Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,151 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

What Does It Mean If Interviwer Says I Will Call You Back? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Does It Mean If Interviwer Says I Will Call You Back? (2917 Views)

" I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? / If A Prospective Employer Sends This Kind Of Mail, What Does It Mean? / What Does It Mean,when U Get A Mail Stating U Have Been Invited To See The CEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean If Interviwer Says I Will Call You Back? by Facosco(m): 11:03am On Nov 07, 2014
I want to share my experience in one company that I went for an interview, I actually stayed in ib.,but the company is in Lagos, my friend told me about the company and I went there, when I got there, I was given a form to fill no test was required, then I waited for some hours before the interviewer call me in,he asked me a lot of questions of which I am able to give satisfactory answer, he also asked his colleague in the office if he had any question for me but he said no which shows I performed very well, so the interviewer told me WE WILL CALL YOU, in my interpretation I taught he said I should go that they will call me later, so I went to the park and went back to my place, now, I was expecting their call even till that month ends I did not see any call I have to get the phone number of my interviewer to ask him what happened I did not hear from them, and he told me that it was that day they wanted to employ me that what he meant by they will call me was that I should go back to the reception that they will still call me in, that after he had interviwed me he was satisfied so he took it to the white man that will give me employment letter and white man told them to call me inside and they checked everywhere but they can't see me again. So my question is who made a mistake in interpreting that statement? Is it my interviewer or I ?
Re: What Does It Mean If Interviwer Says I Will Call You Back? by demolaprof(m): 11:17am On Nov 07, 2014
Eleyi gidi gan. This is very strong ooo. Honestly OP. If i were in ur shoes, I would av done wot u did. I would assume that they meant I Should go home in d hope that they wil call me bak. NOT UR FAULT, if i must say. Unless they told u to go sit around and u didn't hear them well

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean If Interviwer Says I Will Call You Back? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 07, 2014
Okay as a rule or the way I operate is this:

During any interview, I ask clear cut questions or ask for clarifications.

For example, we will pay you N80, 000. Me: "What other incentives are there and is that basic or gross?".

"We will call you" ... "We will call you back in" ... "We will get in touch with you" all pretty much seem the same but the interviewer if really interested in you and can see that you are fit for the role will say; " Kindly wait at the reception".

So don't beat yourself over it.

They made the mistake for not being clear-cut and you made a mistake of not being confident enough to ask. Or perhaps you didn't believe that you have that job and so you went dashing out.

I have gone for an interview before and they said they will get back to me and I asked what was the delay for for wanting to get back to me. So I was asked to sit and I met with the MD and I resumed same day.

The key is ask short relevant questions and clarify all statements, contract and hidden languages when starting a job or at interviews.
However, the good thing is the world is full of endless possibilities. Hang in there.

I hope I am able to help.

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean If Interviwer Says I Will Call You Back? by Saraha1(f): 4:40pm On Nov 07, 2014
If what you wrote here is nothing but the truth, then I will say that the fault is frm both parties.
However, I will put more blame on the organisation. If they really want to employ you they should hav atleast contact you to make findings of your where about, which very sure if they have done that, you would even mind to forgo the transport fee which you might had pay for.

Above all, God understand better. Forge ahead and forget about the mistake.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean If Interviwer Says I Will Call You Back? by Facosco(m): 6:10pm On Nov 08, 2014
NairaMode:
Okay as a rule or the way I operate is this:

During any interview, I ask clear cut questions or ask for clarifications.

For example, we will pay you 80, 000k. Me: "What other incentives are there and is that basic or gross?".

"We will call you" ... "We will call you back in" ... "We will get in touch with you" all pretty much seem the same but the interviewer if really interested in you and can see that you are fit for the role will say; " Kindly wait at the reception".

So don't beat yourself over it.

They made the mistake for not being clear-cut and you made a mistake of not being confident enough to ask. Or perhaps you didn't believe that you have that job and so you went dashing out.

I have gone for an interview before and they said they will get back to me and I asked what was the delay for for wanting to get back to me. So I was asked to sit and I met with the MD and I resumed same day.

The key is ask short relevant questions and clarify all statements, contract and hidden languages when starting a job or at interviews.
However, the god thing is the world is full of endless possibilities. Hang in there.

I hope I am able to help.
I quite agree with everything you said although the interviewer did not make a clear statement but if I tried to interogate him a little bit I may get him clearly. Thanks bros
Re: What Does It Mean If Interviwer Says I Will Call You Back? by skentelelady(f): 8:37pm On Nov 08, 2014
If your story is true, It might be that the HR guy had a candidate and d interview was just formalty. If not nothing stopped him to call you after he came to reception and didn't see u
He could have even said you should wait at d reception. I guess he did dat on purpose
I have never heard that we will get back to you is d same as wait at d reception

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean If Interviwer Says I Will Call You Back? by tobechi74: 8:59pm On Nov 08, 2014
Pele
Re: What Does It Mean If Interviwer Says I Will Call You Back? by pearls336: 11:16am On Nov 18, 2014
D oly mistake u mde ws dt u shud av askd shud I wait,or leave after he sd we wud get bk 2 u
Re: What Does It Mean If Interviwer Says I Will Call You Back? by pearls336: 11:18am On Nov 18, 2014
Does ani1 have an idea abt right4staff ltd paygrade.
Re: What Does It Mean If Interviwer Says I Will Call You Back? by okooloyun1(m): 8:16am On Aug 03, 2016
pearls336:
Does ani1 have an idea abt right4staff ltd paygrade.
Pls do you know anything about right4staff I have interview with them 2morrow
Re: What Does It Mean If Interviwer Says I Will Call You Back? by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 03, 2016
something similar happens to me of recent in whereby the interviewer said they will call me back some other time. Pls who can tell me what this implies because it is over two weeks now that I don't hear anything from them.

(1) (Reply)

Factory Workers Needed Urgently At Sanden Intercool (Nigeria) Limited / N-power: Fg To Recruit Batch C, Nibss Responsible For The Payment Delay- Hamed Z / These Hot Jobs Are Expiring Today. (26-04-2007) Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.