Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War (4804 Views)

Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" / Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President / Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 07, 2014

APC to Presidency: Chamberlain resigned as British PM during World War II.

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has said the presidency needs a refresher course in history if it is not aware that a leader has had cause to resign in the course of a war being fought by his country in order to change the course of the war.

In a statement issued in Abuja on Friday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party reminded the presidency that Neville Chamberlain resigned as British Prime Minister on May 10th 1940 after Adolf Hitler forced the allies to retreat from Norway.

''According to available information, Chamberlain led Britain through the first eight months of World War II but had to resign after the Allies were forced to retreat from Norway, because of his belief that a government supported by all parties was essential for the unity needed to defeat Adolf Hitler. The resignation paved the way for Winston Churchill who later became the hero of the War,'' it said.

APC therefore said the call by Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu on President Goodluck Jonathan to resign in view of the widespread insecurity in the land and the fact that some parts of Nigeria are now under occupation by terrorists is neither extraordinary nor unprecedented.

''The call by one of our leaders is about taking responsibility. President Jonathan is the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. If under his watch Nigerian territories are being annexed progressively by insurgents, and all that he has demonstrated so far is sheer cluelessness and incompetence, it is time for him to take responsibility and quit in the national interest, to pave the way for a leader who can lead the country to victory,'' the party said.

It said all the blame game and name calling by the presidency, targeted at the opposition, constitute a mere distraction.

''The presidency is right to say that when terrorists attacked the US in September 2001, the leaders of the Democratic Party did not demand a resignation of President George Bush but rather they rose in defence of the American nation to support the various measures taken by the President to defeat the Al-Qaeda terrorists.

''What the presidency forgot to say, however, is that Americans would not have rallied behind then President Bush if he had been photographed snuggling with any sponsor of Al-Qaeda as President Jonathan did with one of the alleged sponsors of Boko Haram in Chad. Americans would not have rallied behind Bush if 9-11 had occurred not just once but twice or thrice, because it would have shown that the President is simply incompetent to lead.

''President Jonathan watched helplessly as Boko Haram moved from Sambisa Forest to take over a large chunk of territory in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states and proclaim a Caliphate. President Jonathan watched helplessly as Boko Haram abducted and took away almost 300 girls, holding most of them for over 200 days....still counting. His Administration is even mocking and harassing those who are campaigning for the release of the girls. No people in the world will give such a leader unconditional support.

''Therefore, even if no leader in history has ever resigned during war (even though we have now proved that is not correct), nothing prevents President Jonathan from becoming the first leader to do so. After all, never in the history of any nation has incompetence and cluelessness been exhibited by any leader, as President Jonathan has done, when the country is at war,'' APC said.

Alhaji Lai Mohammed
National Publicity Secretary
All Progressives Congress (APC)
Abuja, 7 Nov 2014

Culled from NASIR EL-RUFAI'S Facebook page

9 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by tit(f): 6:31pm On Nov 07, 2014
APC is Operation Feeding the Nation with Lies again.
Was Neville Chamberlain a President?
Was he a head-of-state?

You guys are so infantile, it is ridiculous.

12 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by akposking(m): 6:32pm On Nov 07, 2014
Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 07, 2014
tit:
Was he a head-of-state?

If I say you are an President Jonathan now, you will think its an insult.

Sorry I meant..

If I say you are an 0tuoke drunk@rd now, you will think its an insult.

Why does this nairaland site change words like this sef.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by tit(f): 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2014
soe:

If I say you are an President Jonathan now, you will think its an insult.

Sorry I meant..

If I say you are an 0tuoke drunk@rd now, you will think its an insult.

Lie Mohammed, you have your usual foot-in-the-mouth disease.

15 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by tempex88(m): 6:42pm On Nov 07, 2014
This is a mature response. He made his point without disrespecting the office of the presidency. If APC is saying GEJ should resign on insecurity, I agree. Its not like APC takes over after d resignation. It will still be a PDP lead. Govt. Its just going to be like the substitution we have in football. And we. Hope the. Substitute will be a super-sub

17 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by pendy79: 6:44pm On Nov 07, 2014
tit:
Was he a head-of-state?

Madam Haba, even in this modern day of google and CNN, BBC and aljazeera, you don't know that the british system of government is parliamentary and not presidential .

That in Britain the leader is called a Prime Minister. Where are we going in this country? PDP God punish you for bamboozling and panelbeating our educational system since 1999.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by ayukdaboss(m): 6:53pm On Nov 07, 2014
tit:
[s] Was Neville Chamberlain a President?
Was he a head-of-state? [/s]

Not like I'm interested in whatever Lai Muhhamed is talking about but you really should start being objective and STOP being a troll.
1) Britain doesn't have Presidents or Heads of State. They have Prime Ministers.
2) Was Neville Chamberlain a Prime Minister? YES!
When Stanley Baldwin retired in May 1937, Chamberlain took his place as Prime Minister. . His premiership was dominated by the question of policy toward the increasingly aggressive Germany, and his actions at Munich were widely popular among Britons at the time. When Hitler continued his aggression, Chamberlain pledged Britain to defend Poland's independence if the latter were attacked, an alliance that brought Britain into war when Germany attacked Poland in 1939.

Did Chamberlain resign? Absolutely YES!

Chamberlain resigned the premiership on 10 May 1940 after the Allies were forced to retreat from Norway, as he believed agovernment supported by all parties was essential, and the Labour and Liberal parties would not join a government headed by him. He was succeeded by Winston Churchill but remained very well regarded in Parliament, especially among Conservatives.

Last bullet : Stop Being a troll!
Credits: Wikipedia

12 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by petrov10: 6:55pm On Nov 07, 2014
Are these people so scared of meeting president jonathan in the pools that they would rather indulge in this show of shame , of asking the president to resign. ?? ,,,....... Having . Apc as an opposition is rilly embarassing

3 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by ayukdaboss(m): 6:57pm On Nov 07, 2014
pendy79:

Madam Haba, even in this modern day of google and CNN, BBC and aljazeera, you don't know that the british system of government is parliamentary and not presidential .

That in Britain the leader is called a Prime Minister. Where are we going in this country? PDP God punish you for bamboozling and panelbeating our educational system since 1999.
I've replied her ignorance grin
I swear these TANoids don't have sense. The other day it was phockphockman who thought a Trench Suit being bogus is it's design not oversize. grin

3 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by 9jii(m): 7:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
petrov10:
Are these people so scared of meeting president jonathan in the pools that they would rather indulge in this show of shame , of asking the president to resign. ?? ,,,....... Having . Apc as an opposition is rilly embarassing
This one, you are Bad at defending failure(this administration)
Let them 'tit' and co do it.

3 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by ayukdaboss(m): 7:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
tit:

Lie Mohammed, you have your usual foot-in-the-mouth disease.
You've exposed your folly on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by 9jii(m): 7:07pm On Nov 07, 2014
tit:
Was he a head-of-state?

IS CLUELESSNESS CONTAGIOUS?Is like this one gets really close.

8 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
That tit of a girl na Sales Girl for trade fair market! She no nothing about politics!

5 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by tit(f): 7:13pm On Nov 07, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Not like I'm interested in whatever Lai Muhhamed is talking about but you really should start being objective and STOP being a troll.
1) Britain doesn't have Presidents or Heads of State. They have Prime Ministers.
2) Was Neville Chamberlain a Prime Minister? YES!

3) Is Prime Minister the equivalent of President? NO!
4) Was Neville Chamberlain a President or equivalent? NOO!
5) Is President GEJ right? YES!
6)Is ApePigShit wrong? Damn wrong!

7 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by LajaLaba: 7:13pm On Nov 07, 2014
tit:
Was he a head-of-state?

Go back into the kichen now!

3 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by pendy79: 7:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
PDP has finish Nigeria o, But seriously is it a characteristics of any supporter of the PDP to be unrefined and lack proper education and enlightenment.

In this modern age of information technology for someone to be asking if Britain had A President or Head of State.

I tire for the calibre of people who see on NL o.

7 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by ayukdaboss(m): 7:15pm On Nov 07, 2014
tit:

You just made me laugh at your "foolishness" embarassed
Last Bullet: Stop Reasoning with Your "T.its" embarassed

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by tit(f): 7:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
gangbangers!
you cannot stand on your own two feet.
you can only run in packs.
like cowards and bottom-feeders.

It is me and you people here.
I will STOP YOUR APC OPERATION FEED THE NATION WITH LIES!

dem a go tired to see me face!
cant get me outta the race.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by pendy79: 7:18pm On Nov 07, 2014
tit:

Haba I was assuming you would have ran away from the thread and even suspend yourself from Nairaland for one month so the shame go go.

But here youre still trying to justify your cluelessness. I think Alhaji lai used cluelessness in his write up, I now get it, every supporter of JonaTAN has swore an oath to be clueless.

4 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by tit(f): 7:23pm On Nov 07, 2014
pendy79:
PDP has finish Nigeria o, But seriously is it a characteristics of any supporter of the PDP to be unrefined and lack proper education and enlightenment.

In this modern age of information technology for someone to be asking if Britain had A President or Head of State.

I tire for the calibre of people who see on NL o.

your mumu no get part two.
Britain has a head-of-state and commander-in-chief of her armed forces who is equivalent to President.
Right now it is queen eliza.
Under Chamberlain and Churchill, the equivalent of President was King George VI 1936 - 1952 (crowned in 1937).

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by tit(f): 7:25pm On Nov 07, 2014
pendy79:

Haba I was assuming you would have ran away from the thread and even suspend yourself from Nairaland for one month so the shame go go.

But here youre still trying to justify your cluelessness. I think Alhaji lai used cluelessness in his write up, I now get it, every supporter of JonaTAN has swore an oath to be clueless.

i dont know what you smoke but your j-weed is pretty good.

6 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by johnmartus(m): 7:33pm On Nov 07, 2014
Jonathan please listen to the advice of elders embrace these new proposal

1 Like

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by kokoA(m): 7:35pm On Nov 07, 2014
tit:

but you don't have sense o. Eyah.

3 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by pendy79: 7:35pm On Nov 07, 2014
tit:

Britain has a head-of-state and commander-in-chief of her armed forces who is equivalent to President.
Under Chamberlain and Churchill, the equivalent of President was King George VI 1936 - 1952 (crowned in 1937).

Madam God punish all the teachers that has ever taught you all your life but if them try for you yet you refused learning, I pray your children dont get dull and blocked head like you.

The British monarchy lost all powers of government since the 14th century, Haba why not shut this your trap.

Where you in your village when.the first and second Iraqi wars were fought ni? Is there no television in your home to know that the British Queen is ceremonial just like that of Nnamdi Azikiwe in 1960.

The British Monarchy has more powers in overseas territories than even in the Uk.

Sorry the commander in Chief of the Armed Forces in the united Kingdom is the British Prime Minister. He only informs her of his activities not to take orders from her.

Go get educated mam, be a lady and stop exposing your inadequacy here. I don't know if the pix on your profile is still there, if it is removed it. Your boyfriend should be ashamed of you.

12 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by ayukdaboss(m): 7:36pm On Nov 07, 2014
tit:

Hey. Stop embarrassing Goodluck Jonathan grin grin

7 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by pendy79: 7:39pm On Nov 07, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
That tit of a girl na Sales Girl for trade fair market! She no nothing about politics!

Oh thanks , I guess as much. So na the boyfriend wey dey sell electronics buy the phone give am. I now know her teacher and the person wey dey like her dull posts.

Na wa o, people dey nairaland o

6 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by petrov10: 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2014
9jii:

This one, you are Bad at defending failure(this administration)
Let them 'tit' and co do it.
I'm not defending anytin. Apc lacks moral decency to tell d president to resign

Who do they think they are ?

2 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by Franzeez(m): 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2014
All of you commenting here are all fools.... Big fools# just imagine what able bodied Nigerians are arguing of??

4 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by najoke: 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2014
tit:

i dont know what you smoke but your j-weed is pretty good.
^
why u dey make matter worse for ya self...............just do the needful

cover ya face with shame and waka go anoda thread .................and make sure u r anonymous.

3 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by ayukdaboss(m): 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2014
tit:

Madam stop this now. The Current Prime Minister of Britain is David Cameron. Elizabeth is just a Monarch! Are you this dull? embarassed

4 Likes

Re: APC educates Jonathan: You Won't Be The First President To Resign during War by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 07, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Madam stop this now. The Current Prime Minister of Britain is David Cameron. Elizabeth is just a Monarch! Are you this dull? embarassed
Thats how u identity JonaTANs. They are generally clueless like the retardee.n

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$50billion Oil Fraud: Diezani, Aluko, Aiteo, Sahara Energy, Omokore, For Trial / Kanu's Prostitute Unveiled. / Stop Or I Expose Your Dirty Deals As Petroleum Minister, IBB Warns Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.