Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Yomi Peters On Sick Bed Lesson For Nigeria Celebrities - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yomi Peters On Sick Bed Lesson For Nigeria Celebrities (4529 Views)

Actor Olumide Bakare On Sick Bed (Photo) / Manchester United Replies Susan Peters On Twitter / Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yomi Peters On Sick Bed Lesson For Nigeria Celebrities by moscobabs(m): 3:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
Hmmm...when I look at Nigerian celebrities and superstars atimes, I just laugh. I just can't help it. I am reading now of how Ex-Eagles players are trying to support and raise money for former Stationery Stores footballer captain, Yomi Peters who is now lying critically ill with gastric tumour at the General Hospital, Ikeja, Lagos State (see photo). Now aged 74, he played in the 1970s and was later a coach. Right now, he cannot pay his bills and the hospital say they may have to detain him if he fails to pay after the treatment. Some of the players who went to greet and console him blasted the Lagos State Government for not lifting a finger to help him. Good blasting. But e no go solve natin.

For the celebrities of today, from Mr. Oyalimpopo Ogaranya to the KukereMaster and Mr.ChoppingMoney PSquare and all of una, I am not saying you should not even chop your money o, chop am wella, afterall na paper and we know who dey chop paper. Anyway, as I was saying, Nigerian celebrities and all the shining stars now should use their influence for good. They should rally round and pressurize the government at all levels to create a safety net or at least a welfare programme for Nigerians, particularly in the HEALTH SECTOR. All this one that they are doing rankadede for politicians will not favour anybody. That reminds me of the pathetic story of a former Miss Nigeria 1957, Helen Anyamelune, who died in 2012 after crying out to people to help her. Yes, she died in her village in Delta State at the age of 75. She cried and cried for people to help her but the beauty queen saw no helping hands. She was the second Miss Nigeria.

So wetin I dey yan so? Nigerian celebrities. Borrow yourselves brain. Pressurize the government to build world-class hospitals, provide health insurance for people so that everyone including you (you sha see OJB Jezreel and Ngozi Nwosu and Pa Kasumu, if not for the media, but for how long? Ehn? What of the Nigerians that are not celebs and dying everyday?), can benefit at old age. Then, make smart investments now and do not fritter your money. I know it is your money but a fool and his money are soon what? Yes. You gerrit. Because temiyemi o, my own understand me, NIGERIANS NO DEY DONATE TO HELP PEOPLE. Very few Nigerians assist others. If anything happen, they just leave you OYO. So Nigerian celebs, keep up the good work but never lose sight of reality. Selāh.

https://www.facebook.com//photos/a.371316862978903.1073741827.370495769727679/632137403563513/?type=1&permPage=1

3 Likes

Re: Yomi Peters On Sick Bed Lesson For Nigeria Celebrities by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 07, 2014
Celeb
Re: Yomi Peters On Sick Bed Lesson For Nigeria Celebrities by hatux: 6:39pm On Nov 07, 2014
May GOD heal him!

2 Likes

Re: Yomi Peters On Sick Bed Lesson For Nigeria Celebrities by Dollabommie(m): 5:58am On Nov 08, 2014
:
Re: Yomi Peters On Sick Bed Lesson For Nigeria Celebrities by moscobabs(m): 12:10pm On Nov 08, 2014
Dollabommie:
:
I see u
Re: Yomi Peters On Sick Bed Lesson For Nigeria Celebrities by moscobabs(m): 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2014
hatux:
May GOD heal him!
amen oo
Re: Yomi Peters On Sick Bed Lesson For Nigeria Celebrities by mooremedia: 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2014
True talk

(1) (Reply)

Lloyd Banks or Young Buck? / 50 Cent And R-kelly Who Is More Handsome / Sweet Romance Between Timaya And Empress Njamah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.