never to work or even make friends with anyone associated with Deeper Life again. And I have abided by that vow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

You Have 14 Days To Apologize - Celestial Prophet To David Ibiyeomie / Bishop Oyedepo: A Lady From Switzerland Offered To Pay Me To Pray For Her / Sexual Immorality Is Forbidden I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.