Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

I Am Tired Of Pastors Saying "Touch Your Neigbour And Say" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Tired Of Pastors Saying "Touch Your Neigbour And Say" (2632 Views)

Wives Of Pastors Urged To Satisfy Husbands In Bed / I Am Tired Of Going To Church / Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Tired Of Pastors Saying "Touch Your Neigbour And Say" by mumumugu(m): 11:18am On Nov 08, 2014
I’m tired of touching my neighbor and telling them stuff. I don’t touch my neighbor in the street so why do I have to touch them in church. Ok, so I don’t meanthat. I enjoy the “30 second hug your neighbor” moment every service but the repetitive touch your neighbor command from a preacher has got to stop.
Who started this? Was it initiated with the first black preachers, or adopted early in the 20th century? Do white preachers command their congregations to do this since we like copying

Touch your neighbor and tell em God has been so good to me, I can’t stop dancing, shouting, turning, praising and clapping right now – Hallelujah!”

Huh? I can’t remember all that. I’m trying to take notes!

Touch your neighbor and say, “You gotta praise Him!”

Touch your neighbor and say, “When I look back over my life!”

Touch your neighbor and say “BUT GOD”

Touch your neighbor and say, “If NOT NOW, WHEN?!

How about I touch you and say – STOP asking me to touch my neighbor.

How about you just preach what you have prepared?

People come to church to hear about God from the preacher, not from a neighbor. If they wanted to hear from a neighbor, they would have gone next door and not to church
Re: I Am Tired Of Pastors Saying "Touch Your Neigbour And Say" by vooks: 11:23am On Nov 08, 2014
Just one of the many idiosyncrasies you find in any group of people. Don't let it bother u
Re: I Am Tired Of Pastors Saying "Touch Your Neigbour And Say" by lomaxx: 11:29am On Nov 08, 2014
Touch your neighbour and say "This post would get to frontpage" wink smiley

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Pastors Saying "Touch Your Neigbour And Say" by Mrfils(m): 11:40am On Nov 08, 2014
Touch ur neighbor and say, "the thunder that will fire this Op is doing press up". grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Tired Of Pastors Saying "Touch Your Neigbour And Say" by asalimpo(m): 11:43am On Nov 08, 2014
Church is a great elixir - it helps warm up d mood of d congreagation,after a stressful work week.
Op, b grateful for these lil things-they cud very well b inspired directly by God.
It's not always sermons and teaching, its d whole refreshg package for d mind,soul and body.

Anoda1: go up to at least 10 people and give them a warm handshake

2. Dance before you giv ur testimony

3. Turn to ur neighbour and say ...

4. If today is ur first day in church cud you please stand up
congregation, go up to them and giv them a warm welcome.
*one,or two stragglers stroll up to tender their limp handshakes *

one of those things ..
Re: I Am Tired Of Pastors Saying "Touch Your Neigbour And Say" by EvilBrain1(m): 12:17pm On Nov 08, 2014
Just stop going to church.

Problem solved.
Re: I Am Tired Of Pastors Saying "Touch Your Neigbour And Say" by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2014
Lololol. This is a very funny thread. Lol.
Re: I Am Tired Of Pastors Saying "Touch Your Neigbour And Say" by chymystique(f): 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2014
asalimpo:
Church is a great elixir - it helps warm up d mood of d congreagation,after a stressful work week.
Op, b grateful for these lil things-they cud very well b inspired directly by God.
It's not always sermons and teaching, its d whole refreshg package for d mind,soul and body.

Anoda1: go up to at least 10 people and give them a warm handshake

2. Dance before you giv ur testimony

3. Turn to ur neighbour and say ...

4. If today is ur first day in church cud you please stand up
congregation, go up to them and giv them a warm welcome.
*one,or two stragglers stroll up to tender their limp handshakes *

one of those things ..

That your number 3 annoys me the most I dunnoo why.. And I find it hard doing them.
Re: I Am Tired Of Pastors Saying "Touch Your Neigbour And Say" by saintvc(m): 8:40am On Nov 09, 2014
Rev fathers dont do this
Re: I Am Tired Of Pastors Saying "Touch Your Neigbour And Say" by SeunEatsGARRI: 11:11am On Nov 09, 2014
Touch your neighbour and say Seun Eats GARRI undecided
Re: I Am Tired Of Pastors Saying "Touch Your Neigbour And Say" by mumumugu(m): 12:50am On Nov 11, 2014
Re: I Am Tired Of Pastors Saying "Touch Your Neigbour And Say" by mumumugu(m): 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2014
Re: I Am Tired Of Pastors Saying "Touch Your Neigbour And Say" by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 14, 2014
grin
Re: I Am Tired Of Pastors Saying "Touch Your Neigbour And Say" by mumumugu(m): 9:51am On Mar 14, 2015

(1) (Reply)

I Was Forced To Accept Islam / Did You Become An Atheist In 2018? / Irrevocable Payment Order Via Atm Card - Yahoo Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.