Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies (63961 Views)

Blogger Seun Oloketuyi Arrested For False Publications About Bank CEOs / President Jonathan to honor 100 Nigerian companies / 20 Nigerian Companies In Forbes Top 25 Companies In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by GodMode: 8:04am On Sep 06, 2015
manie:
Read "The Makers and Making of Nigerian Private Enterprise" by Tom Forrest. As at 1930 Dantata was biggest depositor in the bank that metamophosed into First Bank, he was also the richest West African as at time.

you should also read my comments on this thread before quoting me....

but just to answer you... That book has a foreigner as the author... It just proves my comments on this thread that those dan-peeps are loyal to colonial masters... you should also ask yourself this questions --

1) HOW CAN SOMEONE GET RICH FROM GROUNDNUTS
2) DOES COCOA HAVE MORE VALUE THAN GROUNDNUTS
3) WHY IS HIS GREAT GRANDSON THE RICHEST BLACKMAN
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by manie(m): 8:17am On Sep 06, 2015
Jarus:

Don't mind these guys.
cool[quote author=Jarus post=37719284] @ Jarus, long time how is your blog doing. I have been on leave of absence from your Investment column for a year, I pray God will bless our hustles and we can all leave lasting legacy and wealth for our Children.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by meccuno: 8:17am On Sep 06, 2015
LesbianBoy:
This is rubbish! Children like this end up being ''spoilt brats''. As for me when i am old i will not give my children any of my companies because i know what i suffered to get to where i am today. They will have to suffer like children of the poor to know that life is not a bed of roses!
that is why you have to brush them up to your standards by sending them to the best educational institutions......abi u born them make dem suffer?
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by villavic(m): 8:22am On Sep 06, 2015
but OP have not seen any one taking over his father private dustbin where only sp**m is drop...step mum

in 9ice voice...let dea ending be my beginning

my fathers 'strict laundry company' could be mine in d nearest future
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 06, 2015
Proverbs 13:22.

StObaino1:

Pls where in the bible is it stated a man leaves inheritance for his grand children. I will like to see that.
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by tonero230(m): 9:26am On Sep 06, 2015
LesbianBoy:
This is rubbish! Children like this end up being ''spoilt brats''. As for me when i am old i will not give my children any of my companies because i know what i suffered to get to where i am today. They will have to suffer like children of the poor to know that life is not a bed of roses!

When you die,carry your wealth enter grave.
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by FANE4Naija: 9:29am On Sep 06, 2015
donstevico:
in case
Come o. Obago! After nearly a year
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by Godmother(f): 9:41am On Sep 06, 2015
Unionised:

Spoken like a baby.

You can give the company to charity na.

Oh sorry. That would also mean 'spoiling' other people's children.

Well, you can take the company with you to heaven...

Shior........

Well said

@Lesbianboy

There are several ways you can instill the value for hardwork and money in children, not by denying them something that is theirs to inherit by virtue of being your kids. Even the Bible says a wise man leaves an inheritance for his kids. Abeg sit up joor
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by manie(m): 10:15am On Sep 06, 2015
LesbianBoy:
You need to change your mindset, people who reason like this hardly succeed nor wise enough to build and bequeth legacy and weath to their children. Instead of giving their children a head-start in life, they become a burden to their struggling children when such parents are old and retired. Rather than being a burden to your Children, wont you prefer to be a blessing to them because of the discipline, right values, legacy and tangible wealth which you have bequethed to them.
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by davidque007(m): 10:31am On Sep 06, 2015
An inspiriing write up
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by freshdude99(m): 11:43am On Sep 06, 2015
Jarus:

I don't talk without facts. Al-Hassan was officially the richest man in West Africa as at the time of his death in 1955.

Check the wiki profiles of both and see who was referred to as West Africa's richest man, then come back to tell me who's ignorant:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhassan_Dantata

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Odumegwu_Ojukwu
If Wikipedia is your reference, then think twice because the last time I checked no one recommends Wikipedia as a reference in any thesis. So try better next time because Wikipedia that I know has lost touch with reality sinx it's your type that update data base with fact they don't even verify before accepting it. Use Wikipedia on any of your reference and see if your supervisor won't give you Fffffffff
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by stevecantrell: 12:05pm On Sep 06, 2015
LesbianBoy:

Lol ! Can you categorically tell us which of these gentlemen up there, you KNOW to be a spoilt brat ?
You sound like these guys don't have any worries or responsibilities whatsoever.

Life is never a bed of roses for anyone !

Money and position isn't everything, you know. Try to get close to some of these guys and find out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by manie(m): 12:13pm On Sep 06, 2015
Jarus:

I don't talk without facts. Al-Hassan was officially the richest man in West Africa as at the time of his death in 1955.

Check the wiki profiles of both and see who was referred to as West Africa's richest man, then come back to tell me who's ignorant:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhassan_Dantata

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Odumegwu_Ojukwu
I think the business strategy and sucessional plan of Dantata Family Businesses is worthy of study by every Nigerian business-person and enterprenuer. The Dantata businesses have successfully navigated the Nigerian and West African business terrain for about a 120 years. The current managers of the family businesses and investments are the 4th generation of the Dantatas. How many African businesses can continue to thrive 60 years after the death of the founder. I am not surprised that the current richest man in Africa is a great grandson of this great man called Dantata.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by An0nimus: 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2015
thanks naptu2
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by Macdove02(m): 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2015
Good one....Was in Ademola Adeojo office sometimes last year...o boy, Na three roadblock before u go enter his office...Good for them...My own time dey come
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by naptu2: 1:06pm On Sep 06, 2015
An0nimus:
thanks naptu2

My pleasure.
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by lawaldoski(m): 1:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
ducii:
As Uzoma Dozie officially resumes today as the new CEO of Diamond Bank PLC, a bank his father founded 24 years ago, we take a look at CEOs of companies founded by their fathers and how they are performing.

Paschal Dozie and Uzoma Dozie

Business mogul and serial investor, Paschal Dozie, founded Diamond Bank in 1990, growing it into one of Nigeria’s top tier banks before resigning as CEO in 2006. Fourteen years and two CEOs gone, the mantle of leadership returned to his family in the capacity of his son, Uzoma Dozie, who has spent the last 20 years mastering his trade in the banking industry.

uzoma

Under the exiting CEO Alex Otti, Diamond Bank had its most successful period, and Uzoma ushered into the hot seat is been watched closely to see if he can better, not just his predecessor’s achievement, but also his father’s legacy.

Many say aside his in-depth experience and intellect, the 45 year old trained chemist has his father’s blood as an advantage. Looking the mentions below, and how well they have performed so far, father’s blood sure looks like an added advantage.

Abdulwahab Iyanda Folawiyo and Tunde Folawiyo

The perfect example of a father to son handover, even more perfect than that of Paschal and Uzoma. Tunde Folawiyo’s father, Abdulwahab Iyanda Folawiyo, began what will become a business empire when he founded Yinka Folawiyo & Sons, an import-export enterprise, in 1957; four years before Tunde was born. Fifty years on, the enterprise has grown into Yinka Folawiyo Group, a diverse conglomerate with interests in shipping, banking, construction, agriculture and energy; and Tunde has grown into, well, the Chairman.

yinka folawiyo

The elder Folawiyo, famous for his business savviness and philanthropy, passed on in 2008 and the baton of his legacy was passed on to Tunde as he became the chairman of the Yinka Folawiyo Group. Tunde has been the CEO and group Managing Director of the group since 1989, and prior to that practised law with the law firm Messrs Ogunsanya & Ogunsanya. Like his father, Tunde’s business savviness continues to manifest; he has held roles on the board of several leading companies among them the Telecom giant MTN Nigeria Communications Ltd where is a director and shareholder.

He has also taken to philanthropy, demonstrated by his involvement in several education institutions, including the African Leadership Academy — a school dedicated to improving the skills of the next generation of African leaders.

Otunba Michael Subomi Balogun and Ladi Balogun

If Ladi Balogun is among the shining stars of Nigeria’s Banking industry, then his father, Otunba Michael Subomi Balogun, is among those who set up its galaxy.

FCMB

The senior Balogun founded, in 1979, the First City Merchant (now Monument) Bank, which was then the first to be established in Nigeria without government or foreign support. He had resigned from his job at a bank two years earlier after he felt cheated out of a deserved Chief Executive position, a depiction of the guts and self-confidence that he is made of.

Just as Otunba is reputed for his courage in founding the bank, his son’s dexterity is remarked as being the key in the expansion of the bank. The junior Balogun since taking over from his father has transformed FCMB from a privately held business to a listed company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 2004 and from a merchant bank to full service banking group.

Michael Ade-Ojo and Ademola Ade-Ojo

Michael Ade-Ojo is the archetypical serial businessman, with diverse interests ranging from Automobile to Oil and Gas. However, the most prominent of his ventures is Elizade Nigeria Limited, and it’s here that his son Ademola Ade-Ojo comes in.

Elizade

Michael, now in his 70s, founded Elizade in the early 70s as a trading company handling general textile sales. A few years later, the company grew into an automobile marketing company dealing on only Toyota vehicles and spare parts in Nigeria. Following his company’s decades of a strong relationship with Toyota, it is now the number 1 Toyota dealer in Nigeria.

Michael’s strong relationship with his son Demola, take after his father’s business as the CEO and Managing Director in 2005. Well-grounded in auto business, Demola Ade.Ojo holds a 1st and 2nd degree in Business Administration from universities in the United States of America, and worked there in Toyota Motor Sales Incorporated [TMSI], where he held several management positions. His experience at the aforementioned company is widely seen as a contributing factor to successful leadership of ELIZADE.

http://www.ventures-africa.com/2014/11/four-nigerian-companies-where-ceos-are-sons-of-founders/
Daar Communication (AIT, RayPower, DaarSat and Faaji)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by scarr: 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2015
LesbianBoy:
all rich kids are spoilt brats and all poor kids are saintssmiley

#interesting
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by Jarus(m): 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2015
freshdude99:

If Wikipedia is your reference, then think twice because the last time I checked no one recommends Wikipedia as a reference in any thesis. So try better next time because Wikipedia that I know has lost touch with reality sinx it's your type that update data base with fact they don't even verify before accepting it. Use Wikipedia on any of your reference and see if your supervisor won't give you Fffffffff

And this is an academic reference abi?

And why did the writer of L.Ojukwu's profile forget to refer to him as richest West African?
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by Walexsammy(m): 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2015
LesbianBoy:
u need to change ur ideology
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by mayo47(m): 3:18pm On Sep 06, 2015
David O. dafinone to Igho Dafinone

Horwath Dafinone (Chartered Accountants)
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by Solomonodimegwu(m): 3:34pm On Sep 06, 2015
Kayendy:
Congrats to them... will soon join. dem... hope my elder bro no dey nairaland b4 en go kill me overnight
lol!
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by freshdude99(m): 6:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
Jarus:

And this is an academic reference abi?

And why did the writer of L.Ojukwu's profile forget to refer to him as richest West African?

I wonder wats the essence of ur knowledge if it's not for academic purpose
Dude it's best for you to stop deceiving people and quit smoking Wikipedia because it's dangerous to your brain... Just before you and your likes term my knowledge sharing with with you chest beating, its on record that sir Louis provided the car queen Elizabeth drove when she visited Nigeria...
I wonder where your richest man was then that he was no where to be found...

Go search for that documentary and watch so that you don't keep celebrating your ignorance on NL... Thank yhu grin
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by Jarus(m): 6:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
freshdude99:

Dude it's best for you to stop deceiving people and quit smoking Wikipedia because it's dangerous to your brain... Just before you and your likes term my knowledge sharing with with you chest beating, its on record that sir Louis provided the car queen Elizabeth drove when she visited Nigeria...

Go search for that documentary and watch so that you don't keep celebrating your ignorance on NL... Thank yhu grin

Smh. So that someone provided the car Queen Elizabeth drove made him the richest Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by freshdude99(m): 6:32pm On Sep 06, 2015
Jarus:

Smh. So that someone provided the car Queen Elizabeth drove made him the richest Nigerian?
Go and watch the documentary and see for yourself so that you won't say one dude on NL said this or that.
It was openly stated and I watch it on NTA
I think it's available on YouTube as well.
So happy watching grin
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by freshdude99(m): 6:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
Jarus:

It wasn't just any car bro....
It's a limousine in the 60s
Bros yeeeeey
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 06, 2015
Treasure88:

very bad! . pls change ur mentality oo its a gud thing if ur children r responsible n take over ur business. a man first failure is bad children. train ur children well n make them intelligent. ur wealth may just be a foundation for them. that's if u later have such wealth because ur thinking is .............

I for one was wondering who he would bequeath his wealth yo if not his children - his employees or people from his village.
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by naptu2: 8:12pm On Sep 06, 2015
freshdude99:

Jarus:

1) In what year did Queen Elizabeth visit Nigeria and in what year did Al-Hassan Dantata die?

2) The Queen also rode in the Emir of Kano's car (a custom made Rolls Royce Silver Wraith). Does that therefore mean that the Emir of Kano was the richest man in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by manie(m): 10:07pm On Sep 06, 2015
I think the Queen visited Nigeria after the death of Dantata
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by manie(m): 10:09pm On Sep 06, 2015
tongue
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by freshdude99(m): 10:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
naptu2:

1) In what year did Queen Elizabeth visit Nigeria and in what year did Al-Hassan Dantata die?

2) The Queen also rode in the Emir of Kano's car (a custom made Rolls Royce Silver Wraith). Does that therefore mean that the Emir of Kano was the richest man in Nigeria?
Kindergarten analysis for your likes
You mentioned two names, one a politician and the other an entrepreneur...
I think you just answered your question yourself
Re: Nigerian Companies Where Ceos Are Sons Of Founders Of The Companies by emmatok(m): 11:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
GodMode:

you should also read my comments on this thread before quoting me....

but just to answer you... That book has a foreigner as the author... It just proves my comments on this thread that those dan-peeps are loyal to colonial masters... you should also ask yourself this questions --

1) HOW CAN SOMEONE GET RICH FROM GROUNDNUTS
2) DOES COCOA HAVE MORE VALUE THAN GROUNDNUTS
3) WHY IS HIS GREAT GRANDSON THE RICHEST BLACKMAN

LOL,

If you know the Global consumption of Groundnuts(PEANUT) you wont be asking those questions.

Nigeria once survived without oil and gas, but GROUNDNUTS and COCOA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naira Redesign: ICPC Busts Sterling Bank, Discovers N258m, Makes Arrests / Graduate Of ABU, Zaria Selling Kunu / 25 Most Expensive World Currencies In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.