Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

His Wedding Or The Job Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / His Wedding Or The Job Interview? (2512 Views)

" I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? / When You Really Want The Job And The Interviewer Just Told A Joke / After Getting Your Dream Job What Next? Car, Wedding Or Land? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by Fraih(f): 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2014
There's this guy whose wedding ceremony is on saturday, all plans has been put in place, arrangements done and everything is set although he is managing a teaching job(where he's paid 20,000) but applied for jobs in some companies...he passed the test he wrote at Chevron and he's waiting to be called for an interview....
Lo and behold, he just got a text message which is an interview invite to hold on saturday- his wedding day at 12noon.
And its a 2hr drive to the interview centre, its a 50:50 chance that he'll get the job after the interview because they only requested for some credentials and a few interactive session. He'd be paid 300,000 per month when he starts

Now this guy is in a fix, to postpone the wedding considering the plans, the Invitation cards that has been set, start contacting family and friends talking about the postponement and go for the job or to ignore the interview and run his new home with his 20,000, btw, his wife-to-be is still searching for a job

What do you guys advice?
Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by pacesetter939: 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2014
The dude shouldn't miss this opportunity. He should shift the wedding by 24hours. Wedding take place on Sundays also. The Bible says that 'He that findeth a wife finds a good thing and obtains favour from GOD.'
It could be that his wife is bringing breakthrough his way and this is the preliminary phase.

1 Like

Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by Emasel(m): 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2014
Fraih:
There's this guy whose wedding ceremony is on saturday, all plans has been put in place, arrangements done and everything is set although he is managing a teaching job(where he's paid 20,000) but applied for jobs in some companies...he passed the test he wrote at Chevron and he's waiting to be called for an interview....
Lo and behold, he just got a text message which is an interview invite to hold on saturday- his wedding day at 12noon.
And its a 2hr drive to the interview centre, its a 50:50 chance that he'll get the job after the interview because they only requested for some credentials and a few interactive session. He'd be paid 300,000 per month when he starts

Now this guy is in a fix, to postpone the wedding considering the plans, the Invitation cards that has been set, start contacting family and friends talking about the postponement and go for the job or to ignore the interview and run his new home with his 20,000, btw, his wife-to-be is still searching for a job

What do you guys advice?

Super Story!

Nollywood needs you more than Nairaland,only that your write up is too predictable.

13 Likes

Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by UnknownT: 7:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
Emasel:

Super Story!

Nollywood needs you more than Nairaland,only that your write up is too predictable.
Lol! I bin wan ask wen chevron write test wey we no hear am for nairaland here
Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by chykes5000(m): 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2014
Story for the gods

1 Like

Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
It had beta be super story I mean who earns 20k and thinks of marriage

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by Fraih(f): 8:33pm On Nov 04, 2014
bossmini84:
It had beta be super story I mean who earns 20k and thinks of marriage

U'd say u haven't seen one
Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by Fraih(f): 8:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
UnknownT:
Lol! I bin wan ask wen chevron write test wey we no hear am for nairaland here

I should ask the guy when he wrote the test....brb undecided
Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 04, 2014
@OP help me ask the guy how he applied grin grin

On a more serious note, I feel he stands a good chance of landing the Job if he attends the Interview.

When asked ths question of "why we should hire you"

All he need say is that I love the Job so much I postponed my wedding. The Interviewers will just sob and hand him his offer letter grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by amosisinsin(f): 9:16pm On Nov 04, 2014
Very simple @ OP. He should shift d wedding venue to d interview center, put rice, pomo and fish head inside nylon and give it to d interviewer for co-operating

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by krested07: 9:48pm On Nov 04, 2014
Funny enough, I had a similar experience. My wedding ate clashed with an interview with FINCA for a senior role, far better than my present job.
I turned down the interview and went for my wedding.
If the job was truly mine, God wouldn't have fixed it on my wedding day.
So my advice is, if he feels and knows for sure that he will obtain God's favour after marrying his wife then he should go for his wedding.

2 Likes

Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by saintandsinnerz: 11:39am On Nov 05, 2014
Fraih:

What do you guys advice?

You are talking as if interviews are not rescheduled. Your story sounds very incredible really! If it is actually true, the dude won't even have to consider cancelling his wedding (because it is more easier to cancel an interview appointment than a wedding appointment), what he only need to do is to contact the company for a new date

2 Likes

Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by LYNDDY(f): 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2014
saintandsinnerz:

You are talking as if interviews are not rescheduled. Your story sounds very incredible really! If it is actually true, the dude won't even have to consider cancelling his wedding (because it is more easier to cancel an interview appointment than a wedding appointment), what he only need to do is to contact the company for a new date

I agree with you, chevron is a big company and am sure you can reschedule your interview with them. And besides I thought chevron no longer exist?
Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by jaybee3(m): 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2014
This yeye nonsensical hypothetical question again angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by christabeli: 1:16pm On Nov 05, 2014
jaybee3:
This yeye nonsensical hypothetical question again angry angry angry angry angry
lol see your face
Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by jaybee3(m): 1:17pm On Nov 05, 2014
christabeli:
lol see your face
Just like yours tongue tongue
Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by KillerBeauty(f): 2:53pm On Nov 05, 2014
Mtcheeew super silly story. The first idea that will enter the guys head after he received the invite is to call and reschedule the interview for another date. Nobody will consider cancelling or rescheduling the wedding

1 Like

Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by Vikkiboi(m): 3:20pm On Nov 05, 2014
Who dives into marriage with a 20k pay? Who does that?
Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by Vikkiboi(m): 3:22pm On Nov 05, 2014
taiwolusol:
@OP help me ask the guy how he applied grin grin

On a more serious note, I feel he stands a good chance of landing the Job if he attends the Interview.

When asked ths question of "why we should hire you"

All he need say is that I love the Job so much I postponed my wedding. The Interviewers will just sob and hand him his offer letter grin grin grin

Ok, you nailed it grin
Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 05, 2014
Vikkiboi:

They're probably used to soaking garri and epa. So no qualms.
Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 05, 2014
Vikkiboi:

Nigerians in Nigeria

@ op, honestly sell this script to Emem Isong and watch how the end would end....
at end of the movie, i see the guy buying a range rover sport for his wife while dissing all the girls' that refused marrying him cos of his salary. grin
i just pray Jim Iyke wont be handed that role sha......
Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 05, 2014
Fraih:

What do you guys advice?

I think he should first of all call in for a reschedule.
If he also postpones the wedding and doesn't get the job at the end of the day, he would not be happy with himself.
It's just an interview for god sakes. Doesn't mean a thing.
He should call them and they would give him an exception.
If they don't care that he is getting married then they probably don't care about him and they already have a candidate for that position.
If he is considered a potential employee then they could shift it towards the evening or very early or to a later date.
Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by JEITO: 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2014
Fraih:

What do you guys advice?
if the guy in question, was to marry you, wat would you advise him to do?
Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by Fraih(f): 8:35pm On Nov 05, 2014
While some comments are reasonable, others are sickening! To the latter, I pray you don't find urself at this kinda T-junction....
Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by Fraih(f): 8:37pm On Nov 05, 2014
JEITO:
if the guy in question, was to marry you, wat would you advise him to do?

....If you are the guy in question, what would you do?
Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by mamachops(f): 9:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
I realy didn't want to comment on this cos I know its just a fiction...
But on a second thought....its funny how some people here reason ooo...

If after ur marriage, as a six figure earner, then u loose ur job..( at least dis happened to some of my peeps during dat 2010 bank downsizing issues)....so what will u do?

Planning a wedding on a 20k income is not a new thing oooo....especially in small cities outside lag, ph, abj and co....

Then again postponing a wedding is actually not an omen, especially in d case of a favorable circumstance.
I've seen weddings being cancelled completely cos d groom to be was a drug dealer and d bride just found out ( u know all these obodo oyibom crazy chic..., well tday d lady is married t a med doctor)....
my friend planned his wedding couple of months earlier, after sending out ivs, d state fixed election on same date( check d delta state election last year october)... he had t postpone his wedding t Sunday.... u know d no movement thing during election. He just did a bulk sms to d guests on d change and of course, most guests arrived on Friday.

My point is not how true d story above is, but how life situations can make us to be more responsible, rational and dynamic in decision making.....

We need to open our mind to alternatives , cos whatever we see as norm are manmade, so trim it to suit u. live your life, don't live the rules....that's freedom to me.

1 Like

Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by Uchboggy(m): 10:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
LYNDDY:

I agree with you, chevron is a big company and am sure you can reschedule your interview with them. And besides I thought chevron no longer exist?
chevron just declared some billion dollars as 3rd quarter profit last week and you r 'thoughting'... You better 'thought' well.
Re: His Wedding Or The Job Interview? by JEITO: 8:14am On Nov 06, 2014
Fraih:

....If you are the guy in question, what would you do?
if frm my N20,000 salary, I have been able to save. Enough to plan for a wedding, why should I squash it for a job interview? Marriage and job are nt on the same page in life.

Oya back to you, wat would you advise your fiance to do?

(1) (Reply)

Unadvertise Job (it's Urgent) / Hire Reliable And Professionally Trained Drivers In Abuja / Heineken Goplaces Recruitment Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.