Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Who Can Explain This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Can Explain This? (1855 Views)

Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag / Who Can Explain This Verse - Proverbs 17:8 ? / Jesus Wept - John 11: 35. Who Can Explain Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Explain This? by alentyno: 6:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
The bible is fake; God is just an imaginary being propagated by blind christians; the bible is a book of fables
We've heard this phrases a million times

Now I have a question: why on earth did the people who formed the bible (according to atheists) allow mistakes and contradictions to be in it since their main aim was to use the bible as a tool to control people

Why didn't they modify it?

Why didn't they blot out the contradictions

Why?

I need honest answers please.

Tags: dapo777 plaetton musKeeto peterken05 et all

Guys be bold enough to answer. Don't overlook this question like cowards would. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Who Can Explain This? by ramdris(m): 6:25pm On Nov 06, 2014
Question for the gods. tongue
Re: Who Can Explain This? by 9jaforlife: 6:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
If you ask me; na who I go ask
Re: Who Can Explain This? by Hawlahscho(m): 6:27pm On Nov 06, 2014
See another one here asking question for the gods, ppl that'll reply you are coming anyway. Let me just buy land

waiting for the person that'll trespass.
Re: Who Can Explain This? by alentyno: 6:29pm On Nov 06, 2014
SonOfLucifer you've been sighted don't just view and disappear like a coward
Re: Who Can Explain This? by plaetton: 6:56pm On Nov 06, 2014
This is very funny.

When you are failing exam questions, are you usually aware that you are failing, or do you realize it much later when those who are more informed than you mark your papers and give you your much deserved F ?
grin

8 Likes

Re: Who Can Explain This? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 06, 2014
Hawlahscho:
See another one here asking question for the gods, ppl that'll reply you are coming anyway. Let me just buy land

waiting for the person that'll trespass.

This land belongs to me .
Re: Who Can Explain This? by franklyn009(m): 6:58pm On Nov 06, 2014
The bible wasn't form or written by anyone(author). The bible is breathed upon and inspired by God. It is a collection of events recorded by individuals over a period of time. Just like every historical book passed down through time, there are bound to be some gaps and contradiction since it wasn't written by one person(everyone have different point of view and writing/ expression style) and those ancient languages in which these books were written, were not 100% and perfectly translated to English.
The bible is perfect still cos everything one needs to know about living a godly life us readily available there.
The bible contains the very words of God and its power and life.........
Re: Who Can Explain This? by plaetton: 7:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
^^^

The people who wrote the bible wrote for their era. They could not have written above the mental, intellectual and scientific level of their era.
They could not have possibly guessed correctly in which direction human civilization was heading.
They could not have imagined the concept of universal education.
They could not have imagined that the age of enlightenment would pry open every myth, every superstition, every secret of nature.

They wrote for their local audience.

Also, don't forget that the different ecclesiastic, economic and political elite have , at one time or another, been custodians of these so-called scriptures, and have amended, added, redacted and edited the scriptures to suite their immediate needs or whims, without, again, considering the future possibility of academic or historical scrutiny.

In other words, every empire thinks itself indestructable, and therefore blind to the possibilities of the future.

4 Likes

Re: Who Can Explain This? by Hawlahscho(m): 7:08pm On Nov 06, 2014
brito:

This land belongs to me .

Lols.... the land I bought with my own money from real owner. Let's meet in court.
Re: Who Can Explain This? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 06, 2014
alentyno:
The bible is fake; God is just an imaginary being propagated by blind christians; the bible is a book of fables

Now I have a question: why on earth did the people who formed the bible (according to atheists) allow mistakes and contradictions to be in it since their main aim was to use the bible as a tool to control people

Why?

Guys be bold enough to answer. Don't overlook this question like cowards would. Thanks

bible was not written by one author, it was written by different authors from different centuries.

I think they fail to see it.

I think thats where logic and reason sets in. Illogical people dont reason logically. Our reason brought our those contradictions.

Advancement of science and secular knowledge has changed so many things, people now ask questions these days not like before in those superstitious days where people look at everything from the supernatural angle, you're not qualify to question anything.

They cant blot out the contradictions because it was too late for them

They didnt modify it because of you fanatics, if the pope makes an announcement today like he did in december 31 saying he wants to change the content of the bible. The 1st thing you'll hear from nigerian christians is 'end time things'. 'illuminati' and the rubbish

1 Like

Re: Who Can Explain This? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
franklyn009:
The bible wasn't form or written by anyone(author). The bible is breathed upon and inspired by God. It is a collection of events recorded by individuals over a period of time. Just like every historical book passed down through time, there are bound to be some gaps and contradiction since it wasn't written by one person(everyone have different point of view and writing/ expression style) and those ancient languages in which these books were written, were not 100% and perfectly translated to English.
The bible is perfect still cos everything one needs to know about living a godly life us readily available there.
The bible contains the very words of God and its power and life.........

say this to a jew
Re: Who Can Explain This? by beejaay: 8:30pm On Nov 06, 2014
plaetton:
This is very funny.

When you are failing exam questions, are you usually aware that you are failing, or do you realize it much later when those who are more informed than you mark your papers and give you your much deserved F ?
grin
interesting reply from u my friend. Its sad how people cant see how evolution of mind and consiousness have been shaping our histories,it will be cool if people can fanthom what it will be like a thousand year from now,maybe they will begin to ponder what it was like 2000yrs ago, and just maybe histories will be seen from the right perceptives

4 Likes

Re: Who Can Explain This? by honourhim: 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2014
alentyno:

Why?

I wonder how people in such dark age were able to "fabricate"(according to atheists) all the miracles and mysterious events, words of wisdom and prophecies (that came to pass) in the bible. And with all the centuries that have passed with its mighty men of wisdom, the bible remains valid and widely accepted by billions of people. Even in our generation, does it take long to expose false information? yet the bible remains a valid book that continues to receive unlimited acceptance till tomorrow.

And men who had such a great wisdom to "fabricate" the bible could not see the contradictions that atheists are pointing out now? Nonsense

Dont mind the foolish phrase of the unbelievers. They are just trying hard to destroy the truth of the bible that is kicking at their conscience everyday. This they cannot do, by the grace of God.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Explain This? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 06, 2014
tongue tongue
tongue cheesy
Am having erection
Re: Who Can Explain This? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 06, 2014
alentyno:

Why?

Who knows?

They probably wrote stuffs that supports a wide varieties of beliefs hence producing the contradictions,people of those days don't care about contradictions, they just want to believe something, It's human nature to want to believe something.

Shey you understand now? They just wrote a book that supported a lot of beliefs So that many people would believe the book and So they could control as many people as possible, in doing So they create endless contradictions, But who cared about contradictions then,their main aim was to control the mass Which they succeeded in doing and Which is still working till now. You are under its control,and That's What I want you to realise.
Re: Who Can Explain This? by honourhim: 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2014
Dapo777:

Who knows?

They probably wrote stuffs that supports a wide varieties of beliefs hence producing the contradictions,people of those days don't care about contradictions, they just want to believe something, It's human nature to want to believe something.

You are not sure of what you are saying. You just dey talk dey go. Empty talk.
Re: Who Can Explain This? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
honourhim:

I wonder how people in such dark age were able to "fabricate"(according to atheists) all the miracles and mysterious events, words of wisdom and prophecies (that came to pass) in the bible. And with all the centuries that have passed with its mighty men of wisdom, the bible remains valid and widely accepted by billions of people. Even in our generation, does it take long to expose false information? yet the bible remains a valid book that continues to receive unlimited acceptance till tomorrow.

And men who had such a great wisdom to "fabricate" the bible could not see the contradictions that atheists are pointing out now? Nonsense

Dont mind the foolish phrase of the unbelievers. They are just trying hard to destroy the truth of the bible that is kicking at their conscience everyday. This they cannot do, by the grace of God.

so your god talks to people before? Cure diseases? Did a lot of big miracles then but today he only shows himself on toast, fishes, skies and trees.

Last bullet

'in the entire 1st christian century, jesus is not mentioned by a single greek or roman historian, religion scholar, politician, philosopher or even poet. His name never occurs in a single inscription and it is never found in a single piece of private correspondedce. Zero! Zip references!'

Dr. Bart Erhman
Professor of Religious Studies at the North Carolina Chapel Hill
Re: Who Can Explain This? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
honourhim:

You are not sure of what you are saying. You just dey talk dey go. Empty talk.

cool
Re: Who Can Explain This? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2014
Peterken05:

so your god talks to people before? Cure diseases? Did a lot of big miracles then but today he only shows himself on toast, fishes, skies and trees.

Last bullet

'in the entire 1st christian century, jesus is not mentioned by a single greek or roman historian, religion scholar, politician, philosopher or even poet. His name never occurs in a single inscription and it is never found in a single piece of private correspondedce. Zero! Zip references!'

Dr. Bart Erhman

Please say that louder ohhhhh. We are the foolish ones right? Already those are words of a professor of religious studies who is honest enough to admit the unreliability of the Bible.
Re: Who Can Explain This? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 06, 2014
Dapo777:

Please say that louder ohhhhh. We are the foolish ones right? Already those are words of a professor of religious studies who is honest enough to admit the unreliability of the Bible.

yh. His book 'misquoting jesus: the story behind who changed the bible and why' is so educating, facts revealing and interesting.

He went to theology school in order to become a pastor but the opposite happend tho still a religious scholar. The rest as they say is history.
Re: Who Can Explain This? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 06, 2014
Peterken05:

yh. His book 'misquoting jesus: the story behind who changed the bible and why' is so educating, facts revealing and interesting.

He went to theology school in order to become a pastor but the opposite happend tho still a religious scholar. The rest as they say is history.

Thanks I will download the book now and read it.
Re: Who Can Explain This? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
Peterken05:

And also his book "Jesus,interrupted: the hidden contradictions of the Bible and why we don't know about them" I just downloaded the two books. I will start reading because I would love to hear the truth from a religion professor.
Re: Who Can Explain This? by honourhim: 11:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
Peterken05:

Last bullet

Dr. Bart Erhman

This does not answer the questions op asked and it does not answer mine. If you dont have answers to give you can keep mute.
Re: Who Can Explain This? by Nobody: 12:33am On Nov 07, 2014
honourhim:

This does not answer the questions op asked and it does not answer mine. If you dont have answers to give you can keep mute.

Read the books he recommended. The answers are there.
Re: Who Can Explain This? by Nobody: 1:24am On Nov 07, 2014
honourhim:

i answered him and i answered you too. You just dont see it.
Re: Who Can Explain This? by Antivist(m): 7:56am On Nov 07, 2014
honourhim:

Oh, my. You've really missed the entirety of a basic Atheistic viewpoint, haven't you? We're not saying that these events were visual illusions or clever trickery. We're saying that none of it ever happened. The reason you've probably heard us talk about "fabricating" magic tricks is because we see your book of lies as, simply, that; a book of lies. When we hear that you think some guy built a gigantic boat, and put two of every "kind" on it (7 of every "clean" "kind"wink, we tend to think (try it some time. Thinking is fun.) "That sounds like enough bull**** to feed bulls their own **** for centuries!" It is then your job to provide us with evidence that what you're claiming is true. I'm seriously asking here. Please. Please provide me with your best evidence that the bible is true and that Jesus is the son of god. I legitimately want to see good, solid evidence.

Thanks.

-Antivist
Re: Who Can Explain This? by honourhim: 10:43am On Nov 07, 2014
Antivist:

Oh, my. You've really missed the entirety of a basic Atheistic viewpoint, haven't you? We're not saying that these events were visual illusions or clever trickery. We're saying that none of it ever happened. The reason you've probably heard us talk about "fabricating" magic tricks is because we see your book of lies as, simply, that; a book of lies. When we hear that you think some guy built a gigantic boat, and put two of every "kind" on it (7 of every "clean" "kind"wink, we tend to think (try it some time. Thinking is fun.) "That sounds like enough bull**** to feed bulls their own **** for centuries!" It is then your job to provide us with evidence that what you're claiming is true. I'm seriously asking here. Please. Please provide me with your best evidence that the bible is true and that Jesus is the son of god. I legitimately want to see good, solid evidence.

Thanks.

-Antivist

You are still saying the same thing. It is your so called lies that my submission addressed. People who were so intelligent to fabricate your so called lies in such a dark age could not identify the contradictions? Even with all their intelligences?
Re: Who Can Explain This? by edogho(m): 11:28am On Nov 07, 2014
OP, raised valid point sha. i sometimes wonder too with great wonderment at some things i see in d bible. like calling d earth a circle even when tradition claims its flat, saying that d earth hangs on nothing when tradition forbade such talk. Also like prophecies of Daniel made Alexander D Great look on isreal with favour even knowing that isreal had ties with medes&persia. e many sef. pleatton and others, i think that's what d op wants u to speak on. how can such brilliance come from people of that time and age? i'll also enjoy a one on one meet up with an atheist, especially dis plaetton and rationalboy, even shivaclub and billyonaire already have traditionalist, agnostic and mystic friends. AS FOR ME, I BELIEVE IN A SUPERIOR BEING. DON'T CALL ME THEIST OR DEIST, I'M NOT COMFORTABLE WITH TAGS

one love

1 Like

Re: Who Can Explain This? by alentyno: 6:05am On Nov 28, 2014
OMG embarassed can't believe i haven't been on NL for almost a month! embarassed

back to topic plaetton dapo777 peterken05 antivist i've seen your lame answers and seriously you guys can do better. Lemme rephrase the question

how on earth did people with such outstanding intelligence (to the extent that they were able to fabricate a book which has survived thousands of years) ended up not spotting simple contradictions how?!

this is a book that have influenced and guided many professors, ph.D holders(davidylan for example), brilliant scientists(Dr Ben Carson) and many learned men accross the ages, who droped their pride and openned up their heart

seriously anyone who is intelligent enough to fabricate such must be an out of this world hybrid dummy not to spot such simple contradictions

thanks honourhim and edogho for your replies
Re: Who Can Explain This? by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 28, 2014
alentyno:
OMG embarassed can't believe i haven't been on NL for almost a month! embarassed

back to topic plaetton dapo777 peterken05 antivist i've seen your lame answers and seriously you guys can do better. Lemme rephrase the question

how on earth did people with such outstanding intelligence (to the extent that they were able to fabricate a book which has survived thousands of years) ended up not spotting simple contradictions how?!

this is a book that have influenced and guided many professors, ph.D holders(davidylan for example), brilliant scientists(Dr Ben Carson) and many learned men accross the ages, who droped their pride and openned up their heart

seriously anyone who is intelligent enough to fabricate such must be an out of this world hybrid dummy not to spot such simple contradictions

thanks honourhim and edogho for your replies

Do you really want to know why "intelligent" people didn't know about the contradictions?

Download this book and read,it has all the answers to you question,it's among the book I started reading recently. It's mind blowing.

http://dl.bookzz.org/genesis/583000/052827b89e4e8f98ecab6d093d7e5afa/_as/[Richard_Dawkins]_The_God_Delusion(BookZZ.org).pdf

Rename the book to .pdf(if you click the link directly) or copy and paste everything in the link to your browser to download

(1) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo's Powerful Preaching (2000-2004) / Proof From The Bible To Show That Jesus Christ Is A Myth / Jesus Christ Is A Mosquito, That Is If He Existed Facebook User Slams Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.