Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? (1661 Views)

HELP! My Website Is No Longer Opening With Operamini Web Browser. / New Best Web Browser Toolbars / The Fastest Web-browser For Slow Internet Connections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 08, 2014
yo guys! just want to know what browsers gives you the best experience when surfing the internet & Nairaland on your PC, TABLETS OR MOBILE PHONES wink

for me, i love using INTERNET EXPLORER cos it's the best! i know it's one hell of a headache for webdevelopers especially on older versions, you have to do a lot of CSS hacks to render your pages the same way just as newer browsers, especially if it's a responsive design.. Ah okay, some of you reading this are n0t webdev okay, okay.

Opera mini these is my best browser on Mobile, i know opera uses cloud acceleration to load pages, but i found Opera to be a bit buggy, when i click the like button here, the link just turns active, even when i try to submit a reply, anyway, it's caused by some scripts that runs in the background trying to submit data onClick but Opera servers doesn't support background runtime of scripts their server loads the page data and sends a snapshot of it, thatz why data usage is minimized on Opera!

What's your fav browser?
Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 08, 2014
Opera minimizes data consumption
but UCBROWSER rocks!!!!!
Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 08, 2014
Khaynet:
Opera minimizes data consumption
but UCBROWSER rocks!!!!!

UCBROWSER rocks but it's buggy... UC is a brother of IE
Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by Skillfullulu(m): 6:17pm On Nov 08, 2014
Opera rocks, but back then its ucbrowser.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by dharyour93(m): 7:09pm On Nov 08, 2014
Naijazoom:
yo guys! just want to know what browsers gives you the best experience when surfing the internet & Nairaland on your PC, TABLETS OR MOBILE PHONES wink

for me, i love using INTERNET EXPLORER cos it's the best! i know it's one hell of a headache for webdevelopers especially on older versions, you have to do a lot of CSS hacks to render your pages the same way just as newer browsers, especially if it's a responsive design.. Ah okay, some of you reading this are n0t webdev okay, okay.

Opera mini these is my best browser on Mobile, i know opera uses cloud acceleration to load pages, but i found Opera to be a bit buggy, when i click the like button here, the link just turns active, even when i try to submit a reply, anyway, it's caused by some scripts that runs in the background trying to submit data onClick but Opera servers doesn't support background runtime of scripts their server loads the page data and sends a snapshot of it, thatz why data usage is minimized on Opera!

What's your fav browser?

My Fav Browser is GOOGLE CHROME both on mobile and pc. I love Everything about it. Especially the INSPECT ELEMENT functionality. Its very useful when I'm coding.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 08, 2014
dharyour93:

My Fav Browser is GOOGLE CHROME both on mobile and pc. I love Everything about it. Especially the INSPECT ELEMENT functionality. Its very useful when I'm coding.

Ok cool. i find it useful and cool...
Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by WebHostingPal: 4:38am On Nov 09, 2014
If you want to speedily get a form of attack on your computer like adware, keylogger and other kinds of Internet crazies Internet Explorer is great for you. grin

I have 6 browsers including Internet Explorer due to the nature of my line of work. But I use the IE maybe once in four or five months. Too much hassle with IE, telling you from Years of trying and testing, it's way out of touch.

My favourite browsers are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. For technical control and all stuff I recommend Mozilla Firefox, this browser is technically the best in my opinion, it comes with tons of plugins, adware and those bad crawlies have no chance, no annoying ads, no popups, no popunders, the browser comes with loads of goodies. But I don't like the desktop.

Opera desktop is the best, I use this to arrange sites I like to visit again, it has some goodies as well, no annoying popups etc, unlike Internet Explorer. If you use Windows 8 you will appreciate Opera's desktop.

Another one is --------, this is basically a browser that acts as a proxy. It was specifically developed to hide your real IP address and it does more. Mozilla Firefox as well has a nice plugin that allows you to hide your IP, but I have never used that feature.

This particular browser generates random IP addresses and you are basically untraceable with it, because it protects you by bouncing your Internet communications all over a distributed network relays operated by volunteers around the world.

The browser simply prevents someone watching your Internet connection, it also prevent prying eyes from learning what sites you have visited, and it also prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location. I use this to trace hacking attempts on our networks.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 09, 2014
ooops.. did someone mention Internet Explorer?

I only use Internet Explorer to download Mozilla FireFox and other Browsers.. lipsrsealed
Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2014
coolsix:
ooops.. did someone mention Internet Explorer?

I only use Internet Explorer to download Mozilla FireFox and other Browsers.. lipsrsealed

Download the latest version and stop posting what you don't know!
Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
Naijazoom:

Download the latest version and stop posting what you don't know!
Must I like Internet Explorer? The OP asked what is our favorite. Please do not quote me again. IE is rubbish if it hurts you smash your Computer. I USE Windows 8.1 with all apps updated so don't say what you don't know
Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by dharyour93(m): 4:56pm On Nov 09, 2014
coolsix:

Must I like Internet Explorer? The OP asked what is our favorite. Please do not quote me again. IE is rubbish if it hurts you smash your Computer. I USE Windows 8.1 with all apps updated so don't say what you don't know

I don't use IE but the last time I used it, I didn't know I was using IE. it's not as bad as we always portray it to be. The problem is just dat dey don't automatically update it. When there is a new feature, U av to download and install it. Dats wat kills ie.

[size=30pt]I can confidently tell you that IE10+ can compete with Chrome and Firefox.[/size]

IE10+ also has full support of HTML5 & CSS3.

I'm a Google person so I use Chrome (By far the best browser for me.) IE 10 and above rocks.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2014
dharyour93:

I don't use IE but the last time I used it, I didn't know I was using IE. it's not as bad as we always portray it to be. The problem is just dat dey don't automatically update it. When there is a new feature, U av to download and install it. Dats wat kills ie.

[size=30pt]I can confidently tell you that IE10+ can compete with Chrome and Firefox.[/size]

I'm a Google person so I use Chrome (By far the best browser for me.) IE 10 and above rocks.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2014
dharyour93:

Download IE12 Or 11 and i bet you'll quit that buggy chrome...

have you ever played games online? watched youtube videos? or Hacked a website using Sql and batch or windows IIS exploit? then you need IE to be a great web developer! #peace

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by dharyour93(m): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
Naijazoom:

have you ever played games online? watched youtube videos? or Hacked a website using Sql and batch or windows IIS exploit? then you need IE to be a great web developer! #peace

Will dl it tonight and give it a try.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by sapientia(m): 10:25am On Nov 10, 2014
Mozilla for Desktop
UCbrowser for mobile
Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 10, 2014
sapientia:
Mozilla for Desktop
UCbrowser for mobile
Ok cool...
Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by soldierdollar(m): 11:15am On Nov 10, 2014
Naijazoom:

Na u ask question and Na u go answer . smh

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 10, 2014
soldierdollar:

Na u ask question and Na u go answer . smh
Like say na by force. Me use Firefox both mobile and pc
Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 10, 2014
On desktop I'm still in love with Firefox for over 6 years running now. Google Chrome is the back up especially when I need to access 2 different Gmails.

On Mobile it's opera mini. And again Google Chrome (mobile) is the back up.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by njuwo(m): 2:31pm On Nov 10, 2014
dharyour93:

Where can i download google chrome for nokia c3
Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by dharyour93(m): 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2014
njuwo:

Its not available for Nokia C3
Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by dharyour93(m): 2:51pm On Nov 10, 2014
njuwo:

[size=20pt]Its not available for Nokia C3[/size]
Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by jaybossYBNL(m): 5:02pm On Nov 10, 2014
I use Opera Mini a lot but there are some sites it will not open very well, I do switch to uc browser in such cases but I go with opera mini
Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by billking(m): 12:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
I am pleased to welcome you to smile communications, a new telecommunication firm in Nigeria with its headquarters in South Africa focused on providing our distinguished customers with high-quality, reliable, Super Fast broadband access using 4G LTE technology. I know you have been longing for Fast- really Fast internet, this is your SOLUTION. What can smile do for you? Speed with our state of the art 4G LTE (4th generation Long term evolution) broadband technology, where you can experience streaming and downloading significantly 10X faster than 3G networks. Smile provides you with a reliable connection and also transparency which means that you would always get exactly what you need. Smile has a variety of bundles to suit your requirements- Smile Anytime bundle, Smile@home night and weekend bundle and smile packages- Wifi Router@N23,000 with 10GB Free, Mi-fi Router@N16,000 with 5GB Free . By joining smile, you will also smile Place you order now and start enjoying with Smile. Call: kingsley 08030935534 for delivery before payment Thanks.

Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by WebHostingPal: 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
billking:
I am pleased to welcome you to...

Off topic nonsense, this is a webmasters area, are there no moderators here?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by henryobinna(m): 6:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
ok, my best on mobile is UC browser
while on PC is mozilla n chrome(I alternate the two)

but chrome is buggy sometimes

but it seems I'll get the latest IE to see if what this naijazoom girl is saying is true or not.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Web Browser? by RapidBTS: 10:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
Smile LTE

(1) (Reply)

Meet This Nigerian Young Talent Who Developed An Os(cloudiora Os) / Learn SEO Tips And Strategies For Your Blog And Or Website#2017 / $50 Payooner Funds Available For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.