Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,525 members, 7,812,638 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Registry Marriage License And Church/white Wedding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Registry Marriage License And Church/white Wedding (2574 Views)

White Wedding Photos Of Election Couple / Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife / Traditional And Church Wedding Wchich Is More Legal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Registry Marriage License And Church/white Wedding by Elderss: 5:46pm On Nov 07, 2014
Hello NairaLanders’

I have an important question to ask and I need genuine answers. This may help others from falling into errors.
To those who have done both the Church/White wedding and Registry registration (where you will be given a marriage license to take to the church prior to the church event and which must be returned to the registry after the event for proper filing and documentation), the question goes thus:

1) Can the church wedding be conducted outside the local government of the registry used for filing? (e.g going to Ikoyi registry for documentation and having the church wedding conducted at a church in Agege or Alimosho)
2) If No, why?

The reason for these questions is because a brother of mine was told that the license he was given at an ikoyi registry cannot be collected from him again because the church wedding was done at a church under Agege local govt.

Hoping for your contributions. Thanks
Re: Registry Marriage License And Church/white Wedding by LordReed(m): 11:34am On Nov 08, 2014
Elderss:
Hello NairaLanders’

I have an important question to ask and I need genuine answers. This may help others from falling into errors.
To those who have done both the Church/White wedding and Registry registration (where you will be given a marriage license to take to the church prior to the church event and which must be returned to the registry after the event for proper filing and documentation), the question goes thus:

1) Can the church wedding be conducted outside the local government of the registry used for filing? (e.g going to Ikoyi registry for documentation and having the church wedding conducted at a church in Agege or Alimosho)
2) If No, why?

The reason for these questions is because a brother of mine was told that the license he was given at an ikoyi registry cannot be collected from him again because the church wedding was done at a church under Agege local govt.

Hoping for your contributions. Thanks

I had my Church wedding in Benin and my registry in Abuja, my friend is getting married in Ikeja but the registry is at Ikoyi. Who ever is refusing to collect the licence has his own reason, it is not against any law to do the two in separate places. In fact in my friend's case the church in Ikeja told him specifically to go to Ikoyi registry.

(1) (Reply)

Best Refrigerator Brand / Why Do Men These Days Shy Away From ......... / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.