Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,808 members, 7,866,133 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:09 PM

Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? (2770 Views)

Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. / Student Reprimanded For Saying “God Bless America” / Did God Forsake Black People??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by Abdulsalam20(m): 9:48pm On Nov 07, 2014
yazach:
The Bible says

“For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. They will be protected forever, but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off;” (Psalms 37:28)

But yet when Jesus Christ (pbuh) was put on the cross according to the Bible. He cried out:
“About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi lama sabachthani?"— which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Mathew 27:46)
“And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"— which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Mark 15:34)

the questions are:

Did you(christians) think God forsaken Jesus?

Did you(christians) think God did not answer whom you claimed to be his Son if that is justifiable?

Don't tell us he was willing to die because you will contradict the bible. A person willing to die why would he beg for help?

Now the Christians have four options to choose from.

1. The person put on the cross was not really Jesus.

2. Jesus (pbuh) was not faithful to God.

3. Jesus (pbuh) is a lied that God forsook him.

4. Bible is lying when it says that God does not forsake his beloved ones.

You have four options to choose from.
Now with whatever gymnastics you try. You cannot add a fifth option here. So decide for yourself.

courtesy: Abdusalam20

All you need is to answer the questions, don't abuse anybody, don't derail the topic, don't perambulate at all undecided undecided

grin grin LOLZ FOLLOWING IN 3G HD
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by malvisguy212: 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2014
If you strongly believe that Muhammad can guide you to gain eternal
salvation, please consider the following confessions of Muhammad in
the Qur’an:
Surah 46:9: “Say: I am not the first of the apostles, and I do not know
what will be done with me or with you: I do not follow anything but
that which is revealed to me, and I am nothing but a plain warner.” (Shakir)
Surah 7:188: Say: “I have no power over any good or harm to myself
except as Allah wills. If I had knowledge of the unseen, I should have
multiplied all good, and no evil could have touched me: I am only a
Warner, and a bringer of glad tidings to those who have Faith (in
Allah).” (S. V. Ahamed) Surah 72:21: Say, “I possess no power to harm you, nor to guide
you.” (Khalifa)
“It is not in my power to cause you harm, or to bring you to the Right
Path.” (Hilali-Khan)
Do you really understand the gravity of Muhammad’s statement when
he said, “I possess no power to guide you” or “to bring you to the Right Path”? Is it not a prophet’s duty to guide the congregation of God
to the “Right Path”? Can you now depend on this man to guide you to
salvation? Would it be wise for you to do so?
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 12:57pm On Nov 08, 2014
malvisguy212:
the Qur’an:
Allah).” (S. V. Ahamed) Surah 72:21: Say, “I possess no power to harm you, nor to guide
you.” (Khalifa)
Path.” (Hilali-Khan)
he said, “I possess no power to guide you” or “to bring you to the Right Path”? Is it not a prophet’s duty to guide the congregation of God

Was Jesus able to guide the Jews to the right path undecided
You dont understand simple english, do you?
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by malvisguy212: 1:55pm On Nov 08, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Was Jesus able to guide the Jews to the right path undecided
You dont understand simple english, do you?
when you say the word of assurence to your follower,it is because you had a personal encounter with God,you here from Him,the verse i quote show that muhammad did not here from allah.jesus gives us the assurence of obeying his word,it is now left for you to believe,

Surah 72:21: Say, “I possess no power to harm you, nor to guide you.” (Khalifa) “It is not in my power to cause you harm, or to bring you to the Right Path.” (Hilali-Khan),
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF GOD CALLING A PROPHET? Is it not to guid them to the right path?

Now consider the assurance that Jesus gave his disciples:

John 5:24: Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears my word and believes in Him who sent me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

John 14:6: Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25: Jesus said to her: “I am the resurrection and the life. He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life.

John 6:40: For this is the will of my Father, that everyone that beholds the Son and exercises faith in him should have everlasting
life, and I will resurrect him at the last day.”

Matthew 11:28: Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you.

And the Qur’an records with certainty the outcome of Muhammad and
those who follow him: Surah 39:30: “You Muhammad are destined to die and so are they.” (Al-Muntakhab)

Now consider the assurance that Jesus Christ gave his true followers in
the Bible:

John 14:19: “Because I live, you will live also.”
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 2:27pm On Nov 08, 2014
malvisguy212:
when you say the word of assurence to your follower, it is because you had a personal encounter with God,you here from Him,
Jesus assured you that if you have faith you will do miracles that are more astounding than all he did, can you do any?

Can you walk on water? Jesus assured his followers, is'nt it undecided

the verse i quote show that muhammad did not here from allah.jesus gives us the assurence of obeying his word,it is now left for you to believe,

Ptffft.... undecided

Surah 72:21: Say, “I possess no power to harm you, nor to guide you.” (Khalifa) “It is not in my power to cause you harm, or to bring you to the Right Path.” (Hilali-Khan),
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF GOD CALLING A PROPHET? Is it not to guid them to the right path?
Only God can guide to the right path, that was why i asked was jesus able to guide the jews to the right path? atleast he was sent to the jews. undecided undecided

Surah Al-Fatiha, Verse 6:
Guide us to the Straight Way

^^this verse is a prayer directed to God not to the prophet, it shows that no one can guide to the straight path except for God.

Surah 14:4
And We never sent a messenger save with the language of hisfolk, that he might make (the message) clear for them. Then Allah sendeth whom He will astray, and guideth whom He will. He is the Mighty, the Wise.

I have a lot tp say here, but will wait for your reply to this^^

Now consider the assurance that Jesus gave his disciples: John 5:24: Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears my word and believes in Him who sent me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
John 14:6: Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 11:25: Jesus said to her: “I am the resurrection and the life. He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life.
John 6:40: For this is the will of my Father, that everyone that beholds the Son and exercises faith in him should have everlasting
life, and I will resurrect him at the last day.”
Matthew 11:28: Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you.
And the Qur’an records with certainty the outcome of Muhammad andthose who follow him: Surah 39:30: “You Muhammad are destined to die and so are they.” (Al-Muntakhab) Now consider the assurance that Jesus Christ gave his true followers in the Bible John 14:19: “Because I live, you will live also.”

Jesus said he can oof himself do nothing is'nt it?

If he can guide people tto the straight part why didnt he guide tHe JEWS undecided
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by malvisguy212: 2:48pm On Nov 08, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Jesus assured you that if you have faith you will do miracles that are more astounding than all he did, can you do any?

Can you walk on water? Jesus assured his followers, is'nt it undecided

Ptffft.... undecided

Only God can guide to the right path, that was why i asked was jesus able to guide the jews to the right path? atleast he was sent to the jews. undecided undecided

Surah Al-Fatiha, Verse 6:
Guide us to the Straight Way

^^this verse is a prayer directed to God not to the prophet, it shows that no one can guide to the straight path except for God.

Surah 14:4
And We never sent a messenger save with the language of hisfolk, that he might make (the message) clear for them. Then Allah sendeth whom He will astray, and guideth whom He will. He is the Mighty, the Wise.

I have a lot tp say here, but will wait for your reply to this^^

Jesus said he can oof himself do nothing is'nt it?

If he can guide people tto the straight part why didnt he guide tHe JEWS undecided
john 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him,
the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

In this verse,jesus ask them to abide in Him,it a choice, you accept or you passby,it's freewill.
But the verse i quote in the quran show that muhammad HAS NO CLUE OF WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO HIS FOLLOWERS IN THE HEARAFTER,IS IT NOT ALLAH THAT INSTRUCTE HIM TO PREACH TO THE PEOPLE? HE WAS SUPPOSE TO REPRESENT ALLAH THERE,THE MOUTHPICS OF GOD,BUT INSTEAD HE PREACH AS IF IT NOT ALLAH THAT SENT HIM.

Jesus say,"i am the way,the truth and the life,no man comes to the father except through me" he said this word because he know who he was.
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by Rilwayne001: 2:56pm On Nov 08, 2014
malvisguy212:
john 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. In this verse,jesus ask them to abide in Him,it a choice, you accept or you passby,it's freewill. But the verse i quote in the quran show that muhammad HAS NO CLUE OF WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO HIS FOLLOWERS IN THE HEARAFTER,IS IT NOT ALLAH THAT INSTRUCTE HIM TO PREACH TO THE PEOPLE? HE WAS SUPPOSE TO REPRESENT ALLAH THERE,THE MOUTHPICS OF GOD,BUT INSTEAD HE PREACH AS IF IT NOT ALLAH THAT SENT HIM. Jesus say,"i am the way,the truth and the life,no man comes to the father except through me" he said this word because he know who he was.

**sigh***

I don't have your time..
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by Abdulsalam20(m): 7:11am On Nov 09, 2014
malvisguy212:
the Qur’an:
you.” (Khalifa)
Path.” (Hilali-Khan)

did you read your bible at all. advice you to read your complete book cz I will expose us nw

1. In Mark 13:32, Jesus declared that he himself does not
know when the last day will occur, but the Father alone knows that (see
also Matthew 24:36).
. so hhe is not all knowing ;DO

2. By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me john5:30

3.Another example for the limited knowledge of Jesus is the fig tree
episode in the Gospels. Mark tells us as follows

“The next day as they
were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a
fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he
reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the
season for figs.” (Mark 11:12-13).

It is clear from these verses that the knowledge of Jesus was limited
on two counts. First, he did not know that the tree had no fruit until he
came to it. Second, he did not know that it was not the right season to
expect figs on trees.
Can he become God later? No! Because there is only one God, and
He is God from everlasting to everlasting (see Psalms 90:2).

ii still gat many proof here Jesus is a man like us but a propet
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by malvisguy212: 7:29am On Nov 09, 2014
Abdulsalam20:

did you read your bible at all. advice you to read your complete book cz I will expose us nw

1. In Mark 13:32, Jesus declared that he himself does not
know when the last day will occur, but the Father alone knows that (see
also Matthew 24:36).
. so hhe is not all knowing ;DO

2. By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me john5:30

3.Another example for the limited knowledge of Jesus is the fig tree
episode in the Gospels. Mark tells us as follows

“The next day as they
were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a
fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he
reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the
season for figs.” (Mark 11:12-13).

It is clear from these verses that the knowledge of Jesus was limited
on two counts. First, he did not know that the tree had no fruit until he
came to it. Second, he did not know that it was not the right season to
expect figs on trees.
Can he become God later? No! Because there is only one God, and
He is God from everlasting to everlasting (see Psalms 90:2).

ii still gat many proof here Jesus is a man like us but a propet
do you read the quranic verse i quote? The verse in the quran and the one you quote in the bible,are they the same? Jesus was the fullnest of God,read colossians1:15-20.he is the word of God,God is greater than his Word,but they are ONE,moreover the verse you quote has nothing to do with the follower of jesus christ,but the quranic verse i quote teaches that muhammad cannot guide muslims to the right path. Why not adress the verse?
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by yazach: 12:46pm On Nov 10, 2014
Macelliot:
Yazach and Rilwayne001
Can you withstand the agony, the tortue and the suffering?
(Luke 22:42) FATHER, if YOU are willing, take this cup of suffering away from be, but let thy Will be done.......
Jesus Christ took the cup of suffering by taking and unsealing the scroll. He came from heaven to fulfill His Mission.

How did it happen?
The mysteries has been revealed in the Book of Revelation.
The kingdom of Heaven was shown and in the Eternal Living Lord God Almighty was sitted on the magnificient throne, the twenty-four elders surrounding the throne, the four living creatures, the dominions of Heaven, the arc-angels and uncountable angels. On the right hand of the one who sits on the throne was a scroll with 7 seals. The one who sits on the throne(GOD) said, "anyone of you who is Worthy should come out and take this scroll."
No one was able, and the Lamb(Jesus) came out and took the scroll and unseal it, every dominions of heaven, on earth and in the underworld bowed down.
They sang:
To the Almighty living God
and to the Lamb be all
thy Praise, honour and
glory forever.

And again, they bowed down.... (Revelation 5).

He became Anointed(Christ) when He took and unsealed the Scroll.
Shallom!!!
Chai Mr Macelliot(Village warrior) Didn't I said you will come and twist the bible? Ok maybe you did not understand the question here it goes:

Did you(christians) think God did not answer whom you claimed to be his Son if that is justifiable?

Don't tell us he was willing to die because you will contradict the bible. A person willing to die why would he beg for help?
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by Macelliot(m): 2:22pm On Nov 10, 2014
yazach:

Chai Mr Macelliot(Village warrior) Didn't I said you will come and twist the bible? Ok maybe you did not understand the question here it goes:

As a being in human flesh.... The Agony, the Pain, the suffering and the deep wound......
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by yazach: 11:37am On Nov 12, 2014
Macelliot:

As a being in human flesh.... The Agony, the Pain, the suffering and the deep wound......

When are you people going to stop abusing God and Jesus?
So you are saying the person you called God/son of God suffer pain, agony, wound
Re: Oh! Christian, Are You Saying God Forsake Jesus? by MizyB(f): 5:28pm On Apr 04, 2016
Its Long but only for inquiring minds!
"Nashatani" AND NOT "sabachthani", is the
Aramaic word for Hebrew's "azabtani",
which in Psalms
22:1 is the translated English word
"forsaken"
For whose benefit there, did Jesus, in
Aramaic utter those words?
Who were listening, who there could have
understood the language He uttered and
who there was the message in that
utterance for?
Jesus doesnt speak impetuously, like David
did, with "forsaken me" in Psalms 22:1
It just isnt at all part of any of Jesus' m.o
- previous post end -
I asked the above questions, because no
matter how much any dying person has
talked in life, the final words of most dying
persons in life seems to command that little
extra respect, as listeners pay special
attention to the last words of a dying
person,
Most people' last words are very profound,
and Jesus' is no exception to this.
Jesus as a dying man hung on a cross,
uttered the below famous seven dying last
words
1) Luke 23:34 - Father, forgive them, for they
do not know what they do.
2) Luke 23:43 - Truly, I say to you, today you
will be with me in paradise.
3) John 19:26–27 - Woman, behold your
son. Son Behold your mother.
4) Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34 - My God, My
God, (this bit is blanked out, to be revealed
later)
5) John 19:28 - I thirst.
6) John 19:30 - It is finished (or "It is
accomplished'')
7) Luke 23:46 - Father, into your hands I
commit my spirit. After reading
Matthew 27:46 or Matthew 27:50 and then
reading Mark 15:34 or Mark 15:37 would
ask:
"What were those Jesus' last words on the
cross not explicitly mentioned in Matthew
27:50 and Mark 15:37?"
Well of courtesy of John 19:30 and Luke
23:46, we know what the last words, which
were not explicitly mentioned in Matthew
27:50 and Mark 15:37 are
Syncan, if you keep, "Eli, Eli, lama,
Sabachthani", (i.e. Matthew 27:46 and
Matthew 27:50) in the mind,
and also keep "it is finished" or "it is
accomplished" together with "Father, into
your hands I commit my spirit" in mind too
(i.e. Matthew 27:50 or Mark 15:37 with John
19:30 and Luke 23:46)
then there is a good chance of
understanding what Jesus Christ actually
said with "Eli, Eli, lama, Sabachthani"
(i.e. My God, My God, (the continuing bit here
is blanked out, to be revealed later))
and also know what He was saying and was
doing with those last dying words.
As previously hinted above "Sabachthani" is
a homonym
and it apart from meaning "forsaken or
abandoned", it also means "to keep or kept",
"to allow" or "to permit"
The final words of most dying persons are
very important,
and last words of such dying people, are
usually filled with messages for certain
people, last wishes, final requests, final
blessings, special instructions, cryptic
messages (e.g. Jesus switching to Aramaic
with "Eli, Eli, lama, Sabachthani'') etcetera
The dying last four words of Jesus were:
4) Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34 - My God, My
God, (this bit is blanked out, to be revealed
later)
5) John 19:28 - I thirst.
6) John 19:30 - It is finished (or "It is
accomplished'')
7) Luke 23:46 - Father, into your hands I
commit my spirit
The first of the last four words were for the
benefit of the disciples, which is why it was
spoken in Aramaic (e.g. "Eli, Eli, lama,
Sabachthani'')
The last two words are self explanatory and
makes everthing else fall into place once the
proper translation of the "Eli, Eli, lama,
Sabachthani" is done.
"Eli, Eli, lama, Sabachthani" means:
"My God, My God, this is why You kept me"
or "My God, My God, this is My destiny"
or "My God, My God, this is what You
permitted"
or "My God, My God, this is what You
allowed"
So we have "My God, My God, this is why You
kept me"; "It is finished (or "It is
accomplished'')
and then "Father, into your hands I commit
my spirit"
Jesus for the benefit of the disciples uttered
in Aramaic the purpose
(i.e. the reason all those things were
happening, the reason why He was created
or the reason why He came to exist)
He then after declaring that the purpose (i.e.
the process for salvation) is finished or
accomplished
excused Himself with the "Father, into your
hands I commit my spirit" last word
Jesus chose His word very carefully and
didnt speak impetuously when He used "Eli,
Eli, lama, Sabachthani"
He actually was paraphrasing the begining
of Psalm 22 (i.e. Psalm 22:1) just like He
paraphrased the end of Psalm 22 (i.e Psalm
22:31)
There are a bunch of other scriptures and
messianic psalms Jesus paraphrases.
Paul Peter et al also display this behaviour
Jesus deliberating DID NOT quote Psalms
22:1 verbatim or directly
but consciously changed or switched
language and used the Aramaic
"sabachthani"

Original poster - MuttleyLaff

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago? / Doctrine of trinity (one Christian God) revealed / The Non Sequiturs Of Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.