Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,843 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Diary Of David - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of David (10232 Views)

Tales Of David / Sunday African Poetry Special: Africa By David Diop / FEDDIE GIRL (The Nigerian Federal/Boarding School Novel By Nona David) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of David by emarkson(m): 9:07pm On Dec 25, 2014
ok nw
Re: Diary Of David by DUOz(m): 5:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
Sorry for keeping you guys waiting oo

EPISODE EIGHT (CONTINUATION)

I had already started to picture myself with a new phone. "Am gonna miss you baby" I spoke to my phone like it could understand me. I threw the phone up several times and caught it with different postures, not long after I dozed off with my legs partially on the floor.
GBOW! GBOW! GBOW! I heard gunshots and bangs on our door. I immediately flew up from my bed in panic. My heart was racing and I was visually uneasy. There was pitch darkness and I couldn't even see my palms that were 30 centimetres away. Due to my dexterity in mental sketches I had a soft copy of my house map in my brain, so with the aid of my hands I could find my way around the house. I traced my steps in the direction the noise was coming from and found my self in the sitting room. The persistent creature banged the door furiously. "Who is that?" I yelled with anger. "Open the door now" the unanimous person demanded. With a perplexed look on my face I continued my interrogation "please we don't open door for strangers in the night". The person was obviously not alone as I could hear indistinct conversation with another accomplice. Suddenly I heard gunshots that almost deafened me, I covered my ears with my palms very tightly, after some seconds I slowly opened my eyes and realised our door was the victim of the gunshots as our lifeless door fell to the ground. I was now certain they were armed robbers and decided to run for dear life. I raced down to my room and bumped into my parents on the way. The gunshot had obviously disrupted their sleep and they looked visibly troubled "David what happened, why are you running" I didn't know what to say and the only words that found its way out of my mouth was "armed robbers, armed robbers" I said panting and pointing towards the door. "What?" My father yelled in anger and they rushed into the sitting room to confirm my allegation. I knew Mr death awaited me. If I went back to the sitting room because I had surely pissed them off. So I continued my journey to my room and locked the door behind me. I grabbed a piece of wood that was detached from a wardrobe door and broke the ceiling boards. I stood on a stool and forced my self into the ceiling. I balanced my self on a wood and squeezed my self tightly and visibly shaking out of fear.
I listened carefully and heard the voices of strange men roar like angry lions "hey everybody lie down and remain calm" one of the men ordered "our job here is simple. Bring forth the money and no one gets hurt" another man yelled. For the next few seconds there was dead silence, suddenly I heard my room door come down with a thud, someone had obviously broken into my room. He ransacked the room and turned everything upside down. I covered my mouth with my palms very tightly and tears trickled down my chicks. I could barely breath to avoid the tiniest threat of noise. POW!! POW!!! Another set of gunshots went off and I was certain it came from our sitting room. "Damn it man!!! What the hell have you done?" One of the gunned men yelled "we don't spill blood, no matter what, that our code man, damn it" "we come for the money and leave, that's it" he added. "Don't tell me about code, anybody mess with me, he goes down" the other man replied. It was obviously an argument and it was clear my family member was the victim. "Come on let's get out of here" one of them demanded. "NOOOO!!! WHYYY!!!" I heard screams from the sitting room. Soon enough I summoned courage from within and jumped down, I grabbed a torch from under my bed and ran towards the sitting room. I was early enough to witness the departure of the last group member. I shun the light to his face and he immediately shielded his face with his left arm, the whole arm was covered in red ink and I figured it was a tattoo shaped in a dragon. He quickly took heed and bolted away, I shifted my gaze to my helpless family and my jaw dropped when I saw a cherished member of my family drowning in a pool of blood........

STAY TUNED
Re: Diary Of David by DUOz(m): 9:10pm On Jan 14, 2015
Please you guys should tell me what you think about the story so far. The places you would like to see improvements. I will be dropping episode 9 ASAP wink
Re: Diary Of David by DUOz(m): 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
EPISODE 9

It was my father, he lay lifeless on the floor drowning in his own pool of blood. They shook him vigorously and cried out "NOOOO!!!! Papa whyyy" adaobi screamed out her throat. My mom was going crazy her scream shook the foundation of the building everyone's face was full with tears and catarrh dripping and drooling down. The touch slipped from my grip and broke into pieces on its encounter with the hard terazo floor. I fell to my knees and sobbed quietly, suddenly I screamed aloud like I have never done before. I couldn't believe my father was gone. I crawled up to him and held him tightly "please don't die, don't die on me" I whispered to him with tears dripping from my eyes. I stood up with anger "I swear I will kill them this night" I said and dashed out of the house. I ran very fast not sure where I was headed, anger and rage clouded my sense of reasoning. I was ready to battle even with a tiger if possible. I got to the road side but no sign of anybody or activity. "Where are you$? Come out" I yelled at the top of my voice. After some minutes of standing forlorn by the roadside it dawned on me that I will never get the armed robbers that killed my father. "I may never see them again" I thought to myself. "If I ever set my eyes on that tattooed guy again I will make sure he drinks his blood and eats his own flesh"I said as I used my forefinger to rub the earth and placed it on my tongue and raised it to the sky to demonstrate swearing.
I walked briskly to the house sobbing and crying, they were still on the floor crying on my fathers corpse. I partially felt guilty for my fathers death, maybe if I didn't run to my room like a coward I would have prevented his death.
I found my way to an isolated corner and sat down bowing my head. I poured out tears like spring water source. Some minutes later we heard the sirens of police and they invaded the whole area. They got to our house and saw that they were too late. My father was immediately rushed to the hospital incase his life could still be saved. The next day it was confirmed that my father was dead, two bullets had pierced through his heart and lungs and he had died instantly.
Re: Diary Of David by DUOz(m): 3:06pm On Jan 18, 2015
EPISODE NINE CONTINUATION

Later that day we were invited to the police station by the D.P.O of our district to give a statement. We. Got to the station and found ill-fated victims of the robbery like us, but my father was the only one that lost his life that night. We all sat together on the guest seats facing the D.P.O in his well air conditioned office. "Good day ladies and gentle men" the D.P.O greeted. We were too engrossed in sniffles and tears to reply his greeting so he went on. "I understand your house got robbed yesterday night at about 1:30 AM" "yes sir" I replied "can you tell me everything that happened" he demanded. I rolled my head from side to side and downloaded everything for him. "Okay thank you Mr David" the D.P.O said. He turned to my mother and demanded her part of the story. My mother sniffed in her catarrh and wiped her tears only to remain quite for a while. "Woman please you need to talk. We need you to help us to help you" the D.P.O said looking visibly worried. "It was about 1:30 AM when we heard the gunshot" she started "I and my husband sprang up from the bed and ran towards the sitting room to find out what was going on, on our way we bumped into my son here who could say nothing but 'armed robbers'. Due to his unclear statement we decided to move into the sitting room to verify for ourselves and that was when they held us at gun point. We were asked to lie down and remain calm. They searched the whole house but couldn't find anything. I held my children tight to myself to protect them only to turn to my husband and saw him engrossed in his mobile phone. I tried to find out what he was doing to avoid trouble with these people but he paid me a deaf ear, at the speed he pressed the phone I could figure he was trying to send a message. Suddenly a particular one that had a stubborn look pointed a gun at him and softly inquired what he was up to.

TO BE CONTINUED.....
Re: Diary Of David by emarkson(m): 10:26pm On Feb 15, 2015
when are you going 2 update bros?
Re: Diary Of David by DUOz(m): 11:29pm On Feb 15, 2015
Soon
Re: Diary Of David by DUOz(m): 11:45am On Nov 04, 2015
EPISODE NINE CONTINUATION

My husband was visibly in shock and couldn't utter a word. The robber snatched the phone and stared at the screen for a while he scoffed softly and put two bullets through his chest. He killed my husband oohhh!!!".

My mom burst into another round of tears and the little seat couldn't curtail her anymore. she fell to the floor and rolled from side to side not minding if she wore her expensive buba and wrapper. Adaobi and gozie tried to calm her down but their effort was to no avail, soon enough I joined them and got her back on her feet. I tapped her by the shoulder and repeatedly said "mama its okay" until her heart rate was back to normal.

We now sat calmly waiting for the D.P.O to round off "I'm very very sorry for your loss, please accept my condolences I know what its like to loose the head of the family" the D.P.O said. "But before I let you guys go. I want you to list all the missing items stolen from your house" the D.P.O added. "Sir nothing was stolen" adaobi said "what? Nothing?" The D.P.O yelled with a surprised look "yes sir nothing" she confirmed. "Okay thank you for your time. If we get any lead on them we will notify you" D.P.O dismissed us. We all stood up and helped my mother to her feet as we headed back home. Adaobi was right, nothing was stolen from us but what they took was worse than anything they could ever steal from us 'my father'. He was my mentor,my hope,my joy,my role model, he was the only one I looked up to, the only one I wanted to be like when I grow up and all of a sudden a stranger comes into my home and takes him from me. I knew in my heart I was going to avenge his death, I didn't know how or when but I knew one day the time would come.

We got home and I headed straight for my room the first thing my eyes met was my phone lying on the floor suddenly my eyes began to water as memories of my dad found its way back to my head, I couldn't fight the hurt that I had to give in to the pain. With so much fierce I picked up the phone and slammed it on the wall, almost immediately someone knocked my door "who is that?" I yelled. Adaobi could feel the wrath in my voice "brother D its richard your friend, he's here to see you" she said in a shaky voice. Should I let him in?" "No please eat him" I replied sarcastically. Adaobi knew what I meant and seconds later richard came into the room and sat beside me "bro I really don't know what to say but am really sorry for your loss" I didn't even look at richard I just maintained my tear filled eyes on the floor "he was my dad, now he's no more." I said as I stood up to have a clearer view on richard "what did we do to deserve this what did he do to deserve this. He didn't deserve to die" at that point the anger in me couldn't be contained anymore I felt like exploding "relax bro its ok. Only God can give and take and now he has taken we just have to trust in him ok?" Richards words of comfort didn't do much comforting but it was better than nothing "thank you my friend" I said in a rather timid pitch. He gave me a comforting tap on the shoulder "its well my friend" he said as he dashed out of the room.

Soon after richard left I felt someone grab me tightly and hugged me. I was surprised it felt feminine, couldn't remember informing any female about the recent development. She released me and I realized it was jane "oh david dear am so sorry, I came as soon as I heard" jane said with a sad face. "Jane how did you know, I don't remember telling you". I asked. "It was richard that told me. Oh my God am so sorry" she said and hugged me again. It surprised me how people are quick to react to tragedy, I held her to my self and wished she would never go........

STAY TUNED FOR 10 (don't forget to click 'follow')
Re: Diary Of David by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2015
You are doing a very good job, man. The death is quite a tragedy; I wish David is having a dream.
Come continue.
Re: Diary Of David by DUOz(m): 5:31pm On Nov 05, 2015
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
You are doing a very good job, man. The death is quite a tragedy; I wish David was is having a dream.
Come continue.

Thank u so much man.
Re: Diary Of David by DUOz(m): 7:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
EPISODE 10

I slowly released her from my grip and we stared into each others eyes our faces were not more than two inches away and the temptation to kiss her grew stronger by the second we leaned towards each other and gave in to the temptation. She was obviously more experienced than I was as she was so confident in what she did, I forcefully withdrew and sighed scornfully "we shouldn't be doing this my father just died and the next thing I do is flirt with you? No it doesn't just seem right" I said and avoided looking her in the face. "David, I love you" jane whispered in her really sweet voice. "WHAT?" I yelled. I pushed her away and sprang to my feet "you can't be serious" I took a moment to calm down and continued "No jane you can't be serious, all this is just a fallacy, my life is a fairy tale" I said in an unusual tone.

"What do you mean I can't be serious, do you think am lying to you?" Jane said still lying on the bed. "Yes I think you're lying to me and not only me you're also lying to yourself. The thing is girls like you don't happen to guys like me, have you ever heard of too good to be true? Well this is what it is, that is what you are, you are too good to be true jane" I said while visibly tensed. I paced the room for about ten times and finally sat on the edge of the bed beside jane. I wrapped my head in my hands and shut my eyes really tight. Jane sat there quiet doing absolutely nothing " well david I don't know what else to say to you" jane said softly. I maintained my position and didn't utter a word, after a while she rose to her feet and slowly walked out of the room. She got to the door step and looked back. "Would I see you in school tomorrow" jane asked. I nodded my headed negatively and she disappeared from my range of vision.

Tears slowly trickled down my face and I was unable to hold it back, some drops slided off path and dripped into my mouth it tasted very salty and irritating and I spat it out immediately, loads of catarrh drooled down my nostrils uncontrollably and I used my hands to wipe them off but they seemed rather adamant. I ran to the bathroom and washed my face clean and forcefully stopped crying. As I dashed out of the bathroom I bumped into folake who also had her eyes flooded with tears "oh my dear david I came as soon as I heard" folake said "folake please go home" I forcefully said trying to ignore her "besides we aren't friends right? You are mad at me" I added "no david please don't talk like that, we are friends and will always be, please accept my sympathy" she placed her soft hands on my face and wiped off the tears that were resuming duty with her thumb. I closed my eyes for a minute and took in a deep breath. I opened my eyes and shrugged her off. I arrogantly walked to my room and shut the door behind me attempting to lock it, but before I could quickly turn the keys she forcefully pushed the door and I withdrew. "David what wrong with you?" Folake asked with a deadly frown. "Please I have enough fish to fry and I don't think I have time for one of your friendship talks again, so please just leave and let me be, as you can see I have a father to mourn" I said with an unstable voice. "Fine... Fine I'll let you be but just remember I have always been there for you and I will always be, you are my best friend and I care about you so much" folake lamented and it was obvious in her voice that a serious weeping was imminent. I was getting irritated at her pep talk and sighed scornfully. She turned back and headed for the door, when she got to the door step I called out to her "hey folake" she turned back and tried to avoid staring into my eyes, but I could spot that her eyes were brink red. "Jane is ten times better than you will ever be, I like her very much and we are happy being around each other" I lamented without remorse.

Episode 10 continues
Re: Diary Of David by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:19pm On Nov 05, 2015
Jeez!!! Bro, I have to bow here. You've a way of making readers feel sorry for your characters and minutes later, feel very mad and irritated at them.

Is Duoz David?
Re: Diary Of David by DUOz(m): 9:27pm On Nov 05, 2015
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
Jeez!!! Bro, I have to bow here. You've a way of making readers feel sorry for your characters and minutes later, feel very mad and irritated at them.

Is Duoz David?

Lol its all show. yh david is my name but don't mind me o d story is pure fiction
Re: Diary Of David by emarkson(m): 9:43pm On Nov 05, 2015
welcome back bro
Re: Diary Of David by DUOz(m): 4:43am On Nov 06, 2015
emarkson:
welcome back bro

Thanks bro, I must say it feels good to be back too
Re: Diary Of David by DUOz(m): 10:25am On Nov 06, 2015
EPISODE 10 CONTINUATION

"Oh yes you guys are very happy. That must be why her face was full of smiles when I passed her at the gate" folake said and turned away from me "what?.....smiles?" I recalled that jane left me with over flowing eyes "folake you are a bloody liar" I said with an increasing tone as folake disappeared from my range of vision. I was very angry and furious, I held my head very tight to prevent it from exploding. I sprang up and wrestled with every inanimate object I could reach, tears overflowed incessantly louder than a five year old beaten to death by his grandmother. I destroyed everything breakable, some men rushed into my room to tame me, one particular mr simon a childhood friend of my father was among the men who rushed into the room. He was as big and built as a night club bouncer at the door. He held me very tightly from behind till my legs were off the ground. I struggled with all my available strength to no avail like an unfortunate mouse in the mouth of a rattle snake "calm down...... Calm down boy. Its okay" mr simon whispered in my ears very softly. My restlessness went down a little bit but tears still trickled down. "He was my father" I said with tears obviously interrupting my voice "did he have to die?.... Did he really have to die and leave me alone in this cruel world. He should come and take me along oohh! Papa come and take me with you ooh!!" I cried out as the gravity of tears increased without control.

Mr simon set me loose from his grip and I fell to the ground, I shook furiously like catfish brought out of water, crying and drooling catarrh all over my body. After a while I stood up and forcefully seized weeping for a while i, I drew closer to mr simon and stared him right in his face. I still sniffed in dogged catarrh at intervals but that didn't get in my way. I held his shirt very tightly and stared him in his eyes looking very serious "where do you expect me to go from here...eh? What do you expect me to do with me life now. He bread winner of my family is gone forever. How are we supposed to eat, what about our education who is going to take care of all that? My mom? Of course not. She can't do all those things, its not just possible. And you stand here telling me to calm down" I yelled in a rather disrespectful tone and the tears threatened to begin season 2. He held my face in his hands forcing me to look. At his face. "Hey look at me. Look at me very carefully .I have always been here, me and your father go way back, I was there when your father got married to your mother, I was even there at the hospital the night you were born and am still here now. I will try my possible best to support this family till the day I die financially, emotionally or psychologically in any way I can. I promise you David, you can always lean on me, trust me" he laid my head on his shoulders as I flooded his shirt with tears....

Stay tuned for 11
Re: Diary Of David by DUOz(m): 9:24pm On Nov 06, 2015
EPISODE 11

It was now a little above two weeks since my fathers transition. 'Transition to glory' is the term the media and the church used to refer to my fathers death but I prefer calling it 'the journey of no return'. No matter what anyone called it, it all meant one thing, my father was dead and he'll never come back. They say there is a particular time in every mans life where he has to realize he has become a full grown man and take responsibilities for his family and be independent, although men of 28 years haven't. Reached that stage yet or at least they hoped not to. But my case was different it came to me at the age 15. I was now the 'MAN' of the house.

It was a very sunny thursday morning and I decided to resume school once again, to pick up from where I stopped before the greatest tragedy of my life took place. Every morning after my dad died had been difficult, as soon as I open my eyes I wished that it was all a dream, I wished I could just wake up to the real reality where my dad is not 6 feet with mother earth. Day by day it got harder learning to live without my dad is one condition I never imagined. Its funny how the things we hold closest to our hearts can be taken from us in a second. Well they say to every disappointment there is a blessing, to every misfortune there is fortune, to every evil there is a good side. I just haven't been able to find the bright side to my fathers death. But I was sure I learnt a lesson from this death that something else would have had a tough time teaching me, that life isn't always what you'd think it'll be, turn your head for one second and the table turns. Now I've realized everyone is just a breath away from where he'll spend eternity its just a matter of time. So that day I made a decision. A decision to make every one in my life count and to make good use of every second I have with the people I care about. Its just a lesson I had to learn the hard way and I realized everyone at some point in their life would learn this exact lesson.

I forced myself to conceive that death is from above and that was the opportune time for my dad to leave this sinful world. So there you have it- 'the bright side to the story' it was or so I made myself believe, just to move on. Speaking about moving on. It wasn't an option for me, its something I had to do if not for myself for my mom and my younger siblings. "Loosing a family member is a lot tougher than it seems afterwards and most people don't know this" I said to my self my ever surfing mind blew in the direction of my friends and school. I didn't know how to face the world now. I was confused on how to answer those curious faces, so many rumors would be on the lips of people who knew nothing, what really is the way forward for me now. So many thoughts flew across my mind.

I reached for my mobile phone that I usually kept under my pillow every night, it served as my alarm clock at night but this morning I woke up before the alarm could go off. 'Six missed calls' it read, "ah....ah who is this person that called me six times in the night" I murmured. I checked the call log and found out it was folake, I made a very loud sigh of disgust and flung the phone in anger "I wonder what she wants again" I thought to myself. Even though I and folake weren't experiencing the best time in our friendship in fact I don't think we have ever had such a difficult time as this since the onset of our relationship, part of me still knew that she was a good person on the inside but I was too angry to realize this at this point in time. The grief of my fathers death still dominated parts of my thinking faculty, I was like clark kent affected by the red meteorite, I wasn't just thinking right

Episode 11 continues
Re: Diary Of David by DUOz(m): 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2015
The biggest names on nairaland literature forum please lay your comments on this story

D9ty7
KingzPen
Repogirl
AudreyTimms
Divepen1
Vonn
LarrySun
Emarkson
TiffanyJ
Davidflo
Ishilove
Mattkent
Kayemjay
Safarigirl
Hazardous
Flakkydagirl
Dioxidane
PureIvory
Dyoungstar
Re: Diary Of David by Sweetyie(f): 9:46pm On Nov 07, 2015
DUOz:
The biggest names on nairaland literature forum please lay your comments on this story

D9ty7
KingzPen
Repogirl
AudreyTimms
Divepen1
Vonn
LarrySun
Emarkson
TiffanyJ
Davidflo
Ishilove
Mattkent
Kayemjay
Safarigirl
Hazardous
Flakkydagirl
Dioxidane
PureIvory
Dyoungstar
Continue Na, pls
Re: Diary Of David by DUOz(m): 6:58am On Nov 08, 2015
Sweetyie:

Continue Na, pls

Thanks for your comment dearie. I was beginning to think that this thread was invisible. All those mentions and no single comment
Re: Diary Of David by DUOz(m): 7:04am On Nov 08, 2015
Happy sunday y'all make sure you all go to church and pray for this story to be successful. #winks# will update today
Re: Diary Of David by Sweetyie(f): 7:12am On Nov 08, 2015
DUOz:
Happy sunday y'all make sure you all go to church and pray for this story to be successful. #winks# will update today
Happy Sunday to you too, waiting for the story kiss
Re: Diary Of David by unitysheart(m): 12:19pm On Nov 08, 2015
Welcome back Duoz.
Re: Diary Of David by KingzPen(m): 2:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
Hey Boss... I'm here with you. I must confess your strong imagery is encouraging. keep it up sir!
Re: Diary Of David by DUOz(m): 2:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
unitysheart:
Welcome back Duoz.

Yh boss am glad I can continue this story and I need ur support

1 Like

Re: Diary Of David by DUOz(m): 3:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
KingzPen:
Hey Boss... I'm here with you. I must confess your strong imagery is encouraging. keep it up sir!

Thank you boss. I appreciate
Re: Diary Of David by unitysheart(m): 7:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
DUOz:

Yh boss am glad I can continue this story and I need ur support

You can be sure of my support
Re: Diary Of David by DUOz(m): 8:20am On Nov 09, 2015
Updating........
Re: Diary Of David by DUOz(m): 8:21am On Nov 09, 2015
EPISODE 11 CONTINUATION

I just used the death of my father as an excuse to distant myself from folake. 'TIME TO WAKE UP, THE TIME IS 6:00AM' my ram shackled nokia C1 alarm went off and rejuggled my far gone memory back to reality. I hit the off button and tried to roll off my bed, but I was too weak, it was weird me trying to get off the bed that has held me captive for two weeks now since my fathers death. I had spent 85 percent of my time on my bed thinking, crying, praying and wishing a miracle would happen and my dad would come back to life or better still I'll wake up, from this nightmare I barely ate anything and even when I did eat it was all on the same bed.

Finally I summoned courage and strength and got off the bed. As I stood up from the old creaky thing it let out a very loud sigh of relief as I relieved the old cargo of its duty. I took a moment to pay respect to my loyal host all these while, the bed spread was turning brown, the pillow was stained so badly owing to incessant weeping that characterized most of my nights. "Finally outta that bed, thank you lord" I muttered to myself, I forged ahead to the bathroom to get ready for my big day ahead. Getting dressed for school that day seemed off rail as I battled with that stern part of me that hungered to jump back into that bed. I shrugged off the thought and focused on getting my sorry ass to school . That morning I didn't rush anything, I broke the status quo, things had changed I was now a new person. Everything that the old me did when things were still normal had to stop, as a typical nigerian man would say 'LIFE NA JEJE' yes, my life was about to board that train with 'JEJE' boldly inscribed at the front. I took my time in arranging my bag ensuring no stone was left unturned to avoid imminent embarrassment from the likes of mr Nnamdi or any teacher that went down his lane. Surely I was going to have breakfast this morning, the inviting aroma of my mom's omelet was breathtaking, Mrs Akindele's might have been a good cook but this was perfect. I sat on the dining with my younger ones and as I stared at them I couldn't help but wonder how these kids so small could handle the death of their father with so much dexterity and alacrity. If my dad had died when I was their age am pretty sure I wouldn't be able to contain the pain talkless him being murdered in my very eyes.

Shortly my mom arrived at the dining with the mouth watering dish, we all got eating and as we ate, adaobi started with one of those her fallacy talks about being a princess and being saved by her prince charming at intervals Gozie would interrupt her and tease her a little. My mom couldn't hold back her laughter in response to the level of humor these little individuals possessed , I just sat there and watched. I then realized that my mom wasn't so old afterall, she was just in her late 30's, it wouldn't be a bad idea if she still got married, I couldn't help but smile out of joy in seeing smiles on the faces of my family once again.

After a while she noticed my line of vision was locked on her and decided to interrupt. "David what is it" she asked "no.....nothing mom, everything is fine" I stammered . "Are you done with your food?" "Yes, thank you ma" I stood up from the dining and adjusted my tie and picked up my bag. "Bye bye o!" I bidded them.

"Hell of a school here I come" I murmured to myself as I dashed out of the house.

Stay tuned for 12
Re: Diary Of David by Dioxidane: 10:28am On Nov 09, 2015
smiley Thumbs up bro... #Following
Re: Diary Of David by Sweetyie(f): 6:04am On Nov 10, 2015
DUOz:
EPISODE 11 CONTINUATION

I just used the death of my father as an excuse to distant myself from folake. 'TIME TO WAKE UP, THE TIME IS 6:00AM' my ram shackled nokia C1 alarm went off and rejuggled my far gone memory back to reality. I hit the off button and tried to roll off my bed, but I was too weak, it was weird me trying to get off the bed that has held me captive for two weeks now since my fathers death. I had spent 85 percent of my time on my bed thinking, crying, praying and wishing a miracle would happen and my dad would come back to life or better still I'll wake up, from this nightmare I barely ate anything and even when I did eat it was all on the same bed.

Finally I summoned courage and strength and got off the bed. As I stood up from the old creaky thing it let out a very loud sigh of relief as I relieved the old cargo of its duty. I took a moment to pay respect to my loyal host all these while, the bed spread was turning brown, the pillow was stained so badly owing to incessant weeping that characterized most of my nights. "Finally outta that bed, thank you lord" I muttered to myself, I forged ahead to the bathroom to get ready for my big day ahead. Getting dressed for school that day seemed off rail as I battled with that stern part of me that hungered to jump back into that bed. I shrugged off the thought and focused on getting my sorry ass to school . That morning I didn't rush anything, I broke the status quo, things had changed I was now a new person. Everything that the old me did when things were still normal had to stop, as a typical nigerian man would say 'LIFE NA JEJE' yes, my life was about to board that train with 'JEJE' boldly inscribed at the front. I took my time in arranging my bag ensuring no stone was left unturned to avoid imminent embarrassment from the likes of mr Nnamdi or any teacher that went down his lane. Surely I was going to have breakfast this morning, the inviting aroma of my mom's omelet was breathtaking, Mrs Akindele's might have been a good cook but this was perfect. I sat on the dining with my younger ones and as I stared at them I couldn't help but wonder how these kids so small could handle the death of their father with so much dexterity and alacrity. If my dad had died when I was their age am pretty sure I wouldn't be able to contain the pain talkless him being murdered in my very eyes.

Shortly my mom arrived at the dining with the mouth watering dish, we all got eating and as we ate, adaobi started with one of those her fallacy talks about being a princess and being saved by her prince charming at intervals Gozie would interrupt her and tease her a little. My mom couldn't hold back her laughter in response to the level of humor these little individuals possessed , I just sat there and watched. I then realized that my mom wasn't so old afterall, she was just in her late 30's, it wouldn't be a bad idea if she still got married, I couldn't help but smile out of joy in seeing smiles on the faces of my family once again.

After a while she noticed my line of vision was locked on her and decided to interrupt. "David what is it" she asked "no.....nothing mom, everything is fine" I stammered . "Are you done with your food?" "Yes, thank you ma" I stood up from the dining and adjusted my tie and picked up my bag. "Bye bye o!" I bidded them.

"Hell of a school here I come" I murmured to myself as I dashed out of the house.

Stay tuned for 12
I have something to say, u didn't tell us what Folake did to make David resent her
Re: Diary Of David by DUOz(m): 8:17am On Nov 10, 2015
Sweetyie:

I have something to say, u didn't tell us what Folake did to make David resent her

David tried to talk to her after jane picked david before her. So folake shunned him and that is why david angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! / High School Love: A Story / I Did Not Rape Christiana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.