Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja (5144 Views)

The Reason Why That Your Tokunbo Car Keeps Overheating Here In Nigeria / Pretty Woman Spotted Driving A Dangote Truck In Ibadan..photos / Why I'll Never Buy A Tokunbo Car Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by igwe11(m): 7:19pm On Nov 20, 2008
Hello Nlanders can someone help a brother on the areas to be on the police and custom officials look out along Lagos- Abuja route.
I mean moving a (new but  already registered with Abuja plate no.) Tokunbo car from Lag to Abj.
Your contributions are highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Igwe
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 20, 2008
Hmm Igwe have u got a new baby? am sure you would definately be posting it with the VIN No.lol well i fill if your custom papers are clean you shouldnt have any problem or you could use a soldier who would charge around 25k to bring it to Abuja.TRUST ME NO 1 WILL STOP YOU COS HES GOIN TO BE ON UNIFORM.
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by adexcarz(m): 8:05pm On Nov 20, 2008
>
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by igwe11(m): 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2008
adexcarz:

If it has all custom papers then you have no problem. But if it doesn't then you might have to do a booking with customs at Ogere prior to the day you intend traveling to Abuja. They customs charge based on the kind of cars and there are instances were they don't accept bookings thats if their boss is around.
Thanks brother, but do customs disturb cars with registered plate no. too .and where is ogere located and like how much?
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by igwe11(m): 8:18pm On Nov 20, 2008
do you have yahoo address let chat off nl?
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by adexcarz(m): 8:22pm On Nov 20, 2008
igwe 1:

Thanks brother, but do customs disturb cars with registered plate no. too .and where is ogere located and like how much?
[/quote Yeah they do disturb cars with registered numbers. Their target are newly registered cars. Trust me those people got an eagle eyes. I only had to do such with my 1998 Mazda 626 last year and i ended up not booking because their boss was around then. I can't really give figures but say a 2000 Honda accord they shouldn't charge more than 5k. Ogere used to be a toll gate between Ogun state and Oyo state.
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by adexcarz(m): 8:23pm On Nov 20, 2008
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by igwe11(m): 8:24pm On Nov 20, 2008
adexcarz:

adexcarz@yahoo
ok wait
thanks
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by Nighttrain: 12:18am On Nov 21, 2008
Fly the car on a sunday morning. thats your best bet. If the cars leaves Lagos by 5.30am, by the time yu will be getting to the police checks, they will be getting ready for the shift changes or be sleeping after a long night, (the black and black guys are your greatest headache) but make sure you have your #200 for the highway patrol guys and MOPOL. For the Highway patrol guys, they have cars that can pursue you easily. The customs, well make sure your papers are genuine or na Ikeja you go end. have a lot of #200 mints f you intend to do it by yourself. But if your hand no stong, leave am to pros and pay the fee.

1 Like

Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by FLORIDACAR: 5:38am On Nov 21, 2008
@ IGWE why worried my brother? just go to train station in lagos and send it overnite from LAGOS to ABUJA. lol
the last time i checked i think they have 3 daily train services from LAGOS to ABUJA & its all police , custom free services. enjoy!
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by igwe11(m): 8:01am On Nov 21, 2008
FLORIDACAR:

@ IGWE why worried my brother? just go to train station in lagos and send it overnite from LAGOS to ABUJA. lol
the last time i checked i think they have 3 daily train services from LAGOS to ABUJA & its all police , custom free services. enjoy!
  grin Train, waow!! grin grin, How is this done?where is their terminus in Lagos and Abuja? and what is their charges like?
Thanks mahn!!

Nighttrain:

Fly the car on a sunday morning. thats your best bet. If the cars leaves Lagos by 5.30am, by the time yu will be getting to the police checks, they will be getting ready for the shift changes or be sleeping after a long night, (the black and black guys are your greatest headache) but make sure you have your #200 for the highway patrol guys and MOPOL. For the Highway patrol guys, they have cars that can pursue you easily. The customs, well make sure your papers are genuine or na Ikeja you go end. have a lot of #200 mints f you intend to do it by yourself. But if your hand no stong, leave am to pros and pay the fee.
Thanks night train, can your train do the work for me. grin grin grin
Even if i would  drive,am afraid, i mighty end up where i took off  for not knowing the route too well.
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by oranges(m): 9:50am On Nov 21, 2008
@igwe congrats bros. i will advise you to use a prof. or the KAKI Boys if your papers are not complete. and on the train issue, 4get it there is no rail link btw aBUJA and LAGOS. The closest you get is in Minna Station. At my last check, there will be no trail suttle for atleast the next 2 wks because of washouts along the line. The train would have been the cheapest option because i use it most times to shift some heavy goods to the north.
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by igwe11(m): 11:43am On Nov 21, 2008
oranges:

@igwe congrats bros. i will advise you to use a prof. or the KAKI Boys if your papers are not complete. and on the train issue, forget it there is no rail link between aBUJA and LAGOS. The closest you get is in Minna Station. At my last check, there will be no trail suttle for atleast the next 2 wks because of washouts along the line. The train would have been the cheapest option because i use it most times to shift some heavy goods to the north.
Thanks brother,
I think adexcarz can be of help to me.
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by 190: 5:53pm On Nov 21, 2008
fly over there as a witch, ha ha
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by igwe11(m): 6:01pm On Nov 21, 2008
190:

fly over there as a witch, ha ha
You don see witch before!!!
you, i go catch you!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by igwe11(m): 10:38pm On Nov 24, 2008
Nairaland, my car has arrived Abuja without any hassle or police disturbance  courtesy a Nairalander.I simply do not know where to start in thanking this gentle young  man, but i can only say God bless you and what ever you put hand in this world shall be blessed in Jesus name.

With these type of people, I assure you, there is hope in this country.
if you have any problems bringing your car down to Abuja,  ask me for his name and your car will be on your doorstep without any hassle. cool cool cool cool cool

The main gist is coming -----------------
Good night
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by abbyode(m): 5:16am On Nov 25, 2008
Igwe, u must make sure u tell us the full gist, please.
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by Poj1(m): 5:51am On Nov 25, 2008
IGWE, how old is your car? How can a whole IGWE be driving contraband.
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by igwe11(m): 7:06am On Nov 25, 2008
P.oj:

Due to my busy schedule and not used to land transportation, I was unable to do it myself, after all the car is 3 G compliance and Nigeria police won't hesitate to make ends meet and cause unnecessary delay, but all the same, if you have good connections and reputations  you will go places unhurt.
To God be the glory.
cool cool
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by Emperoh(m): 7:11am On Nov 25, 2008
Igwe
You did not display the VIN number and Mileage as well as pics of your car shocked shocked shocked

Whats with you nah tongue tongue

You no even arrange us small mmanya to jolificate with you angry angry
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by igwe11(m): 7:43am On Nov 25, 2008
Emperoh:

Igwe
You did not display the VIN number and Mileage as well as pics of your car shocked shocked shocked

Whats with  you nah tongue tongue

Mmanya will surely come, cool cool but for my car VIN and picture, am afraid it won't be displayed on NL for security reasons.  undecided lipsrsealed
Thanks for your concern and have a wonderful day!!

Regards,
Igwe
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by Emperoh(m): 7:53am On Nov 25, 2008
igwe 1:

Mmanya will surely come, cool cool [b]but for my car VIN and picture, am afraid it won't be displayed on NL for security reasons. undecided lipsrsealed
Thanks for your concern and have a wonderful day!![/b]

Regards,
Igwe

But you know that we have to sanitize this thread nah tongue tongue

No wahala waiting for the signal for the mmanya
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by igwe11(m): 8:01am On Nov 25, 2008
Emperoh:

The car is not meant for sale, at least not for now, just get it.
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by 190: 11:29am On Nov 25, 2008
igwe 1 flew there as a witch, nlanders cant u ppl see, open ur eyes and see, shocked
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by igwe11(m): 12:33pm On Nov 25, 2008
190:

igwe 1 flew there as a witch, nlanders can't u people see, open ur eyes and see, shocked
As you make your Bed so shall you lay on it. lipsrsealed
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by igwe11(m): 3:01pm On Nov 26, 2008
He who throws a stone into a market place knows not who the victim could be.
Adebusayo  almost dragged me into a mess.
Adexcarz drove my car all the way from Lagos to my house in Abuja without any demand for kobo.
I can vehemently say  that  Adexcarz is one of the good Nigerians not because he brought my car at no charge but  b/c his honesty has no part two, no hotel bills since he has a house in Lagos,he paid for his ticket to Lagos and what have you.
He made me trust him even when it was the first time of meeting with him.
The full story is yet to come-----
But don't forget to be good to everybody and never be a party to any deceitful act.
Nairaland, you guys are d best.
Long life everybody!!!!!!

Regards Igwe
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by Busybody2(f): 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2008
P.oj:

Emperoh:

Igwe
Whats with you nah tongue tongue
Emperoh:

igwe 1:

The car is not meant for sale, at least not for now, just get it.

Lighten up Igwe, he was only pulling your legs na undecided What happened to your sense of humour grin What's the matter babe, you can talk to moi you know
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by Carshopper(m): 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2008
@Igwe

please give us gist now,  we have been waiting, wetin happen when police stop una for ife?
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by igwe11(m): 7:28pm On Nov 26, 2008
Busy_body:

Lighten up Igwe, he was only pulling your legs na undecided What happened to your sense of humour grin What's the matter babe, you can talk to moi you know
Apology to Emperoh,190 and P.oj,
You guys should had known that people don't talk to Igwe with their caps on their head not to mention interruption or distraction when Igwe is speaking.

For the full gist, I will give it to you guys,but let me first take my snuff.
grin grin
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by Busybody2(f): 7:51pm On Nov 26, 2008
igwe 1:

Apology to Emperoh,190 and P.oj,
You guys should had known that people don't talk to Igwe with their caps on their head not to mention interruption or distraction when Igwe is speaking.

For the full gist, I will give it to you guys,but let me first take my snuff.
grin grin

The funny and jovial King we know, is back, welcome back Igwe my lord kiss your throne awaits grin grin grin
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by Carshopper(m): 8:00pm On Nov 26, 2008
igweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja by igwe11(m): 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2008
Busy_body:

The funny and jovial King we know, is back, welcome back Igwe my lord kiss your throne awaits grin grin grin
No matter how strong a man may seems to be, he can never overpower/overgrown his missing rib.your good wish is my command. cheesy cheesy
Carshopper:

igweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
you shall live long!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy

Carshopper:

@Igwe
please give us gist now,  we have been waiting, wetin happen when police stop una for ife?
I think Adexcarz will be in the better position to tell you, but the headline is that the police man was opportune to speak to somebody, of which he had never thought of nor imagine himself speaking to on phone in his life. cool  smiley wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benz C180 Vs. Toyota Camry 1999. Which One Is Better? Interms Of Fuel Economy / Chrysler Pacifica Dash Board Display Horrible! / See The Supercar Made Of Wood... Interesting(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.